As the game ends

By Marietably

[This is a self insert fanfiction shipping myself with Dimentio who's origins are from the game Super Paper M... More

Info
Good night jurney

Familiar Unfamiliar

86 0 2
By Marietably

Previously:

After being defeated by the pure hearts, Dimentio was stuck unconsciously floating in his own dimension. Now after a long slumber he finally woke up and after questioning his situation for a mere second immediately plans a comeback show.
On the other hand a young woman named Marie broke out in an argument with her brother over the question if Dimentio, her favorite character and villain of the game Super Paper Mario was actually evil or only had good intentions.
Ending the argument that was getting more and more heated by insulting each other she went to bed earlier then usual, only to after having a rather weird dream  be woken up by loud playing static on her TV.
She went to turn it off but suddenly as she reached for the off button.

A hand.

Static.

And then. Void.

Everything was dark.

Or, well, maybe not dark in the traditional sense. It wasn't pitch black, rather everything was light red, maybe even orange. The kind of glow you see when you close your eyes and turn your face to the sun.

Marie was laying in a plain, huge field of grass, that was surrounded by a forest. The sun was warming up her skin while a light spring breeze flew by, seemingly intentionally trying to help her out to not get overheated. She was laying not directly under but near a single, lonely tree in the middle of the field.
On the tip of her fingers she could feel the blades of grass that tickled her skin ever so gently and aside from the birds tweeting their wonderful little melodies and the wind rustling the leaves of the undersized tree standing near her, everything was quiet.

The whole scenery was very calming and relaxation flowed through Marie's body as she was laying comfortably in that cozy spot of grass.

Suddenly the silence was broken and Marie tensed up a tiny bit in caution as she heard little footsteps approaching her.
The steps didn't sounds heavy by far and it seamed like the creature coming closer was slightly jumping to get to her faster and not trip over themself in the process.
After a little bit a voice was heard, tho that voice was definitely anything but pleasant to listen to. It was a kind of voice that would be associated with a migraine if you heard it at first. Aside from how dreadfully annoying it sounded there was also a speck of worry in the tone of the creatures words.

„Erm... Miss ?... are y- are you.. alright ?"

It seemed like the creature was panting a bit from running over to Marie and it sounded a little anxious, maybe even afraid ? Or maybe shocked ?

Marie opened her eyes but immediately shot up in shock with a yelp escaping her mouth, accidentally budding heads with the Toad that was leaning over her head and trying to wake her up.

Contrary from what would be expected, budding heads with the Toad was actually quiet unpleasant, as it gave her a light headache, making her rub her head which the Toad was mirroring to make it's own headache feel better as well.

Whats going on ? Am i dreaming ?
This can't be real, right ? I must be dreaming.

Marie thought for a moment and continued rubbing her head until suddenly stopping everything she was doing as she realized what she was doing at that moment.
How does she feel pain if this is just a dream ?
Is she going insane ?

Her speechlessness quickly turned into panic and she turned to face the Toad, suddenly gripping it's shoulders and looking deep into it's eyes with pure seriousness.

"Where am i ? How'd i get here ? What the hell is going on ? Are you even real ?!"

She started tugging on it's cheeks to see if the little being in front of her was an actual, living, breathing, real Toad talking to her but she slowly stopped as it told her that she was hurting it.

Being startled by her reaction it took the Toad a little bit to speak again but seeing that this situation will not get resolved if it stayed silent it pushed through the shock and spoke.

„Oh gee... you must be so confused. To be honest i have no idea what to do..I just saw you falling from the sky and- and.. i couldn't just do nothing so i- so i went to check and you were just laying there and-.. oh gee.. oh no.. erm...I..."

Picking up the pace with every word in a very distressed way, the small mushroom looking creature started pacing up and down trying to think of what to do as Marie just sat there in pure shock of her current situation and spacing out. At that moment her mind was holding her hostage and she was trying to comprehend the setting she seemed to be stuck in right now. And what did the Toad say? She fell from the sky ?

Finally the shroom snapped with it's fingers and had an expression on it's face that seemed to have an idea. The Toad looked at Marie and smiled, trying to give of a reassuring presence and holding out its small hand in a welcoming way.

"I think i know someone that might be able to help you ! Just come with me !"

Marie thought for a second. Should she really go with this Toad?

Maybe this is just a dream and i will wake up in my bed any second now ?
But what if not ?
could it be a coincidence that i felt pain when this is supposedly a dream ?
If this is not a dream, how am i even here ? how does that work ?

This makes no sense.. what do i do ?

So many questions were spiraling around her mind like a heavy tornado, bringing chaos into her head and ensuring that she would not be able to clear her mind anytime soon for now.
The only clear thing right now was that she would have to make a decision and even tho she was plagued by confusion and started feeling a bit dizzy she decided to follow the Toad, to hopefully get some help on the situation.
Slowly she stood up, now feeling a bit of pain in her back making her bend over for a brief moment and placing one of her hands on the spot of her back that was sending out the waves of pain. One more sign that this could not be a dream.
She arched her back, listening to it cracking a few times and took one deep breath as a last attempt to at least clear her mind a little bit. But to no avail.

How did i not die from that, what seems to have been a long fall ?

She questioned in her head one last time before slowly starting to leave that big field of land she woke up in. The little guy on her side was holding her hand and taking her out of the open, guiding her down a path through the woods, like a little kinder gardener wanting to show her something he build with building bricks, feeling ecstatic pride.

The small journey through the forest was quiet. No one was talking but Marie didn't mind that, not just cause her mind was going crazy but also because she couldn't help but stare in awe at the beautiful flora and fauna around her. Never has she ever seen such a lovely little forest and if it weren't for her present state, she would love to just sit down under a tree and listen to the wind dance around the leaves of the trees, close her eyes and relax.

After that bit of walking she could see another opening of the forest. Was this an exit ?
It looked very bright and not much could be seen from her perspective, since the brightly shining sun made that exit look like the entrance to heaven and no matter how hard she tried, she could not make out what was hiding in the light.

Finally exiting the forest it took her eyes a small moment to get used to the bright light again but after she did she couldn't keep her mouth closed as her jaw dropped along with her eyes widening, staring at the building in her sight in pure shock.

It was a cute, little, wooden home with white wood frames and a big, red roof. Over the Dark door with green accents hung a big wooden sign and written down in all capital letters it said „Mario"

This- this is the house of the Mario brothers !

Is this really happening right now ?
Am i gonna meet them for real right now ?!
This has to be just a dream right ??

Metaphorical smoke was pouring out of her head as she took some time to comprehend the present once again. She just stood there speechless and anxious about actually going to be able to talk to Mario and Luigi until Toad snapped her out of that state.

"We're here ! I am sure they will be able to help you, they always know what to do."

As Toad was saying that, he was pulling Marie with him and stepped in front of the front door waiting a tiny moment before knocking on it. Not long after, the door was quickly opened and an energetic looking Luigi was looking at them with a surprised expression.

"OH! Hi Toad ! What brings you here today and who is your friend ? I don't think i've ever seen that person before. Is she from abroad or something ?"

Luigi spoke in a welcoming and curious tone, smiling at Toad and Marie in a carefree way. It seemed like he was very happy with getting unexpected guests, even if one of them is a complete stranger. Maybe there wasn't much happening before.

„Yeah- about her.. I think she might need some help from you guys. You see, I'm not really sure where she is from.. Maybe it's best for us to come inside so Mario can hear this too ?"

With one simple nod and a quick „ok" Luigi stepped aside, gesturing for them to enter his home and closing the door behind them once they came inside.

The interior of the little home was very cozy. The furniture was kept rather simple and all made from wood which contrasted nicely against the white stone wall.

Next to a big wooden shelf, in the far corner of the room was a metal heat oven and some spare firewood laying next to it. The round, chunky table in the middle of the room was mostly empty aside from two coffee cups, one red and one green standing opposite of each other and a pot between the two.
On a flat dresser near the entrance of the house were a few photos of past friends and a pot with flowers.
All in all the room gave of a warm and welcoming feeling.

Sitting on a chair that stood next to the chunky table was Mario who now curiously looked over at the two people stepping into his home and his brother closing the door.

"Hello Toad ! Can we help you with anything or did you just want to visit ? And who's your new friend ?"

Mario said smiling calmly, standing up from his chair and going over to Toad and Marie.

"Toad said that she might need our help ? They didn't mention anything else tho"

Luigi chimed in from the background, now going over to Mario to stand next to him and listen to what Toad had to say.

Authors note:

I abandoned this Story for a while and i'm sorry ^^"
I just didn't have any motivation and some problems to face. But i wanted to return to this project really badly.
I hope you can accept my apology and that you enjoyed this chapter.
You may still need to be patient with me when it comes to writing this story, tho i try not to have you wait for another 2 years haha ^^"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 7.9K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
799K 29.8K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.8M 60.2K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...