Marudhani

Kannan having no choice, went and stood near the wall between the living room and kitchen entrance to watch for people, as Mullai walked towards Kathir's room. As soon as she knocked his door, she thought maybe it was a wrong idea. Her mind was painting all different scenarios that could go wrong. She was about to abort the plan and turn when the door opened and Kathir appeared before her.

Kathir had a mixture of shocked and surprised expression on his face. He just stared at Mullai dumbly and his mouth was open.

Mullai on other hand was looking at Kathir contemplating what to do next.

"Mulla?? Inga enna panra?", he asked nervously raising his eyebrows

She was little surprised that he didn't know. She assumed his mother would have kept him in loop about the function.

"On..um...illa. naan varean", she said and turned to leave when he gripped her wrist and tugged her into the room. He closed the door, once they were inside.

"Kathiru..enna panra?", she whispered afraid to say anything or move

"Nee paatuku veetuku vandhu iruka? Yaravadhu paatha enna agaradhu?", he asked worriedly.

"Inaiku pandha kaal function ku engalayum athai vara sonanga. Adhan vandhean"

"oh!", he replied

"Kannana 5 nimisham kaval vechutu than un room ku vandhean", she added

"Avanukey 4 aal kaval venum. Avan namaku kavala?", Kathir chuckled.

"Romba ootadha avana. Pavam. Un kita pesa avan help panna, avanaiyey kindal panra", she shrugged.

"Seri sollu apo", Kathir said shaking his head on how his little brother always got more support than him from Mullai.

"Enna solanum? Onum illa. Naan porean", she said and tried walking away.

He pulled her by the wrist again. "Onum ilamaya, ivala kasta paatu enna pakka vandha?", he smirked and stepped towards her.

After her birthday night, he couldn't keep her away from his thoughts. He had played their time together 1000 times in his head already. Seeing her in his room clearly implied she was in no better state than him.

"Edho solla vandhu, dhayiriyam illama thirumba pora pola?", he asked with a wicked smile and took another step forward. She took a step back but her back hit the wall instead.

"Enaku enna bayam? Adhu elam onum illa", she replied with her head high.

"Apo unmaiya sollu. En kita pesa vandhiya? Ila edhavadhu kuduka vandhiya?", he whispered his face inching closer to hers.

Her eyes turned into size of a saucer, looking at him keenly. He looked like he had just taken a shower, his hair wet sticking to his forehead and him wearing a black vest made him look irresistible. Her hands involuntarily held on to the shelf next to her, as she was scared her legs could give away any minute. Slowly the atmosphere of the room changed and Mullai found it too hot to handle and started sweating profoundly.

Kathir was noticing every action of her. It reminded him of the dreadful day of her birthday in the very same room years back. Though having her within his arms, all he could do was hold on to the very same shelf.

Extending his hand, he reached to her waist to untuck the saree pallu. As soon as his fingers touched her barely visible skin of her waist, she gasped.

"Yaravadhu vanduda poranga Kathiru", she said hyperventilating.

Kathir on the other hand was amused to see her reaction. He used the end of pallu to wipe her sweat. After doing it, he stepped closer to her and tucked the end of pallu inside her underskirt. His eyes lingered on her blushing face while his fingers grazed on her smooth skin.