Heartstopper

By rubyjanjen

Kim Jisoo is not an ordinary highschool heartthrobs. She smart, pretty, athlete, dork, could be a brat someti... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Epilogue

Chapter eleven

1K 65 2
By rubyjanjen

Jisoo goes to school as usual, but she has an extra bag with her this time. She walked down the hallways, but instead of going to her classroom, she went to the rooftop.

A pleasant breeze greeted her on the rooftop. Up there, there was no one else.

"It's nice and quiet here."  Jisoo said, revealing a smile, without knowing there was a person on the rooftop.

Jennie who is suffocating from a class, she asked her teacher if she could go to the restroom without much consideration, but instead she went to the rooftop which is her favorite spot. Taking out a strawberry gum, jennie pop it inside her mouth and chewing on it as she exhale. She did feel relax every time she came here, but that's when she heard a foot steps coming closer. Afraid that she might caught by one of her teacher, jennie quickly ran to hide herself.

Jisoo approaches the bench. From the bag she brought with her, she takes out a pillow and a blanket. She places the pillow on the bench and covers herself with the blanket. The view in front of her was breathtaking. She slowly dozed off after marveling at the view for a bit. 

Jennie pop her head out to peek to see who is the person and saw Jisoo laying comfortably on the bench. A smitten smile appear on her face when Jisoo curl into a ball and the blanket fall of her body.

" How could someone sleeping so comfortable on the bench like this???"

Jennie mumbled with a smile and was about to walk to a brunette but then she heard a footsteps coming from a stairway, Jennie hid once again as Soojoo opened the door to the rooftop.

When Soojoo opened the door, she discovered Jisoo sleeping on the bench. She got closer and closer till she could clearly see Jisoo's face. With a tiny smile, she reached out her hand and caressed jisoo cheeks. 

She then picked up the blanket that had fallen to the floor. Soojoo touches Jisoo's hair before silently leaving after covering her with the blanket.

Jennie, the person hiding, saw everything from the moment Soojoo came up to the rooftop. She walks up to Jisoo and marvels at the sleeping person in front of her. She couldn't stop thinking about Soojoo interactions with jisoo after witnessing them.

" Isn't they break up already? " Jennie thought.

But then again, Jisoo was merely a friend to her, and she's confident Jisoo sees her the same way. 

"Right, a friend, nothing more... But I wonder if only I could... "  Jennie muttered.

Jennie sat down beside the bench Jisoo was sleeping on, staring at the view in front of her. She gradually stood up after clearing her mind, and looked at Jisoo one final time before leaving the rooftop. Jisoo, who had pretended to slept through the whole thing, slowly open her eyes.

" I'm in trouble..." she gulped.

—————

When Jennie was walking back into her class, She felt something bump into her. It's probably another girl attempting to bully her as she didn't heard any apology from them. Especially that girl named Joy . She's been a huge pain in the ass.

Jennie was irritated as she tried to figure out who it was. Over and over but then she heard a familiar voice apologize. Shitt It's Jisoo.

As realization stroked her, she felt her face getting hotter and hotter by every second. She thought back to the time she was on the rooftop and.. Jisoo soft hair, and those cherry pink lips... she wonder how it'd feel if she.... no, snap out of it, Kim Jennie !!!!

She quickly used her hand to cover her now blushing face as she felt Jisoo's stares. She was confused and sweating at that point. People could say her face looked redder than a tomato.

As seconds passed, Jennie couldn't take it anymore and decided to push jisoo away. She ran towards the bathroom to calm herself down and spashed some cold water on her face.

"Get yourself together, jennie. You have a fucking boyfriend damnit." She said to herself as she stared at herself in the mirror.

—————

Jisoo felt strained by her interaction with Jennie, she had no idea why she stared at Jennie for so long. Her face was redder than normal, though.

"Was she sick? Did she have a fever?" Jisoo pondered her thoughts.

The day proceeded on as usual, her lessons were dull, and she spent her free time with Lisa and Dahyun, though she still feel guilty for what she did to seulgi.

Jisoo tried to apologize a few times but seulgi just beat her off by saying it first. Saying that what she said is out of boundaries. Actually Jisoo never expected herself to be explode over a sweet person like seulgi like this, but Jennie name is just a sensitive topic for her whenever people talking about her and Soojoo break up.

Shaking her head, not wanting to think about a cheerleader girl again, Jisoo process to walk to find Jennie who has been avoiding her all day today.

Before returning home, jisoo decided to take one last walk around the school. Because there are clubs and students who wish to study in the school library, school doesn't close until a few hours later, so pupils will have a few hours of free time after school ends to study or attend club events. While walking around the massive school, Jisoo came upon the school library.

She had never been to a library before, and her curiosity had gotten the best of her, so she decided to go check it out.

Jisoo has always enjoyed reading, from action to mystery to romance novels, and would frequently rent or borrow books to read on the rooftop, at least in the past. She entered the library, which was large and luxurious, exactly as one would expect from a noble school. The library was overflowing with knowledge, with tons of bookshelves all filled to the brim with books, and stacks of books on a long table off to the side of the room. Many people had already left the library, so there weren't many people there.

Jisoo instantly recognized a familiar woman reading a book. She drew nearer and nearer till she realized who it was.

So here you are.... Where have you been the whole day?

As she tapped that person on the shoulder, Jisoo peeked over that persons shoulder. She rested her chin on the stunned woman's shoulder and began reading the book that was holding.

" I had no idea you were interested in history"

Jennie was sitting still, she afraid that if she move, Jisoo cheek will touch hers. Feeling her whole heart beating like she ran whole marathon.

Jisoo face was directly next to her, and she didn't notice that Jennie who was next to her blushing with embarrassment because she was too engrossed in the book.

" I-Ive developed an interest in history. " Jennie replied quietly.

" and Why are you avoiding me today??" Jisoo ask as she took a sit next to her and lean her head over her open palm.

" I am not. Just busy" Jennie lied.

" We literally bumped into each other and you just ran off."

" Now tell me, is something bothering you??"

Jennie just shake her head and Jisoo sighs.

" I have something to tell you" Jisoo fixed her posture, looking nervous.

" Yes(?)" Jennie tilted her head.

" You know that we will have a match with SM right???" Jisoo trail off.

" Yes!! I know. The match that you desperately want to play" Jennie smile.

" It will happen in 2 days and tomorrow is our last training. You said you wanted to see me practice. So I was wondering if you want to come and see us train tomorrow??" Jisoo said shyly.

" Yeah suree!!!" Jennie nods.

" Really??" Jisoo widen her eyes in exciting.

" Whats with that expression??? It's like you won a lottery" Jennie push jisoo's shoulder.

" I am just happy." Jisoo grins.

" Really? Just because I'm going?"

" Ummm. I'm happy that you are in every moment of my journey now" Jisoo just causally said.

Jennie was blushing mess again today, with a flustered face, jennie quickly gather her book and run outside the library leaving Jisoo sitting there dumbfounded.

——————

The day after finally come and Jennie squealing as she couldn't wait to see Jisoo plays... wait.. no she couldn't wait to see her boyfriend plays as well.

" Let's go guys" Jennie calls her friend.

" What? You look so excited today" Nayeon murmur.

" It's a nice day today yeon. So stop frowning. You will grow more old" Jennie flip her hair.

" She is high today. No one can stop her" Irene shake her head.

" By the way is hanbin going to train today as well??!" Chaeyoung ask.

" Yes he getting better and coach ask him to join" Jennie answers

All of them sighs and walking together toward the courtroom. They was in awe when they saw that the seat almost occupied. It's not even a real game yet people or their fan girls are really going crazy right now.

Walking to find their suitable seat, jennie eyes wander around to find someone and then she saw Jisoo and hanbin standing side by side.

" Yahh!! Look at jisoo's expression!!! She look like she was about to tear someone open" sana slap Momo arm.

" Maybe that because she felt determined to win" chaeyoung said.

" But what's up with those two???" Irene ask.

" Who??" Jennie ask.

" Jisoo and hanbin!! Look like they secretly having a conversation right now" nayeon added.

Jennie felt bothers because Jisoo look so tense and uneasy. The whistle blow out and they started with Jisoo leading by running at the full pace, pass the ball to Lisa. A tall girl quickly dodge and passing it to seulgi who finish it with a clean shot.

Jennie saw hanbin curse under his breathe because he played as the other team now.

The game continues with hanbin dribble the ball and Jisoo trying to steal it. Hanbin seems to talk about something to Jisoo and that's when a frowned over take Jennie face when she saw jisoo dashing off and punch hanbin in the face.

" Oh My God!!!" Jennie cover her mouth shocked when people trying to stop them from fighting.

Hanbin bruise didn't completely heal yet, and now he take another blow from a brunette girl. Jisoo swung her hand to meet with hanbin jaw, causing him to cough blood. He laying there helplessly.

" GET OFF ME" Jisoo shout.

" Stop it Jisoo" seulgi held jisoo's body tight.

" Stop it. He doesn't deserve it."

She whisper to calm Jisoo down but a brunette rage did not died down and lash out to straddled him and grab his jersey collar, punching him more.

" You smile??? You dare to smile, you fucking bastard"

Jisoo saw hanbin lip curl into a smirk and her lip tremble from madness and was about to finish hanbin with one last blow when she felt an arm pulling her away. She turn around to look at Jennie brimming tears, kneeing down to cupped hanbin bleeding face. Jisoo felt her heart sunk when she saw Jennie eyes look at her as if she was some kind of monster.

With a heavy breathe, Jisoo getting up and remove her jersey shirt away.

" Yah Kim Jisoo" Coach Park yelled.

" Do you wish to drop out from a team Huh?? You don't want to play a basketball anymore??" He walk to face to face with Jisoo.

" It's either me or that bastard coach" Jisoo said with her poker face and pointing to hanbin who is still in Jennie's arm.

" Yahh you punk!! Couldn't you control your anger for a bit??? The match is just tomorrow. You are not like this before Jisoo ahh. You are very good at control your emotions. But why??? Why today??" Mr. park said frustrated.

" I'm sorry coach, thank you so much for always have faith in me. I was able to fight until today just because of you. I will not trouble you anymore" Jisoo bow.

" I will quit"

Jisoo finally said and give Jennie one last look before walking out of the courtroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 201 11
This story takes place in the 1980s, when a medical student named Kim Jisoo suddenly moved from Seoul back to her hometown with her sister, whom she...
34.3K 2.4K 36
Inspired by an Indian movie: Jennie is an eye doctor living in South Korea who grew up in Jeju Island. She doesn't want to get married. She doesn't n...
7.3K 701 36
Jisoo is a lost, lonely and insecure girl living in the most beautiful city - Paris. It would seem that this is a beautiful city, and judging by the...
998K 22.5K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...