May Blossom High

By Omah_nwodo

> Grasping the railings, my hands tremble with bittersweet emotions. I'm uncertain if subjecting myself to th... More

Characters/ aesthetics(1)
Characters/aesthetics(2)
Kendalls Pov (1)
Kendalls Pov (2)
Emma's Pov (3)
Emmas Pov (4)
Kendall's Pov (5)
Jessica's Pov (6)
Emma's Pov (7)
Emma's Pov (8)
Kendall's Pov (9)
Kendall's Pov (10)
Emma's Pov (11)
Emma's Pov (12)
Kendall's Pov (13)
Kendall's Pov (14)
Emma's Pov (15)
Emma's Pov (16)
Kendall's Pov (17)
Jessica's Pov (18)
Emma's Pov (19)
Emma's Pov (20)
Kendall's Pov (21)
Kendall's Pov (22)
Einsteins pov (23)
Emma's Pov (24)
Emma's Pov (25)
Third party Pov (26)
Eric's Pov (27)
Jessica's Pov (28)
Kendall's Pov (30)
Emma's Pov (31)
Emma's Pov (32)
Third party Pov (33)
Kendall's Pov (34)
Kendall's Pov (35)
Emma's Pov (36)
Emma's Pov (37)
Third party Pov (38)
Einstein's Pov (39)
INTERMISSION (40)
Kendall's Pov (41)
Kendall's Pov (42)
Einsteins Pov (43)
Emma's Pov (44)
Emma's Pov (45)
Jessica's Pov (46)
Third party Pov (47)
Kendall's Pov (48)
Kendall's Pov (49)
Emma's Pov (50)
Emma's Pov (51)
Third party Pov (52)
Einstein's Pov (53)
Kendall's Pov (54)
Kendall's Pov (55)
Third Party Pov (56)
Emma's Pov (57)
Emma's Pov (58)
Landon's pov (59)
Mindy's pov (60)
Yvonne's pov (61)
Third Party Pov (62)

Kendall's Pov (29)

47 18 3
By Omah_nwodo

We climb the stairs to my porch in silence, King is behind me making sure I don't trip or have another attack.

It's been so long since I had an asthma attack that I didn't deem it necessary to carry an inhaler with me. I'm so grateful to King for rescuing me back there.

My hands tremble as we make it to the front door, tomato sauce fills the air noting dinner will be ready soon.

"Thanks for getting me home, can we not say anything about tonight to my mum, we're not in a good place now?" I plead, his tender eyes watching me.

"I understand your fears but she's a nurse and I think it's best she knows in case of further complications"

"There won't be any complications, this attack was a one-time incident, Jess was being inconsiderate"

"When was the last time you had an attack?" He asks.

"I can't remember_"

"Exactly!" He interrupts. "Kendal, what I saw you experience this night doesn't seem like a one-time something. Maybe for tonight but it likely has been garnering, and does it have to take someone infuriating you to have another attack?..."

I bite my lower lip, he's telling the truth but I still can't tell Carmen about it. We're in a very bad place since discovering about my late brother Prince. She never thought to apologize to Jordan and me. She still regards us as kids who can never understand her reasons and I swear I won't give her room.

"What did she say to you?... Jessica Caurie. I thought you guys were friends?"

"We were until she began these ceaseless accusations" I sigh. "I don't wanna talk about it, King."

"Of course, I'm sorry to hear that. It's just, I know how difficult it is to handle an obsessed lover"

"What?!... Jess obsessed?..." I ask curiously.

"Isn't it obvious? She's so obsessed with Landon Brookes. That's why she's acting up towards people she thinks are a threat to her relationship"

"H...how did you_"

"There's no other reason best friends will fight each other if a guy isn't involved."

Oh God, everything is getting so messy and this isn't what I planned my teenage life to be.

"How do you know she's obsessed by the way? Have you been like that before?" I enquire.

He chuckles lightly.

"No, let's say I was once a victim of an obsessed lover back in junior year. I didn't think it was a big deal when she began quarreling with all my friends, from little altercations to huge fights that finally left me lonely and friendless. Yet she wanted more from me, more than I had. I began to despise her lying possessiveness. It got so bad that the thought of seeing her in school became scary" I watch as King squeezes a dry leaf with his foot, deep in thought.

"But I didn't want to seek my parent's famous help in my petty high school drama." He laughs dryly.

"Why? They'd definitely wanna help"

"Yeah, they would. But to my mum nothing was free. Everything was publicity to her. She would've done a high school reality show about my ugly experience and cast me in the show. I didn't want that, I'm done airing my whole life on camera. I grew up with little privacy so I cherish the little I can get"

"Oh, no wonder you don't like public display of affection" I chide him.

"It's not my thingy. I love my privacy, we don't know the value of it till we become famous. Publicity can destroy your mental health in a matter of months if you don't take care, of the tabloids, paparazzi, and stuff. You may not understand me"

"No, I do. But did she ever follow you down here?"

"You mean my narcissist ex?"

We both laugh.

"Yeah, did she? I mean since she's so obsessed with you, switching schools shouldn't deter her.

"Talk about moving to a different continent. She's in the Philippines"

"No way!!" I scream, chuckling.

"Yes way"

"No wonder you find it difficult to get into a relationship. You're being skeptical about it"

"You can put it that way dear, but the funny thing is... It's not that way with you Kendal. There's this force continuously pushing me towards you, it's unimaginable. I can't seem to get a hold of myself I just feel the need to be around you. To see your smiley face all the time. I do like you Kendal" he confesses, then pause to hear what I've got to say but I'm mute as a mule.

"You... You don't have to give me an answer today. Take your time alright?" He assures.

It's obvious I'm blushing all over, my only solace is the darkness around us, at least he won't notice my red face at all because if what I'm feeling now is the true definition of love, then it's what I've always thought it'd feel like. Like bolts of electricity around my belly, dragging through my heart and soul only that I pictured Landon as the one proposing.

Before we parted ways, I already decided what my answer would be to King because it would mark the end of all the verbal and physical assaults on me because of Landon.

The first face I behold as I step into the warm lit room pushed away all the beautiful incidents outside.

"Mikey you're home?!!" I cry rushing into his arms.
He moves back in reflex stretching out his long arms to stop me as I stumble.

"Oh well, what a nice warm welcome" I sigh pulling off my canvas.

"How are Dorothy and the baby? Did she tag along?" I ask but he ignores me and makes his way to the living room.

"Mum, you're back early?" I almost accuse. She only returns early for reasons best known to her.

"What's that supposed to mean young lady?" She asks, rummaging through the kitchen cabinet. I intentionally ignore her.

"Hey! She's talking to you" Mikey yells from his seat.

I turn and look at him surprised. "And you're one to talk" I sigh.

"Who was that boy with you at the porch?... Is he your boyfriend?"

"Uh don't start acting like you're dad, it's too late for that already," I tell Mikey.

"You say what To-boy?!"

"Don't call me that again Mikey. My name's Kendal, K-e-n_"

"Shut the fuck up I know how to spell!" He thunders from his seat.

"Then why the hell do you still find it difficult to pronounce it? I don't need you or anyone else lording over me okay?"

"I'm still talking to you T, I'm your elder, at least some respect will suffice" he stands, moving closer to me.

I begin to laugh hysterically. Is he joking or something? He's barely here and he's already claiming some respect, for what?

"For what exactly?... For leaving us the moment you could?... It's too late for that Mikey but if you need to exercise your authority then go to your freaking family!" I scream wiping the tear on the left side of my face.

"Kenny!!" Carmen calls standing between us. She hands me a set of breakables to help rinse but I dump them on the counter, not excited about a happy family dinner tonight.

My chest still hurt from the events and constant heaving. I do light massages on them to relieve some pain.

All my thoughts are jumbled up, starting with Jessica and her allegations. And to think my emotions keep failing me at every point, whenever I have myself to defend I go mute. All the words I was unable to let out end up hurting in my chest.

It might be asthma related but I'm sure it's way more than that.

I pick up my laptop and begin to delete every message on my diary, every damn thought I've ever had and written down.

I can't believe she went through my secrets, my private thoughts. Thoughts that were only meant for me. I feel so shallow now. Maybe Jessica was right, I've been very insincere to myself so enough is enough.

I've made a painful decision to let Landon Brookes go, to give myself a chance at a healthier relationship. And I'm not backing down this time.
I'll make sure of it, especially on this Hawaii trip next week, I'll have to avoid Landon before and during the trip and focus on my new relationship, the first ever.

It feels refreshing to think about it.

><{{{(•>

(Do you think Kendal will finally be happy in her new found relationship?)

Don't forget to vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.5K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
59.3K 2.7K 169
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
1.5K 323 5
β˜†Winner in General fiction category for Ambassadors of African Awardsβ˜† 1st October, Nigeria's Independence day. She turns 60. Instead of writing the...