MEDIUM

By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian knew he was weird, well weirder, he had abilities and powers no one had, he could see things no normal... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

27.

1.7K 121 9
By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Inner War.
Sovietro Home.

"You said you knew what you were doing, why hasn't he woken up yet?" Neill hissed at Skyler as he was busy healing Kyle who lay on a bed unconscious, it had been a month since the attack and Alora had woken up the next day after what happened but not Kyle, he convulsed, screamed in his death like sleep even tried to take his own life but never woke up it was now starting to worry all of them. "I said I could heal him, and I have, the venom is completely out of his system but for some reason he's not waking up, it's all on him." Sky hissed back as he stood to his feet but swayed.

No one caught him, not even Mikhail the one he expected to atleast have some compassion for him. "Then you're useless, look at the state of you, you're hollow." Neill stated as he looked at an apalled Skyler, how could he say that, he was the one struggling day and night to heal Kyle, to help Alora with her spells, to gather information, he'd done it all for them and today he was deemed useless. "I have done everything for you!" Skyler yelled back just as Neill moved so fast to pin him to the wall by his throat. "That's because you owe us everything, you're a stain to this family, to our name, you don't belong here, you don't deserve to be here, whatever you did and whatever entitlement you think it gave you, that was nothing." The larger wolf hissed as he choked the witch, his claws drawing blood.

Skyler looked to Mikhail for help but it never came. "Do you think he'll help you, how quaint." The wolf taunted as he let go and Skyler fell to the floor gasping for breath and his eyes burning with tears, he'd been broken by a war that wasn't his, he'd been used and abused by people he thought were family, this wasn't love, this was torture. "Father wants to see us, —all of us." Alora announced by the door to the room the three men were in. Skyler struggled to stand as his throat slowly healed.

"I had the loveliest conversation with Stephen tonight, he told me about what you have been doing to the Milfords, Neill will you ever listen to me or will you continue being a thorn in the side of a family that wants nothing to do with you, tell me why is Kyle still unconscious?" The patriarch demanded as his eyes glowed red showing he wasn't in the mood for nonsense. "Skyler father, he has had failure in healing him after he attacked Kyle and Alora in a mood." Neill replied as Skyler was stunned, how could he. "I didn't attack them." He protested. "Then how come you were the one who found them in the first place, you knocked out Alora so she couldn't remember and have kept Kyle under so he won't tell on you." Mikhail was the one who supported and shock went through Skyler once more.

"You know I didn't do anything, I was there to find Alora." He tried but Alora nailed his final say to the coffin that was his reckoning. "I remember everything father, he attacked us, blocked our magic, I don't know why." She added and Skyler was suddenly wrapped in a red aura, it pulled him toward the patriarch and on his knees right in front of him. "Tell me why I shouldn't kick you out of this very home, right this instant." He growled and all of Skyler's life flashed in his eyes.

They lied to him, this wasn't a family, this was hell and every waking moment he'd spent in this home had been nothing but torture, his magic was broken, he was broken and Mikhail gave him false hope, false love, he didn't care about him, he wanted to satisfy his urges that's all and Alora, she'd tried over and over to put a binding on him, and every time thanks to his broken magic it was repelled, she wasn't healing him, she wanted control and now that reckoning had come, they were sacrificing him, he was the scapegoat to their machinations.

But not anymore, he was done trying to be part of this family, he was done trying to be anything for them. "No I'd rather you cast me out." He replied his father whose eyes narrowed on him, he could tell his siblings were also surprised but he was tired, tired of trying, tired of wanting to be part of them but he wasn't, he'd never be, this family would take until he had nothing left. "Get out." The patriarch growled as Skyler waved his hands gently and all that belonged to him appeared in a case right next to him, he needed to find healing. As he took his first steps something else happened.

"That goes for all of you, snakes, liars and cheaters, I did not give birth to such vile children, get out of my home this instant, you've corrupted and hurt too many people to even be worthy of anything in your lives and I want nothing to do with you until you crawl back to me begging your father for mercy, do not use my name, my money, my power, if you do, I will know, I will personally hunt you down, and put you out of your miserable existence, do not forget that, now get out!" His voice boomed and the house shook with his  authority, Neill, Alora and Mikhail all felt a shift in their core, their father had exiled them but also taken something from them aswell, a right they had freely claimed before, now no longer theirs.

"Father don't do this." Alora stated but one hiss from the man and she fell to her feet clambering away in fear. Mikhail stood by the main double doors with longing and just as Alora crossed the threshold the doors closed shut with a bang that startled all three. "I've never seen him this angry." Alora stated as Mikhail snickered. "Did you really think your tirade for power wouldn't be noticed, he would eventually know, we've done horrible things, and he was bound to get mad." The younger brother argued as Neill looked forward with a glare.

"It's his fault, he was incompetent." The wolf asserted as he looked at a walking Skyler already near the gate. "Stop looking for someone to blame Neill, you're the one who started this, he only did what you asked." Alora protested as Neill used his speed and appeared in front Skyler. "This is your fault!" He hissed as he tried to backhand slap Skyler but the witch was faster and blasted Neill with an inferno of flames. "Don't you get tired of trying to blame other people Neill, doesn't it get to you that all your failures are of your own doing, stop trying to play the victim, you're a grown man who can't take responsibility of his own mistakes, you're pathetic!" Skyler yelled as Neill hurled a fist coated with red will but it never connected as Skyler placed his palm on the wolf's chest.

"I'm tired of feeling broken, this flame is mine to wield and it was given to me for a reason and that is to protect myself from people like you and not use it for your benefit: Solis infernum diltera." Skyler cast the spell. "Neill no!" Alora yelled as pure green flames roared to life with all the anger and rage Skyler had bottled up, all the abuse, the torture, it all came in that one blast as he unleashed it on Neill. It was as if a large blow torch was opened and pouring out fire like a dragon, Neill's will held up for the most part but against a sacred flame, he was no match, he couldn't match up, so his will failed as green flames engulfed him and the gate, lighting up the sky in a green glow.

Skyler's hair turned a very deep dark green it almost seemed black in the night. "Leave me alone, or I'll do worse." He muttered looking at Alora and Mikhail then Neill who groaned with barely healing scorched skin on an overturned road riddled with red cinderblocks and sand. Skyler only had one place to go in the city, his grandmother's house, since his mother couldn't stand being in Greenway bay after what had happened with his father and stepmother. So he took one step forward and vanished in a burst of green fairy lights.

"Neill, are you alright?" Alora questioned but only got a groan in response as she began healing him. "What now?" Mikhail muttered as he saw a transparent barrier encase the whole property, their father was really making sure they would never come back. "It's exile, do you really think he'd just let us come back." Alora scoffed as her spell was taking longer than expected. "The green flame, the flame of life can be overturned to a darker side, to burn away the sins of those cruel and unjust, Skyler may have done that meaning he will continue burning for as long as Skyler wants and if we approach him, we risk him doing the same to us, what do you think?" Alora asked Mikhail who scoffed.

"I'm out of here, I'm done following him and his crap, he sees us as nothing but a way to get what he wants not as his siblings, let him rot." Mikhail chuckled as he stood up and walked away into the darkness of the night. "Mikh, come back, we can't just leave him!" Alora called out but her brother was gone and Neill was now unconscious with an ever burning, ever healing body. "He's right you know, you're an arsehole, and I'm tired of following this path, look where it's led us, the family is broken, we've been kicked out by our own father, Sonia and mom know what we did and left before this mess escalated, I'm sorry brother, you're on your own, I'm sending you back to your family, maybe you'll have better luck there." She concluded as she opened a portal, waved her hand over Neill carrying his body with magic, and on the other side his other family was waiting for him, so she allowed the portal to completely take him.

Alora sighed looking at her home, she'd grown up here, known this place as her safe place always, now she was nolonger wanted in it, she was homeless, a fitting punishment for her really, she'd done this to herself. "How does it feel, to be alone, no home, no family support, no power, it's lonely isn't it?" A voice asked from the shadows, as she created as orb of light in her palm then gasped because she was facing the exact replica of her father, only younger. "Johnny." Alora muttered as he smiled and his will over her was noticeable, it wasn't painful but a reminder that they were in a different league of power.

"I wanted Skyler to be your undoing, and he didn't disappoint, neither did you, I know you figured out what I did, I also knew you'd have him as a scapegoat if everything went to shit, so I made sure he was there when Jax attacked, made sure his magic would be unable to heal Kyle so you'd actually turn on him, and from the looks of it, you didn't disappoint." Johnny chuckled as Alora shook her head in disbelief. "You did this, orchestrated everything in the shadows, no one would even guess it was you." She muttered and Johnny quirked a brow. "I had help, and also just between you and me, you wont remember this conversation, but it'll nag you so much and drive you nuts at times that you'll eventually turn to one person for answers and when that day comes, you'll be on your knees begging for mercy, Adrian's visions have a certain way of manifesting and changing, his major vision showed all of us, weak and powerless, but now it's changed, significantly, all I needed to do was dissect it and make sure key components were cut out." Johnny explained as Alora's eyes widened.

"Stupid, we were stupid, you're an empath and your brother is a literal medium, anything he wishes to see he can, past, future, present, he knew, Neill was a fool to underestimate you, I'll give you that." Alora confessed as low laughter engulfed her, she turned to look to her side but no one was there, confused as to what had happened she tried to remember, remember who she was talking to but nothing. "What?" She asked herself as nothing, not even a glimpse came. "I'm going mad, of course I'd go mad with just a few hours in exile." She muttered to herself as she looked at her home one more time before disappearing into the night.

The Milford-Brookes
Next Day.

"Go team!" Adrian cheered as he sat in the stadium seats, it was mid afternoon on a friday, the family was attending Jax's club game, he'd decided to take varsity classes but also continue playing as a professional. "I still don't understand why they call it football, rugby is better." He stated as Enzo who was next to him just chuckled. "That's because both you and I can't tell the difference between soccer and football therefore we call it rugby and call the other ball game football." Enzo explained. "Ohh." Ari supplied as their little brothers stood up.

"Go Jax, go,— woohoo!" Martin was the loudest and also added the sassiest cheerleader pose he could muster for a seven year old, of course he caught the attention of not only Jax but the players themselves, which he was now rating on cuteness level. "I swear that kid will be the most problematic one." Enzo whispered to Ari who giggled as Jax waved at him, he returned the wave with a kiss.

"Oh my goodness, the snackbar line was long, did I miss anything?" Johnny asked carrying two bags of food, more like snacks for everyone. "Not much, the team scored another six points, they're now tied." Enzo replied as Johnny sat down next to him and pecked his lips. "Oh he's cute." Renee complimented on a player in Jax's team. "I know right." Ari supported "What?" Nik growled in response. "Don't get jealous you're still my sexy hung latino bull." Renee soothed as a satisfied huff came from Nik whilst their children were horrified. "We didn't need to know that." Ari protested as they all burst out laughing.

"That wasn't for you to hear anyway, focus on ya mates." Nik chortled as Ari rolled his eyes and looked to the pitch, Jax was having a great time, this was where he belonged, it gave him purpose, yes he wanted to get an education because at some point sports weren't going to pay the bills but he still belonged here and Ari wanted to give him that. "It's his choice Ari, he wanted to get the best of both worlds, and he is, you just need to support him." Johnny called out from beside Enzo who just kept on watching and Ari accepted his brother's words, this was Jax's choice, let him see it through.

"Yes, woohoo, way to go baby!" Ari yelled. "And seconds just before the halftime bell the Knights have taken the lead with their bulldozing right flank Jax Milford scoring the leading points, you have got to give this guy the recognition the deserves, all throughout this season he's been pushing the Knights and dominating the pitch, he's well on his way to getting picked—." Adrian tuned out the commentators as he focused on Jax who was huddled around his team as they cheered walking away from the pitch, it was half time, the little break would give him just enough time to get to him and back, so he nodded to Enzo and closed his eyes, Enzo just caught his brother's body.

Adrian appeared in the locker room just next to Jax. "Hey, great game out there, you did awesome!" He cheered loudly and since only Jax could see him it didn't matter. "Thanks baby, thanks for coming out too, I know you had a class but I appreciate you being here, it means a lot." Jax replied with a bright smile and only Ari could kiss him and feel it, he was that amazing. "I'd do it for you anyday, being on that pitch, playing, it makes you happy, when you're happy, I'm right there with you, it's what mates and family do." Ari assured as Jax nodded appreciating his mate's words. "I gotta go, win this thing." He told Jax who chuckled. "You know it." The tall kitsune exclaimed as their coach walked in.

"Great game boys!" He began as Adrian looked at Jax one last time before willing his astral form back into his body, he was almost there when a hand grabbed his own. "They're coming!" A woman suddenly screamed to Adrian. "Who is coming, what are you talking about?" He demanded. "Be wary child, he is not done yet, he will bring them to finish what he started and he will shake this very city to it's core, you must be careful, watch and listen to the ancestors, they are your salvation." As soon as those words were spoken black smoke engulfed the woman and she was pulled away into the darkness of the void she had come from.

Adrian called on his flame, it's orange glow engulfed him and purified him as he finally settled into his body and with a small gasp he was awake, the whistle for the second half to start rang and Adrian pushed aside whatever he felt, Jax needed to focus and him feeling what he felt wouldn't help. "Are you alright?" Johnny asked as Ari nodded. "Yeah, baby apprehension." He lied but it wasn't a total lie, he was scared for his child but he also put that aside, Jax needed him to push on, Enzo hadn't said anything but he took Ari's hand and held it in his large palm, it's warmth reassuring him that he was there and he was safe and fine.

"Boys no eating the sugar bit only, eat the whole nut." Nik chided their younger siblings who pouted but ate the sugar coated nuts anyway. "That's my son right there, go Jax!" Renee yelled as he was on his feet cheering. As everyone was occupied, well not everyone Enzo felt around the area they were in with his own brand of magic, a lot of mystics assumed his kind were dead therefore the feel of his magic prodding around went unnoticed, its how he could feel the other particularly strong kitsune and were-jaguar in the stadium, their attention and intention were aimed on Jax, that was no surprise, danger was attracted to them in the weirdest way.

But it had been a month since any real threat had come so it was warranted that problems began popping up then, only problem was, they didn't want problems in their lives. "Babe." Enzo muttered as Johnny took his hand. "I know, I felt them, go to Jax, I'll get the family out of here." Johnny told Enzo who vanished right then and no one noticed since the game was at it's climax. Johnny smiled at the boys and gestured for them to come closer to him which piqued Renee's interest. "I'll go with them, we can't make it suspicious." Ari suddenly exclaimed as Johnny nodded, he grabbed their three little princes and vanished in the roar of the crowd.

As for Renee and Nik they cheered with Johnny by their side until the last whistle rang. "Let's go." Nik told them. As for Jax they had won the game, he looked up to where his mate was and was surprised to find him and the kids gone which alarmed him. "It's alright, act normal." He heard Enzo whisper in the wind. So he did, he cheered, and smiled with the team until he got to the locker room where Enzo was by the door with his stuff. "We might want to hurry, they're —here." Enzo muttered as everyone around them was on the floor unconscious. "Come with us, and no one gets—." Before they finished that statement Enzo held out his hand and a portal opened, he moved it over the two of them and they vanished leaving a growling pair of predators.

"What was that?" Jax asked as they showed up at home. "No idea, though I suspect that's not our last encounter." Enzo replied as he opened the door to their home, where everything was always warm and happy.

+++

The trials of the Medium.

Saint Jay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124 16 8
''Name?'' ''-less'' I said and she looked at me through her glasses. ''What is your real name child?'' she asked me again behind her desk. My mind w...
4K 264 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
82.8K 2.6K 17
((Written in 2013!!!! Read at your own risk!!)) Adrian's life is pretty complicated, as you can imagine. His parents expect nothing but the best out...
80 0 5
The Life of a young boy is turned upside down as everything he thinks he knows becomes more foreign then one would dream. Gaining power so unreal tha...