I Found My Forever-- NOI X RE...

By ZeeZaw-YeeHaw

There was a little error when I was creating the cover. Just ignore the background text at the bottom. Thanks... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7-- Past the Crayon Door
Chapter Eight
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
COMING SOON. . .
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen...
Chapter Sixteen! (Legit)
The Note of Nope.
Siiiiigh [A/n]

Chapter Seventeen

968 21 10
By ZeeZaw-YeeHaw

Chapter Seventeen

"Noi,"

We both turn around to find Rhys, Asch and Pierce standing in the looming frameway of their magical realm-house. Noi turns tense again as we take in their expressions. They seem dark...

"Come with us, the both of you," Rhys orders.

I arch an eyebrow and give off an inquisitive look.

"What's the verdict?" I ask, leaning back from the counter.

Their expressions grow more grim, as a roll of thunder strolls from the sky outside. I look out of the vast windows to see the darkest of skies. In Daemos, clouds are a sort of bad omen after an announcement of news. Something tells me that whatever decision they've come to isn't all happy and glorious.

"Do not question my orders!" Asch barks, "Just fo-llow!"

I scoff internally and do as told, the instinct of Daemos nipping in my mind. It annoys me to have to do what Asch says-- but right now there's been enough squabbling. In all honesty, I want to get this conversation over with.

^^^^^^^

The whole walk through the magical-addition that they put up was silent. All the way through long corridors, around every corner and up every staircase. Painfully quiet. Intensely grim.

We finally walk into a sort of court-room of council. A round, large table rests in the middle of the big room, surrounded with more chairs than I count Daemos. Leif is already sitting down at the table, waiting for us. Without a word, Asch and the others take their own chairs. I sit beside Noi, no idea what's actually going on-- suspicion in mind.

"Okay. Somebody has to say something, this silence is putting me on edge," I finally blurt, looking around the table.

"It has come to our attention that -- as things would seem now-- a problem has arisen. As much as Prince Asch insists upon dealing with you now, I still think it wise to get the whole picture." Rhys begins the meeting with formality.

He's acting so stiff about me now. Then again, I've been held up with a mask on, and Daemos have never been known as the trusting type... I can't really blame them, since this is such a big thing too.

I process the bits laid out on the table, before nodding. Leif sits sulking in his chair at the table, glaring at me fully. A whole distrusting gaze piercing me from across the room. I guess I don't know what I was expecting, nothing could be great forever.

"Even though this is a complete waste of time," Asch grumbles.

"I'm a waste of time now?" I ask, bitterness in my voice.

"Yes," Asch barks, "You are. Ever since you arrived on Sorceress Ava's front steps, you have been nothing but in the way. We're here to solve our problem; you've only added delay to finding us a solution."

I scoff, "And why exactly are you here? Unless I missed a memo and royal Daemos are suddenly allowed to up and leave their kingdoms-- you're supposed to be in the castle."

Asch growls from gritted teeth, "You know nothing,"

The tension in the room seems to keep the others off my back for the moment being. All eyes are either on Asch or myself at this moment, and they carry heavy weights. I take a brief moment to study their eyes.

"I'm right, though, aren't I? Dead on the nail, something bad has rushed you all here."

"If you wish for me not to cut out your tongue, then I suggest you shut your mouth and get back in turn! I will not stand for your disrespected assumptions!"

"Enough!!" Rhys' voice booms over the room, bringing our arguing to a lull. He pinches the crook of his nose, exhaling sharply.

Rhys hunches his form over the table, fists tense on the flat surface. "Pointless bickering will help us in no way, Prince Asch."

"And neither will killing her..." Says Noi, softly.

Leif turns his gaze over to him after the addition to the meeting. The look on his face makes me think that, by Noi pitching in his two cents, something in his words has offence. I tally it down to simple 'runt treatment' though. At least Noi is on my side...

"[Y/N]," Rhys starts, looking up to meet my gaze with his own cold one, "We are going to ask you a few questions now. It would be best for us all if you cooperated,"

I nod, "Very well. I'll answer to the best of my abilities."

Rhys focuses his gaze stiffly on the one thing placed on the table. A hardcover book, worn and a little torn by time, set neatly in the centre of us. The main attention at hand, for now. I recognise it though. Old scribe printed in shiny letters on the front cover, a language lost to this world from long ago.

Libro Divinum Terreni. The book that rushed me here to Earth all those stupid six years ago. I mean, sure, everyone who was a threat to me in Daemos back then is dead now, but just because they're gone, doesn't mean my experience has disappeared.

"My book...?" I ponder out loud.

"The Divine Terreni Book, said in the Daemos records to have been stolen long ago, disappearing with the thief who stole it," Rhys fails to meet my eyes. His face is cold-blank and emotionless.

"And I found it in your bag."

I furrow my brows into a line and get ready to defend my personal rights. First, to start with him rummaging through my stuff. I cross my arms and scowl his way,

"You went through my things?"

Rhys glances in Leif's direction, "Leif did, as I asked him to,"

I turn in Leif's direction, turning red in rage, "You went through my STUFF??"

"Had to. Orders are orders."

I huff a breath, whipping my head around to glare at that stupid book.

"Yeah, I have the book, but I never stole it. Someone planted it with me way back when and I got the blame."

Asch scoffs, bitterly. I face him with a gaze unamused. He's hunched in his seat, keeping his head up with support from his arm. The whole call to meeting here seems to have him bored and irritated beyond his norm.

"Don't believe me?"

"If you were placed in blame, why wouldn't you simply return the book to wherever it belonged?" He describes, painted uninterested in my defence.

"Bold of you to assume I could get anywhere near the rightful owners without having a warrant for my head -- you know, just to keep me busy."

"This is childish, we should be looking for ways to deal with our problem and then leave."

"... You suck."

"And you are insufferable, and my patience wears thin."

I take a deep breath, resisting every voice screaming in my head, telling me to lunge across the table right now and deck him in the face. But I'm better than that. He's the type of person that drove me to this world, and I'm not about to let that get inside my head, or under my skin. Not after all I've come to, and not after all that has happened. Not again.

I settle myself, calming with a few deep breaths. I'm not perfect for conversation and tea, right now, but I also step away from the thought of pulverising him, too.

"Moving on," Pierce declares, motioning for Rhys to take things along. Before, perhaps, I do give in to precious urges.

"If what you claim about the book is true, then what we know about the details of its theft could very well be misinformed."

"Why would they be?" Leif grunts, staring at the ceiling.

"It did happen well over 1800 years ago. Keeping records of something from that much time in difference is not all easy, or accurate."

"And I was there." I sneer, crossing my arms.

Rhys rolls his shoulders back before presenting the next bit of council.

"Perhaps you should share with us the events that transpired the way it happened to you. We will see our next course of action--"

"--Execution,-" Asch interrupts,

Rhys ignores him, "Once your tale has been told."

Fine. If I don't cooperate things will just be more difficult between the lot of them. Besides, I need things to be left on somewhat good terms, especially while we're still around Ava. I have that identity to uphold still. If she caught on to our tension, all hell could break loose from it.

Best to just play along.

"Okay," I start debating on how to begin my retelling, "It's a long story, though. You might want to get comfortable..."

-------

ZeZee: Suck it on a cliffhanger, boiiiiii. Haha, soo guess what. We're baaack. Unsure if we're back officially, but hey, that's two updates in a while. Lucky you guys. We're actually planning a few things, nothing big so far, but stuff to actually get the ball rolling again! Hooray! If you guys enjoyed (Which I know you do because I READ THE COMMENTS) leave a like! I like comments, so drop one of those, too! Tell a joke or sumthin, I dunno, I'm hungry. I had a muffin.

Valby: It has been a minute, hasn't it? Sorry about that lol. And the we go and leave you on such a chapter ending. Guess you get to stew with this for a little while while we do our thing. Ahem

huuuuuuuuuuuggggggssssssssss!

SEE YOU NEXT TIME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 5K 70
"Uncompatible, incompatible, whatever! Point being...we're meant just for each other." Violette Cullen is plagued with being a freak amongst freaks...
24.7K 492 16
(Y/N) is being chased by a security guard and hides in Freddy's green room where they fall asleep. When they wake up, there are 2 other people in the...
82.1K 723 6
[Y/N] [L/N] was in the Galaxy Garrison alongside Lance, Hunk, and Pidge. She had come to this school with her best friend but she should've known tha...
3.9K 79 31
In a twisting tale of fate, a prophecy foretold there would be five warriors that would save the world. The Prophecy of the Five, they called it. Dan...