Passion

By LorraMead1

Grade school teacher Amanda Hansen trades in her unattractive ways for the look of a exotic harem girl, at l... More

Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Passion
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 11

5.2K 172 7
By LorraMead1

"Tell me about Amanda."

Britney paused in her efforts to finish folding her laundry. "Amanda? What do you want to know about her?"

Brian shrugged. "I don't know. How long have you known her? Why isn't she married?"

Britney swallowed, then looked away. "She was married. When she was very young. But it didn't work out. And since then...she just hasn't found the right man. She is intelligent, bright, funny and caring. She is special."

Brian was frowning slightly then waved Britney's defense of Amanda. " you don't need to convince me. I have been with her a lot lately, and I like her too." He was silent for a moment then shook his head. "I didn't know she had been married. It was rough, huh?"

"I...ah, Amanda is a very private person, Brian. I don't feel  comfortable talking about her."

"I didn't mean to pry. I just think its a shame she doesn't have someone special."

Britney turned and looked at him. "She told me y'all went to the movies."

"Yeah it was really fun. I enjoyed it. It is nice to be out with someone without having to worry how the night will end. It was actually better than being with the guys.I didn't have to listen and return, all the raunchy jokes about sex and who enjoyed their latest conquest. It was comfortable. Do you know what I mean?"

Very gently Britney smiled at him. "Don't look so confused Brian. I know exactly what you mean. Bobby says he felt the same way after he met me. With other women and his male friends, there was always a certain face he had to wear a certain way he was expected to act. Around me he can just be himself."

"There was a major difference there Brit. Bobby couldn't keep his hands off you."

Her sudden burst of laughter was quickly cut off. "That is true enough, thank heavens. I don't suppose you suffered the same thing with Amanda?"

"Amanda?  That woman gives new meaning to the word bad taste. Her clothes are alone enough to make my stomach churn. And there were several times I would have dearly loved to yank those damn glasses off her nose and stomp on them."

"I have had the same thought myself, Brian. But Amanda wont ever change. She wont dress to suit other people. And she is comfortable with herself and her style she has chosen."

"What style? There is no style to her." He grinned suddenly and admitted. "I wondered what she would look like naked, without her hair being tortured behind that braid."

Britney's mouth dropped open then she yelled. "Brian Mead! Don't you dare seduce my friend out of idle curiosity. I would never forgive you!"

Brian stood glancing at his watch. He sighed. "You don't want me to have any fun Brit."

"Have some fun with another woman. But you leave Amanda alone."

"Amanda is safe enough." Then he added. " You sure you wont tell me who the harem girl was?"

"I cant I promised her I wouldn't."

" But why? What is she hiding?"

"She...she knows your reputation. And...and I guess she doesn't want to get involved." Britney shrugged. "I'm sorry."

Brian worked his jaw in frustration. "She doesn't trust me?"

"well...no."

He exploded "What is it with you women? I am not some over charged male bimbo! Doesn't anyone allot me the benefit of having scruples?"

"You women?" Britney grinned at him. "This sounds like a Amanda lecture. Has she been rough on you?"

"One minute yes. I get the feeling she doesn't think very highly of me. But then she will laugh and be outrageously funny." He paced a few feet away. "She keeps me guessing."

Britney walked him to the door. " I know you have scruples, Brian. And I think you are a very nice man, despite everything." She skipped away when he turned, grabbing playfully for her. Laughing she continued. "But Amanda's different. I don't want to see her get hurt."

"Hurt? Amanda's about as venerable as a porcupine.but if you are worrying I'll make her promises that I cant keep, don't. I have told her I like her friendship, that's all. I admire her, despite her atrocious clothing, but I doubt I'd be even tempted to go beyond platonic with her. She is safe enough."

Even as he said the words Brian thought what an adept liar he was. He was tempted more than tempted. It was just that the temptation had come in different packages. As often as not, he wanted to simply touch her on the hand on her smooth cheek. Holding her would be nice.

"Thank you Brian. I am glad you befriended Amanda she needs some fun and excitement with men other than those stuffed assholes on the school board."

Brian had been in the process in walking out but he halted. "I dint get the impression she was dating anyone, in particular."

"Amanda doesn't consider going anywhere with them a date., because she works with them. She kinda thinks that their interest is purely work related. But I don't think so. I think they are as curious as you are but probably don't have the conscience you have." She looked up at him frowning. "So far Amanda hasn't allowed them the chance to appease their curiosity."

"What about Amanda? Doesn't she get curios?"

"Amanda?" Britney fidgeted with her hair, looking away from Brian. "Naw,she just isn't interested anymore. Like her clothes she thinks spending, a lot of time on a social life is a waste of perfectly good brain waves."

Brian grinned. "I can hear her saying that." He glanced  at his watch again then asked quickly. "So you knew her in school?"

"Amanda and I known each other for years. Without her help I would of never made it out of college."

Brian was silent for a moment, acknowledging Britney's words. "Amanda's like a mother hen, isn't she? She likes helping people."

"Yeah that is Amanda all right."

Nodding in satisfaction Brian left late for his appointment. His trip to hos sister in laws had been spontaneous. Amanda had refused to see him again except practice, claiming she had  too many papers to grade and a big test to prepare. He'd missed her.

Amanda seemed to have an innate rapport with children. When he was younger he thought it was only his mother who's didn't like and understand kids. Women in general, were supposed to be maternal, he thought. But as he matured he had learned exactly how wrong he could be.

His mother hadn't wanted him or Bobby because they messed up her life style, which basically meant they curtailed her sexually freedom. At least she claimed they did. Brian could never recall his presence slowing her down.

From a very young age he had known what women did with men. He had seen what women did with men. His mother hadn't been discreet. His mother hadn't been much of a mother.

And since then he had met too many women who seemed to share her sentiments. Life was doe enjoying, as long as you had money and looks and prestige. It was a life style most women sought with no place for kids. Children interfered with careers or ruined other wise perfect figures.

He would probably never have children of his own. His life wasn't conducive to raising kids. As he would never cheat a child of warmth and love they deserved.

Children should enrich life, they should be cherished and protected, not considered a burden to be tolerated.An image of Amanda married and cradling a baby or her own, fitted through his mind. It left behind conflicting emotions tenderness because he knew she would be an excellent mother. But also possessiveness which made no sense at all. He refused to dwell on that statement, and put the image firmly from his mind.

It disturbed him, how much she occupied his thoughts. Especially when he had other things to think about. He wouldn't give up on the mystery woman he wasn't a man to leave a puzzle unsolved. But time and again, he found his thoughts veering toward Amanda and her unusual wit, the gentleness and patience she gave her students.

Anyone who took the time to really get to know Amanda would realize there was nothing plain about her, despite the horrible redous clothes she wore. She was about as complex  and complicated as any female can be. He hadn't exaggerated when he said she intrigued him.

Though he knew she'd has a good time with him, she had refused any future dates. She didn't return his calls either. He almost swear she was avoiding him, but why?

He would take his time, and sooner or later he would figure her out.

He intended to enjoy every minute.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 446 14
"Didn't we promise to each other that we'll always be the last one standing? We've been through so much and I refuse to end it this way. I didn't giv...
108K 5.4K 41
~Sequel to Jenny's Heart. Can be read as a standalone~ When Isabella Walker first met him, she was certain that there was not a more chauvinistic cha...
129K 3K 17
PUBLISHED! Now available on Amazon! [Disclaimer: due to copyright reasons, chapters have been taken down. The full book can only be accessed through...
2.9M 54.5K 17
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...