I am The Heiress and I Hate It

By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Aleandria Monroe is a pretty simple girl. Living on her own since her parents' death and working on an ice cr... More

I am The Heiress and I Hate It
Chapter 2: Living in a mansion with a kind flirt and an annoying arrogant player
Chapter 3: They are the school's 'It' boys. No wonder.....
Chapter 4 - A date in the carnival
Chapter 5 - Bringing back what we had before
Chapter 6 - Behind the curtains of cockiness lies sadness
Chapter 7 - Operation HDK: Help Darren Knight
Chapter 8 - I can balance a tray but not books!
Chapter 9 - I am the heiress
Chapter 10 - Stuck in the moment
Chapter 11 - I just discovered something!
Chapter 12 - Are you ignoring me?
Chapter 13 - Little kid in the mansion
Chapter 14 - Friends
Chapter 15 - I don't like you
Chapter 16 - He's an ass, but I like him anyway
Chapter 17 - "Happy holidays!" , more like, "Happy HELLidays"
Chapter 18 - Merry Christmas!
Chapter 19 - Darren, Me and the unexpected kidnapper
Chapter 20 - Is this goodbye?
One - shot contest!
Chapter 21 - Can't lose him
Chapter 22 - Promise
Chapter 23 - Boyfriend
Chapter 24 - British Twins
Chapter 25 - Trust Issues
Chapter 26 - The Wrong Turn
Chapter 27 - The Wilderness
Chapter 28 - Perfect Two
Epilogue
An Author's Note
Sequel
Dangerous
I need your Favor!
Bonus Content: Are you sure?
Bonus Content Part Two: Our Happily Ever After

Chapter 1: Expect the unexpected

10.7K 182 15
By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Chapter One

My story begins on one hot Saturday afternoon. I was wiping a table in the ice cream shop where I work as a waitress, silently cursing why little children keep on spilling their ice cream all over the tables. I'm not complaining since this is my job. To clean their mess. But seriously? Do they know how hard it is to remove all of those sticky things on the tables? Clearly, they don't. Life sure is tough. It's hard to tell if an ice cream is the solution for a person's financial problems. Yes, I'm not talking about the ice cream on the tables. I'm talking about my sucky life.

"Lea, another order over her!" Erin, my co - worker, yelled over the counter.

Erin is one of those few people you don't want to mess with. She can be too loud when she's furious. And today, I'm not lucky enough to be on her good side. She's having a bad day for some odd reason.

I walk over to the counter and grab the two orders of vanilla ice cream. Skating over to table seven, (Yes, this ice cream shop still has those roller blades for waitresses) I placed the orders like how I normally do. It isn't an easy job to be a waitress. Sometimes, you have to control your emotions for the sake of having a good tip from the costumers. And right now, if I showed the lovely couple in front of me of how ungrateful I am with their appearance, It might affect my performance and get fired.

"What's the matter Lea?" The annoying voice of the one and only Vanessa Carter filled my ears. "Tired of being a waitress?"

You see, I have a very complicated history with Vanessa. Not only is she the meanest girl in school but also the girl who stole my crush. She's also my former best friend and she's not oblivious of the fact that I'm having a huge crush for Yvan Crawford. The next morning, I woke up finding that they're dating and Vanessa's fame sky rocketed leaving me behind her ashes. And no. I'm not happy about seeing them together here. It annoys me that she can see my misery. He out of all people can see my misery.

I spun around ignoring Vanessa's unworthy. But before I can even skate at least two feet away from their table. Vanessa stopped me and poured down her one dollar worth ice cream. Of course. This would happen to me. I mean it's my lucky day after all.

The cold soft thing slowly goes down my face. All I could do right now is stare at her in disbelief. I can't believe that this witch did this to me. I look over to Yvan's direction and hell, he is suppressing a laugh. What a jerk. I regret fantasizing him.

Before I can even do something, the bell of the store rang.

My eyes landed on a group of men all dressed in black suit. They didn't mind everyone's stares. All they did was scan the room and look for a certain someone.

I'm scared. They look scary. And to top it off, they look really weird. I mean, who would ever wear a suit in such place? This is an ice cream shop for crying out loud!

Their eyes keep on searching the room. That made me a little nervous. Finally, the leader's head stopped on my direction.

I can't see his eyes for it is covered with his black shades. But I think he is in his late seventies. His hair is gray and almost white. He started walking.

At that moment, my heart started on beating frantically. Worried that I did something very unjust to have a group of men in black suits eyeing me like crazy.

When he stopped, I held my breath.

"Are you Aleandria Monroe?"

"Y-y-yes" I stuttered.

I think whatever message he have for me, It's a bad one. I really have this bad feeling lingering inside my stomach.

"You are the heiress." He said.

An heiress? That's next to impossible! Oh I know, Is this the lottery thing I signed up last week for the giant cotton candy? If this is a prank, let me tell you what, it's not funny." I hysterically said.

Who would believe that? I'm a waitress. I wear an apron with stains, chocolate syrup on my socks and a stupid vanilla ice cream all over my face! Who would believe that I'm an heiress. That is just stupid. I'm just a simple girl who wants a simple fucking life!

"Miss Monroe, we are not playing a prank. We are telling the truth." he casually said.

"Still not believing. I'm not going to fall in such stupidity."

Yes, I'm quite stubborn. No, I'm the most stubborn person in the universe. How the heck will I be an heiress when I know I'm parentless. My parents died years ago leaving me alone in an apartment. And money? Every single cent was spent for our debts. If I'm an heir to anything, it'll be a shitload of shits.

"Well you left us no choice." he ushered the other guys at his back to come forward and whispered something to one.

And the next thing I know, I'm a flying waitress with vanilla ice cream on my face.

"Hey! Put me down! I still have a life to live!" I shouted.

Where on earth would they bring me? The men threw me in a car. More like a limousine.

"Fuck it! Where will you bring me?! I'm an ordinary waitress in an ordinary ice cream shop trying to have an ordinary life and the next thing I know-"

And the next thing I know somebody stole my very first kiss. The guy pulled away and left me hanging there like a crazy person.

"There. Now you're quiet." he said as if it was no big deal.

"That's not a very nice act Darren." another boy inside the car said.

Both boys are just around my age. They were really handsome. The boy who kissed me who's name is Darren has a blond hair styled in the Edward Cullen way. It also has faint brown color but it is so light. And his eyes, he has a pair of sky blue eyes. His skin color is in between pale and tan. And did I mention that you could almost see his muscular body against his outfit? Heck any girl would love to be with him. And there goes the other guy. He has a brown hair. A pair of honey brown eyes. And like Darren he has a muscular body. He's also pale - tan. And, he looks like the kind of flirty boy. But he must be kind.

The brown haired guy turned to me and smiled. He reached a box of Kleenex tissue. I gave him a questioning look. But then I remembered that I have a vanilla ice cream on my head.

"Oh right." I muttered. I grab the tissue and wiped my face. Stupid bitch. I could never ever forgive her for doing this to me.

"I'm Glacier Monte." The tissue boy introduced.

"Aleandria Monroe."

"Nice meeting you." he said.

"The same."

I eyed the other guy and waited for a simple 'my name is'. But nothing. I got nothing. Nah! Don't waste your time in such an arrogant guy Lea.

"Darren." Glacier called out.

Daren raised his left eyebrow. Then Glacier pointed at me using his eyes. I don't get their signals, but Darren seemed to get it.

"Darren Knight."

So that means that. Wow.

In that kind of face, a girl would beg for him to be with her. But not me. I'll kick that fucking bastard in the chin for stealing my first kiss. And I did.

The next thing I know he has an icepack pressed to his 'private' part. Serves you, JERK!

"Damn woman, how can you kick so hard?'' He asked in pain.

"It's called, nobody can steal a kiss from Aleandria Monroe even if how hot you look like." I said.

He smirked and said,"So you find me hot?"

Urgh!!!!!!!!!!! How can he piss me off like this? "Do you want another kick?"

"Oh you can't do that. For all I know YOU like me."

Dumb ass. Arrogant. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "And how did you know that I like you?"

"Well, didn't you just confessed by saying your question just now." his smirk got bigger.

Lea, please be careful on what you have to say. What I did is I just didn't talk and diverted my attention to something else.

This arrogant jerk is getting to the bottom of my nerves. How could he make up something out of my words? Urgh.

The limousine soon entered a very big golden gate. Inside was a big golden mansion. Wow. I have never seen such thing in my whole life. The mansion is really big and it almost look like a palace. And there's also a white fountain with a girl holding a pot. The chauffer opened the door and held it out for us. Glacier got out first followed by Darren, then me. Once we entered the house, I can't help but gawk at the sight beneath my eyes. This is too big to be considered as a foyer. Maybe three limousines can fit in here. There's a grand staircase at least ten feet away. There are two hallways which I don't know where do they lead on both sides of me.

Then, an old lady maybe in her sixties went down the stairs. She got a flawless skin in her age. she has a short blond hair that is similar to my father. But the only difference is hers got white hair on it. She came to me and smiled.

"You look exactly like your mother. Thus, you also got something from your father." she said.

I don't understand. How did she know my parents? She held my hand and said, "Aleandria, I am your grand mother. I'm Meredith Monroe."

So the guys a while ago are saying the truth I am indeed a heiress. We all headed to the living room and there she explained me everything. My father disobeyed my grandpa and grandma and got married to my mother. My Grandmother likes my mother but my grandfather don't. So my grand father threatened dad. If he did not take over the company and left my mom, he'll ask his men to kill my mom's family. Dad don't want that. So what he did is he ran away from my grandparents along with mom.

On the day my parent's died. My grandmother promised my parents that she will take care of me. But my grandfather didn't. So what my grandma did, she left me to the landlady of the apartment I'm staying at. Yearly, she adds some money to my parent's bank account the one I'm using. And then, last month, my grandfather died because of tuberculosis. And so my grandmother started looking for me. Because I am her only family. I am the heiress. As much as I hate being rich, I don't like to leave my granny. I'll make sure that I will never leave her. 'Cuz she's right. She's my only family....................... and that's how I became the heiress.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 64.3K 57
Arabella Heatherway, the youngest daughter of the most successful lawyer Gabriel Heatherway and his beautiful wife Blair Heatherway. And the youngest...
196K 6.3K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
221 26 11
Beautiful Anna Prescott got her heart broken by her boyfriend of 5 years who decided he didn't love her anymore and was going to marry his childhood...
5.2M 176K 60
[This story is unedited and is full of mistakes. It will be edited in the future] Ethan Monroe, 26, not your average billionaire Playboy. Work and fa...