Behind closed doors

By Spidersoning

Peter's life isn't great, his home life is terrible, and his school days seem to be getting worse. So when h... More

INFO- PLEASE READ
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
SEQUEL COMING SOON

Chapter 21

2.8K 92 128
By Spidersoning

A/N- I DON'T REMEBER WRITING ANY OF THIS CAUSE I SPENT A SOLID MONTH OF JUST WRITING WRITING WRITING SO IT'S ALL MIXED TOGETHER.

*Location- Rouge warehouse*

-Third Person P.O.V-

Peter came to slowly, his head muffled with sleep and only just taking in the voices whispering around him. He knew he should be panicking, after all, he doesn't really remember much of last night right now. But the hand wrapped around his shoulder lets him know he's safe.

The person who had their arm around Peter talks and within that moment it brings it all back to Peter.

He was with Bucky and all the others.

A content smile fell onto his lips and he moved closer to Bucky, seeking the warmth that the man was emitting. A collective, small laugh appeared all around him and the hand over his shoulder tightened slightly.

"Pete, you awake?" Bucky mumbled beside Peters head.

He was shooting them all glares, not liking how they were all looking at him as though he had done something to amuse them all. He knew it was because he was showing some form of emotion other than a scowl, but when his little brother was sleeping beside him and practically using him as his own personal heater, how was he not meant to smile.

Peter could only hum in response, wanting nothing more than for them to shut up and let him sleep again. This had to have been one of the best, most comfortable sleeps Peter had ever gotten and he didn't want it to be ruined now.

A low chuckle was heard across the room as they all looked at the half asleep teen, looking as though he was anything but awake.

It took Peter a few more moments to adjust to his surrounds and actually wake up enough to open his eyes. At first, he panicked slightly, but it was quickly stalled when he felt Bucky there beside him and he knew he was okay.

"Morning," Peter voiced, sounding rough- which wasn't a lie, he really did feel rather groggy.

Everyone around the room replied to him and he couldn't help a small smile to settle on his lips. To think these were earths mightiest heroes made a shiver run down Peters spine, it felt odd acting so domestic around them, as though it was something that they would never do, but at the end of the day, they're human. (Mostly that is.)

"Got any plans today Pete?" Bucky asked as Peter stood and stretched, so much for sleeping on the bed, Peter thought idly.

Peter pondered on the question, he knew what he was doing today, but he doubted he could outright say it. 'Oh yeah, just going to spend the night at the persons home that you all had a fight with! No big deal.' Yeah, cause that would go down great.

"Probably go back home, do some homework then go out on patrol for the rest of the day," Peter replied, he guessed it wasn't too much of a lie. He was planning on doing some homework, and patrol, but 'home,' was not going to be involved in any of it.

Steve was the next to speak up, a small, content smile on his face as he did so, "we better not keep you too long. But do you want to eat before you leave?"

As to answer his question, Peters stomach rumbled at the mere mention of food, making everyone in the room laugh a little, including Peter, although his face did redden slightly in embarrassment.

As they all made their way into the 'kitchen,' Peter shivered slightly, cursing at himself for not bringing a hoodie. Instead, he pulled the sleeves of his sweater down over his hands and hoped after eating it would heat him up a little.

Before he could process the chill however, a hoodie was being thrown at his face. On instinct, he caught it and turned his gaze to the person who threw it at him, revealing him 'brother' stood there with a small smirk on his face.

"What's this for?" Peter wondered, although he already had a good idea of what it was.

Bucky rolled his eyes and shook his head, "for you dummy. I can see you're shivering from here."

Peter smiled and quickly pulled it over his head. It engulfed him in warmth and quilled the shivers before they had the chance to continue. It was big on him, his hands no where in sight and the length falling close to his knees. It reminded him a lot like wearing Mr Steve's hoodie, although this one brought a lot more comfort to him.

"Thank you Bucky," Peter whispered, slightly wanting to curl up in a ball and cry with all the overwhelming emotions that were crashing down on him. For so long, the only person that had ever cared about him was his Uncle, and now, a small list is beginning to grow, and Peter isn't sure how he's meant to deal with it all.

Bucky shakes his head gently and allows a small smile to slip onto his face. He knew the others were looking at him, but in that moment he didn't care. He could see the happiness in Peters eyes and knew the kid deserved some comfort in his life. No matter how many times Peter may say good things about his aunt, something about her didn't sit right with Bucky.

"What do you all want for breakfast?" Wanda said, Scott beside her with an apron on.

Peter smiled at the pair, unable to hold back a small snort of laughter. They had explained the other night that they all take turns in cooking meals, always in pairs and always changing it up. So no one has to do everything and no one gets to do nothing.

Peter decided to stay silent, opting to agree with whatever everyone else says. He wasn't used to the luxury of other cooking for him. Nearly his whole life he had needed to make meals for himself, other than when his uncle was there, or when he was a lot younger and May didn't hate him with every fibre in her body.

A sigh fell past Peters lips and he couldn't help himself but to think about what will happen in the future. As much as he wants to lie to himself, he knows none of this will last. One day, May will find out, and it will be the end of Peter. He won't be able to pull himself back from the edge and he will lose everything he had come to see as family.

It was stupid, he knew that. Doing all this was so stupid, but he couldn't stop himself. Because right now, he was happy. But he knew, when it was all over, he wouldn't cope with the loss, after knowing what having a real family is and being truly happy, going back to that hurtful environment. Well, let's just say it would be too much for him.

Peter pulled himself from his thoughts as they all began to talk to one and another. And Peter allowed himself to fall into it with them, pretending as though he didn't have a dark, heavy cloud looming over him, days away from raining down on him and ruining everything he had.

-

"Come back soon Peter, we like having you here. Don't let Bucky hog you over at the other place the pair of you go, we want to spend time with you as well," Clint called out, shooting Bucky a look that was quickly shut down by the murderous glare that was sent his way from the metal armed man.

Peter laughed quietly and nodded, unable to stop the smile at feeling so comfortable around them all. Although, he doubted he would be that good if it weren't for Bucky there, it was as though his brain told him when Bucky was there, he was able to be himself and not have to worry about being hurt for it.

"I will, thank you for taking me in for the night. Really, it- it means a lot."

"Nonsense kid, we like having you here. Anyway, I think if we were to disagree we would be killed in our sleep tonight," Scott responded, making Bucky, once more, send a murderous look his way, affectively shutting him up.

After only a beat of silence, Bucky huffed and grumbled out, "I guess that is true though."

Before any of the others could say anything, Bucky was turning and carefully guiding Peter out of the warehouse, Peter only having a chance to turn and wave goodbye before they were out of sight. "Come on Pete. I'll walk with you out," Bucky spoke, his voice a lot softer then it was just a few moments ago.

Peter nodded, a smile on his face. Buckys hoodie was still firmly in place, as the older had said how he didn't need it at the moment and Peter could keep it for as long as he wanted. (Peter was not planning on giving it back after he was told that. Yes part of him was scared about doing that, but he knew Bucky wouldn't mind, deep down he knew.)

"Bucky, are you sure they wouldn't mind me coming here?" Peter mumbled, tilting his head to look at the man as they walked.

Bucky squeezed Peters shoulders a little tighter- of course, not tight enough to hurt Peter, as that really was one of Buckys worse nightmares- and shook his head. "Of course not Peter, you've got to understand, people really like having you around. You bring smiles to all of our faces, and I know they all like having you there."

Peter didn't respond for a moment, and instead let the words float through his mind as he thought over it more. The words felt true, as being around them all, even with Tony and the others, he really did feel safe and though everything he did was okay- to some extent of course- but that still didn't mean it meant the whole world. Peter knew not everyone liked him, no one likes everyone and there will always be someone out there who doesn't like you. But to Peter, some of those people were the ones close in his life, and it made him feel as though everyone in his life was like that.

But over time, it seemed to be changing. Peter just really hoped it wouldn't change anytime soon.

"Thanks Buck."

"Always, Kiddo. Will I be seeing you tonight?" Bucky wondered as they got out the door and into the back alley.

Peter hummed and nodded, "yep. Although I doubt it will be for long," Peter admitted.

"Okay Pete, I'll see you later. Stay safe and try not to get hurt okay," Bucky responded, his voice holding a joking manor, but Peter knew he was serious about it.

Peter nodded while replying, "I'll try, but no promises."

Bucky shook his head and sent Peter a look, but the teen paid it no mind and instead, turned and begun to make his way to the tower. He sent a quick look back at his pseudo brother, sending him a small smile and wave before turning back towards the way he was walking, a feeling of contentment settling within him.

-

*Location- Stark Tower*

-Third Person P.O.V-

As Peter neared the tower, a feeling of guilt settled heavy within his stomach. Buckys hoodie was still on, the sleeves pulled down so he could fiddle with the end of the sleeves as he thought over his life.

He knew what he was doing was wrong. It felt as though he was betraying everyone's trust, and lying to them all. And to a certain extent, he was. But he couldn't chance them finding out and then telling him to never come back.

If Tony found out that he was spending time with Bucky and the other Avengers, Peter knew he would feel betrayed. After all, the man had been kind enough to tell him about what they put him through, only for Peter to spend time with them and act as though they're the nicest people in the world.

Hell, the one he looks at as a brother is the one who murdered Tonys parents.

Peter was quick to change that thought though. As it wasn't his brother. His brother was Bucky Barnes, not The Winter Soldier.

But even still, he doubted Tony would care all that much. He was spending time with the people that had abandoned Tony. But to Peter now, if he were to turn and leave them (mainly Bucky), he wouldn't be okay. Bucky was quick to become someone important in Peters life and one of the only people he feels comfortable around.

It goes the other way though. Peter knew Bucky trusted him, and it would be as though Peter was turning around and throwing it back in his face. But he would never mean something like that. It was more the fact that he can't very well turn around and say that he was now interning for Tony and spent a lot of time there as well.

It was just becoming all to much for Peter to cope. Deep down he knew it would all blow up in his face and cause him to spiral down a dark, dark path. It felt so, so selfish, but Peter just couldn't force himself without them both there.

To top it all off, he had May to deal with. She would probably get a Hell of a lot worse now that Peter wasn't going to be there on weekends, seeing as she liked to hit him as much as possible and get all her rage out, she would more than likely start to hurt him a Hell of a lot worse now on the days when he was there.

Sighing, Peter shook his head and walked into the tower. He walked through the lobby quickly and stepped into the elevator. Looking at his phone, he saw it was 10am and smiled a little, he had text Tony to let him know he was on his way and the man was quick to respond with a 'looking forward to it,' and some of the things they could do for the day.

Spotting his reflection, Peter smiled a little. Although the bruises and cuts were still visible, they had already began to get better. And feeling his ribs, though still hurt at the touch, weren't too bad, and he hoped by Monday they would be healed.

"Hey FRI," Peter greeted happily.

'Good-Morning Peter. How has your morning been?' FRIDAY questioned.

Peter smiled as he thought about it, "it was pretty good thanks. How was yours?"

'It's been as well as can be when dealing with boss,' FRIDAY responded in an amused tone, making Peter crack a small laugh. Damn, this morning he seems to have laughed more than he has in a long, long time.

"You truly are a saint FRIDAY."

Before FRIDAY could say anything else though, the doors were opening and Peter was walking out and making his way to his mentor. Today was quickly coming one of his favourite days, and he really hoped it was something that would become normal for him.

-

The clock had just struck 5pm when Peter decided he should probably patrol. He had been shown a room in the penthouse that Tony had said would be his. (Yes his, Peter was more than shocked, and looking at the decorations Peter was unable to wipe the smile off his face, the theme was obviously star wars and it was obvious Tony had actually listened to Peters ramblings.)

They had had lunch with Pepper and Happy, as Rhodey was out for the day, but they had all spoke and had a nice talk with each other. It felt weird for Peter, being around people and not having to worry about what he said in fear they might hit him for it.

Of course, he couldn't say everything. He couldn't say what May did to him, or where he goes everyday, or where he was yesterday. But for now, what he can do is enough.

"Is it okay if I go on patrol now?" Peter asked, as he looked up from his work and turned to Tony, who in turn put down what he was working on.

Tony shot a glance at the clock on the wall before nodding. "Sure Pete, just try and be back by eight. As I think we're going to be watching a film and ordering in if that's okay with you."

Peter nodded and smiled, "that sounds nice. I'll make sure to be back by then, thank you," Peter rambled before shooting to his feet and to HIS ROOM.

YES HIS ROOM. GOD HE COULDN'T GET OVER HIS OWN ROOM IN THE STARK TOWER.

Peter shook his head and pushed the door closer, taking another look around the room. It was massive. A queen sized bed was in the middle of the room, bedside table beside it, and a desk against the wall on the other side. A massive window spread across the whole of the other wall, the wall, being glass. The good thing about it as well was that it was so high up you wouldn't be able to see in, and after asking FRIDAY he found out even if it was lower, you still wouldn't be able to look in.

There were two doors in the room as well, one leading to a huge bathroom, with a whole ass shower and bath in it. And the other door, leading to a walk in closet that was like a whole other room, which was still bigger than Peters room back 'home.'

Peter was quick to change into his suit, not even glancing in the direction of the mirror as he knew what he would see he wouldn't like. He hated looking in the mirror and seeing all the bruises that were scattered on his body. It reminded him of the Hell he was actually living in and it was only when, not if, he was going to be hit again.

"FRIDAY, please may you open the window?" Peter asked as he neared the window.

'Of course Peter, I will open it for when I see your arrival,' FRIDAY responded as the window opened wide for him to get out.

Peter was quick to thank her before he was jumping through the window, free falling through the air and feeling his smile grow. Before he could get too close to the ground he shot a web and swung his way across the city, feeling as though he was more free than ever.

"Karen, you ready for a good patrol?" Peter asked as he made his way to his normal roof that he waits on.

'Always Peter,' Karen replied within an instant, already scanning for any crime that was going on around them.

-

Peter had an hour before he needed to be back and he had yet to go and see Bucky. Thankfully, there was a lull in crime and Peter was able to make his way over, looking forward to seeing his brother, even though he had seen his this morning.

The door was unlocked when he got there so he knew Bucky was in, and as soon as the door was closed behind him, he pulled his mask off and smiled at the warmth that filled his body.

"Hey Peter, how's patrol going?" Bucky wondered as Peter walked in.

Peter was quick to settle on the sofa, seeing Bucky had brought his blanket back and was quick to wrap himself in it, as he did so he responded. "It's been going good, not too busy that I'm run off my feet, but not too dead that I have to wait around long," Peter responded, "how has your day been?"

"Pretty good, just spent a little time with the others before escaping here earlier," Bucky voiced, sounding as though he had also had a good day.

The pair fall into an easy conversation and before Peter knows it, he has to leave. "Sorry, I need to go before it's too late," Peter sighed, looking down at his hands in guilt. He hated having to leave so quick, but he didn't want to test being late, part of his brain still telling him the sae punishment would be what May would do to him.

"Okay kid, will I see you tomorrow?"

Peter nodded quickly, "yep. I try to be here everyday honestly, it's the only place I feel really safe, why would I ever want to not be here."

Buckys eyes softened and he smiled at hearing that. "I'm glad kid, I like having you here and I'm happy you feel so safe here. I'll see you tomorrow, okay."

Peter stood from the sofa with a nod, bidding his brother goodbye before he made his way out the door, making sure to shut it properly. A sigh fell from his lips, as a part of him was wanting nothing more than to go back in there and just sleep in the comfort of Buckys presence and not have to worry about anything to do with May and the abuse he is sure to suffer soon enough.

Shaking his head however, he pulled his mask over his face and shot a web high above him and pulled himself into the air, ready to make his way back to the tower and settle down for the night.

-

As soon as he got into his room, he pulled off his suit in favour of pulling Bucky's hoodie on and some sweats. He smiled at the comfort it brought him and thought back to the night before, being so content and happy for a whole night, not having to be scared about being hit sometime in the night and being able to speak and do what he wanted.

'Peter, Boss says pizza is here if you would like to go to the common area,' FRIDAY chimed in.

Peter was quick to thank her, taking a quick glance in the mirror before leaving. After all, he didn't want to look to disgruntled before going and eating with them all. He knew they wouldn't mind, but Peter was too worried that it would seem rude and all the kindness would be thrown in his face within seconds of them seeing him like that.

He knew it was farfetched, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary if it was Peter. As far as he was concerned, anything could mean a beating for him.

Peter was quick to make his way out of the room and down the long hallway, it held many rooms in, but he didn't spare a second glance at them, knowing if he wasn't told he could go in there, he wouldn't think he could go.

"Hi," Peter whispered quietly when he walked into the common room, seeing everyone already there around the pizza.

Everyone turned hearing his voice, and for a split second, Peter worried he should have stayed silent. But they were quick to smile at him and greet him. "Ah kid, come here and get some pizza. Then we decided you could chose the movie seeing as you're the guest," Tony responded, a smile making it's way onto his face when he spotted Peter.

Tony, although still plagued with nightmares, and sometimes, dark days that had him battling the urge to pick up the bottle once more, was doing a Hell of a lot better with Peter being involved in his life. Sure, it wasn't too much of a big role, but Tony felt as though he needed to be better for the kid and not project all his issues on him, after all, Tony can't shake the feeling Peter is battling his own right now.

Tony was also still struggling with the accords and trying to work out what to do with it all, and having Ross on his back all the time certainly wasn't any help. But having Peter around helped to quill that stress slightly, and for a little while it didn't matter about Ross or any of the others.

"Thank you," Peter thanked as he was passed a plate and moved forward, grabbing a couple slices of each. They knew about his enhanced metabolism, so didn't blink twice at seeing how much food was on the kids plate. (Peter had in fact taken less, but one glance at his plate had everyone pilling on more slices, claiming how Peter was a growing boy, with an enhanced metabolism and needed to feed as much as he could.)

Peter was quick to pick 'How to train your dragon,' seeing as it was one of his favourites and could never get bored of it. Everyone seemed to agree with the choice, all nodding their approvals as smiles slipped on their faces as they settled on the sofa.

Just as FRIDAY was getting it ready, Rhodey turned to Peter and laughed a little, "by the way Peter. Where did you get the hoodie, it looks as though it's about to drown you."

Tony glanced up from his pizza and looked at it. It made him a little confused, as he could remember Bucky having a hoodie just like that. Although, it could have been completely different and Tony just conjuring up the memory and changing it slightly. Plus, how the Hell is Peter going to have Buckys hoodie.

Peters mind went blank for a split second, and he had to hold himself back from blurting out Bucky gave it to him. Instead, he allowed a small smile to fall upon his face as he responded with, "my friend gave it to me the other day."

It wasn't too much of a lie. Yes, it wasn't the truth, but a friend had given it to him. Also someone who was like his brother, a war criminal, is known by everyone in the room and- well yeah, maybe not the best idea to tell the truth.

Everyone seemed to buy it as they all turned back to the screen, content smiles on their faces as they ate their way through the pizza.

Peter was also feeling the contentment, although, he knew it would be a whole lot better if the others were all here. He knew everyone would hate it, but for Peter it would be the best, almost like having his whole family there.

With that thought in his mind, he paid attention to the movie and ate his way through the pizza on his plate. Feeling as though life was finally beginning to look up for him. 

-

-

-

A/N- Bro...we getting somewhere with the story let's go.

4.4k words

- Bears xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 19K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...
478K 15.4K 27
A story about Peter Parker and his abusive aunt, and how Tony Stark shows him how to fight his demons. *** summary; Peter Parker's aunt, May...
10K 542 30
Years of being an Avenger not only being family with the Avengers is a big thing for me, I always wanted a family but that doesn't mean that I never...
5.7K 148 12
|| Book 2 of 6 || Its been 2 months since the events of the Civil War. You and Peter are still happily together and attending Midtown School of Scien...