Zoella

Af Lynxstardust

Zoella's last memory was when she drowned in the lake but suddenly she found herself in a strange world. A wo... Mere

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Notice
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90

Part 54

1.2K 66 3
Af Lynxstardust

In a room full of food and drinks, there were two people stuffing their faces vigorously. It was understandable since the two of them have been out for two days straight.

"I can't believe you also fainted, Zoe."

Hayes said with his mouth still full of food. Zoella chewed her food slowly before she answered.

"What can I do? Maintaining a barrier and spreading my mana at the same time was a hard task, you know?"

"Not as hard as mine."

"I mean, I could do it too but I'm not confident if I can come out with my soul still intact."

"..."

Hayes looked at Zoella blankly. Hayes noticed that since they finished their first mission, Zoella's mood often change. At times like this, he only knew one plausible reason.

"Zoe, are you on your-"

"What?!"

"Nothing... nothing. Here, have some more."

Hayes slid some plates in front of her.

This was the first time Hayes saw Zoe had a mood swing during her period. That girl's emotion was usually stable even though at times like this.

Based on his experience when dealing with Harriet, the best thing he could do now was feed her and wait until her mood got better. Hayes wished there would be no idiot who comes and interrupted Zoella. Or else, he didn't know what this girl would do.

Zoella put down her cutlery as she leaned her back on her chair. She could feel Hayes still staring a hole at her. Zoella averted her gaze from Hayes. She immediately felt bad after snapping at him for the first time.

"It's alright, Zoe. Thankfully, your mood swing is way better than Harriet's."

Zoella pursed her lips after hearing Hayes's words. She didn't know if she should be mad or relieved to hear that.

"Also, we need to purify this forest soon."

"We? You won't do it yourself?"

She lifted her left eyebrow. Zoella naturally thought that she just needed to see while Hayes does the purifying himself.

"You come here to train, Zoe. Not on a vacation."

Zoella rolled her eyes. She somehow regretted coming along with Hayes. But it was already too late to go back now.

"I see you have finished your meal."

Hayes and Zoella stood up the moment they heard Darfin's voice. They sat back down after Darfin and Tyrael did.

"Yes. Thank you so much for your hospitality."

"Hoho, it was nothing. The two of you are our benefactors. Of course, we need to pay special attention."

The elves' demeanor had changed drastically compared to when they first arrived in this forest. They became extremely kind. So much that it kind of made Zoella feel weird.

Hayes straightened his posture as he put on a serious expression.

"Sir Darfin, about the black mages which I am certain that Zoella had explained to you, I'm pretty sure that their purpose was the life stone. Though we still don't know as to why they need it since their attribute was the opposite of the life stone."

Darfin listened to every word Hayes said carefully.

"We can say if the life stone is the light, then black mana is the dark. These two will clash if they were to be combined."

"..."

"And now, we need to purify the forest immediately."

"We will escort you."

Darfin commanded the elves that faithfully follow him everywhere to stay behind. He only took Tyrael, Hayes, and Zoella to the cave where the life stone remain.

Right at the cave's entrance, Zoella could feel the overwhelming power enveloping her body. It was warm and welcoming. She now understood why Hayes compared the life stone with the light.

Zoella entered the cave with anticipation in her heart. It was a stone from a myth and was said to have enormous power. She was curious about the shape of this marvelous stone.

"Right here."

Darfin pointed to a space behind a big stone. Hayes and Zoella hurriedly went over to take a look.

A pang of disappointment hit her heart the second she laid her eyes on the stone. Zoella expected the stone to be large. But this stone wasn't even as big as her palm.

Contrary to Zoella's disappointment, Hayes looked impressed by the stone. This white little stone had bigger energy than he expected. He carefully scooped the stone and placed it on a flat stone. Now that she looked at it closely, its shape was like a teardrop.

'No wonder the myth said that.'

Hayes and Zoella sat across each other. However, Hayes still hadn't told her what she should do.

"Do it just like when you spread your mana."

Zoella nodded. The two of them began to focus with their hands hovered over the life stone. Hayes's red mana and Zoella's blue mana danced around the life stone making it shine more than ever.

The dark cave slowly filled with light. It was dazzling that Tyrael and Darfin covered their eyes.

The mana brought out the life stone's power as it spread around the forest. The life stone couldn't bring back the dead. However, it healed the dying animals and plants.

Hayes nodded as a sign to Zoella that everything had been back to normal. Neither the black smoke nor the stain of black mana could be felt in the forest.

The light started to fade as they stopped channeling their mana to the life stone.

Zoella blinked her eyes a few times. For some reason, the forest felt different after they wiped off the black mana. She didn't know what it is but she felt it.

While Zoella wondering about the feeling in her heart, Hayes grabbed a stone and carved it exactly the same as the life stone's shape.

He brought it closer to the life stone as he channeled his mana again. The red mana took out the life's stone energy as it wrapped around the carved stone.

The carved stone gradually let out the light just like the life stone. It even emitted the same energy as the real one.

"Sir Hayes, what is it that you make?"

Tyrael asked as he and his father approached him.

"From now on, this is the real life stone."

The three people had the same reaction to his words. They frowned as they tried to process what Hayes just said.

"What do you mean, teacher?"

Hayes put on a smirk with his hand rubbing the carved stone.

"It's been two days since we passed out. During that time, there would be no way the master  wouldn't be suspicious as to why his subordinates hadn't back yet."

"..."

"So, he commanded his other subordinates to look for them, and when they found those corpses his next move will be spying on this village to find the culprit, which is me."

"What's that got to do with the stone?"

"Easy, Zoe. Now, because this cave is still inside the village I believe they still haven't caught a glimpse of us. Later when we leave the village, take this stone and place it in a different cave."

"So they will mistake this stone as the real one."

"Correct. While we're at it, we will create an illusion in this cave making the life stone's energy subtle."

"I see. Very well, we will do it."

Hayes's smile got wider as he handed the stone to Darfin. With that, they proceeded Hayes's plan without a hitch.

Just like Hayes expected, the black mages didn't make a move even after the two left with Tyrael. Darfin wanted Tyrael to go with them so he could learn about the outside world. And Hayes had no choice but to take him in.

"Seem like things are going well."

With his mana, he could feel the black mage follow the elves when they move the fake life stone to another cave. But they didn't attack the elves at all.

"Well, yeah but we need to do something with these two."

Hayes stopped as he looked at Tyrael and Eirwen. There would be no way these two could go to the human village looking like their current appearance.

"Right."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

89K 2.8K 32
The story starts with "Once upon a time" and ends up with "She died with her head unattached to her body." And her world did not end with a bang, or...
344 48 17
basically a sad scrawny loser who gets bullied in school everyday,dad kills mom gets rammed by a truck and somehow meets God? Who is surpringly cute...
807K 29.8K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...
5.7M 303K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...