Mr. Billionaire's Lovely Wife.

By hijab_khan

"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with t... More

Introduction.
Character Asthetic.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Author's Note.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Author's Important Note.
Updating Days.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
An important note.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Dual P.O.Vs? Bookstagram?
Chapter Thirty-Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Dual P.O.Vs?
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two.
Chapter Forty-Three.
Instagram.
Chapter Forty-Four.
Chapter Forty-Five.
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven.
Chapter Forty-Eight.
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One.
Chapter Fifty-two

Chapter Twenty-Nine.

4.3K 139 9
By hijab_khan

He furrows his eyebrows as he scans my face. I can't believe I just asked him that, but maybe he didn't hear me properly. If that's the case I could just make something up quickly.

"What did you just say?" He finally asks.

"I... well, uh...," Turns out I'm dumb. I can't do anything right. I can't even make anything up on the spot.

"Do I kill people?" He takes a step toward me. I suck in my breath.

"Come on, Marilyn. Why would you ask me such a question?" He takes another step towards me, a smile forms on his lips and the traces of anger start leaving his eyes.

He keeps walking toward me until there's little to no space left between us. Now, this is something that I didn't expect from my boss. But here he is, just inches away from my lips. What is he even trying to do?

He raises his hand and cups the side of my face.

"Hm?" He asks. He's expecting an answer from me. He needs answers. What am I going to tell him? 

"I just heard yo-," He places his lips on my forehead, catching me off-guard. What the fuck?

Aren't we at work? He's my boss. What is he trying to do?

"Let's take a break." He whispers against my ear, sending chills down my spine.

That's when it hits me. He's seducing me so that I can forget about everything like he did that night.

Well, Aiden Hayes... you may think that I'm the same stupid Marilyn that you married a few months ago but you're quite mistaken. I may be a little dumb but I'm not that dumb.

I step away from him and fold my arms across my chest.

"Why?" I demand. He tilts his head and I see the lust in his eyes. No way, he's not going to seduce me today, not at this moment. I'm already hurting so much down there, and I want my damn answers.

"Oh come on, you know why." He tries to take me in his arms but I take another step away from him, which is very difficult because even though my mind is telling me to keep on stepping away my heart and my body are betraying my mind in every possible way. Oh damn.

"Aiden, we need to talk." He rolls his eyes at this.

"What is there to talk about?" He asks.

"We need to talk about some things that are going on and you know what's going on so don't you dare try to play dumb." I don't know where this courage is coming from but right now I feel so damn powerful, I'm not even afraid that he might choke me to death or anything.

"We'll talk later. Get out of my office now." His expressions change in a millisecond and before I know it, he's back in his seat. 

Did he just tell me to get lost? A minute after telling me that he wanted to take a break with me? What the hell?

Another thought struck me as I leave his office. What if he's just using me now for his needs? Oh my god, no. I mean he's the one who's been sworn off woman since god knows when and then suddenly he got a wife and he decided to not give a shit about her but then he decided that he should give a shit about her and finally decided to...

What the hell am I even thinking? This makes no sense at all.

I don't even know what kind of man my husband is. his mood changes so damn fast that it scares me sometimes. 

I enter my cabin and close the door. With my heartbeat going off the charts, I dial his number.

He picks up on the fourth ring.

"Hey, Marilyn. What's up?"

I don't even bother to say hi and ask him how he's doing. I am desperate to get to know the truth right now.

"I need your help."

*

"I guess you do know the situation in which Aiden and I got married." I look at him and he nods.

"Well, yeah. Of course. Why, did something happen?" He asks me, I nod.

"Is he cheating on you?" Just as I open my mouth to say something he cuts me off and asks again.

"Uh... no. I hope not." Dang. I shouldn't doubt my husband like this. I'm already doubting him enough. Or maybe he cheating on me? What he's killing people and cheating on me? That would kill me.

"You're his best friend. And I know that you know everything about him, things that I don't even know about." I start the little speech that I had prepared beforehand. He leans his elbows on the table and looks at me intently.

"I want you to tell me what Aiden is up to." I close my eyes in frustration. I forgot what I was going to say next. Shit.

"What do you mean?" I open my eyes. It's done now. I can't remember anything.

"Well... I mean, I heard Ai-,' No. No. I can't tell him that. He'll definitely tell Aiden. Ah shit. 

"William, I'm telling you something but you have to promise you won't tell Aiden." I look at him and pray to God that he won't see through me.

"I think someone is keeping an eye on my every move and I think I'm in danger." I don't give him a chance to even assure me that he won't tell Aiden and blurt out whatever comes to my mind.

"Wait, how do you know that someone is targeting you and not Aiden?" He asks, I raise my eyebrows.

"Why would anyone target Aiden?" I ask him. He looks away from me, then back at me.

"He's a big businessman, of course, people will try to bring him and his family down." 

Fuck this. He's always going to have his best friend's back and I'll have to die in ignorance.

"Who's Andrei?" William nearly chokes on his own spit upon hearing me, he looks at me his expressions clearly depicting the shock he is in. Then his eyes travel from me to something behind me.

His eyes widen as he spots something. Or someone.

"What is it?" I ask him. He doesn't reply, instead, he stands up swiftly. I stand up too and turn to see what got him so scared.

"Why are you asking him, Marilyn? Shouldn't you ask me? "

Oh fuck. I'm dead.

____________

Author's note

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well and enjoying life.

Sorry for the delay in updates and all. I'm thinking of setting days for the updates, when do you all have time to read on Wattpad? Do tell me so that I can plan the days on which I'll update accordingly.

Also, I think this chapter, wasn't it. But so much is going to come next, so stay tuned.

Thank you for keeping up with this book, it really means a lot.

Until the next chapter.

Love, H.K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 56K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
1.5M 46.4K 46
"Jellyface" A deep voice stopped me. A deep sexy voice if I may add. My body straighten up. My mind went blank. I wait for what happen next. "You can...
372 21 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
273K 4.6K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...