STARRY EYES ⎯ BRIDGERTON

By Paris_El10

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ STARRY EYES ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ [ You were there when I needed someone ] ❞ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥIn which... More

Starry Eyes
act. one
002. Tea Party
003. Girl Talk
004. Kiss Ass
005. Decisions
006. Black Sheep
007. Sickness and in Health
008. Worst is yet to Come
009. No Matter What
010. New Addition
011. Grief
012. Recovery
013. One Thing After the Other
014. A Little Too Late
015. Time will Tell
act. two
016. Here we go...Again
017. Reunited
018. Deja Vu
019. Letters
020. Sneak Glances
021. May the best man Win
022. Secret Date
023. Gossip
024. Happiness is a Butterfly
025. The Vronskys
026. Revelation
027. Betrayed
028. No means No
029. Conflicted
030. Big Question
031. Ultimatum
032. Marriage
act. three
033. The calm before the Storm
034. Awkward Conversations
035. Set the Trap
036. Whose side are you on?

001. Thornharts

13.4K 309 35
By Paris_El10

~Thornharts~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The Thornhart family was a powerful family throughout London. Francis Thornhart, also known as Lord Thornhart, was The Marquess Thornhart. He was known for his bravery and courage in keeping the community safe and out of harm's way. Lord Thorhart took his job seriously, so much he rarely had time to spend time with his pregnant wife and young daughter.

Rachel Thornhart, also known as The Marchioness Thornhart, was a sweetheart. The opposite of Lord Thornhart and his cold exterior. She cared a lot about her community and helping her husband the best way she could. Lady Thornhart prayed every night for her husband's safety whenever he had to leave aboard. Not only was she an amazing wife, but an amazing mother as well.

Athena Thornhart, also known as Lady Thornhart, was the only child of the Thornharts, well....for now. Even though she was fairly young, Athena always wanted to make her father proud and cared a lot about his opinions. She was excited about the new edition, wanting nothing more for the baby in her mother's stomach to arrive so she can play the role of big sister and protect them as much as possible. 

The Thornharts were a force to be reckoned with. Anybody who knew the family, knew not to mess with them. But with so much power came with so much grief. The Thornharts were not exactly united as one would assume—no, from the outside looking in, they were the perfect family, a noble husband, a respectful wife, and a smart daughter. But from the inside, they were a broken family. Soon enough, their facade will slowly break and everyone will see how broken the Thornharts truly are.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The family of three sat by the fireplace as the storm was beginning to form outside. The clouds once white, becoming dark gray—almost black, the occasional rumble of thunder was heard throughout the Thornhart home. The heavy rain pattering against the windows.

The man of the house sat in his usual seat, reading the newspaper that was brought to their home that morning. His wife sat closer by the fire, spending time with their daughter knowing soon enough, she wouldn't have time once the baby had arrived.

"You know." Rachel started as she rubbed her huge belly, watching Athena draw. "I thought about some names."

"What would those be?" Francis asked, not bothering to look up from his newspaper.

"If it's a boy, I was thinking Apollo."

"Really? I was thinking more of Francis Thornhart the second."

"Of course not. I did not spend 40 weeks just to name our child after you." Rachel rolled her eyes at her husband's outrageous idea. She loved her husband with all her heart but over her dead body would she name her child after him. "And for a girl, I was thinking—"

"Rachel, my dear, we are not having a girl." Francis sighed, setting his newspaper to the side and stared at his wife.

After her usual checkups with her doctor, Rachel had found out she can no longer have any more children. This was her last pregnancy and Francis wanted to make it count. He needed someone to pass down the Thornhart last name and he would hate to have another girl be added to the mix. It had to be a boy, it just had to.

"Francis, you never know. I have a gut feeling it's a girl."

"Well, your gut feeling is wrong. We are having a boy and that's final." Francis stood up from his chair and started walking out of the living room. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my office."

Rachel frowned as she watched him walk away. She didn't like the man he was turning out to be. He cared more about passing down his last name than caring about the baby that was growing inside her. Rachel knew, in her heart, she would always care for her kids, she didn't care about the titles or their last names, Rachel only cared about the well being of her kids.

"Don't listen to him, he's just becoming a grumpy old man." Margaret voiced out as she brought Rachel some tea. "I'm sure he'll be happy once the baby arrives."

"I'm not too sure about that." Rachel thanked Margaret for the tea as she took a sip. "He's very adamant about the baby being a boy. I'm afraid of what he'll do once the baby arrives." 

"Don't stress too much on it dear, we need to keep you relaxed, it's not good for the baby."

Rachel nodded her head, drinking more tea before placing it on top of the living room table. "Athena, what would you like? A baby brother or a baby sister?"

Athena looked up from her drawing and gave her a toothless grin. Athena was only 8 years old but knew so much for age. "I would like a sister, someone who I can play dress up with."

"I'm glad to hear that sweety." Rachel smiled at her daughter, seeing the glint of excitement in her eyes. She was glad not every Thornhart thought the same.

"Now that you've finished your tea, why don't we bring you upstairs and run you a bath. I'm sure you're awfully tired." Margaret gently took the cup out of the pregnant woman's hand and placed it on the table. "Athena, why don't you run upstairs, I'll have Rose run you a bath as well."

Nodding her head, Athena got up from the floor and rushed upstairs. Leaving her pregnant mother and caring nanny downstairs. Rachel carefully stood up from her seat, when suddenly a sharp pain coursed through her body, immediately sitting back down.

"The baby's coming!" Rachel managed to say as she grabbed her stomach in pain.

"Oh, dear. Joseph, help me bring Lady Thornhart to her room!" Margaret yelled, trying to soothe the pregnant woman who was shaking from the pain. "We have a baby to deliver."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"You've got this Lady Thornhart. One more push, come on." Maragret calmly spoke, seeing how far along she was. "I see the baby's head."

Drops of sweat were covered throughout Rachel's body. She honestly forgot how painful it was to deliver a baby and she was glad this would be her last moment in doing so. She tried to stay calm, focusing on pushing her baby as quickly as possible for their sake but the pain was unbearable, the pain only seemed to increase the more time went on. The poor woman screamed in pain as another contraction went through her body. 

"Just like Lady Thornhart, you can do this." Margaret encourages the young woman.

The sound of a crying baby filled the room, another life was born. Rachel sighed in relief, tears running down her face as she saw a glimpse of her baby. After months of waiting, the long hours of labor, Rachel got to meet her baby.

Margaret cleaned the baby with a wet towel, while also trying to soothe the wailing child who was yet to stop crying. After managing to clean the baby up, Margaret had managed to look at the baby closely confirming the gender of the child.

"Congratulations Lady Thornhart." Margaret smiled, passing the baby to the mother. "The baby's beautiful."

Francis couldn't hold it in anymore. He had spent hours in front of the door, waiting for Margaret to let him in or at least tell him that his wife and son were alright. But the more time went on, the more frustrated he was. Without thinking twice, Francis burst through the door, watching the scene in front of him. His beautiful wife covered in sweat and tears, holding the baby in her arms. Francis walked closer to his family, getting a clear view of the baby who was now sound asleep.

"So, are we naming him after me?" Francis asked looking at eyes who stared back at him with an unreadable expression.

"It's a girl, Francis." Rachel quietly spoke. She looked away, afraid to see his reaction to the news.

Many emotions circled through him as those words echoed through his mind. He was hoping for a boy, someone who was going to pass down his last name, to make him proud, to become just like him. He wanted a boy, not a girl.

"There has to be a mistake, maybe you didn't see correctly." Francis shook his head, there was no way his last child was a girl.

"I may be old but my eyes have yet to deceive me." Margaret sternly told the man. "Your second child is a girl whether you like it or not."

"This can't be Rachel. We can't have a girl." Francis ignored the old woman as he ran a hand through his hair. "Our last child can't be a girl."

"I'm sorry love but she's beautiful and she'll be an amazing addition to the family." Rachel tried to reason with the man, the baby had no fault in this situation. "I'm sure once you hold her, you'll change your mind."

Francis immediately shook his head. "I don't want to be near that thing."

Margaret huffed, sick of the man's attitude. She was in disbelief with what she was hearing, the way he spoke, the way he acted, it disgusted her. Instead of consoling his poor wife and making sure she was alright, he was adding more distress than relief.

"If all you're going to do is complain, you might as well leave. You're stressing the poor woman." Margaret pointed to the door, slowly walking to the side of the bed.

As the door slammed shut, tears ran down Rachel's cheeks once again, this time, for different reasons. Holding the baby tighter in her arms, Rachel tried to control herself. She knew how much Francis wanted a boy but she didn't expect him to act like this. Rachel was disappointed in the man she married, she wanted nothing more than to stop the pain she was feeling at the moment.

"Don't listen to that man, he doesn't know what he's talking about." Margaret wiped the sweat and tears from Rachel's face. "Why don't we think of something more important, what will you be naming this beautiful girl."

Rachel looked down at the baby and caressed her cheek. The baby looked so peaceful, unaware of the darkness that lurked around her. She was in her own little world. Rachel smiled, immediately thinking of the perfect name that suited the little one.

"Persephone. She'll be named Persephone Thornhart." Rachel looked at Margaret who nodded her head, loving the name already. "Throughout the darkness that lurks around her, she won't fear it, she'll thrive, become stronger."

"An Angel between the darkness."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

! Author's Note !

─◌✰್ I am so excited to finally start this book. It's been in the works for a while but I decided to finally release it!

─◌✰್ I would also like to say that this book isn't going to jump straight into season 1 of Bridgerton. Act one is solely based on Persephone and her family, of course James will pop up but not as much.

─◌✰್ Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment. Enjoy♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 6.6K 31
Delilah has never truly had a good relationship with anyone. Her father had made it no secret that he did not want her and had not paid her any care...
857K 19.4K 46
∾✧。MORE ۵∾ ❛AND ALL THE THINGS THAT WE DREAM ABOUT THEY DON'T MEAN WHAT THEY DID BEFORE I JUST WANNA GET BACK TO US CAUSE WE USED...
78.9K 2.3K 9
{CURRENTLY REWRITING} ▬▬ GUNS AND ROSES. ❝ people do understand the language of the heart, you know, even if the head does not always comprehend it...
26.5K 677 34
"Uh oh, I'm falling in love Oh no, I'm falling in love again Oh, I'm falling in love" by 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘵 { her love story will start in seaso...