Behind closed doors

By Spidersoning

Peter's life isn't great, his home life is terrible, and his school days seem to be getting worse. So when h... More

INFO- PLEASE READ
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
SEQUEL COMING SOON

Chapter 23

2.2K 83 76
By Spidersoning

A/N- IWRHFIOWHEFOBADOFVCBADC

*Location- Rouge warehouse*

-Third Person P.O.V-

Bucky watched with a frown as he saw Peter rush out of the room, he would have gone after him, but he could tell how serious Peter was and the fact there was no way he would be able to keep up with him.

"What was all that about?" Sam asked, glancing mainly at Bucky as he was the one who knew Peter the most.

Instead of responding, Bucky stood and walked away moving towards the backdoor where he always went when he needed to think. No one followed him, as though they could sense the inner turmoil that was working its way through Bucky.

With a deep sigh, he settled against the wall and looked out across the dark alley. Something was wrong, and Bucky knew there was, but he just couldn't help but think about whatever it was that was going on.

This wasn't right.

Bucky thought back to the first time they met. Peter was being beat up, and Bucky had been able to stop him. The bruises on him had been bad, but it was obvious some of them weren't new, some as old as a week, but Bucky had just chalked it up to being from bullies, from by the looks of it they were more than capable of being able to hurt Peter that much.

But then there was the flinching.

Whenever Bucky would touch him, or go anywhere near him, Peter would either flinch, or stiffen as though he was readying himself to be hit. At first, Bucky had thought it was just him, after all, as much as he hated it, he was The Winter Soldier, and anyone would probably be scared and on edge of him doing something to him. Although the thought of ever doing something that could hurt Peter made his stomach curl and a sick feeling enter his entire body.

But even after Peter was comfortable around Bucky, Peter could still see the worry shine in his eyes and how he seemed as though he was holding back flinches when around new people. It could just be from the fear of new people, but it really, really didn't sit right with Bucky.

"God kid, what's happening," Bucky muttered to himself as he thought more back to the first time he meant Peter.

Nowadays, Peter can happily talk to Bucky with not a single stutter or stumble over his words, but when they first met, it seemed as though whatever it was Peter said he was worried Bucky would not like what he said and cause Bucky to lash out on him.

Peter also didn't seem to believe in Bucky helping him, like he didn't deserve Buckys help.

'th-thank you for helping me. But- but why did you. It's just- it's just I know who you are, and well- I think I know what- what happened and I don't understand why you would help- help me.'

Peter had been so hesitant to except any form of help, thinking that there would be something that would happen to him if he did except help. It hurt Bucky to think that Peter didn't think he deserved any kind of help, and if he did, there would be some evil motive behind it.

Bucky shook his head, it could all just be because of the bullying, Bucky knew what Steve was like when he was bullied, and although he wasn't as bad as Peter was, some of the things he did or said were things Steve said when he was being bullied.

"Buck, you good?" Steve questioned as he stepped into the light beside him.

Bucky had heard him coming, but he knew if he didn't he would have definitely jumped at having his best friend appear suddenly.

With a sigh, Bucky shrugged. "I don't know Steve, something just feels wrong," Bucky responded after a moment.

Steve settled beside Bucky, looking out at the moon just like his friend is doing. He himself knew exactly what Bucky meant, having seen the way Peter had acted just now and having seen how Peter had at least acted around people, including himself.

"With Peter?" Steve wondered with a guess.

Bucky nodded and looked down at his hands, one hand metal, the other flesh. Part of him was telling him he was overreacting, but something deep down knew he wasn't. "Yeah I just- I don't know what's going on. But something is wrong with Peter, I just know something is wrong and I don't know what it is, and I don't even know how to help," Bucky exclaimed with a heavy sigh.

Steve remained silent for a moment, mulling over the words that Bucky spoke and everything that had happened with Peter. Steve hadn't seen a lot of the worries Bucky probably has with Peter, but that didn't mean he didn't see the worry Bucky held for him, and why. After all, he always seemed pretty scared around them all and was always bruised and cut up.

A couple things came to his mind, one of the thoughts hitting a little to close to the target and making him shiver at the thought. Because though he didn't know Peter as well as Bucky does, but the thought of Peter having to live through that makes him more than upset and angry.

"Do you- you don't think its-" Steve cut himself off, not wanting to say what he thought.

Bucky squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head. "I really, really hope I'm wrong Steve. But I mean the clues are all there, his aunt May, he barley talks about her, but when he does, it's as though he's holding something back. But I don't- I don't want to jump to conclusion, so we'll just have to wait till tomorrow when we see him and ask him about it."

Steve nodded in agreement and the two of them sat there in silent, neither saying anything as they both worried if they were to talk they would increase not only each other's, but their own fears about what was really going on.

Peter was fine. He had to be.

And they would see him tomorrow.

-

Friday rolled around and Bucky was at his and Peters hideout before the sun had even peaked over the horizon. He hadn't slept the night before, too scared that something terrible was happening and Bucky wasn't there to protect his brother.

Every hour seemed to drag by, and by the fifth Bucky could no longer sit still and was pacing back and forth, listening for any sound of Peter arriving. Steve had before he left if Peter turned up there he would go and get Bucky, but there was also no sign of Steve.

The clock had just struck 3PM when worry started to turn to anger.

"Where the Hell are you Peter?" Bucky mumbled, his fists clenching at his side in worry covered by anger.

Before he could even stop himself, his fist was shouting out and slamming into the wall. The wood splintered and a very Bucky fist shaped hole was in the wall. Bucky knew Peter probably wouldn't be around until later, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right and he should be helping Peter.

"Please be okay kid."

-

Before Bucky knew it, it was Saturday and there was still no sign of Peter. He never left the hideout yesterday, thinking if he left Peter would arrive and need his help, and his brother wouldn't be there when Peter needed him.

But by Saturday he knew something was wrong.

The sun was already setting in the sky with Peter still no where in sight, and Bucky knew he needed to go back to talk to the others. He needed to find Peter, and he needed to find him now. Bucky makes up his mind quickly and snatches up some paper and a pen.

Bucky scribbled down-

'Pete, come to the warehouse if I'm not here, and stay safe.'

And was quick to place it on the table. He spotted his- more like Peters hoodie now- on the sofa and swallowed down his fear. Peter was fine, he had to be fine.

Just before leaving, he hesitated before grabbing the hoodie and taking it with him. Determined to give it back to Peter and give him back that bit of comfort he always found.

-

*Location- Rouge warehouse*

-Third Person P.O.V-

"Shit. Have you still not seen him?" Clint asked when he saw Bucky storm into the warehouse with Peter nowhere in sight.

Bucky didn't dignify Clint with a reply, all he did was glare at him before walking into the centre of the room, catching everyone's attention in the process.

"Peter still isn't here. I don't know where he is but I'm worried about him. If anyone hears anything about him, or Spider-Man, tell me."

Everyone nodded in agreement and Wanda spoke up, "we'll find him Bucky. We will. We all care about him as well, so as soon as we hear anything, we'll all go get him. Screw Ross and the accords, Peter it our friend, and we need to help him."

More nods and words of approval went around the room. Bucky was quick to thank her, grateful for her saying that and everyone taking Peter in so quick. Peter might not think it, but it's so easy to love the kid and think of him as a little brother.

A hand on his shoulder snapped him from his thoughts and he turned to Steve, who was now stood beside him. "We'll find him Buck, and we'll help him," Steve reassured.

Bucky could only hope he was right.

-

*Location- Stark Tower*

-Third Person P.O.V-

Tony glanced down at his phone, frowning at the unread messages that had been sent both today, and yesterday.

Peter had been nowhere to be seen yesterday even though Friday is meant to be lab day and Peter was never one to miss out on lab days.

Tony- Pete where are you
Received 18:09PM Friday

Tony- Kid come on, you're pretty late now
Received 20:21 Friday

Tony- Peter??? Are you okay???
Received 21:42PM

Tony- Are you staying over today?
Received 12:19PM today

Tony- Peter are you okay, I haven't heard anything for a day and I'm getting worried?
Received 12:24PM today

Tony- Peter????
Received 15:06PM today

Peter still hadn't replied and it was worrying Tony more than he would like to admit. As much as he had tried to dismiss it, Pepper, Rhodey and Happy could all tell something was wrong, and after not seeing Peter they had worked it out.

"Tony, man you gotta calm down," Rhodey commented as he saw Tony looking at his phone while having FRIDAY scan for any sign of Peter, or Spider-Man.

Tony shook his head and looked up to his best friend, his features strained in concern. "I can't Rhodes, I can't shake the feeling that somethings off. This isn't like Peter at all," Tony commented as he continued to scour the internet for any sign of him.

"Listen, you have FRIDAY looking for any sign of him. Both Peter and Spider-Man, there isn't much you can do. And I'm sure he's just ill and not on his phone, just give it time," Rhodey responded, he himself having to keep quiet about his actual concerns for the kid.

Tony sighed but put down his phone, deciding he was right.

But he couldn't shake the feeling that something was really wrong. Tony had began to really think about all the times Peter had turned up with bruises and acted more than scared sometimes when he was around them all. Tony didn't want to jump to the conclusion, knowing it was one of the worst outcomes to this all.

Tony had dealt with abuse when he was younger by his father, yes, he wasn't too bad and was only physical a couple of times, but the amount of berating and horrible things he could told by his father was enough for him to hate his father.

But if- the thought of Peter having to go through something like that, from the looks of it being a whole lot worse, worried Tony a Hell of a lot.

He knew there was nothing he could do right now about it though, so instead, he sighed and said, "you're right. But FRIDAY, one sighting of Peter, or Spider-Man tell me, I want to see him."

Tony knew he wouldn't see Peter today, but that didn't stop him from grabbing a coffee and planning on waiting however long it took to find where he was. The kid was starting to become like a son to Tony (he wouldn't admit it, at least right now) and he really liked having the kid around, there was no way he was going to sit around if something was happening to Peter.

"We'll get you kid, don't worry," Tony muttered, hoping beyond all hope that Peter was actually okay and just ill.

God, if only they all knew. 

-

-

-

A/N- Even shorted and I'm sorry about that. Kinda struggled with making these as long. 

2.1k words

- Bear xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5.8K 31
After Peter had been bitten by a spider and the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter became Spider-man. Living with his Aunt May, going to high school as a...
Save Me By ;

Fanfiction

13.7K 357 25
Since the events at Homecoming Peter hadn't been the same. He began to remember things from the past that he'd worked so long and hard to forget. At...
478K 15.4K 27
A story about Peter Parker and his abusive aunt, and how Tony Stark shows him how to fight his demons. *** summary; Peter Parker's aunt, May...
25.9K 400 26
Y/N is very close to Tony Stark. He basically raised her. Took her in, taught her everything he knows, and helped her control her powers. All her lif...