The Unorthodox Life of Aaliya...

By KlnCee

Aaliyah Marx is not a normal seventeen year old girl - she suffers the normal problems: Boys, money, school... More

The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (2)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (3)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (4)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (5)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (6)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (7)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (9)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (10)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (11)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (12)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (13)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (14)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (15)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (16)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (17)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (18)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (19)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (20)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (21)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (22)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (23)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (24)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (25)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (26)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (27)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (28)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (29)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (30)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (31)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (32)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (33)

The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (8)

35.8K 438 36
By KlnCee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I sat on the dock - swinging my feet and simply staring out at the ocean spread out before me and tickling the lavender horizon.

The sun was going down and a chill breeze swept across the waves - rustling my hair with it's gentle caress. I sighed and stared down into the churning water beneath my feet. I couldn't face going back to the house.

Back to Jessica, Jay, Danny ... or Kaden. How could none of them have told me? I mean this is pretty big - them all being werewolves. I sighed again and looked up when I felt a drop of water fall against my cheek.

I had walked out earlier - without letting Jessica or any of the others explain. Simply dropped from my window into those damned rose bushes and ran to the beach. My mind couldn't grasp the fact of ... Werewolves. I tried - I've been sitting looking out at the waves for over an hour now and ... I just don't get it? How can ANYONE turn into a wolf? It's not possible - it shouldn't be possible. So WHY was it possible!?

I sighed and pulled my box of cigs out of my bra. I lit up and pulled deeply. I was starving but I didn't want to go back to the house. I didn't want to ever go back to the house.

The rain started to lash down and I held my hand over my fag to stop it going out. I shoved the box with just three left, down my bra so they wouldn't get ruined, and sat there and listened. Not thinking. Just observing. Completely numb.

My own brother. Some sort of freak. What about Ty? Was he a werewolf too? He did a good job of hiding it if he was. That's when it dawned on me. Jessica was a werewolf - that meant girls could be werewolves ... Was I a werewolf?

Surely I would have shown signs of being a werewolf already. I couldn't be. I didn't feel any different than I normally did. I've never done or changed into anything out of the ordinary. The only thing NOT normal about me was my sleeping patterns- but they've never been normal.

I lay down sideways, staring out at the waves. I was lying as close as I could possibly get to the edge without falling in. Teetering on the damp wood. It pressed against my face and I inhaled the salty wooden smell and closed my eyes.

Just thinking. Where would I go? I didn't want to go back to a house of freaks. I loved my brothers but ... THEY WERE WEREWOLVES. And Mom ... Did Mom know? Was I over-thinking this? None of my family would ever hurt me. Jay was TOO protective if anything. Could I over-look this? I probably could.

But the more important question was would I?

-------

When I awoke it was still raining - storming actually. Lightning forked across the pitch black sky and I shivered. I was so cold. I must have fallen asleep on the dock. I sat up, looking out of the roiling black mass that had been a cool blue only hours before.

It was too cold to stay here. I had to go home. I started to get up, my back aching. The wind blew ferociously around me, threatening to sweep my feet from under me. I swayed and held my head in my hands for a few seconds. Drowning out the sounds of the storm around me. It was so cold, I was drenched to the bone and I felt seriously dizzy.

I trudged towards the beach, perilously close to the edge of the dock. If I fell off I would be lost to the raging water below.

I staggered home slowly. Not really wanting to go, but having no where else I would freeze if I didn't go there. The wind whipped my hair around me, it slapped against my face and when I reached up to touch my face I realised it had drawn blood.

I hung my head, watching and counting my foot steps. The rain lashed hard against my back, I squinted my eyes against the wind, rain and cold.

I almost sighed with relief when I drew onto my street about an hour later - the sky showed no sign of lightening for dawn and I had no idea what time it was. I stopped outside my house. The lights were on in the downstairs windows and I could see a figure pacing in the living room.

I stood outside, watching, the rain dripping into my eyes and blurring my sight. My head was pounding, my vision going in and out of focus. My fingers were stiff with the cold. I sighed and walked up to my house. Resting a hand on the front door knob, I took a deep breath and turned it, pushing it open.

Immediately I heard the footsteps stop their pacing. I hung my head, looking at my feet. Standing there dripping on the pristine floor. A violent shiver racked through me as the heat of the house enfolded me, it felt so good, my head felt clearer almost immediately but the throbbing headache remained. I gritted my teeth to stop them rattling.

"Did you find her? Why are you back? Where was she? Is she oka-?" His familiar voice cut off when he ran out of the living room into the hallway. I kept my head down and walked forward, my soaked shoes squeaking on the marble floor.

"Ali - do you have ANY idea how worried we all were about you? Danny and Jay are out looking for you right now! Where did you go?!" Kaden said, half angry, half relieved. I shrugged but he stepped into my path. Crossing his arms over his muscular chest.

I looked up slowly and glared straight back at him. His face turned from angry to horror when he saw my face.

"Ali what happened to your face? You're cut ..." He whispered. Reaching up to touch my cheek. I stepped back.

"Don't touch me."

"Ali ... what's wrong? I'm trying to help you! Your cut - what happened? Why did you leave? Is it because of what Jessica said? We can explain."

I merely shrugged and attempted to walk past him. Another violent shiver wracked through my body, I clenched my teeth again. He moved to the side to let me through and I gave him a wide berth - as if he would bite me.

He probably could. I can't believe I let him get so close to me in my room the other day. He could have bitten me. I wonder if you're bitten do you turn into a werewolf? Thank god it had been me giving HIM the hickey and not the other way around.

My arms shaking, I pulled my hoody and T-shirt from over my head. I kicked off my shoes and un-did the my jeans on my way to the kitchen. Leaving a trail of soaked clothes in the hallway.

I pulled a thick blanket from the hall closet and wrapped it around my shoulders, I didn't care that Kaden had watched me strip. I was too cold to care. I took my soaked underwear off under the blanket and shivered as the last cold article left my body.

I threw the ruined fags on the floor and finally felt myself begin to heat up. I switched the kettle on and sat on the floor, curled up in a ball in the thick blanket. I heard his foot steps on the marble floor and didn't even bother looking up when he entered the room. I felt numb. I was warming up but I didn't know how to handle this situation.

"Ali please. At least sit on the chair - I can explain all of this to you. Danny and Jay will be back in a few minutes." He pleaded with me, sounding genuine. I ignored him and instead sat up and turned the radio on. I walked over to the kettle and poured myself a cup of coffee - hoping to get some energy back into myself.

I heard a smash and turned around slowly, clutching my cup of coffee in one shaking hand, holding the blanket with the other. Kaden had put his fist through the radio.

"Damn it Ali - you're going to sit there and listen to what I have to say. What WE have to say." He growled, his eyes flashing dangerously. We? Just then I heard the front door bang open and two sets of running footsteps.

"Ali!" Danny and Jay cried in unison. Jay ran towards me to hug me and I stepped back, giving him a cold look. I repeated what I had said to Kaden.

"Don't touch me." He looked hurt and lowered his arms.

"Ali please, we can explain." He murmured, still staring at me. I was shaking again. But this time it was out of anger and not cold.

"Explain WHAT Jay? That you're a fucking wolf and you never thought to tell me? I tell you everything. What about Ty? Is he a werewolf?" I heard a snigger and whipped around to look at Kaden. His mouth was set in a hard line but his eyes danced with amusement.

"I don't find this one fucking bit funny you prick. You could have killed me fighting with HIM in my room yesterday." I stated coldly, jerking my thumb towards Danny. "And you owe me a new radio." I jerked my head towards the smashed radio on the counter.

"If you want music so bad - I'll sing to you." He smirked. "But first - you're going to listen to our explanation." 

He stared me down for a few seconds and I eventually sat at the table. The twins and Jay took seats across the table from me. I took a sip of my coffee - scalding myself. But it felt so good. I could feel the warm liquid rushing through me and heating me up slowly inside.

"Ali - I didn't want to tell you I was a werewolf because I didn't want you to get involved with all of this stuff. You had a chance for a normal life, I didn't want you wrapped up in this ..." Jay explained, his voice soft.

"You're my BROTHER Jay. I think I have the right to know that my brother's a freak."

Jay's eyes softened and I could see the pain reflected there at what I had just said - but there was no way I was taking that back.

"I'm sorry Ali - you're right, I should have told you. And Ty isn't a werewolf - he's too young, he might be when he's older. The change only happens when you're eighteen.

Wheels and cogs started turning in my brain.

"I'm eighteen next month." My voice steely cold and flat.

"I was hoping you wouldn't take after Dad and be normal." Jay whispered. "There's still a chance you won't be affected by all of this."

"AND WHAT IF I AM JAY?!" I shouted, jumping up from the table, almost letting the blanket slip. "I DON'T WANT TO BE A FREAK LIKE YOU!"

"Lets get one thing straight here Ali." Kaden interrupted, using the same flat cold voice I had a minute ago. "We're NOT freaks. You think it's just us three? It's HALF this damn town! It's half this world - we just like to keep to ourselves and for humans not to know about us. Your FATHER was one, you should feel privileged if you end up taking after him - which I highly doubt you will because I can smell nothing even remotely animal from you." He growled.

I grabbed the table and flipped it in my rage, sending it crashing to the floor. All three boys flinched.

"OUR FATHER WALKED OUT. HE WAS NEVER THERE. I'D HATE TO BE ANYTHING REMOTELY LIKE HIM!!!" I screamed. All of it was true - why would I want to be a lying cheater like my Dad? He was gone - where was he now? Jay probably freaked when he went wolf. Didn't know what to do. He had no one to guide him through it.

"Well if you DO turn wolf - you're going to have to deal with it for the rest of your life! You can't go BACK. You were born like this. There's no suppressing the beast within!" Kaden yelled back angrily.

My hands were shaking, my vision turning red. I walked straight up to him, drawing myself to my full height, which still fell a good few inches short of his six foot four.

"I'm not a wolf. I may be weird. My brain may not work the same as everyone else's. I might not sleep more than four hours a night and I may have excellent senses and vision at night but I am NOT a fucking wolf." I growled out lowly. Surely I would know if I was a wolf?

Kaden barked out a short humourless laugh. "Whoever said you were?! We said you MIGHT be. You might get UN-lucky and not be a wolf. And what a pity that would be because you'd make an excellent fighter." His eyes scanned downwards to where the blanket had slipped slightly, exposing most of my chest and JUST covering the bare essentials.

I copied his humourless laugh. "HA - lucky? Why is it lucky to have some dumb ass 'Alpha', or whatever the leader of the wolf pack calls himself, telling me what to do all the time? Isn't that a typical wolf thing?"

His face hardened and he grabbed my by the throat, holding me up off of the ground. Both Jay and Danny leapt forward but with a single command to keep still, both Danny and Jay froze - glaring at Kaden. So he was the alpha? Why else would my brother let a prick like him man-handle me like this, he had to be the 'alpha'.

I struggled to breathe and I could feel my face turning red. I grasped at the blanket - holding it to me tightly. He shook me slightly.

"You WILL respect the Alpha." He growled threateningly, his eyes misting to a dark red colour. Freak. I resolutely kept my face set in a hard mask, staring him down while he choked the life out of me. I would not tolerate tyranny in my own house.

I brought up my foot and kicked him in the crotch as hard as I could manage in my position. He howled in pain and I fell to the floor.

"Keep your filthy hands off me!" I spat. "I'm not a fucking wolf, and even if I was, I wouldn't take orders from YOU." I spat out the last word as if it were an expletive and with that I turned to stomp out of the room. I caught myself at the door however and without turning around I spoke - directing my words at Jay.

"Jay you're my brother and I love you - always will. Give me time to forgive you. But get that Alpha prick OUT of my house."

I ran upstairs, taking the steps two at a time, my muscles groaning from stress. My head was spinning - partly through rage and partly because of the whole werewolf thing.

I pulled on shorts and a tank top before flinging myself on the bed, completely drained. I guess that's what I get for sleeping half the night on the docks in the middle of a storm.

----------

When I awoke, the sun was shining on my face. It was the first time in years that I had awoken with the sun on my face and I hadn't been drinking the night before. I hadn't slept well anyway - nightmares kept me restless.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. My joints ached and when I sat up my head started spinning. I groaned and stumbled out of bed. My mouth felt dry and every inch of my body ached. It was as if my hangover was catching up with me. Which it probably was. I drank an awful lot of alcohol that night.

I ran a hand through the knotted mess on top of my head that was supposed to be my hair. My hand caught in the snarls and I yanked it back out - groaning. There was no way I was getting those out without washing my hair.

I trudged down the stairs, hoping against hope that the twins weren't here. I could NOT deal with Kaden right now.

I stumbled into the kitchen, yawning widely and shaking the mane that was my hair out of my eyes. I was pouring myself a glass of juice when I heard someone walk into the kitchen behind me. Followed by a second set of footsteps ... And then a third. Damned twins. Their own house was just twenty feet away.

I turned around sighing, then looked at the boys tiredly. All three of their mouths hung open.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer ..." I muttered taking a sip of the juice. It tasted bland. Like water. I wrinkled my nose at it.

"Ali - you look like shit." Jay pointed out. I shrugged as the twins nodded their agreement.

I shrugged and then croaked out, "Yeah well I feel like shit." I picked up the toaster - setting my juice down, and peered into the shiny reflective surface. My hair was a knotted mess, there were dark purple pastel smudges under my eyes, I was ghostly pale, my lips were chapped and my eyes were lifeless and dull.

I put the toaster down and stepped away from the counter. I coughed. A racking cough that hurt my chest and set my head spinning and myself into disorientation. My vision greyed and I grasped the counter tightly for support.

"Ali, you're sick - you need the doctor." Jay said sternly, walking over to me. I pressed myself to the counter - away from him. But this was my brother. I already said I would love him no matter what he was. I willingly let him pick me up and carry me out to his car, vaguely aware of the twins' anxious glances at my face.

"Guys will you mind Ty until we get back?"

Oh crap Ty. Today was Sunday.

"Oh no! Jay - I promised Ty that he could have friends over today. And Graham and Jessica were supposed to be over." I rasped, I cleared my throat and it set me off coughing again. I rarely got sick, this was bad.

"Ali they can't come over, you're sick. It'll have to wait until next weekend. I sighed. Time for the fake tears.

I stared up at Jay, my eyes wide - unblinking and my eyes started to water.

"Please Jay, Please. I promised him - and poor Graham, he needs to get away from his Dad for a while. He can't stay in that house. And Jessica - I have to apologize to her. Please Jay."

"Don't you DARE give me the fake tears Ali - you know what they do to me!" Jay groaned, looking anywhere but at my face. I kept on staring and eventually the tears flowed down my face and spilled onto Jay's arm as he strapped me into the front seat of the car. He looked down at his arm then slowly glanced up into my face and bit his lip, glaring at me.

"FINE." He turned towards the house. "Danny! If Ty wants his friends over you let them in or you go pick them up!"

"I'm not a freaking chauffeur!" I heard a strangled yell come from within the house. The sun shone down on us now, illuminating the damp grass and drying up the puddles from the previous night.

"JUST DO IT - I PROMISED TY!" I screamed back, my voice broke and I ended up in another coughing fit.

There was silence and then Jay hopped into the drivers seat.

"He didn't answer - go back in and tell him he has to do it before we go!" I rasped.

"He did answer - he said he'd do it. You just didn't hear him." Jay said, swiftly pulling out of the drive. I stared at him a few seconds. Must be some wolf thing ... This was really going to take some getting used to. Ten minutes later we had pulled up outside the clinic in town and Jay was reaching in to pick me up.

"I'm not FIVE Jay - and I'm not even that sick, just a bit tired." I bent over in a fit of coughing again. Jay sighed and stooped down, picking me up with ease. I laid my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes. I hate the smell of doctors offices. I had been in them enough - getting patched up from various fights and bouts of fisticuffs and what not.

I heard Jay speaking to the receptionist and then we were both sitting in one of the chairs in the waiting room. Me still cradled on Jay's lap.

"Jay ... I forgive you. I wish you told me but I forgive you."

"Thanks Ali ... I'm sorry for not telling you. I just didn't want you needlessly involved in all of this stuff - especially if you turned out not to be a wolf at all. There's still a possibility you won't be because we can't smell anything remotely animalistic from you - but then again, you never did have much of a smell."

"What do you mean? I do shower you know - so of course I wouldn't smell." I smiled and I felt his chest vibrate beneath my head and closed my eyes.

"I meant that every wolf has a certain smell - a scent unique to themselves. The same goes for every human - wolves differ from humans through scent because there is something ... that makes them smell more ... wild than a human. It's hard to explain. But there's no sign of this from you at all yet and generally you can smell it from anyone with wolf genes - even before they've shifted for the first time.

But even for a human - you've always had a very faint smell. You just smell ... fresh. Like sunshine and a cool ocean breeze fresh. That's why we couldn't find you yesterday. You having barely any scent and the rain made it even harder."

"Oh." I replied simply. Not knowing what to say to this boatload of information.

"All werewolves have good hearing, smell, sight. Enhanced senses in general. I know you have good senses for a human Al. I used to as well, but apparently I always smelled wolf."

"Does Mom know?"

"Of course - she knew Dad was a wolf and she knew that her kids might be too."

"You said you could smell if someone was a wolf - even if they haven't shifted yet. Is Ty going to be a wolf?" I scrunched my eyes tightly shut, wary of this answer. Poor Ty.

Jay sighed. "Yes, we're pretty sure he is. Ali - it's not some sort of curse - like you think it is."

I didn't answer him. A few minutes later I felt him get up and carry us into the Doctor's office. I only opened my eyes when I felt myself being laid on a chair.

"Hello - Ms. Banks is it?"

"Marx." I corrected him.

"Oh ... right - Ms. Marx then - what seems to be the problem?"

"I've just got a cough. I'm fine." I explained in short. Jay sighed and spoke up.

"She doesn't like doctors. She spent the night sleeping outside in the pouring rain and now she's got a cough - she feels a bit warm and she's weak. I think she might have the flu."

I sat in the office for another fifteen minutes while the doctor checked my breathing and blood pressure.

He frowned when he checked my heart rate though.

"This si so unusual... Your heart seems to be beating very fast." He noted. "And your body temperature is quite high - do you feel cold at all?"

"No?" I looked at Jay. He frowned and then a knowing expression fell over his features.

"Um Doc. If you could prescribe some cold and flu medicine - we're sort of late ... Got a flight to catch." Jay smiled and spoke in a persuasive tone. The doctor looked taken aback and I could feel the power Jay had over him. I could feel the order in his words.

"Yes. Sorry." The doctor apologized absentmindedly, scribbling out a prescription.

Jay smiled once more before picking me up and leading me out of the office. I struggled in his arms and pushed myself out of his grip, landing on the balls of my feet, I swayed for a second.

"Jay - what was that? What's wrong with me? I'm not -" I felt my throat close and I couldn't utter the word.

"It's more than likely you are - increased heart rate and temperature are signs the change is coming on - pretty soon. You generally feel sick before the change - like fevers, coughs, colds. Your birthday's next month. Once you shift for the first time - you're heart rate slows to about forty beats a minute and then your body temperature falls as well ... To about 90°." He explained. So I was going to be ... one of them. Could it really be that bad?

I mean it wasn't that bad. It was more the fact that Jay had kept it from me that made me angry. Did I mind being a freak? No, obviously not. For example - look at me now, I changed my appearance to what I thought was cool, disregarding the social norm... If I accepted being a ... werewolf - I could just get on with my life.

That's just me - over-thinking the whole situation.

I smiled at Jay and walked out to our car. He was confused by my sudden mood swing. No ... being able to change into the wolf would be cool - wouldn't it?

He sat in the car beside me.

"Ali ... I have to ask - are you PMSing or something? First you're pissed, then your sick, then comes pissed again, now you're happy ... and to be frank - I'm waiting for pissed again." He said, starting up the car.

"I've decided I want to be a werewolf. Being able to change into a wolf would be pretty cool. It's not like my life will be any different. I'll just be running around outside as a wolf during those hours that I don't sleep instead of lying on my bed and playing music keeping you awake." I grinned at him and he rolled his eyes. I laughed at his expression and it turned into a coughing fit.

I turned on the radio and sat back in the seat - utterly exhausted. That's what being sick did to you. I shot up when I heard what song was playing and turned the radio as loud as it would go, the whole frame of the car shook with the vibrations from the sound system and I grinned at Jay - nodding my head. He groaned and shook his head winding down all the windows.

I started laughing when I saw people from other cars staring at us like we were crazy. Did I say LIKE we were crazy?

I began screaming out the lyrics and soon Jay joined in.

"HONEY CAME IN AND SHE CAUGHT ME RED-HANDED, CREEPING WITH THE GIRL NEXT DOOR.

PICTURE THIS WE WERE BOTH BUTT-NAKED, BANGING ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR!"

I burst into a fit of coughing again, causing Jay to laugh at me and having to swerve dangerously to avoid someone's mailbox. I laughed at him through my coughs, doubled over and gasping for breath. He pulled straight onto our lawn haphazardly and we both leapt out, leaving the doors wide open - music blaring.

"But she caught me on the counter." I sang loudly, blasting it out with my powerful voice.

"It wasn't me." Jay joined in, laughing.

"Saw me bangin' on the sofa." I grinned. God I loved this song.

"It wasn't me."

"I even had her in the shower." I danced crazily on the lawn - Jay joined in and I could feel all the previous stress and anger just draining off of me.

"It wasn't me."

"She even caught me on camera."

"It wasn't me."

"She saw the marks on my shoulder."

"It wasn't me." 

"Heard the words that I told her."

"It wasn't me."

"Heard the screams getting louder."  

"It wasn't me."

"She stayed until it was over!" I finished my duo with Jay and started belting out a solo, he stood there - clapping like a maniac - keeping beat with the music. We really must have been a sight for sore eyes.

"Honey came in and she caught me red-handed, 

Creeping with the girl next door, 

Picture this, we were both butt naked, banging on the bathroom floor."

"I had tried to keep her 

From what she was about to see, 

Why should she believe me, 

When I told her it wasn't me."

I fell onto the lawn shaking with laughter - and seconds later I erupted into a coughing fit. Jay strode over to the car - switching off the radio and slamming the doors shut. Laughing the whole time, he scooped me up and brought me inside.

I noticed Danny and Kaden standing and staring amusedly out of the living room window. They always seemed to catch me at my worst. What was wrong with me? My image was slipping ... In front of two of the people where it mattered most! Normally I wouldn't have let anyone hear me sing - or see me naked. Or have an emotional breakdown ... Or being protective over a kid I barely knew just because he was in an abuse situation. Or ... Well a lot of things. I slipped up a lot around them. Not that it mattered ... I mean I don't like either of them ... Their opinion doesn't matter to me.

I sighed loudly as Jay placed me on the couch.

"Now Ali - STAY. You might not be SICK, sick - but you're still not well. So your having an ice-cream and movie day with Jessica. I'll keep an eye on Ty and his friends." Jay ordered me.

I clenched my fists and glared at the blank television. Poor Jessica ... I should have been there for her when she got home yesterday ... Not moping on some stupid dock getting sick.

"Jay seriously - I can look after the kids ... and Ty. I put up a fuss for them to come here - the least I can do is watch them for the day." I argued.

"Ali - when a wolf is coming up to their first shift - there's no other way to describe it ... But it's like PMS for a girl." His cheeks turned a faint red as he said this. "You get sick, and your emotions are screwed up. We BOTH know you already have zero tolerance for ANY kids that aren't Ty and your anger level has been hovering at about minus ten for the past few days." He grinned as he counted the reasons off on his fingers. I frowned and picked up a cushion - firing at his head. He ducked easily.

"See?"

"Jay you won't be seeing anything for a while if you don't stop annoying me." I growled. I clapped my hand over my mouth. My voice sounded feral and vicious. He raised an eyebrow giving me an 'I-told-you-so' look.

I pointed my finger towards the door with a hard frown on my face and he chuckled, leaving.

I sighed, unfurling my fingers and kneading my throbbing temples with them. I didn't have anger problems did I? I knew I had no patience or tolerance for kids but did I really have anger problems?

"You okay? Need a Panadol or something?" A quiet husky all-too-familiar voice asked. I started, not having heard him creep up on me. His voice sent shivers right through me.

I opened my eyes slowly.

"No thanks I'll be fine um ... D- K ..." I grinned apologetically - not knowing which twin he was. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"KADEN, get in here!" Danny yelled.

"Thanks Danny." He rolled his eyes again and Kaden skidded into view.

"What!? What's wrong?"

"She still can't tell us apart."

"Of course I can," I stated, I pointed at Danny, "Dick who blackmailed me with a topless photo" and then pointed the accusatory finger at Kaden, "Dick who grabbed me by the throat because he was having a hissy fit." Both boys looked ashamedly down at their feet for a second before hurriedly tripping over apologies for me.

 "Guys it's fine. With what I have planned for ye, what ye did to me will look like child's play." I said casually, smirking at the two of them. Any who, even if I could tell the difference between you guys, that would defeat the purpose of identical annoying twins." I muttered sarcastically, changing subjects. Both lads resolutely ignored the first half of my sentence and my vow to get them back while Kaden stepped up beside Danny.

"Spot the difference!" Both of them shouted with a smile, before becoming completely still and staring blankly ahead, at me.

I rolled my eyes and shifted myself onto my hunkers. They reminded me of the guards that stood outside Buckingham palace in London. Staring at both of them.

"At least this gives me an excuse to check you both out and for it not to be called perving." I chuckled. Neither of them moved - they didn't so much as blink. Yup, they were exactly like the guards. Not allowed move - blink - talk. They have just basically given me free reign to do whatever I want to them ... Am I really that evil? Simple answer - Yes, yes I am.

I stood up walking over to them. I stared both of them in the eyes. Noticing that Danny had a tiny fleck of black right above the pupil of his left eye, whereas Kaden didn't.

I studied their faces then. Both of them exactly chiselled to perfection. But what was that? I walked closer to Kaden, noticing a tiny scar under his right eye. Unnoticeable unless you were looking for it. It was just a pale jagged line stretching from the corner of his eye for about a half an inch.

I vaguely recalled seeing pictures of him, with that tiny slash and a bruised face. He had gotten into a bottle fight at a gig one night.

I walked around the back of them. Studying the both of them carefully.

"You know it would be so much easier to tell the differences between you two if you didn't have clothes on ..." Neither of them so much as breathed.

"BOO!" I screeched at the top of my voice. Still nothing.

I sighed, this was harder than it seemed it would be at first. "Yeah - there's nothing to complain about back here - everything is perfect." I grinned. Not even a twitch. They were tough.

I wandered out of the living room and into the kitchen to gather supplies on my quest to make them move. I picked up some flour - a carton of eggs - and some ice-cream.

I laid everything out on the living room table and glanced up, they stood stock-still, in exactly the same position. I grinned evilly when I heard a double gulp and Kaden's fingers twitched. I saw Danny's eyes flick nervously to what I had brought into the room.

I walked over to Danny lifting his shirt over his head - a slight smirk appeared on his face. If only he knew where this was leading ...

I did likewise to Kaden and then stripped them both of their shoes, socks and jeans. At this point there was a prominent smile on both of their faces. But it was frozen. I didn't see it happen - it was just there when I glanced up.

I turned around to grab the box of eggs. And when I looked back - both of their smiles had vanished. I grinned evilly. But I had to make sure they stayed put while I sabotaged them.

"Bet you're both too pussy to stay put long enough for me to do what I'm going to do." I smirked. A threat to their huge egos' would do it. I saw Kaden's fingers tense minutely and Danny's left eyelid twitched. I smirked again, picking up an egg in each hand.

I traced a finger over each of their identical eight packs ... licking my lips. And then I splatted an egg over each of their chests. Not even the tightening of a muscle was noticeable. I frowned. 

I wasted a whole carton of eggs on them and when I was done - they were both covered in slimey goo. I still had another carton to go but I decided to start on the flour. I dipped my hands in the bag and flicked it on them. Both of them squeezed their eyes tightly closed as I continued to flick it on them. I giggled, looking them over and whilst their eyes were closed I picked up Jay's phone from where he had left it on the coffee table - taking a few snaps.

Both of their eyes snapped open and I shoved the phone in my bra. That was the breaking point for them.

They both burst into action and words at once.

"YOU ARE SO DEAD-"

"DELETE THAT NOW-"

I merely laughed and flung myself on the couch, trying my best to ignore their washboard abs blocking my view of the TV. I screamed when both twins dived on top of me. My scream irritated my already wrecked throat and I burst out coughing again.

Kaden flopped down on the couch - pulling me onto himself and pinning my arms on top of him and under my back, entwining his legs with mine and holding me tight. I struggled but I was so tired from the night before and in my sick state I didn't get anywhere far.

His warm breath on the back of my neck felt so good ... I was ripped from my fantasising when I felt something cold and slimey splatter against my chest. I looked down shocked ... Only to feel another egg splatter against the top of my head. I closed my eyes tight as three more eggs hit me. I focused on anything else but the slime running off me.

I concentrated on the feel of Kaden's hard chest rising and falling quickly in time with his laughter beneath me. I focused on his smell - despite the eggs and flower all over him. I focused on the tingling feeling that shot through my arms where he had me pinned. And I focused on the distinctly hard member that was pressed into the back of my thigh.

My breathing became rough and I started coughing again.

"EWWW. Ali - that disgusting - cover your mouth when you cough!" I heard Danny shout. He was swiping at his face with his floury hands. I laughed and looked pointedly down at my arms - which were still being held behind my back.

He grinned.

"Oh yeah."

I struggled again, moving my hips from side to side. It seemed to have the opposite effect though ... 

"I know your not actually TRYING to turn me on, but it's working so keep going." Kaden smirked and laughed, his warm breath fanning across the back of my neck. I gulped and immediately froze.

A plan quickly formulated in my head. Danny saw my evil smile and sat warily on the couch opposite Kaden and I. I moved my hips slowly, back and forth. Sliding up and down on his lap. I heard his breathing come quicker and his heart rate sped up- I could feel it thumping against my back. I smirked wider and Danny shook his head - humour and a little of something else in his eyes ... Jealousy I think.

Since my hands were pinned beneath me ... And on his lap - I used that to my advantage. I started moving my fingers, gently brushing them up and down the inside of his thigh. I shifted my hips again so all of my weight was pressing down on his lap. I felt his member sticking into me, directly under my core now. His grip on my hands loosened and they slid to my waist.

I grinned and leapt off of him.

"YES! I am FREE!!" I screamed, coughing again, before running out of the room and into the kitchen. I heard Danny's laughter echoing around the hall behind me and running footsteps on the marble floor.

I dashed for the back door, yanking it open. Just as I was about to leap down the steps - I felt a pair of warm strong arms wrap around my waist.

"NO!" I screamed melodramatically as he dragged my back inside. 

"You can't just leave me in the lurch like that Ali." He whispered seductively in my ear.

"I can and just did." I muttered, crossing my arms across my chest. It took all of my willpower not to force him into a chair and continue with what I had been doing earlier.

"You know you want it as much as I do."

"Nope - I don't. Hey - and there's no blackmailing anymore, or that picture I got of you guys is going up around school." I smirked. His hands grew hard on my waist. He growled and stomped out of the room. I smiled in victory and was about to head into my room when he walked back into the kitchen, clutching his phone in his hands.

I pulled my eyes away from his edible body.

He stood right beside me as he flicked through his pictures - and coming to the topless one of me, I watched as he deleted it.

"Happy?" He asked dryly?

"YES!" I screamed, falling into a coughing fit again. Did I mention how I hate being sick? The funny thing is ... I can't ever remember being sick before in my life ... Not once.

He smiled, real emotion touching his eyes. I found myself leaning forward, towards those enticing grey eyes and sexy smirk. I could feel his breath on my lips and I closed my eyes ... Then pulled away and walked upstairs.

I couldn't do this. He was Kaden. My mortal enemy. Or immortal? I don't know - how long DID werewolves live? I sighed, throwing myself onto my bed. My head and chest ached.

I shut my eyes, no energy left in me, and drifted off to sleep.

When I awoke, I could vaguely hear the sound of kids screaming downstairs. I couldn't have slept for that long - maybe an hour. I heard a giggle drift from the corner of my room and I sat up straight - noticing how much better I felt. I still didn't feel right - but I was no longer coughing.

"Jessica? How long have you been here?"

"About a half an hour." She smiled, jumping up from where she was seated at my balcony door. I noticed that a fresh pattern of bruises adorned her arms and neck. I gritted my teeth.

"Jess look ... I'm really sorry that I freaked out the other day ... I just - well - it was more me being angry that my brother had kept this from me. I'm ... sorry." I admitted. I barely ever apologise sincerely.

I felt a hand on my shoulder - she had shot over to me faster than I could blink.

"It's okay Ali - I understand." She smiled and judging by her eyes I knew I had been forgiven.

"But before I fully become your friend again ... I have to know ... Do you have ANY music that isn't emo/rock?" She smiled teasingly and I rolled my eyes.

"I thought you liked Traitor? They're Rock/emo ..."

"I do - but they are one of two exceptions to my hate for rock/emo music in general. The other being Greenday."

"You know I just got to love you a whole lot more - they're two of my favourite bands."

"But besides that - I listen to chart songs."

"Oh don't worry - so do I, my obsession with rock music didn't start out by me liking rock music - it was so I could annoy Mom and Jay ... I'd blast it out of the speakers and lock the door ... And after a while I just learned to like it - and now it's my favourite genre, but I've still held onto my chart roots." I grinned hopping up from my bed. I grabbed a random CD from the huge rack that rested beside the stereo.

I put the CD in the player and was met by the familiar sounds of Paparazzi by Lady GaGa - Jessica grinned crazily. "I can tell we're going to be good friends." She stated the words I had thought on more than one previous occassion.Then she laughed, looking me up and down.

"Were you trying to bake or something?"

What? I reached up and recoiled from the hardened flour and eggs in my hair. I looked down, hardened eggs and flour covered my whole physique. I gagged, I must stink.

"Wait here." I told her, before running to take a shower. I was in and out in ten minutes. Fully dressed and feeling one hundred percent cleaner.

"You sick or you well enough to go downstairs to watch a movie - Jay and the twins seem to be doing a good job of minding all the kids and I think we need a bonding session, I've realized I'm here all the time now and we still don't know each other very well." Jessica said with a guilty smile, once I re-entered my room.

"How many friends did Ty bring over? I don't mind that you're here all the time, and I feel like I've known you forever." I told her as I turned down the music and grabbed the Hangover and a bunch of horror films from my stack of DVD's.

"Just three - the guys have their hands full though - first thing they did was give them coke and loads of sugary snacks." She said, choosing to ignore the last part of my sentence, but I could tell she'd taken it on board by the faint blush that tainted her cheeks.

I laughed and shook my head at their stupidity. You give the kids the sugar right BEFORE they go home so they drive their parents mental and not you.

I got Jessica to make popcorn and get whatever sugary food was left in the kitchen while I shut the curtains and put in the DVD.

She came back minutes later with armfuls of coke, popcorn, cookies and sherbet lemon lollipop dippers. Sherbet and I don't go so well together ... I get higher from sherbet than I do from weed.

I locked the living room door and turned off the light, settling on the couch.

"You better like horrors - Dawn of the Dead is up first." I grinned maniacally and Jessica gulped as I grabbed the two litre bottle of coke and downed half of it. I warily took a sherbet dipper as the opening credits came on. 

*****

I screamed loudly and jumped off of the couch. We were watching The Mist - the sixth movie so far - all of the other kids had gone home and Ty and Graham had moved upstairs to watch their own movie. The twins and Jay had joined Jessica and I in the living room.

I was currently nestled in Danny's lap. He stroked my hair softly while Kaden switched between glaring grumpily at the tv and Danny from the sofa. Danny had sat in between myself and Jessica on the loveseat and now all three of us were squished.

I let out another piercing scream as the giant bugs broke into the supermarket.

"Jeez Ali - calm down. You've seen this before, what's wrong with you?" Jay asked irritably when I screamed again.

"S-s-sherbet." I stuttered out. "Jay I know it's not good for me and I know it gets me higher than a kite and I know Mom doesn't normally let me have it but I NEEDED it Jay - I really, REALLY, really did need it. I needed sugar and Jessica brought it to me - so technically it's her fault but you know how much I like to eat mindlessly and watch films and I ended up eating four of the sherbets and I know I can't handle ONE but I didn't mean to and Oh My God. I just remembered Daisy! Have you guys been taking care of her? Joey! Did anyone feed Joey? Oh my god, he's still in Mom's room. Aggh JAY why did you give me SHERBET?!" I ranted in one breath, I felt hyper and I was rambling at a mile a minute.

"I'm sorry Jay, I didn't think she would get like this." Jessica apologised for the umpteenth time and I glared at her. I'm sitting right here?

"Ali seriously, I think you need to go to bed - let the sugar out of your system. And how is it MY fault that you had four sherbets?!" Jay said, ignoring Jessica's continued apologies.

"NO JAY NO! I want to watch the MOVIE! Of course it's your fault - I wouldn't have eaten the sherbet if there was no sherbet, but there WAS sherbet and the only reason there WAS sherbet was because YOU must have bought it because if you HADN'T bought it then there would be no sherbet and I wouldn't have EATEN four sherbets and I wouldn't be HIGH as a fucking KITE right now!"

"Okay Ali - take a deep breath." Jay yelled over everyone's laughter - I don't see what's so funny? Sherbet addiction is no laughing matter. Danny's chest rumbled underneath me ... I imagined what it would be like to lick cream from his abs. Yum.

But I don't like cream.

"Ugh, but I don't LIKE cream." I said disgustedly, turning around to look at Danny who stopped laughing and bore a confused look.

"What?"

"Oh I was imagining what it would be like to lick cream off of your abs but then I remembered I don't like cream." I shrugged and turned back around. Jessica's mouth was hanging open and Jay was struggling to contain his laughter - half amused and half angry at me.

Kaden just looked downright pissed off.

"What's up your ass?" I asked him.

He shook his head and focused his gaze on the TV.

"Seriously Kaden what's the problem? Would you like me to lick cream off of you too?"

He looked up, shocked, but I could also see the lust in his eyes and the answer 'Yes' on the tip of his tongue.

He smirked and instead said sarcastically. "Yes, how did you know?" Nice cover-up. I knew he wasn't being sarcastic though.

"Because I'm just THAT hot! EVERYBODY want's me - too bad for you though, I don't like cream." I smiled brightly, jumping off of Danny's lap and running out of the room.

I dashed straight into the kitchen and out the back door. Nothing better for curing a sugar rush than jumping in a cold pool at night.

I gasped as the icy water hit me. Immediately clearing my thoughts and seemingly freezing the sugar in my veins. I breathed out through my nose underwater, studying the bubbles floating up in front of me before surfacing and dragging in a deep breath of air.

I pulled myself out and tromped back inside ringing out my hair on the kitchen floor and walking back into the living room.

"Where did you just go? Did you - DID YOU JUST GO JUMP IN THE POOL?!" Jay yelled. Funny - I thought he would have laughed at me like the rest of them were doing. Instead he was furious.

"Yup."

"Ali you're SICK."

"Yup."

"So you shouldn't go jumping into freezing pools at night. Especially when you're sick!"

"Yup." I answered blandly.

"You have to clean my room for a week."

"Yup. WAIT NO. JAY no FAIR! I get it okay - no jumping in pools at night." I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. He chuckled and I glared at the twins who had started laughing as well. Jessica sniggered.

Her eyes were bright, her bruises had faded. She looked happier than I had ever seen her. Not that I had known her for very long or anything, but there was a new light in her eyes, one I hadn't seen before.

She noticed my staring.

"What - do I have something on my face? Oh my god is it a spider?! I HATE SPIDERS!" She screamed jumping up and swatting at the invisible spider on her face. Looks like I wasn't the only one experiencing the extreme effects due to high sugar levels in my system

I laughed and tackled her to the ground.

"JESSICA! There is no spider!"

"Oh - thank god. I was worried there for a second." She grinned again, I was amazed at how her chocolate eyes lit up.

"Nice." I heard a rough growl come from Kaden and Danny was just smirking at us.

I looked down at myself and Jessica and the position we were in.

"Perv." I growled, rolling off of her.

"Yeah and while you were 'busy' with Jem at the party - I got to see them do a WHOLE lot more than that." Danny smirked. Kaden threw him an annoyed glare.

"Um yeah - I've been meaning to ask you guys ... What exactly did I do that night?"

All three guys exchanged a look.

"Well ..." Jay started, grinning. I held up my hand - stopping him.

"Ah, ah, AH! I want either of those three to tell me. You were WAY more wasted then I was. You put on the freaking thong I bought you for fucks sake. RIGHT in front of me - technically it's your fault I got so wasted - if I wasn't so intent on getting that utterly HORRIBLE mental image from my brain I wouldn't have drank so much."

Jay blushed bright red and rubbed his hand on the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh yeah ... sorry about that ... But Ali seriously - by the end of the night you were much more drunk than I was."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever - so what happened ... ?"

"You got drunk and made out with me twice." Danny smirked.

"Achievement." I said, counting on my fingers. He raised an eyebrow and continued.

"You made out with Jessica here on the dance floor - I had to pull you apart." I glanced at Jessica who had turned beat red.

"Achievement." I held up another finger. Jessica looked at me liked I was crazy and I threw my head back and laughed. Danny continued.

"You got more drunk than I have ever seen ANYONE without passing out. By the end of the night you had at least a full bottle of vodka, tequila, two bottles of WKD and three cans on you."

"Achievement. No wonder I don't remember anything. I remember SOME stuff ... but after that I don't think I was aware I was conscious and actually half-ways functioning for a few hours ..."

"You made out with eight other guys."

"EIGHT!? Achievement." I grinned.

"You jumped in the pool after starting dancing with Jessica outside again after you made out for the first time. That's why you both woke up with no clothes on in the same bed ..." Danny grinned evilly.

"Meh ... Achievement. So the night wasn't a waste - nothing bad happened!" I glanced around grinning. Jessica was still bright red, Jay sat back, arms crossed, an expression of bemusement on his face. Kaden stared stonily at us.

"Aw, is poor baby sad that he missed watching the two hottest girls in town make out while he was off shagging some slut?" I asked in a mock-baby voice. He groaned and rolled his eyes, getting up from the chair and stomping out of the room.

Seconds later we heard the front door slam and Danny chuckled.

"Guess I better go to. We actually have a few upcoming gigs for the next three nights in a row. I'll talk to you guys." He sent Jessica and I a flirty wink as he stood up to leave. Jay got up to walk him out.

Jessica stood up too. "I guess I better be going ... D-dad will wonder where Graham and I have gotten to."

"Why don't you stay here for the night?"

"Um, that's not really - I can't - well-"

I cut her off sharply. "I insist, really - we'll bring you to school tomorrow."

"I'm working tomorrow ..." She said softly, her cheeks flushed, she looked down.

I ground my teeth. "Then we'll bring you to work - I insist you stay the night here."

"O-okay ..." She muttered uncertainly. "I'll just check it over with Dad ..."

Her eyes glazed over as she stared at something that wasn't there. I watched as her facial expression changed and she grimaced.

"We have to go - he's ordered us home. There's no resisting the Alpha's command." Jessica declared in an almost robotic voice.

"I know you don't want to be part of that pack Jessica - why don't you stay here? Why don't you become part of Jay's pack ... It's only him ... And maybe myself soon ... Or even BETTER - become part of Kaden's pack! We'll protect you if that's what your worried about."

Her expression cleared and she gazed at me, her eyes filled with tears of gratitude.

"You'd do that for me?" She whispered. I nodded.

"Of course Jess ... You're one of my friends now. I protect all of my friends." I declared, a vicious edge entering my voice.

She broke down on the couch beside me, sobbing into my shoulder. She stopped after several minutes and we sat quietly for another fifteen before I broke the silence.

"So? Do you have to go tell Kaden ... Or what happens?" She shook her head slowly.

"Ali - I can't do this, what about Graham? He hasn't shifted yet. My father still has full custody over him. He can't just leave - you could be charged with kidnap."

"GO. TO. THE. COPS." I enunciated every syllable perfectly. How many times did I have to tell her?

She shook her head sadly, her eyes wide, and looked down.

I stared at her. What was the big problem going to the cops? Of COURSE her father was probably threatening her with something ... But what? Her life - I highly doubt it, she would've risked that for Graham. She would have disobeyed her Father for Graham.

But no ... There was no disobeying the Alpha.

"He ordered you not to go to the cops didn't he?"

"There is no resisting the Alpha's command." She stated simply. Her words cut through me like the edge of a sharpened knife. Did I really want to be part of a society where I would be bossed around like this? Look at Jessica - look what it's done to her. Taken away her free-will. Doomed to the hell-hole she has called home for the past seventeen years of her life, just because she was ordered to.

"Then I'll go for you."

"No - Ali. He will hurt you."

"What is my lazy older brother and his good-for-nothing-friends - twins for?" I grinned. She smiled back up at me.

"I have to go home Ali - I really do. Let me know when ... When y-you're going to the cops." She whispered the last part before running upstairs, seconds later she returned - a half-asleep Graham in her arms. I smiled at them both and a few seconds later I heard the door slam.

I had to go to the cops tomorrow. Jessica and Graham could stay here - I'm pretty sure The twins could pull a few strings from their reasonably high rung on society's ladder. Jess and Graham wouldn't need to go to a foster home.

But there was only one small problem, and she knew nothing of any of this. I just prayed she would agree and go along with this. Mom would be back tomorrow. And you could be sure that she would be VERY angry for being tricked to fly all the way to New York.

Continue Reading