Anbum Aranum Udaiththaayin

By Random_Sparks

அன்பும் அறனும் உடைத்தாயின் இல்வாழ்க்கை பண்பும் பயனும் அது. Can marriage be held in name of virtue with no lov... More

Vidhi
Thuyaram
Kaamam
Mana Kumaral
Nerukku Ner
Mudivu
Kilarchi
Kulappam
Avachol
Ninaivugal
Purakkanipu
Aravanaippu
Thelivu
Azhutham
Akkarai
Anbu
Unardhal
Vethanai
Ellai
Parisu
Kovam
Oppudhal
Pirivu
Sandhipu
Kaarpulli
Nallinakam
Nokkam
Kutra Unarchi
Vivagarathu
Unavagam
Illam
Ketuvai
Thaniyaga
Payirrunar
Pudavai
Sondham
Thirumanam
Udanpirappu
Irppu
Unarchi Purvam
Katandhu Pogum
Avan
Nambikai
Sudari
Pathukappu
Soan papadi
Kalangam
Unmai Tharunam
Varama Sabhama?
Uyir Uruvaadha
Tharunam
Anandha Naatkal
Munmozhivu
Yosanai
Edhirgalam
Niraivu
Varutham
Senkathire
Emmatram
Grahapravesam
Poruppu
Kudumbam
Suya Mariyadhai
Urudhi
Alosanai
Pilavu
Arivuruthal
Nermai
Kadai Thirappu
Dhooram
Samarasam
Amaidhi
En Jeevan
Mogathirai
Nee Naan Naam
Nerukkam
Pathirikkai
Polivu
Ennavale
Marudhani
Theeranadhi
Kootu Kudumbam
Irudhiurai
Nandrigal 🙏🏽

Maangalyam

1.2K 177 118
By Random_Sparks

December 11 – Kalyana mandapam

Kathir and family reached mandapam around noon and he couldn't get a glimpse of Mullai until their engagement much later in the afternoon. She walked into the dias briefly to get blessing of the elders, before she went back to change into the saree presented by Kathir's family. Only after she changed into the saree, she was made to stand next to Kathir. She looked elegant in red handloom silk saree with maroon border. She gave a quick glance at him and smiled before turning away.

He wore a simple peach shirt and brown trouser. He was glad, he didn't have to change as many clothes as Mullai.

The ceremony was simple and without much fuss, the lagana pathirikai was read and they soon exchanged rings. The moment he slipped the ring onto her finger he looked up to her, his gaze packed with intent. Mullai has never seen him look that intent when they were around people. It made her heart skip a beat. His gaze was deliberate not caring about people around them. She smiled, breaking their eye contact. He turned away looking at the people around with smiles.

"Keela poidadhenga. Cake vetanum", Kanna announced when all elders started dispersing.

"Dei idhu elam epo da panna?", Dhanam questioned.

"Jollya irukum illa anni. Naanum Jeeva annanum kalayil poi vangitu vandhom.", he grinned

"Dei idhu elam namba pazhakathil illa da. Periyavangala kekama idhu elam edhuku seiyara?", Lakshmi confronted him.

"Idhu than ipo trend. Enna ma, nenga onum theriyama irukenga"

"Athai solradhu seri thana. Thevai iladha velai da idhu elam", Dhanam joined her mother in law. She was worried if any of the relatives would talk ill about Mullai and did not want to have rituals than what was truly necessary. Even Parvathy was skeptical about a grand wedding initially but later agreed for Mullai.

Noticing the tension ,
"Seri vidunga. Chinna pasanga edho panitu poranga. Dhanam Nee amma va sapida kutitu po", Moorthy suggested.

Meena handed the knife to Mullai. Mullai turned to Kathir, wondering if he was ok with all these set up.

"Yepadi Anni? Kalakitena? Enaku pudicha butterscotch cake", Kanna leaned closer, so only Kathir and Mullai could hear them, as he placed the cake on a table before them.

"Dei avaluku chocolate cake than da pudikum", Kathir stated without an ounce of doubt .

"Podhum anne . Ipadi marina, andha thangara Sakthi enaku illa.."

"Po da!", Kathir teased. Kathir without hesitation wrapped his hand around her which was holding the knife. Their gazes met and he nodded asking her to go on. Taking the cue, they both leaned forward in perfect synchronization and cut the cake.

There faces were close to each other while they cut the cake, that she could even smell his cologne. She felt warm and a small blush adorned her cheeks. His grip on her fingers went tighter and she felt just a hand hold in front of entire family felt more intimate then all their hand holds in the past.

"Seri Mulla. Kathir ku first piece ootu ", Viji, her friend  urged

Mullai looked at Kathir. She was little hesitant to feed him in front of a crowd. Sensing her shyness, Kathir picked a piece of cake and took it close to her mouth. A coy smile made its way to her lips as she took a bite. When he was about to drop down his hands, she wrapped her fingers around his and guided it back to his mouth. He was initially shocked and looked at her without blinking, as he tasted the cake from her hand. Though they have shared food from same plate, sharing same piece felt more intimate and  special.

Kanna and Meena hooted making Kathir turn away from Mullai in shyness . Mullai too turned to look at others but her cheeks were flaming.

"Elarum sendhu ninna oru photo yeduthukarean", photograpger announced.

Kathir leaned closer to her while facing others "Mulla, un othatula cream iruku paaru"

"Enga?", she asked trying to wipe off.

"Indha side", he corrected. When she still struggled to wipe it out, he extended his fingers grazing over her lips wiping away the cream. She looked at his eyes and Kathir shifted his eyes to meet her intentional gaze on him. At the same moment, unbeknown to them, the cameraman captured that exact beautiful moment.

*
Later that evening, Mullai and friends were chatting away to glory. Meena joined them in the fun.

"Seri Mulla. Naan veetuku kelambarean. Nalaiku sikiram vandudarean"

"Seri Meena. Inaiku neraya neram ninutu vera irundenga"

"Amam konjam tireda iruku. Aana en kavalai vera"

"Acho enna achu Meena?", Mullai asked worried.

"Illa, ipadi periya vayir, weight potapo kalyanam vechutenga. Inaiku yedutha photo elam thirumbi pakarapo, naan matum ipadi irupean", Meena complained and Mullai couldn't help but laugh

"Sirikadhenga. Azhaga dress panni photo edukalamna, 5 nimisham ninnu podavai kataradhey periya taska iruku. Idhula vidham vidhama enga dress up panradhu. Porumaiya adutha varsham kalyanam vechu irukalam", she sulked.

Mullai shaked her head at Meena laughing "kavalai padadhenga. Ungaluku kolandhai porandhadum, elarum sendhu inoru vaati idhey pudavai elam kaati, photo yeduthukalam. Seriya?"

"Meena, next Mullai valagapu varum. Apo ava ipadi periya varioda irupa. Apo elarum serndhu eduthukonga. Yepadi?", Viji teased leaving Mullai blushing

"Valaigapunu sonadhukey vekka patta yepadinga? Adhuku munadi neraya steps iruku", Meena teased further.

"Meena chumma irunga konjam. Ipadiya soluvenga", Mullai whined.

"Ivala nambadhenga Meena. Kathiryum ivalum  orey oorula velai pathu irukanga. Maasakanaka ooru suthi irukanga . Enna elam nadandhudho ", Viji added dramatically.

"Podhum enna otinadhu. Nenga kelambunga Meena. Ipo matum Unga tiredness kanama poidum", Mullai said in a complaining tone though she was blushing on the inside.

"Seri en kolundhanar avadhu Indha vishayathula vevaramanu therinjuka than. Unda vetkathilayey badhil therinjuduchu. Jeeva matum than waste pola. ", she sighed heavily.

Seeing the look of mullai " seri seri Idhuku mela onum solala. Naan kelambarean. Nalaiku paakalam "

*
Little later , Mullai found a chance to leave the room when no one was around. She went out looking for Kathir when she saw Jeeva there.

"Mana", she called out.

" Sollu pa", Jeeva smiled feeling glad she voluntarily initiated a conversation with him for the first time after their separation.

"Meena inaiku Romba neram ninutanga. Nalaiku manamedayil Athai pakathula ivangalukum oru chair potudunga. Ungala pathadhum nyabagam vandhuchu "

Jeeva felt content seeing the concern she had for Meena without an ounce of hatred. No wonder Meena changed her attitude towards Mullai too. Mullai's unconditional love could melt anyones heart.

" Nee Meena kaga pesaradhu pakka Romba sandhosama iruku pa"

"Idhula Enna mama iruku? "

"Nenga rendum perum yepadi irupengalonu kavalai irunduchu pa. Aana Pazhasa edhuvum manasula vechukalam Nenga rendu peru ipadi irukaradha pakka niraiva iruku."

"Ada adhai elam Ipo Edhuku pesitu. Avanga mela oru thapum ilayey, aparam naan en pesama iruka porean ? "

"Seri than pa. Panna thapu elam naan than"
When mullai tried to interrupt , he continued "nee enna sonalum naan unaku panadhu Romba periya thapu than. Unaku oru nala vazhkai amaiyanumnu nenachutey irupean. Kathir mathiri oru nala payana Nee kalyanam panradha nenachu , enaku Ipo endha kavalai yum bayamum illa. Avan unna avalavu neasikarean. Nenga rendu perum inaiku mathiri enaikum sandhosama irunga"

She smiled blushing hearing Jeeva speak about Kathir's love towards her. Though she had no doubt in his love, hearing it from others stirred a strange happiness in her stomach.

Jana who came looking for Meena , noticed them talking and seeing a shy Mullai his anger peaked in an instant without giving much thought to it.

"Eiii Inga ninnu mapillai kita Enna pesitu iruka? , he spat

"Mama! Enna pesarenga", a very irritated Jeeva added in a slightly high pitch.

"Pinna, nalaiku Unga thambi oda kalyanatha vechukitu unga kitta ninnu pesina nalava iruku? , He said and turned to look out for Meena.

Before Jeeva could respond, he was stopped by Mullai's voice

"Yen? Pesina Enna thapu?"

Jana turned his face to look back at her. Long gone was the digusted expression and in its place sat a bewildered one

"Apadi pesanumna en ponnu irukarapo pesu. Adhu enna thaniya pesaradhu? Nalu peru patha Enna nenaipanga?

"Naan jeeva mama kuda pesarenu nenaipanga", she replied and Jana did not fail to notice the sarcastic tone of hers.

"Ennayey edhirthu pesariya?", he questioned with incredulity

A humorless chuckle erupted from her lips.

"Nenga en charactera asinga padutina, pathutu azhutu pora ponnu naan illa", she fired angrily at his stupid face. She was so mad hearing those words from him, that she wanted to kick his teeth but held her composure. After all he was father of Meena and much elder to her.

"Jeeva oda thambi oda unaku kalyanam aga pogudhu. Nyabagam irukatum"

"Adhu elam nala gyabagam iruku. Ipo naan pesitu irukaradhu en athai payan, naan katika porarvaroda anna. Avalavu than. "

"Unga rendu peru kula ivalavu aagiyum Vekkamey  ilama pesara ? Andha ketta nakala Vera badhil solra ?"

Her hands were tingly and wanted to smack some wit into his regressive brain.

She cut him off "Naan en mama kita pesarean. Adhuku naan en vekka padanum?"

She scoffed and then crossed her arms around her chest.

"Annana kalyanam panna, ipo thambiya. Indha kudumbathil irundhu Nee poiduvanu paatha, Nee pora mathiri theriyala. Seri odungiyavadhu irupenu patha, adhuvum illa. Thapu panromnu kutra unarchi kuda ilama.."

"Mama.Pathu pesunga." Jeeva lost his cool

She cut him off too
"Unga ponnu Jeeva mamakum enakum kalyanam ayiduchunu therinjum, avara virumbinangaley. Adhu thappu ilaya? Illa kalyanam panna ivara than kalyanam panuvenu otha kaala ninangalaey. Adhu thappu ilaya?"

He seemed hurt by her remark

"Unga ponnu yepadi oru thapum panalayo, andhey mathiri than nanum oru thapum panala "

Turning towards jeeva

"Sorry mama. Meena va thappa solalanumnu idha naan solala."

"Kathir patha Enna nenaiparu? ", Jana added reluctantly.

"Inga parunga. Jeeva mama Kathir oda anna. Avalavu than Enaku.
Naan yepadi yosikarenu Kathir ku nala theriyum. Ungala mathiri kevalama yosika elam avaruku theriyadhu. "

Kathir who had walked out of his room hearing some noise, listened to the whole conversation. He noticed Jeeva standing there not even knowing how to react. He just stood there dumbfounded, looking at Mullai in astonishment.

Kathir on other hand was at loss for words seeing fierce Mullai giving it back to Janarthanam. Kathir's heart beat spiked, hearing her speak about him with so much sincerity. The way she stood up for herself and him kindled inexplicable emotions within him.
A lone tear slid down his cheeks in happiness.

" Aparam inonu, Neenga idha pathi inametu pesina nala irukadhu. Pathukonga . Naan varean "

*

Later that night, Mullai was laying in the bride's room along with her mother, while her father was laying down in pai. Her parents had drifted off to sleep as soon as they hit the sack. Mullai was tired but was not able to sleep. The excitement of the wedding and the nervousness of it all going well without any hindrance , kept her awake.

Kathir on other hand, lay on the bed of groom's room, a pair of earphones plugged into his ears listening to 80's illayara songs. His body was present there, but his mind was on her. His lips curled into a smile when his head suddenly played memories with her, starting from how he hated her coming to the shop, to how they became friends once she got married to Jeeva, to days when he had missed her. Up until yesterday, when they met alone in her terrace. He loved how expressive and romantic she was, he liked her that way, he would never get bored of her.

He was listening to songs and waiting for her phone call. When he got none for next half hour, he decided to call her and maybe cut in one ring just in case she had slept.

"Kathiru..Thungalaya neeyum?", her sweet angelic voice greeted him.

"Illa. Nee phone panuvanu wait panitu irundhean. Thenamum pesitu thana thunguvom?", he asked

"Inaikuma?", she said, and he could tell from her voice that she was happy and blushing too.

"Pakathula yarum ilaya?", she asked

"Kannan matum than irukan. Anne, anni elam amma kuda veetuku poitu kalayil vareanu solitanga"

"hmm inga amma appa thungitu irukanga", she said with a low voice.

"Un room la cupboard iruku la. Adha thorandhu paaru", he said, and he could hear she had started to move from her bed already. She opened the shelf and found packets of kadalai mittai.

"Idhu inga eppo vecha?"

"Mandapathil irundhu enna velila anupa matenu solitanga. Adhan soan papadi vanga mudiyala. Kanna'na idhai kadaiyil irundhu eduthu vara sonean"

"haha vevaram than. Enamo kadhal parisu irukumnu patha, kadalai mittai iruku", she giggled while biting into it happily.

"Adhu seri", he laughed along with her.

"Waste Kathiru nee. Naan apadi sonadhum 'naney unaku periya parisu than. Vera enna parisu venumnu' dialogue adipenu patha..ipadi makka irukiyey", she sat comfortably on the ground with her back on the wall, while munching on to the sweet.

"Apadiya?", he asked seductively that made Mullai blush instantly.

"Kathiru...", she whined.

He let out a hearty laugh hearing her flustered voice "seri poi thungu. Nalaiku kalaiyil mana medayil pakalam. Nala thungina than, azhaga kelambi vandhu en pakathula okara mudiyum. Seriya? Good night "

Before he was about to cut the call, Mullai's low husky voice stopped him "Kathiru"

"hmm sollu", he asked getting flustered.

"Umahhh 😘" , she kissed right into the phone and cut the call before he could comprehend what was happening. His first phone kiss! He felt like a teenager all over again and he played with his beard to cover his blush. Ohhh he is sure he would have many more such surprises in his life with Mullai.

Mullai, sneaked back to her bed. She bit her lower lips, remembering how she would be sharing a bed with him same time tomorrow. A cute blush made way on her face. She was sure before the wedding ended, her cheeks would hold a permanent tint of red shade on her. She smiled remembering their conversation again and drifted off to catch up on atleast few hours of sleep.

December 12, 2021

Standing in front of the huge mirror, she stared at her reflection. She was decked up with traditional jewelry and a little heavy make up than usual and a red lips adoring her. She knew she never looked more beautiful . It was probably the glow of being in love or happiness of getting married to Kathir.

In a few hours, she would be Kathirs wife and her stomach turned inside in mere thought of it. She has been having these butterflies from morning and couldn't eat her breakfast too.

"Inum 10 nimishathula medaiku kuptuduvanga. Readya Mull...", Parvathy entered the room in full hurry, but stopped as as soon as she saw her.

She put hand on her mouth and stared at her with unshed tears in her eyes.

"Avalavu azhaga iruka Mulla". Her eyes filled up at on own accord thinking, how her daughter would leave to another house in few hours. Mullai who was holding up until now bursted into tears as well.

"Shh ipo azhatha Mulla. Aparam kann mai elam kalaiya pogudhu. "

She turned towards Meena who was sitting on the bed "Meena, ponna kuptadhum Mullaya kupttu vandudiriya ma?", she said, wiping her tears and walked out of the room in hurry.

As Parvathy walked out, Sakthi entered

"Sakthi...vanga vanga. Enga varama poiduvengalonu nenachean", Mullai welcomed him with a warm smile

"Adhu yepadi miss panuvean? I have a main role in your love story. There is no way I'll miss seeing the happy ending ", he smiled widely.

"Idhu Enna kadhai ?", Meena asked curiously

"Oh porumaiya kelunga Enna pathi ", Sakthi replied

"Seri Mulla. Naan kalyanathuku munadi oru hi solla than vandhean. Aparama porumaiya pesalam", he said.

As he walked out
"Inoru vishayam. Unga aalu pattu vesti satayil looking dapper. U both will make a great pair. Advance congrats ", leaving a huge smile on Mullai's face .

Meanwhile, after all the rituals Kathir was made to sit on the mandap. Pandit was chanting mantras, soon the bride was to be called. He was anxiously waiting for her to be called .

Meena had left the door open, so they could hear the buzzle outside

"Ponna azhachutu vara solunga", the priest voice bombarded through the mandapam.

"vanga Mulla", Meena said with a big smile. Mullai began to walk with Meena next to her and she could feel her lips shake when she was trying to smile because her heart was beating through her chest.

She could see everyone in the room looking at her with a smile. She quickly peeked at Kathir sitting on the mandapam. His hair was freshly combed, his forehead adored kumkumam and Sandhanam and he looked handsome as hell. She could feel his strong stares from those hazel eyes looking at her without blinking and it made her heart pound faster against her chest. She put her head down blushing hardly feeling his gaze on her.

As she sat next to him, she noticed his lips curve into a smile. She was looking like the most beautiful bride he had ever seen, and he was so lost in her.

A coy smile reached her lips as they turned their attention back to the priest. The wedding mantras started but Mullai couldn't pay attention as she was nervous for unknown reasons.

She felt Kathir hand tap on her assuringly "edhuku bayapadara? Naan pakathula than irukean"

She nodded her head and passed a weak smile at him.

After all the mantras were chanted, priest handed over the thali to Kathir "Indhanga mapillai. Thaliya pudingo"

And turned towards the audience and announced "Getti melam! Getti melam!"

A smile appeared on both their faces and Mullai let out a breath and she couldn't hold a smile and a tear finally fell from her eyes.

He leaned closer tying the knot with a permanent smile etched on his face as showers of blessings were bestowed upon them .

Kanna leaped in wishing " Congrats anni. Congrats anna! ", While Meena shook her hands with Mullai

Mullai saw her parents wiping the tears, while her friends down the aisle clapping and cheering making the room filled with joy and happiness.

Kathir later placed kungumam on partition of her head bonding them as husband and wife. Another tear fell off her eyes showing her content .

His eyes were looking straight at her until his lips turned into a smile. He leaned closer to her, gently sliding his hand into her, intertwining their fingers. His hot breath was on her cheek and she could feel his voice was getting low. His body was too close to her, as she kept staring into his brown eyes.

"Enna pondatti? Ipo bayam pocha?" , Kathir commented and it made her laugh out loud.

"Oiii Purusha. Enna kalyanam pannadhuku Nee than bayapadanum. Enaku Enna bayam?" she replied looking deep into those beautiful eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 6.2K 28
Sithara Raghuvaran, a 21 year old girl who is broken, scared and struggling hard to get used to the new world which looks straight opposite to the wo...
102K 9K 59
This fan fiction originates from a series of Pandian stores based on the Kathir and Mullai characters..
170K 18.6K 80
Let's look into the Journey of Sanjana and Varun ! Ashwin as Varun Sivaangi as Sanjana He was the book that everyone ignored and found less interes...