My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

Eliana

664 32 60
By MadeenahJunaid

Lilah opened her eyes and realized the chill in the room was different.

"Where am I?" Her half-sleepy eyes narrowed as she quickly pulled up from bed. Her hand searched around and she touched Asher's built chest. Suddenly, she remembered she visited him. Checking for her phone, Lilah scrolled through and saw 19 missed calls from Mum.

"No... This isn't happening." She cried mentally and checked the time. It was 6:01 a.m.

Slowly, Lilah picked up her knitted dress and put it on. Looking at Asher, his perfectly structured body lay naked on his executive bed, partly covered by his thick white, fur-blanket. Without saying a word, she picked up her purse and left.

Getting home, Lilah pushed the door, and it was locked. She brought out a bunch of keys from her small hand purse and opened the door. Surprised to see that her dad was back already, Lilah swallowed hard on her breath.

Previously, Mr Wulfric traveled to South Korea to cook for some business executives. He usually travels from country to country for social services.

"Oh, Dad. You're back." She peeled a smile at him and hurried to hug him.

"Yes, my dear. Where are you coming from?" his thick brow raised while he gently pulled away from the hug.

"I paid Eliana a visit late last night and crashed at her place." She lied, covering up with a tired yawn.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls?" Benita walked in, cutting into their conversation with a raised voice.
"You kept us worried all night. I couldn't sleep a wink. Asher also ignored my calls. Where did you spend the night?"

"At Eliana's apartment. I'm sorry I missed your calls. My phone was in silent mode." Lilah replied, innocently. "And Mummy, I am 23-years-old. I'm old enough to take care of myself."

"No matter how old you are, Lilah. You're still my wolf pub. Don't forget, you're the only child for us now."

"I know, mum." She replied with a frown.

"Good. Go inside and change. Don't forget to have a shower, huh? Your eyes are swollen." Benita added.

Lilah walked in with no reply. Although she hated it her mum had to remind her to take a bath now and then, and she just stormed upstairs. Her nostrils flared outwards as she rushed upstairs into her room. As she walked in, her hands banged the door close. Closing the door behind them, she felt her heart building. The surprise that she almost revealed the secret sank into her bones. Lilah sprayed her fingers against her breastbone, feeling its sudden warmth. An involuntary whimper escaped her lips as her slim fingers held her head in confusion.

Lilah placed her back on the wall. Her legs felt wobbly as the thought of spending the night with Asher poured through. She dropped to the floor instantly, with a flood of tears bursting from the corners of her eyes. Her body was wracked with an onslaught of sobs and tears as she fought to hold it back. Lilah clenched her fist in a ball with her teeth, gritted in pain and anger.

"What have I done to myself? What have I done... Asena? Asena please, forgive me. I betrayed you... I shouldn't have done that." Her bottom lips quivered, making her shoulders drop in resignation. "I didn't know how it happened... Asena, I feel terrible. I slept with your mate, I feel ruined!"

More soft moans escaped her lips through the suppressed sounds of weeping. She didn't want her mum to come up again, asking her what was wrong. She would get the truth out of her, no matter what.

"What am I going to do? Who am I going to tell? I just spent the night with Alpha Asher, what happened throughout the night?" More tears raced down her red cheeks. Lilah knew it was over. Her life would be over if anyone knew this.

She crawled to her bed in a disheveled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears, crying onto her pillow. A series of coughs escaped her throat, making it difficult to swallow.

"I just want to die... How do I face the whole pack if this gets out? How do I look at him again?" her raspy voice clamored in the silence.

'Ring! Ring!! Ring!!!' The vibration of her phone freaked her out. Its sudden buzz almost caused her heart attack as she froze, with eyes filled with panic.

Lilah grabbed her purse to check. It was 2 missed calls from Conan, her mate. Her eyes widened in dismay as he called repeatedly.

"What do I say? How do I reply?" Lilah's mind wept over the thought and she was freaking out.

'No one must know about this. Not even my mum or my mate.' She promised to bury last night's incident within her chest. Hopefully, it dies there.

***

"Lilah, look at me." Benita hissed. "I said face me!"

Lilah did, and they shared intense eye contact.

"Oh, my goodness... Have you been crying?" Her mother asked with widened eyes.

"No... Not at all, mum. I haven't." Lilah defended.

"You're shivering." Benita cut in and pestered. "You know I don't like it when you lie."

Lilah gazed away, swallowing the lump of guilt welling up in her chest. Benita lifted her oblong face and closer.

"Look at your eyes!" Benita pressed with worry written a over her face.

"I told you I'm not crying."

"It's obvious you were crying. Talk to me. What is the problem? I thought you were getting over Asena's death. Did something bad happen? Did your boss sack you? Tell me so I would go talk to him."

"No, I didn't get sacked. Yes... I was crying but, it's not something serious." Lilah stammered.

"Ah, just listen to yourself. No, you were not crying. Yes, you're crying, but not something serious. Talk to me, Lilah. Stop hiding your worries with lies. It solves nothing." She placed a hand on hers. "What is the problem?"

"Mum, you worry too much. It's just a slight headache. I'll be fine." Lilah pointed out.

"Would you be going to work today? I can't stop thinking about you because you're my only child now." She raised again with a puzzled look.

"I would go tomorrow."

"Would you be fine staying home? I think you should go out a little." Benita suggested. "To let these worries off your mind."

"Okay... I would follow you to the restaurant." Lilah agreed.

"Good. I will wait for you, so we will go together." Benita wore a smile of encouragement to her daughter.

Lilah went to the bathroom to have a shower. She put on a navy blue jeans trousers and a black sweater.

"Are you cold?" Benita asked, placing a head on her forehead. "It seems you're burning up." She jerked. "Put on a simple singlet and let's go."

"Okay, mum." She replied, doing as instructed.

After changing into a white singlet, Lilah rushed out of the house to join her mother in their car. Benita drove off to the empty street and Lilah was sure to put her phone in silence.

In no time, Benita swerved her into the parking lot. Other workers were serving and cleaning up the place already. After breakfast, someone entered and her gaze raised at the person. It was Eliana, her friend.

She had a green-laced sheath dress on and black pairs of platform heels on her feet. Her shoulder-length, light blonde hair fitted her fair skin so well. And her sky-blue eyes were one to die for.

'Tap! Tap! Tap!'

Eliana tapped on the front table where Lilah was seated before she realized she was standing in front of her.

"What's up, girl! It's been a while!" Eliana started with a bright, welcoming smile.

"Oh, you're here. How's everything? " Lilah' s raspy voice replied.

"You don't seem happy. Are you still on your sister's death or is it something else?"

"Take a seat." Lilah offered, ignoring her questions.

"You haven't answered my questions, Lee! And why have you been ignoring my calls? Since yesterday... I was damn worried, it took a lot to wait till today." Eliana raised a slim eyebrow.

"I think I'm not over with Asena's death, yet," she explained. "I still see her in my dreams."

"Geez! I know you two were like twins, but come on, this should have gone by now. What's the dream about?"

"She just wants me to be there for her. I see her in a garden, but Asena isn't happy. She is always worrying about us too, Mum, Dad, and Asher. I wish to move along, but it's difficult. The more I try to forget her, the more I can't."

"Aw...that's sad. Don't worry, everything will be fine." She said, rolling a strand of hair with her index finger. "That reminds me... Why I wanted to see you."

Lilah pulled forward, interestingly.

"Conan. He left me messages asking if you traveled with your dad. He said he came over, but you weren't around. Are you ignoring your mate because of any specific reason?"

"No, I'm not ignoring Conan. You know I can't. We met two weeks ago and everything was fine." Lilah replied in defense.

"Wasn't that before Asena's death?" Eliana gave her a bitchy look. "Conan came by last Friday to check on you. I guess he's been occupied lately. You should also check up on him."

"Ugh. I'm trying, Elie! I'm doing my best." Lilah pointed out.

"I can see that... Even if you don't reply to his texts, you need to see him. Conan is worried about you. You guys are my power couple... I just wish I'd find my mate, eventually."

"But you've been in serval relationships with humans. You shouldn't have to complain, Elie! Don't you get what you want?"

"You and I know that the moon goddess chooses our destined soulmates. Sometimes, I wonder why I haven't met mine yet. Is it because I'm cheating on someone I haven't met already? Ugh. The guilt is killing me!" Eliana whined like a child and Lilah held onto her suppressed laugh.

She always complains, yet gets the advantage of living both as a werewolf and a human. Even after many heartbreaks, she just won't learn.

"I don't know. Do I still have a mate out there? What if he's dead?" Eliana raised again.

"You can think whatever, bestie. What should I offer you?"

"Cobb salad and strawberry milkshake... The usual." A tired sigh escaped her lips. "I'll have to rush back to work in 30 minutes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 84.1K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
499K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
194K 6.3K 23
The rules were simple, every full moon, omegas and alphas would gather and they would find their mates. So... How did I get unlucky enough to fall in...
5.8M 176K 38
NEW EDITION. REVISION IN PROGRESS *amateur writing. Not everyone's cup of tea.* "She turned her pain into power, her visions into victory." "Behind e...