Braxton Academy

By KA0827

Braxton Academy is a disciplinary (non-academic) school for minors. Naomi Taylor is a fourteen-year-old girl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Update
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
New Chapter
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Continuing
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Update
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Q&A w/ me
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Room 113 Poll
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 32

2.7K 70 17
By KA0827

NAOMI'S POV:

"I'll be unavailable between six and nine, which means if you need something then you'll have to reach out to Mr. Patry. I'll try to finish as soon as I can."

"Okay." I stared out the window, trying to silence the annoying curiosity festering inside my head.

"I've already delineated the terms of your grounding and that your privileges have been revoked to Mr. Patry." He explained, glancing at me in the mirror. "So, even though it's Saturday, you're going to spend the rest of the evening in your room."

"Yes sir."

Of course; I finally get back to the Academy where I can see Jasper and I get grounded. Our paths haven't crossed much in school, which isn't that surprising since he's a year above me, but I thought we'd at least be able to catch up on how things are going with classes and anything else. There hasn't been a passing day this week where I didn't give him a thought, but we've had very little opportunity to get together or even talk over the phone. I wonder how his week has been.

______________________________________________

~ Earlier that week ~

JASPER'S POV:

The smell wasn't that of electrical smoke, instead it was thicker that caused instant irritation to my eyes as I opened the dryer door. Seeing that the color was green, I knew instantly it was a smoke bomb. Fortunately, there was not enough smoke to set off the detector, not even anything close to as much as there would have been had it been ignited, but clearly the hot temp of the dryer caused it to explode.

"Where did this come from?" I reached inside to find it, feeling nothing but the hot remains.

"You used that dryer?" Jake asked from behind me, his laundry basked sitting on his stomach. "Have you been living under a rock? Ryan put out a word that it's off limits because that's where he stashed his stuff."

"Yeah well I don't exactly pay attention to anything related to Ryan." I glanced at him, annoyed, over my shoulder.

Both of us began coughing as soon as I unfolded my clump of clothes, allowing all excess smoke to travel into the open air. My clothes weren't completely stained, which was a relief, but they smelled horrible. I'll have to wash them at least three times just for that smell to go away.

"Ryan's going to be pissed." Jake added.

"I don't give a damn what Ryan..."

"What the hell is that smell?" Mr. Patry came inside, swatting the small wave of smoke circling around his face.

Jake and I froze instantly, glancing at each other but neither of us even attempted to answer him.

"Are those your clothes?" Mr. Patry asked me, stepping forward and kneeling down to search inside of the dryer.

"Yes sir." I said clearly.

"Hmm," He pulled out the crumbled green bits of what was left of the smoke bomb, holding it up for me to see. "What'd you do? Forget to take this out of your pocket?"

Ryan you son of a bitch. I've been here a long time, mostly in and out, and I've never snitched on anyone...but I never found myself in a situation where I was collateral damage from someone else's actions. I know Ryan wasn't going to step up and admit fault, but I don't want the subsequent consequences once word gets out that I blamed another student.

"A smoke bomb?" He examined the parts. "It's been a while since I caught you with one of these Jasper," His eyes shot up. "but I guess old habits die hard. Don't they?" Scolding me in front of Jake, he tried to make an example of me.

It was a classic troupe used by the Administrators.

"Let's go, now." Pointing to the door, he tossed the leftover pieces into the garbage.

I glanced over to Jake with hesitation, giving him a scowl that assured him I wouldn't say a word to Mr. Patry about who was really behind this.

"Don't make me come get you." Mr. Patry threatened, stepping out into the hallway first.

Unfortunately for me, it was a short walk to his office; just down the stairs and around the corner. He made sure to glance back at me every few feet, forcing me to keep pace with him. Not a word was said during the short trip, but the image alarmed everyone nearby as Mr. Patry made his way through them, not caring who was in our way or who was whispering.

We passed Ryan, who had his arms draped over the staircase railing, standing with a few others. Everyone stood straight when they saw Mr. Patry glance at them, their conversation turning into low whispers as he approached.

I made eye contact with Ryan, leaning to the side to say, "Go check the laundry."

He looked nervous, turning almost a complete white as he glanced up the staircase and watched as I turned the corner with Mr. Patry.

"Shut that door." Mr. Patry commanded, removing his blazer and draping it on the back of his chair.

I did as he said, quietly shutting it so I wouldn't draw in any unnecessary attention, before moving behind his guest seats. Standing straight, I tried to mentally check into autopilot; yes sir, no sir, I'm sorry. Anything that would make this as quick as possible.

"I was sure I put an end to your interest in smoke bombs during our last meeting," He eyed me, even thinking about it now made me remember that horrible soreness I felt for weeks. "where did you get this one?"

"From home." I quickly lied. "It was in the care package sent to me before school began."

He came around to the other side of his desk, resulting in me stepping back. "Look at my face Jasper," He pointed to that glare he wore so often. "I don't believe you. I personally searched that box and found no contraband."

I began to talk, but choked on my words. The Administrators never search through care packages themselves, they have designed staff for that, so I didn't expect that.

My eyes narrowed, "Why did you look through my..."

"Don't," he shook his head. "don't try to change the subject."

"Well I, I don't know what to tell you. It was there." I shrugged.

That resulted in a growl from him, "Firecrackers, smoke bombs, and any other flammable material are contraband. You know this." He took a step forward, putting his hands to his sides. "They are dangerous material, dangerous to the students and everyone else in the building, not to mention to the building itself."

I reflexively sighed, rolling my eyes in the process. What the hell is he waiting for? Quit stalling Mr. Patry, just give me my punishment and let me move on. Aside from the obvious mind-numbing aggravation that came from lectures, I hated being talked to like I was a child. It was the worst thing about this place, I'd even put it ahead of spankings because the lecture often prolongs that.

"What would have happened if you triggered the smoke detectors because a fire started?" Continuing, he was beginning to push my buttons.

"Jesus, I don't need a lecture." I shouted, the bitterness in my tone apparent, but I felt helpless in dissipating it.

He shifted his weight, trying to process the backlash he was receiving. "Come here." Motioning me with a beckoning finger, he continued to do so even after I slipped through the chairs, waiting patiently until I was standing directly ahead of him.

"Where do you get the gall to speak to me like this?" His Administrator tone was now fully utilized. "Don't you dare speak to me like that again. Just because you found yourself in trouble, caused by your own actions, does not mean you can take it out on others. Am I clear?"

I swallowed what little saliva I had left in my mouth, "Yes sir. I'm sorry."

He walked to the other side of his office, leaving me with only a moment to suppress my agitation before I find myself digging my own grave.

I know what you're thinking; just tell him the truth. It wouldn't be hard for me to find enough motivation to smite Ryan, especially since this isn't the first time I've had issues with him, and I'm sure it won't be the last, but snitching is something I can do. Maybe this place has me socially institutionalized, or maybe I just resented the punishments so much that I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not even Ryan. He's never snitched on me before, and I know I've inadvertently gotten him in trouble before, so I can't do that to him either. Braxton students may be socially tribalistic, but when it came to the Administrator, we didn't offer them any help.

Mr. Patry returned with the paddle in his hands. He narrowed his eyes, slapping it down in his fist, hoping to use my fear as leverage to squeeze out any bit of information he could get from me. But I wouldn't budge on another student.

"Where did you get the smoke bomb? I won't ask again..." The paddle was already out, that was a sincere threat, he was threatening something every student fears.

I had to give him something, something vague enough to where I wouldn't get any one particular student in trouble. "I found it yesterday outside in the yard, by the burning barrel."

I know that would raise awareness towards the students, but at least no one was named.

"I'll be calling an assembly early next week then." He seemed satisfied with that answer, at least enough to stop interrogating me. "You're going to have extra chore duties for the rest of today, don't let me catch you outside of your bedroom. Do you understand?"

I sighed, "Yes sir."

Tucking the paddle underneath his arm, he unbuttoned his sleeves allowing them to fall naturally around his wrists. "Pants down, hands against the hall and feet on the line."

I turned around to face the blank wall behind me, walking forward and leaning forward after undoing my pants. My toes were right on the line and my hands were parallel to my shoulders, where my torso was bent over far enough to meet his requirement.

Swat! He began with no warning, he barely even made a sound that would indicate he was ready to begin. Swat! Swat! I could tell he was winding back as far as his arm would let him, because my bottom was already burning in pain. I tried occupying my thoughts, but there was nothing in front of me to focus on. So, the pain was now infiltrating my thoughts.

______________________________

NAOMI'S POV:

We arrived at the Academy in silence after our little pep-talk in the car. Mr. Davis' mind seemed to have been occupied with something else. He barely even said a word while helping me carry my things to my room, he only glanced around the hallways to observe everyone passing through.

"Alright, see Mr. Patry if you need anything. I'll come back and say goodnight when I'm finished with my work." He sat my duffel bag on my desk.

"Okay, thanks." I stepped to the side, nearest to the bed, so he could pass.

"You're welcome." He placed his hand gently on my shoulder as he made his way out, shutting the door behind him.

It was only 5:45 p.m., dinner was half over but I ate anyway, and I wasn't even remotely tired. I have no access to my phone, a tv, or even a new book to occupy my thoughts. I left my copy of Bless Me Ultima at Mr. Davis' house, despite us having a meeting this week. Everything has been crazy lately, but I took notes and remembered the chapter well enough to not need it for Friday.

I guess I could study and get ahead on a few things for school...man, even thinking that was painful. But I had nothing else to do. Opening my biology textbook, I pulled out the designated notebook and turned to the last thing I wrote. Somehow my memory is refusing to remember what was the last thing we covered.

Hmm, I think we were talking about chromosomes. Yes! Chromosomes, Chapter 2. I...oh, I finished the outline for it already. Alright, then I guess I'll make flash cards. Can't hurt, might help. I went to my backpack and pulled out my container of flashcards, I had a color for each core class.

"You already did that too Naomi." Shaking my head, I put away the cards.

Why am I like this?

Tapping the end of my pencil against the desk for a few minutes, I tried to brief myself on every core class this week. Thinking of something I could do.

"Mock Trial." I said to myself. "I haven't finished reading the case background. I can do that."

Tossing aside my biology materials, I cleared my desk to make room for all the information given to us for Mock Trial; the case background, affidavits, rules of procedures, and the class list. We'll be picking our roles soon.

*Knock, Knock* My first thought was Mr. Patry, coming to reiterate the code of conduct I have to follow for the rest of the night. After that, it was mostly out of his hands since Mr. Davis will be back.

"Hi." I said, a little surprised that it was Jasper.

I don't know why I was surprised; he does live here. And we're dating so it makes sense he would come see me.

"Hey, I heard you were back."

I glanced behind him, the hallway was quiet, everyone was probable downstairs in the lobby or enjoying the last few weeks of nice weather outside. Mr. Patry will be where most of the students are, making sure everyone behaves. Even still, I had to keep a sharp eye out for him.

"Yeah, we got back not too long ago."

He leaned his shoulder against the outer frame. "How long are you staying this time?"

"As far as I know, the rest of the week."

Nodded, smiling even, at that response, he took a step forward before glancing down at the end of the hallway. "Would you want to go for a walk on the track? It's a really nice day outside and we could...."

"I can't, I'm sorry." I grabbed the doorknob, twisting it to distract myself from the disappointment he'd soon show me. "I'm grounded until the end of the week...if nothing else goes wrong."

He nodded, trying not to show his frustration. We haven't had much time to hang out since we officially began dating. And all of it was my fault. I just can't seem to stop getting in trouble.

"It's okay, no problem." He said politely. "But I guess that means you'll be restricted to your room for the rest of the week?"

"Yes, she will be." Mr. Patry stepped into my eyesight.

Our bodies tensed at the same time. knowing full well that neither of us wanted to be subjected to his wrath.

"I was just explaining it to him, he was about to leave is all. You can't blame us, I mean word has to get around somehow otherwise I'll just appear to be ghosting people..." I stopped my rambling when he shot me an unconvinced look.

"Jasper, if you'd like to spend more time with Naomi, then I suggest you don't encourage her to disobey Mr. Davis' rules and that you don't put yourself in a rotten spot with him."

"That's good advice, thank you." He responded earnestly.

"Wait for me at the end of the hall , there is something I want to discuss with you." He motioned him along.

"Yes sir." Jasper looked at me and nodded, which was code for 'good luck,' before doing as he was told.

"I don't think you need a reminder to stay focused on obeying the terms of your grounding, do you?"

"No sir." I said clearly.

"This will be the only warning you get from me today. Stay inside and keep your door closed otherwise you'll have a very unpleasant experience in my office."

I had to refrain from telling him that no experience in his office, punishment or no punishment, has ever been pleasant for me. But I managed to keep my mouth shut.

"Yes sir."

I backed away when he reached forward for the outer handle, firmly pulling my door shut.

______________________________________________________

JASPER'S POV:

I've had my fill of Mr. Patry for the week, I got that on Wednesday, and I didn't need any extra. He didn't seem to punish or schedule punishment for Naomi, so how could I be in trouble? I didn't know she was still grounded, all I did was knock on her door and invite her outside. I didn't do anything wrong.

"Walk with me." He said after noticing a few students coming up the stairs.

What could he possibly want now?

"Yes sir?" I followed him down the corridor and through the terrace.

"I know you're a good kid Jasper, but that accident on Wednesday is not taken lightly. Now I know you and Naomi are able to see each other only because of Mr. Davis' approval and I'm sure you don't want that taken away."

"No sir." I shoved my hands into my pockets as he folded his arms across his chest, both of us bracing for the strong wind circling around where we were standing.

"How are things at home?" He asked sincerely, but I know it was because he was looking for a reason to explain my acting out.

"The same." I lied. "No better, no worse."

There was a hidden sight of empathy behind his eyes and, even during his sternness, he still managed to show his consideration. He's helped me in the past, and he's still doing so now which is more than I can say for anyone else.

"I know you're having issues communicating with your father." He waited to see my reaction, but I only flashed my eyebrows.

"Mr. Patry, with all due respect, what happened on Wednesday had nothing to do with my issues at home." I tried to assure him, though he didn't seem convinced.

"How can you be so sure?"

"I...I just do."

"I want you to meet with your father again." He said plainly.

My head shot straight up, is he crazy? And everyone says he has no sense of humor. Boy, are they wrong.

"It's been a while since you had a visit with your dad, and we both know that communicating over the phone is not the same, nor is it as beneficial, as speaking in person. So, if you'd like, I can reach out to your dad and arrange it."

I didn't say anything, mostly because I had dark thoughts lingering in my head.

"If you do that, then I won't tell Mr. Davis about Wednesday. It'll be a win-win for you. You'll remain in good light with him and may even be able to patch things up with your dad."

He was giving me an ultimatum. I know he wants me to patch things up with my dad, I appreciate his good intentions, I really do, I just don't think it'll go as he expects.

"I don't know if I'm in 'good light' with Mr. Davis." I responded, getting a small smile from him. "Why are you doing this?"

He hesitated on answering, shifting his weight between his feet. "Because I know how much you care about Naomi, and I can't seem to get through that thick head of yours, if you won't work to improve your life for yourself, then you should at least try to do it for the sake of your family...and for her."

I nodded. "W-will it just be us?" The thought of me being alone with my dad made me feel almost sick to my stomach, but I was trying to get past that.

"I could bring in a counselor, if you'd like. Would this be something you'd be willing to try?"

Nothing would make me happier than being at home with my brother. He isolated himself so much after mom passed, not that dad helped any when she was alive, but he never paid much attention to him before. I can only imagine how alone he feels at home now. There should be someone there to give him the attention he needs.

But it could also make me less whiny and negative when I'm around Naomi. I know she said it doesn't bother her, but I think it does. I really do.

"Okay, can we please arrange it with the counselor?" I asked nicely.

"Of course. I'll see what I can do and get back to you."

_____________________________

NAOMI'S POV:

My head was spinning from all the reading I did today, I swear I memorized every fact, statistic, word, everything from my case papers. All the information was now replaying itself over and over inside my mind; as if I was subconsciously trying to formulate it into a movie. There were questions I had, theories I wanted to pose as we were taking the side of the defense...but I can't do anything about that until Monday.

Splashing some cold water on my face, I wiped the excess off my chin and looked at myself in the mirror; not noticing anything abnormal, I was just trying to avoid my room for as long as possible.

"Hey Naomi." Jess came from behind me, leaning against the sink next to the one I was using. "Did you hear about Wednesday?"

"Huh-uh." I splashed another handful against my skin, drying it with some paper towels.

"Jasper used the dryer Ryan told everyone not to use and he ended up ruining Ryan's smoke bombs."

Jess was the only one who knew about my relationship with Jasper. She was trustworthy enough, mostly because she was too shy to blab, and I needed someone to confide in. Mr. Davis obviously wasn't that person.

It's nice to know she took the initiative of being my secret informant too.

"Sounds like he did him a favor then, smoke bombs are contraband."

"You don't get it, Ryan sells them to other students here. They like to light them off at night when the Administrators can't see everyone outside by the fence. He's really mad at Jasper, especially after Jasper flipped out on him Wednesday night...good thing Mr. Patry broke it up."

"You think Ryan will try to do something?"

"You never know with Ryan. You should warn Jasper and tell him to stay away."

"Why? Jasper could easily take him down or defend himself." I stood up for him, for obvious reasons.

"Continuously feuding with another student is a good way to end up in the Penalty Box. I've seen it happen before," She leaned forward. "and I know you have too. The Administrators keep a tab, they know this isn't the first time Jasper and Ryan have had issues."

"And the last one was because of me." I said with some guilt. "I talked with him this morning and he didn't say anything about it."

"He probably didn't want to worry you, but you need to tell him ASAP. He'll listen to you...if he retaliates, then this might be the last straw."

"Thanks Jess." I bumped her lightly on her shoulder.

"Don't mention it. I'd hate to see Braxton's cutest couple come crashing down." She winked, rubbing her finger against my arm.

"I'd hate to see it too."

How would I be able to get down to the boys corridor, assuming he's even in there. On Saturday's, the administrators are usually found roaming the halls and checking outside trying to keep everyone in order. There's no guarantee I wouldn't get caught...

"Hey Jess, can you do something for me? I'll reward you with whatever you want."

"Depends on what it is." She glanced out at the hall before shutting the door. "I don't want to get into trouble."

"If I write a note, will you give it to Jasper? I'm grounded and can't leave my room."

She nodded, "We're not supposed to pass notes, but only Mr. Patry is here today. If I can get Jasper alone, I'll be able to get it to him without anyone noticing."

"Name your price." I said, trying not to sound too desperate.

"Three oatmeal cream pies."

"Done, I'll get them to you as soon as you deliver the note. Knock on my door in half an hour, make sure no one is around."

"Righto." She exited the bathroom and I did a few minutes later to avoid suspicion.

_______________________________________________________

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

I folded the note in half, then again and again until it was about the side of my thumbnail. Quickly sliding it under my door, allowing it to pass slightly to the other side, I took a step back and sat down on my bed.

Once I saw the note completely removed from under the door, my breath became steady. Soon Jasper would have my message and, hopefully, will heed my warning. I'd hate to see him end up in the Penalty Box. I'd hate to see anyone end up there.

"Naomi Taylor, open this door." My name was called from the one person I've been trying to avoid. "Now."

I felt my entire soul leave my body. It was as if I was watching myself open the door to find my executioner.

"I've warned you already about idling with the other students, you know full well that passing notes is not permitted." He held up the note in his hand. "You're also not supposed to be socializing with the students in any way because you're grounded."

I nodded my head, immediately feeling that familiar pounding in my chest.

"I hate having to repeat myself," He folded his arms across his chest, "straight to my office. Now."

I turned back, looking around at my room as if there was something there to save me, but then pulled my door shut and began walking. Mr. Patry followed unusually. He normally walks next to me, but now he decided to walk behind me, giving me a feeling that made me feel like I was being chased.

With Mr. Davis now my guardian, thus the one who usually administers most of my punishments, maybe out of obligation or the simple fact that I'm around him more, made me fear being punished by Mr. Patry even more. Would I also get another by Mr. Davis?

"D-did you hear me mention it in the bathroom?" I had to know if I caused Jess to get into trouble.

"What? No, I was just coming to check on you. Who did you think I was?"

I knew that question was coming, but I hadn't prepared an answer.

"Clearly the note is for Jasper, did you arrange for him to pick it up?"

"N-no sir."

"Don't 'no sir' me, you obviously conspired with someone to get this otherwise you wouldn't have slipped it under the door."

"N-no I didn't arrange for someone to get it. I left it there in case Jasper stopped back in..." That wouldn't make any sense, what the hell are you saying Naomi?

He stopped in the center of the hallway and bent down to my height. "We'll talk about the note later, maybe even with Mr. Davis, but for now let's settle you violating your punishment rules."

Fear was written all over my face, even I could feel it, so I know for a fact he recognized it.

"Get inside."

I opened the door to his office, not even allowing him to enter before I began my plea. "Mr. Patry, I'm sorry! I won't..."

"Do it again?" He asked condescendingly. "You said that earlier. I gave you a warning already, you won't get another."

I haven't been here in...well, it feels like forever. But trust me, there are no complaints coming from me. I've just gotten so used to Mr. Davis, that I forgot there was another Administrator here who was equally as terrifying.

"You're to stay in your room, aside from meals and other obvious purposes, all times of the day. When I warned you earlier, did I not make it clear that there would be severe consequences if you disobeyed them again."

He went behind his desk, placing his knuckles flat on top and shifting his weight forward.

"Y-you did sir." I responded shakily.

"Now that you've made the decision to break those rules, I am going to have to give you a punishment on Mr. Davis' behalf...but I wouldn't be surprised if you receive another from him."

He's going to tell him. Of course he's going to tell him.

"Naomi." He barked. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yes sir." I said quietly.

Mr. Patry's punishments were no harsher than Mr. Davis', the only difference was I am more ashamed to be punished by Mr. Davis. I want to make him proud, I don't want him to see me as this irresponsible child who needs to be watched over all hours of the day.

"Put your hands on the end of my desk." He said firmly, walking over to his cabinet.

I went to the left side of his desk and did as he said, not bothering to remove my pants. A long range implement was about to be used, I'm just hoping it's not the paddle. Turning around, I saw him pull out a thin, bendy wooden cane. He whipped it fiercely through the air before turning back to me.

"No, you need to drop your pants and move your feet back." He corrected me.

I gasped, unbuckling my pants and letting them drop to my waist. Then I repositioned myself according to his standards, forcing me to raise my bottom higher than I'd prefer.

"When rules are set in place, we expect them to be followed. Not ignored." Whip!

The first one was straight across, causing a small breeze to pass my ears. It left a stinging dynamic that surely caused an instant mark to form. He began striking each side hard several times before finding a rhythm he thought best, forming a steady drumbeat on each cheek. Sometimes he would deviate the blows, landing several in a row in the same spot until I shrieked.

Whip! Whip! I clenched my body, tightening my grip on the end of his desk and curling my toes inside my shoes but somehow the pain was still just as assertive. Whip! Whip! Whip! He carried on, leaving me with no time to catch my breath or prepare for the next.

Tears were forcing their way out of my eyes, leaving me with no choice but to allow them to run down my cheeks and drench my collar. Whip! Whip! Whip! Whip! He began slowing down, whistling in a few harsher blows to the top of my thighs.

"Mr. Patry, please stop." I cried.

"Why should I? You deliberately disobeyed the terms of your grounding, twice. How do you think Mr. Davis would respond when finds this out?" Whip! Whip!

"N-no please, you can't tell him."

"He's your guardian Naomi, he has a right to know..."

"He's doesn't need to though."

Whip! Whip! He continued on, subtly indicating that he has every intention of letting Mr. Davis know when he returns.

Whip! Whip! Whip!

My knees were buckling from the prickled heat on my stretched skin radiating as lashes were now beginning to overlap. No doubt, he was winding back far and unleashing a strong energy that caused the whip to snap harshly against my bottom.

Whip! Whip! Whip! I cried out this time, bawling over my position, just wanting to be let go. I heard him turn and walk away, placing the whip back in the cabinet, but I had to turn and see for myself. Standing straight, my hands immediately began rubbing my sore backside, trying to minimize the lingering sting.

"I'll consider what to do about this note situation over night. Until then, you're to return to your room and go straight to bed." 

"Y-yes sir."

I left without another word, closing the door behind me so I'd have an excuse of not being able to hear him if he called me back. Glancing at the clock, it was half-past nine. Mr. Davis should be in his office by now. Mr. Patry sent me straight to bed, but do I dare tell Mr. Davis about tonight? I'd rather him hear it from me....but I don't know if I want to take the risk of another punishment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 113 12
this is a story about a young sixteen year old Nigerian Girl... Named Dunni, who is obsessed with the profession "Law"....so obsessed that she start...
32.7K 4.3K 51
People like Caia aren't supposed to exist. Ever since England passed the Firstborn Act, families are only allowed one child, and illegally born Secon...
51.9K 96 12
Sophia moves back to her hometown after almost 10 years away, not knowing what to expect. She knows she will be reunited with her childhood best frie...
507K 19.5K 58
Highest rank ~#2 in teen fiction ~ "I'm going to ruin you." "You've already ruined my reputation so, why not go farther?" ...