The Weasley of Slytherin: The...

By Juuzou13131313

One day a child mysteriously appears at the doorstep of the Burrow with only a blanket and a pocket watch. Th... More

Chapter 1: New Begining
Chapter 2: Letter to Hogwarts
Chapter 3: Curious Wand
Chapter 4: Platform Nine and Three Quarters
Chapter 5: Harry Potter
Chapter 6: The Train
Chapter 7: House Sorting
Chapter 9: Fights and Flights
Chapter 10: Sneaking out
Chapter 11: Midnight Chase
Chapter 12: New Broomstick
Chapter 13: Troll Problems
Chapter 14: The First Match
Chapter 15: Flamel
Chapter 16: Christmas
Chaoter 17: The Mirror
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19: The Second Match
Chapter 20: Norbert's Flight
Chapter 21: Into the Forest
Chapter 22: Finals
Chapter 23: The Trapdoor
Chapter 24: Keys, Chess, and Wolves
Chapter 25: End of the Year

Chapter 8: The First Week

7K 275 210
By Juuzou13131313

Quick note here, since we are in Slytherin, and mostly because I'm lazy, I'm going to ignore the fact that classes usually only consisted of two houses. This is just for my convince, I'm sorry if you don't like this but it just makes it a lot easier for me. Alright see you guys laters I hope you're enjoying this.

The entire hall was silent. No one was clapping. I felt as though I'd been slapped in the face. Slytherin. I was sorted into Slytherin.

What were Mum and Dad going to think? What about my brothers? Slytherin?

"Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall's voice called, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Would you kindly take your seat now."

I nodded. My mouth was bone dry. I shakily got out of the stool and made my way over to the Slytherin table, looking over to my brothers and Harry at the Gryffindor table.

Only Fred and George were watching me. Percy had a look of disgust on his face, looking away quickly upon catching my gaze, and Ron was staring to intently at his plate, one would think it had sprouted a head.

At that point Dumbledore had risen to a podium to give a speech, not that I was paying any attention. I was too lost in my own thoughts.

Then, as if by magic, food appeared in front of me, not that I had any appetite. I just sat there staring down at my plate, my mouth feeling like sand paper.

How was I going to tell Mum and Dad, what was I going to do. I felt sick to my stomach. It wasn't long before the food that so suddenly appeared, disappeared just as quickly.

I still felt as though I was going to be sick when Dumbledore retook his spot at the front of the hall, and gave a speak to them, not that I was paying much attention to it.

And before I knew it I was heading out of the hall, looking longingly at my brothers as the ascended the large staircase, while I was relegated to walk down to the dungeons.

"Well well well look who it is." A voice sneered at me as I entered into my dormitory. "A Weasley in Slytherin, who let this blood traitor in eh?" Malfoy sneered at me.

"Lay off it Mouthoff." I told him glaring at him and his two goons.

"What are you going to do (Y/n)? Make me?" Malfoy said with a laugh.

"You better hope I don't." I growled at him. Malfoy's two goons took a few steps towards me menacingly.

"Oi break it up over there." A voice said as a girl walked over. "Don't make me get Snape."

This seemed to deter Malfoy, as he looked at the girl, before pushing past me into the dormitory.

"Thanks." I muttered to her.

"What's you're name?" She asked me.

"Er (Y/n)." I told her.

"You're the Weasley boy?" She asked me curiously. "The Weasley in Slytherin."

"Yeah that's me." I told her glumly.

"Look don't worry about it too much, I'm sure you'll find the sorting hat made the right decision." She said to me with a smile. "Just try to make the best of it."

And with that she walked away, leaving me with my thoughts. She was right, there was nothing I could do about this, the only thing I could do was make the best of a bad situation.

It took me a while to fall asleep but when I finally did I was plagued with nightmares again, which once more evaded me as I woke up.

I got dressed hastily, heading down to the Great Hall in time to catch the mail. I saw The family owl fly over the table dropping a letter for me from Mum and Dad.

However before I could open it Professor Snape come around handing out time tables. He was a tall man, with greasy black hair that fell into his cold eyes, with a hooked nose.

I don't know why, but for a split second I thought I had seen him somewhere before, but almost as soon as it had come it was gone.

"Stupid muddled up brain." I muttered to myself before tearing into the letter.

(Y/n) how are you doing dear? Have you moved in fully? We hope you are doing well, Ginny has been asking about you.

Fred and George have told us you were sorted into Slytherin, just another one jokes I'm sure. Well congratulations on making Gryffindor. Write back soon.

Love, Mum and Dad.

I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes, which I swiped at viscously as I got up quickly and rushing out of the Great Hall.

"Hey (Y/n)! (Y/n)!" Hermione's voice called to me as I rushed out of the Hall.

"What?" I asked her a bit more viscously than I meant to, causing her to take a step backwards. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, I just thought you wouldn't want to interact with a Slytherin."

"Why would you think that?" She asked me.

"Because you're in Gryffindor, we're supposed to be enemies." I told her, as I started to walk down one of the hallways, with Hermione following behind me.

"So? That doesn't mean anything." She said told me. "That's just the house you're in."

"Yeah well when have you ever seen a Slytherin be friends with a Gryffindor?"

"(Y/n) we've only been here one day and you're already making broad generalizations, it doesn't matter what house you're in." She said to me. "Now I'm going to class."

And with that she had turned around and walked up a staircase. I stood there for a minute thinking about what she said, before following her up the stairs.

During the walk to transfigurations I found out a fair bit about her, while I shared a fair bit about myself as well, and by the time we had reached the classroom we were laughing like friends.

"Take a seat anywhere you'd like." Professor McGonagall said as we entered the classroom. The two of us were some of the first students to arrive.

It only took a few minutes however for the classroom to fill up, and before long there were only two seats empty.

Professor McGonagall had already started the lesson, and transfigured herself into a cat when Ron and Harry barged into the room out of breath.

"It's a good think McGonagall isn't here yet." Ron said, just as she transformed back from a cat appearing before them.

"Woah." Was all that escaped Ron's lips.

"The two of you are late, you'd better take your seats before I transfigure you into a clock." She told them sternly.

"We're sorry Professor we got lost." Harry explained to her.

"Well then perhaps a map would be better, now please take your seats."

The lesson was very interesting to me, as she had us trying to turn matches into needles. Hermione's was the only one at the end that managed to achieve this, but I'm proud to say my match did turn a metallic colour.

After that there was charms which wasn't terrible, although we didn't get to do much magic today.

For some reason it felt as though Ron was trying to avoid me, I think it was just bad timing though.

"There's our little Slythie brother." Fred said upon seeing me.

"Always knew you had a little dark side to you" George joked, before they pulled me into a hug.

"Don't worry about it though." Fred told me after letting me go. "Just enjoy your time here."

"Yeah doesn't matter you're not a Gryffindor, you're still our brother." George told me.

I nodded at this, grateful I still them by my side. It made me feel a lot better about my situation.

The rest of the week went pretty quickly, I had Herbology in the greenhouses, which was alright, we worked in the greenhouses looking after magical plants.

They also had Defense Against the Dark Arts, which a lot of people were excited for. It was so much more boring than it should have been. Stuttering Professor Quirrell had managed to make an interesting subject so lifeless.

And then there was history of magic, where the ghostly Professor Bins droned on and on about goblins and trolls, stuff you'd think would be interesting. But it wasn't.

Before long it was Friday, and I had the afternoon off. All that was before that was double potions, which I was actually looking forward too.

When I got to the dungeons I found I was one of the first ones there, taking a seat next to Hermione.

It wasn't long before the entire class had arrived and Snape entered dramatically into the room with a flourish of his robes, before reaching the front of the room and turning rapidly towards us.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking," he began, his voice barely louder than a whisper, yet seeming to reverberate around the entire room.

"As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses...

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death — if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." His eyes darted to each of us before lingering on me for a moment before moving on.

I leaned back in my chair, and watched, while Hermione on the other hand was sitting on the edge of her seat.

"Potter!" Snape snapped. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

I hoped Harry would know this, as it was directly from the textbook. Hermione's hand next to me shot up into the air.

"I don't know, sir," said Harry.

Snape's lips curled into a sneer.

"Tut, tut — fame clearly isn't everything." Ignoring Hermione's hand. "Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

I could see that Hermione was practically stretching out of her seat.

"I don't know, sir."

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?" Snape said, still ignoring Hermione's quivering hand.

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

At this, Hermione stood up, her hand stretching toward the dungeon ceiling.

"I don't know," said Harry quietly. "I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?"

A few people laughed, at this, although Snape looked angry at this.

"Sit down," he snapped at Hermione. "How about we try someone else then. Weasley?"

Ron's face went as red as his hair, as he opened and closed his mouth silently, much to the enjoyment of the rest of the class.

"Not you Weasley I didn't expect you to know, the other one." He sneered turning to me.

"Er well asphodel and wormwood would make the Draught of Living Death right, and a bezoar is a sort of stone thing from the stomach of a goat. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant aren't they?" I said, glad I had found the textbook interesting.

"Well at least one person seems to have a brain here. One point to Slytherin. And Potter that's one point from Gryffindor for your cheek."

The rest of the lesson wasn't too bad. For me at least, I worked with Hermione and we managed to make a decent cure for boils, which even earned another point for Slytherin.

However the same couldn't be said for Gryffindor, as Neville had managed to melt a hole in the cauldron, causing their potion to slop out onto the floor, and all over Neville. Angry red boils started to spring up everywhere the potion had touched his skin.

"Idiot boy!" snarled Snape, clearing the spilled potion away with one wave of his wand. "I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire?"

Neville whimpered as boils started to pop up all over his nose.

"Take him up to the hospital wing," Snape spat at another Gryffindor. Then he rounded on Harry and Ron, who had been working next to Neville.

"You — Potter — why didn't you tell him not to add the quills? Thought he'd make you look good if he got it wrong, did you? That's another point you've lost for Gryffindor."

I could see that Harry clenched his fists, and looked as though he was about to say something before Ron kicked him under the table.

...

"That was so unfair of him! How'd he expect you to know that!" Ron complained as we exited the dungeon at the end of class.

"I dunno Ron maybe by reading the textbook?" I said to him joking like we usually do.

"Yeah well of course you'd say that." Ron spat at me glaring, I actually staggered back slightly when he said that.

"What's that supposed to mean Ron?" I asked him, confused as to why my own brother was treating me like this.

"Course you'd do anything to defend your little Slytherin friends wouldn't you." He said to me harshly.

"Probably gonna go laugh with them now aren't you? About how much of an idiot we are."

"Ron..." I said, hurt that my brother was treating me like this.

"So why don't you go run back to the dungeons you Slytherin git." He spat turning and pushing me backwards.

"Ron!" Hermione said outraged, but I'd already turned to leave at this point running back down to the dungeon, where my brother thought I belonged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 12 15
After months of abuse from his friends, and Years of abuse from his muggle family, Harry Potter finds himself in the arms of Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. S...
78.6K 3K 30
(Y/n) Weasley, starting to feel disconnected from his family, is staring his fourth year at Hogwarts, and with that brings new adventures, new threat...
20K 332 12
This did start out as an OC, but you know, people want reader stories. I did it in first person POV, let me know and maybe I'll change it. I just kin...
109K 1.8K 18
Looking back Draco telling his father that he was dating y/n Weasley was not the best choice he made. He lost everything but along the way he gained...