Prettiest Lie - A Taekook Lov...

By Dani-luv-bts

Taehyung and Jungkook had been in a relationship for the past 8 year. There's nothing that they love more tha... More

01 - Prologue.
02 - An opportunity of a lifetime.
03 - Off To A Good Start.
04 - You're Being Mean To Me.
05 - Am I Your Friend?
06 - Don't Make Heart Eyes At Him.
07 - Let Me Sleep, Tiger.
08 - What's This Ugly Feeling?
09 - First Time For Butterflies..
10 - Growing Friendships.
11 - Another story.
12 - A Fraction Of A Thought.
14 - Scandal With The Wrong Guy.
15 - Some Personal Time For Us All.
16 - We Will Always Be On The Same Side.
17 - Fun At The Beach.
18 - How Did You Know That?
19 - I Expected A Better Welcome.
20 - Best Voices Of The Country.
21 - No One Will Notice.
22 - It Sucks To Be Alone.
23 - Seeds Of Doubt..
24 - My Loyalty Is To You..
25 - Open And Honest..
26 - Shattered Glass Bubbles..
27 - Apologies... And News Articles..
28 - This Will Not Break Them.
29 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag Now..
30 - Safe, even in hell..
31 - Tell Me I'm Your Idiot..
32 - I'm only human..
33 - Mirror, mirror, on the wall..
34 - Love And Respect, Go Hand In Hand..
35 - A Personal Insult.
36 - Acceptance..
37 - 9 Years With You..
38 - A String Of Trouble..
39 - The Fall From Grace...
100K πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
40 - Someone Is After Us Both..
41 - He's Involved With Me..
42 - One Last Thought...
43 - I'm His FiancΓ©...
44 - I Will Destroy You.
45 - Thank You For Finding Him..
46 - Did You Miss Me?
47 - I Was So Scared...
48 - I'm Done Hiding Myself..
49 - A Storm Is About To Hit..
50 - Do You Trust Me?
51 - Stopped World...
52 - This Ends Here, Today.
53 - World As It Should Be..
54 - Epilogue.
55 A/N..

13 - I think I like him

7.9K 622 335
By Dani-luv-bts

Being alone and lonely are two very different things. Jungkook doesn't mind being alone. In fact, sometimes it feels rather calming and therapeutic to be away from all the buzz and the busyness of his idol life. 

But what he feels right now, is loneliness. And Jungkook doesn't like that one at all.

For the past 15 minutes or so, he had been standing near the door of his own apartment, feeling reluctant to go inside. The corridor feels lonely, but he knows the inside of the apartment will feel even more so.

Both his and Taehyung's apartments have traces of both their tastes, so that they will feel at home in whichever place they stay. Jungkook low-key doesn't want to look at the painting behind the diner table that Taehyung brought, or the wooden key holder that the elder made when he visited a workshop once.

It'll just make Jungkook miss his boyfriend even more. 

But after about 10 more minutes, when he realised that he couldn't stand there the whole day, Jungkook sighed and punched the code to his door. He opened and closed the door, without really looking inside his apartment. He should have, cause he had a surprise waiting for him.

"Welcome home, cheater".

Taehyung's deep voice sent a shiver down Jungkook's spine. It sounded so intimidating that it took a few seconds for him to understand what the words meant.

"I-" Jungkook blinked a few times in confusion. "What?!"

Taehyung twirled the glass in his hand before taking a sip from it. "What?"

Then only Jungkook started to notice what Taehyung was wearing. A loosely tied robe. And judging by the way it was opened till his bare V line, Jungkook was willing to bet he's not wearing anything else inside. 

"Y-you called me a cheater?"

Taehyung lifted his glass again but didn't drink. Instead, he gave a piercing gaze to Jungkook. "I did."

"What the fuck?! I didn't cheat on you!"

"Then why did you run away?"

"I-" Jungkook was lost at words till he saw the mischievous glint and the faint smile on his boyfriend's face. "Tae.."

Taehyung let his facade fall and chuckled. Jungkook was pouting, while his eyes had a faint trace of wetness. Taehyung kept the glass on the coffee table and walked toward Jungkook. He sneaked his hands around the younger's shoulders and Jungkook's hands moved to Taehyung's hip on their own accord.

"You're such an idiot." Taehyung whispered softly, making Jungkook whine slightly before hiding his face in Taehyung's shoulder. "Where were you?"

"Having a drink with Hobi hyung." Jungkook's voice was a little muffled.

"Had dinner?"

Taehyung could feel Jungkook nodding against his shoulder. "But I could eat again. You?"

"I could eat again too."

Jungkook laughed softly. Taehyung pulled back and held the younger man within arms distance. There was a lonely tear that had slid down Jungkook's cheek and Taehyung diligently wiped it. 

"Why don't you go have a wash? I will make us some ramen."

Jungkook was hesitant to go. "Tae-"

"Later. Okay? We will talk after dinner."

The elder's voice was soft but at the same time, it didn't leave any room for arguments. Jungkook nodded his head before getting out of Taehyung's hold and walking toward their room.

When Jungkook came back, fresh from a quick bath, he had a steaming bowl of noodles waiting for him. Taehyung was just taking the side dishes out of the canisters and putting them on plates, before sitting down next to Jungkook. 

They had their dinner, silently, both knowing and dreading the talk that was coming next. 

After Taehyung cleaned the table, they both sat down on the sofa. 

"Kookie.." Taehyung's voice was soft. "What happened today?"

At first, Jungkook didn't answer. He just didn't know how to form his words, without looking like an idiot. Taehyung patiently waited till the other was ready to talk.

After about a minute, Jungkook let out  a soft sigh. "I got jealous, I suppose."

"Baby, you know-"

"I know!" Jungkook quickly stopped what Taehyung wanted to say. "Trust me, I know. I just.."

Taehyung gently ran a hand over Jungkook's arm. "Just what?"

"It was hard watching you two be all lovey-dovey okay." Jungkook mumbled before turning away from Taehyung's gaze. "It's only acting, I know. I'm just not used to seeing you like that. Give me some time and I'll be fine."

Taehyung wordlessly pulled Jungkook till the younger's head was on his lap. "You see me make out with people on TV all the time. Hell you've seen me do even worse. That never bothered you before. Remember that movie where I acted in a foursome scene?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, although Taehyung couldn't see it since the younger's face was turned away. "That's different."

"How so?"

"You're not… you there. You're a character. But here…"

Taehyung gently prompted when Jungkook didn't elaborate further. "Here?"

"Here I could see HanSang and Taehyung both. I didn't like the way you were flirting with her."

Taehyung gently held Jungkook's chin and turned his head towards him. He couldn't stop the chuckle that slipped past his mouth at the younger's pouting face. "Like I said, you're such an idiot."

"I know." Jungkook groaned. "Let's see how you behave when I have my leading role in a romance drama."

Taehyung was silent for a few seconds. "You know what! I think being an idol is what you're best at. Leave the dramas to me."

Jungkook laughed loudly at that. And all the negative feelings that he was having, completely washed away from his mind. Even if there was some left, Taehyung's rough kissing got rid of it.

_______________________________

For the next few days, they were shooting scenes between Taehyung and Jungkook only, as Sana had some other work scheduled. It was a fun time for both of them. Taehyung gradually increased the time he spent with Jungkook on set as well as their closeness. He could see that this was a golden opportunity, to have that public interaction that he always dreamed of having with Jungkook. 

True, it didn't really hold a candle up to what their actual relationship is but it definitely is an improvement. Now, Taehyung doesn't have to pretend to not know Jungkook. He can freely converse with the younger in a public setting, provided that they stick to friendly topics.

However, when Sana came back, things took a rather weird turn. She wouldn't spend much time with Jungkook outside what is required for the drama and she would barely talk to him too. Jungkook of course didn't mind it at all. It wasn't like he was that thrilled to see her talking animatedly with Taehyung anyway. 

Sana seems to be wanting to stick with Taehyung for the most of the time, making the elder split his time between the two idol stars. Finally it came to a point where even the other staff members started to notice the awkwardness between them.

That was when Taehyung thought he should interfere. He didn't want any rumours to harm Jungkook's career. And even if it is much less than the regard he has for Jungkook, Taehyung didn't want any negativity to come for Sana either.

Him and Sana were having a rest while the staff prepared for the next scene, when Taehyung decided to address the issue.

'Sana." Taehyung called in a soft voice, making his co-star look at him.

"Yes?"

"Please don't mind me saying this, but I've noticed that you're not much on speaking terms with Jungkook. I was just wondering why."

Sana didn't answer. She only looked down at her own lap. After a few seconds of silence Taehyung spoke up again.

"He's a good guy. And anyway you guys are from the same industry. Did something happen for you to dislike him?"

Sana snapped her head towards Taehyung's direction. Her eyes had a strange panicked look.

"Oh no, no!" Sana let out a barely concealed yell. "It's just that… it's a bit difficult for me to be in his presence."

Taehyung was confused at that. He specifically asked Jungkook about this last night so he knows that the younger does not have any ill feelings towards Sana. He can be jealous sometimes, but he's never a petty one.

"Oh.. why is that?"

"Oh my God, this is gonna be so embarrassing." Sana covered her face with her palm. "Promise you won't say anything to anyone?"

Taehyung couldn't guess where Sana was going with this but he nodded his head nevertheless. "Sure."

"Uhh.. I've always admired Jungkook-ssi. He's such an inspiration to all the younger artists. His talent, work ethics, dedication.. We all look up to him so much. But.."

The girl gulped down the rest of her words and Taehyung gave an encouraging nod, silently conveying to her that it's okay to go on.

"But after I started this drama, I realised it might have been little more than admiration."

Taehyung watched as the girl gave a shy smile, before continuing with what she was saying.

"I think I like him romantically."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

803K 35K 88
A bad romance. Full of love, hate and revenge. When jeon jungkook a university heartthrob and Kim Taehyung a new student, known for his ethereal face...
92.7K 3K 35
I am bad at description. But I will try... So, Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung Loves each other so much... Taehyung was a bubbly person.. He always he...
3.3M 187K 194
A single stolen picture of Taehyung that circulated in a famous social platform has changed the course of his life. Gone are the peaceful days as Tae...
123K 5.3K 41
[Completed] Taehyung and Jungkook were in love with each other since their school days but when Jungkook left Korea for five years because of his con...