Legacy (Book 5)

By mariaellez

The 5th book of the Daughter of The Game series is here. 'Legacy' follows the family as they navigate life. M... More

Hell on Wheels
By Your Side
Bully
Tough Love
Just Friends
Unhappy Camper
Surprise Visit
A Mother Always Knows
Imperfect Timing
Rocky Road
Smooth Sailing
Girl Fight
Rage
Do You Get Dรฉjร  vu
Tit for Tat
No Way
Crossing the Line
Work It Out
Heavy
Tightrope
Curveball
Baby Girl
About Damn Time
Unravel
Over the Limit
Never Easy
Ante Up
Talk It Out
Whirlwind
Lost It
Rift
Find a Solution
New Normal
Step Up
Move Along
Hesitation
Line of Fire
Plotting
Deceit
Here Comes The Pain
Scorned
Life Changing
Tough Adjustment
Truth Hurts
Familiar Faces
Check It
Train Wreck
Skeletons
One Last Rodeo
Road Block
Brotherly Love
Dead End
Battlefield
Blow Over
Snap Back
Sister, Sister
Starting Something
Tough Recovery
Call Home
Long Road Ahead
Rebuilding
Inferno
Correction
Only Love Could Hurt Like This
Moody
Baby Sister
Envious
Terminated
Birthday Boy
Birthday Brawl
It Takes a Village
Finish Line
Endless Love
Book 6 | All Grown Up

Changes

479 15 12
By mariaellez

|Zach's POV|

The season has officially ended. We didn't get to the playoffs, but we made it to the conference championships. My contract negotiations are still in the works. I would love to stay in Kansas City, but who knows. I worked my ass off post-suspension and have been doing everything I can to get better.

My friends from college wanted to go out and celebrate the season, but I've had to distance myself from them. Kylie wasn't too keen on us celebrating anyways. They know my situation and they have no choice, but to respect how I'm moving from here on out. I can't fuck up like that again. I almost lost sponsorships, but thankfully my team was able to flip the script and use the situation to my advantage. Between community service that I was required to do, I wanted to give back to not just Kansas City, but also to my home state of Florida. That's where my focus is and Kylie has been a huge help in setting all that up and keeping the foundation and activities going now this past year.

I'm getting back to my roots, my guys from Florida. The ones I grew up with. We've all been on separate paths, but when we get the time to be all together, it's like we never separated. Bash has been planning my Bachelor trip. Kylie tried to keep Rory from planning hers since she's pregnant, but she lost that fight. She's the Co-maid of honor with Kylie's sister. They told Kylie the bachelorette party is happening and there's not much she knows about it. I told her to enjoy this moment, but my fiancée is a bit of a control freak.

By the time we get married we will have been engaged for two years. I don't want to get married during the season. I'm also in no rush planning anything and thankfully neither is Kylie. So next Spring, we'll be getting married in Florida. Plus, by then I'll know if I'm still in Kansas City or traded elsewhere.

We've been in New York helping Rory and Bash move. Bash is officially home for the remainder of her pregnancy. She's 24 weeks now. My best friend, my big brother, is going to be a father. The father of my niece and nephew at that. He and Rory have been working hard at finishing before the twins come. She's due this summer, but I'm sure she'll be dropping her twins sometime in late May or June. She's huge and I mean that in a good way. Don't tell her I said that though. Bash is happy we're in town because apparently Rory doesn't want to do anything but try and lift furniture so she needs a babysitter when he's not around. Speaking of...

"Rory, what are you doing?" I questioned, rushing over and taking the box out of her hand.

She sighed.

"I was fine carrying that by myself," she whined.

"You know you're not supposed to be doing any lifting."

"What is she trying to lift now?" I heard from behind me.

Rory rolled her eyes seeing Bash.

"Nothing," she stated.

"Aurora, you're 6 months pregnant. You don't need to be lifting anything. Between the moving guys and our family, we're good."

"But you need help..."

He shook his head.

"You can help me by sitting down and staying out of the way. You said coming to the house you'd..."

"I'm bored! I've washed and folded all the baby stuff so far. I'm tired of designing. I want to unpack our house. Why can't I do that?"

"Rory, calm down. You can still unpack. Or you and Kylie can go to the spa, my treat," I stated.

"Or shopping, your treat," Kylie commented, coming down the stairs.

"How about both," Rory asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"You really walked into that one," Bash said, laughing.

I gave him a look.

"Fine, my treat. Spa, shopping, whatever. Just go have fun and relax. Don't break my bank."

She squealed.

"Aw, thanks Zachy. You're the best," she said, kissing my cheek.

"Yeah, yeah, what are big brothers for."

"Other than getting on my nerves?"

I went to grab her, but she stepped back.

"Come on Rory, I have the card."

"Keys are on the hook. Take the Range," Bash added.

Kylie nodded, coming and giving me a kiss. Bash walked them out, helping Rory into the car.

"Thanks for getting her out the house," he said, closing the door upon reentering.

"That bad?" I chuckled.

"Look, I get it. She has cabin fever. You guys are here the next couple of weeks, then both Leo and Vaughn are coming. She's trying to get prepped for them. I told her she's over-thinking."

I nodded in understanding.

"Rory likes things to be perfect. But wait, Leo and Vaughn are coming here?"

"It was just Leo, but Vaughn has been asking and your parents agreed. They're coming. I have a week of traveling and wrapping things up on this project and final signings. I'm officially done overseas, but the work continues here. So, hopefully everyone will be able to keep her preoccupied. I've tried everything I can think of. I just want to get us settled and that'll be one less thing I have to worry about."

"Are you still planning on keeping the apartment?"

"We actually are. Murphy asked if she could stay instead of on campus. We didn't want to break the lease anyway. We barely took any furniture from the apartment. So, she's more than welcome."

"You really are a part of this family man. I can reimburse..."

He looked at me like I was stupid.

"I'm not taking your money. Your dad tried the same thing. I take care of my people and you all are my people. You don't have to pay me back for anything. Would you take my money for Rory's shopping spree?"

"Hell no. For one, that's my little sister and two, it's like a gift."

"Well, think of Murphy staying in the apartment as a gift. I'd rather her stay there than for it to be empty."

"Alright, fair enough," I stated.

"The movers should be here with the rest of the new furniture in about an hour. In the meantime, I just need your help getting the rest of Vaughn's studio setup. That's another thing that's been stressing her out is having everything packed up. I got her some new machines so hopefully she likes it."

"Whatever you need, I'm here to help."

We went and finished setting up her office. Bash really went all out. Her studio was amazing. She wouldn't have to leave and Bash had an elevator put in once he found out she was pregnant so she wouldn't have to go up and down stairs.

"I still can't believe you have an elevator in this house."

"This is our forever home so I wanted it to be as comfortable as possible. Plus, she'll actually be able to work and I set up a spot for her to bring the babies down."

"I see."

"Wasn't hard to restructure at all."

"Well, this is what you do. Just know you're getting a call when we want to build our house."

He laughed.

"Can't wait. Any more info on whether you're staying in Kansas City or not?"

"So far it looks like I'm staying. Still negotiating my next contract. Haven't heard anything yet. They're not putting the tag on me, it's either I stay with what I'm asking for, or I go."

"If you were to leave, where would you be headed?"

"Dallas has interest, Tampa, and Seattle."

"Are you interested in any of those?" he quizzed.

"Not really, but it's not up to me. I go where I'm wanted and play my ass off. That's it. Whatever the outcome, I'll make the best of it."

He nodded.

"You and Kylie decide where you want to settle down yet?"

"We've really been considering Florida. My parents are talking about moving down there. Vaughn is currently down there. It's a happy medium between here and Texas. So would that be the off-season and possibly retirement location, more and likely. I want to still be close to my sisters so that when Kylie and I start a family, it's nothing but a quick flight to visit. That's down the line. We're just enjoying taking our time planning this wedding and working on our business ventures. No rush."

"If that's what y'all want, I have some real estate friends I can set you up with or we can find some land. Just let me know," he commented.

The next few hours went by and we got all the furniture in. Just as we finished up, the girls came back in.

"Oh my couch is here!" Rory said, going and taking a seat.

Kylie gave me a kiss before stepping back.

"You're all sweaty," she said, making a face.

"We were moving stuff."

"Ugh, go shower."

"Yeah, plus I made us dinner reservations for a couple hours from now," Rory added.

I shook my head at them and went and changed. Going back downstairs, it was quiet. I laid on the couch and closed my eyes. I then felt a weight on me.

"Zachy... wake up."

Opening my eyes I saw Kylie. She had changed and looked as good as ever.

"Don't y'all fuck on my new couch," Bash said, walking by and going upstairs.

Kylie put her head on my shoulder and I laughed.

"We'll try not to!" I yelled out.

"Do it and I'll kick your ass!" he yelled back.

Kylie shifted from my lap to next to me.

"Have fun shopping?"

"We did. The spa was amazing. We both got massages. That's all Ro wanted. We scheduled another spa day for next week before we leave."

I nodded.

"Glad you enjoyed yourself."

"Oh, I also got a call, you got the building for the recreation center in Orlando."

"Really?!"

"Yup. I told them we're traveling, but we can go there and you can see your mom and Rob. Cool with you? I haven't booked anything yet, but changing flights won't be a problem."

"Sounds like a plan. How did you take over managing my itinerary and making business deals for me?"

She shrugged.

"It just happened once I started helping you with your community service. One thing led to another and I'm making things happen."

I leaned over, kissing her.

"I appreciate all that you do. Thank you."

"You're welcome, babe," she relied.

I heard footsteps. It was Rory.

"What are you guys up to? Bash told me to make sure you weren't fucking on our couch," she stated, sitting down.

I shook my head.

"Nah, we're good."

"Mmm."

She had a look of discomfort on her face.

"You okay?"

"Your niece and nephew are just in an uncomfortable position right now," she commented.

"Want me to make you some tea or get you some water?" Kylie asked.

She shook her head.

"Tea would actually be good. I'll get up and..."

Kylie stood before she could.

"I got it, Ro. Relax."

Bash came in a few minutes later and sat next to her.

"What's wrong?"

"They're by my ribs," she strained out.

He sighed, taking a seat next to her. I watched as he rubbed her belly and whispered to her stomach. The pain on her face started to fade away. She sighed in relief as Kylie came in, handing her the tea.

"Thank you."

Seeing how Bash was with my sister and knowing all he's been through, I couldn't be happier for him. He's always talked about being a dad and having a family. Everything he said he'd do, he's doing. He was lucky to have my sister, but she was lucky to have him, too.

——————
Author's Note—-

Happy to see Zach back in the mix? Will any drama happen the remainder of his & Kylies trip in New York?

Murphy getting Bash and Rory's apartment with no pushback from Paul or Stephanie?

Ready to see Bash & Rory as parents?

Likes and comments appreciate!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

979K 16.9K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
303K 12.5K 60
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
22K 1K 7
(ไบบโ—•โ€ฟโ—•) ๐•‚๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•‹๐•’๐•–๐•™๐•ช๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•˜, ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ค๐•ก๐•–๐•”๐•ฅ๐•—๐•ฆ๐• ๐•“๐•ฆ๐•ฅ ๐••๐•š๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ, ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•ค ๐•—๐•’๐•๐•๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ž๐•ค ๐• ๐•— ๐•™๐•š๐•ค ๐•ก๐•ฃ...
262K 6.2K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc