Verboten Temptations

By Imbrication

“N-nothing” I stammered out, trying to scoot back. But he kept the distance filled each time. Soon, my back w... More

Chapter 1: Marcus Meets Dante
Chapter 2: He's A Tease
Chapter 3: Growing Weak
Chapter 4: Mystery
Chapter 5: Dante's POV
Chapter 7: Unexplained Feelings
Chapter 8: Bro Time
Chapter 9: Sentimental Set-Up
Chapter 10: Let the Drama Begin
Chapter 11: Kisses Down Low
Chapter 12: Things Get Real
Chapter 13: Wild Nights
Chapter 14: Sean's Little Secret
Chapter 15: An Angry Marcus
Chapter 16: Sweet to Sour
Chapter 17: Confessions Gone Awry
Chapter 18: The Blues
Chapter 19: Dr. Feel Good
Chapter 20: Sweet Memories
Chapter 21: Goodbye, New York!
Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home? Not!
Chapter 23: The Boy Next Door
Chapter 24: Valentine's Day
Chapter 25: A Big Little Secret
Chapter 26: F*ck Your Apology
Chapter 27: Chanel Gets Exposed
Chapter 28: Relieving The Tension
Chapter 29: A Chance With Love
Chapter 30: Jaw-Dropping
Chapter 31: Dante's Birthday (Part 1)
Chapter 32: Dante's Birthday (Part 2) - Too Far Gone
Chapter 33: Closure and Apologies
Chapter 34: Kiss This Class Goodbye
Author's Chapter: Behind the Story

Chapter 6: Call Me Crazy

15.7K 607 217
By Imbrication

Valentine's Day Update! Happy Valentine's Day my awesome readers (That's going to be funny reading this in the future). I appreciate the reads and votes on my story. Slowly but surely, it's getting up there. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter because it is definitely quite interesting in my opinion. Read, Vote, Comment, Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Marcus' POV]

                I called Dante but there was no answer. He must’ve been really pissed with me or something because he didn’t say a word to me after Kelsey and him had talked in the band room. I don’t even know what was going on but I didn’t ask either. It wasn’t typical of me to butt into people’s business seeing as I wouldn’t want people all up in my business. My room was warm as I laid on my bed, my thoughts all over the place. The white walls of my room seemed to be stained with darkness. Chanel and I were getting along pretty well today until we got back here, to my house. We ended up arguing about something petty as usual. Then she went to texting on her phone as usual. I asked who it was again and she got all mad that I asked. Could Chanel be cheating on me? I hate that I even have to ask myself such a silly question because it just seems so unlikely. Maybe I’m being naïve. Maybe I just don’t want to acknowledge that she might not be loyal…if she is cheating.

                I looked at my phone. No return call from Dante. Perhaps he just doesn’t want to get attached either and is trying to distant himself. That might be the best but I miss it. I miss him. I know I shouldn’t miss him since I have a girlfriend but sometimes I feel like Chanel doesn’t love me. Or at least she just doesn’t show it. What did Kelsey say to Dante? Do Kelsey even know that Dante have a crush…on me? She would’ve probably told me and questioned me. Kelsey would hound me and would probably be upset that I kept such a secret from her. Me being into guys and girls that is. Kelsey was never one to judge anybody and loved everyone for who they were. I huffed loudly and turned on my side. The house was relatively silent as my mother was working late and my sister was out with her friends.

“Only 8pm…” I mumbled as I eyed the clock on my nightstand. It was boring being alone, but most times I didn’t mind. I could be a loner at times so I needed alone time sometimes. But really, I wanted to talk to Dante. I closed my eyes and tried thinking of better things. I can get my car fixed tomorrow so yeah. Things should get better.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

                I was doing something crazy but I wanted to do it. I got up early to walk to the bus stop…by Dante’s. Dante would be surprised nonetheless but I wonder what his reaction would be. This is so weird that I’m doing this seeing as I really don’t want to admit to liking Dante, but my thoughts say otherwise. Dante runs my mind constantly. The sun was high and it had to be one of the warmest days in a long time. Snow was still collected all around the city and it would probably stay that way because it’s supposed to snow again tonight.

                I walked quickly through the neighborhood, trying to get to the bus stop by Dante. If I was correct, the bus didn’t come for another 15 minutes, so I had ample amount of time. The air brushed lightly against my face as I continued walking. I was practically almost there when I saw Dante walking to the bus stop from his house. My pace slowed so that I would approach him once he was at the bus stop. Dante looked so heavy in thought as he leaned against the bus stop post. I quietly walked up to him. Why was I doing this? I don’t want to admit that I’m attracted to Dante but that’s a contradiction because my thoughts always wonder to the possibilities of me and him. Before I could touch him, he whirled around and jumped a little. I must’ve scared him. How…cute?

“Marcus?!” Dante seethed. I smiled at him and raised my hands in surrender.

“I’m sorry Dante.” I said backing up a little. Dante frowned at first but then a smile grew across his handsome face. Get a hold of yourself Marcus!

“What brings you here? Where’s your girlfriend?” Dante said with the smile still on his face. Somehow I felt he was up to something.

“She’s probably still at home…me and her aren’t really speaking right now.” I said sighing. At that moment, it seemed that Dante’s face lit up. Was he happy that me and Chanel were not getting along?

“Well that’s too bad.” Dante said, his smile still gleaming on his face. Was he being sarcastic? What the fuck?!

“Why are you smiling still?” I asked furrowing my eyebrows and sneering at him. His smile still didn’t drop from his face. It kind of turned me on…wait…WHAT??

“Because…you’re here.” Dante said softly, still keeping his cool exterior with that charming smile.

“You didn’t return my calls.” I said, ignoring his reason for smiling. His smile finally dropped and a look of disgust grew on his face.

“I was busy…OK? I didn’t want to talk to anyone.” Dante replied almost too quickly. I raised my eyebrow and shot him an are-you-hiding-something-because-you-seemed-pretty-defensive-and-quick-to-answer-my-question look. I should totally patent that. The “AYHSBYSPDAQTAMQ Look”. Maybe not. The acronym is too long. But anyway…

Dante looked away from me and I was puzzled. What was going on?

“Care to share?” I asked, making his eyes quickly snap to mines. I almost melted instantly…

“I can’t…I just didn’t want to talk to anyone.”

“Why?”

“Don’t worry about!” Dante snapped. I felt hurt at his reply.

“I don’t like when it’s like you ignore me…” I said without thinking. I quickly regretted what I said. Dante’s smile returned but it also seemed he had an attitude.

“If I ignore you, it’s because I’m trying to keep myself from getting hurt.” Dante said with that smile, but attitude was laced in his voice.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked surprised. Could it be that he was in fact distancing himself from me?

“Don’t worry about me. Worry about yourself…or Chanel…or whoever.” Dante said now with a frown coming to his face. The fuck was his problem?

“What the fuck?!” I gasped out, feeling angry all of a sudden.

“Don’t ‘What the fuck’ me. You’re so confusing!” He said with a glare. I was getting so heated now. What the hell was wrong with him?

“I’m confusing?!” I could feel my voice rising. Dante put on a devilish smirk and furrowed his eyebrows.

“You…you have Chanel and you obviously love her so much. But then you go getting my hopes all up. Making me feel the way I do! You give off a vibe of temptation. You fucking like me and you know it!” Dante said stepping closer to me. I was stunned but I also could feel myself getting raging mad. Who the fuck was he to say some shit like that to me? I fixed my mouth to say something but he started up again.

“You quiver at my very touch. You seem so inviting. But now, you throw the fact you have a girlfriend in my face. Yet, you still do shit like this and look at me the way you do.” Dante seethed. I gaped at Dante. I was angry at how he approached me just now. How could I be mad though? He had a point.

“I’m sorry, OK?” I replied, concealing my anger. Dante licked his lips and stared at me for the longest. He looked so sexy when he licked his lips. Ugh stop it Marcus!

“Whatever, Marcus.” Dante said stepping back and turning his back to me. I don’t even know what to say to Dante. He had every right to be mad at me. I let out a sigh and he suddenly spun back around with that grin that read mischief.

“You really wanna know what I was doing last night?” Dante said with amusement in his voice. I glared at him. What the hell? I hesitated before nodding. Why was he suddenly willing to share what it was he was doing last night that he couldn’t call me back?

“I asked my neighbor to help me get my mind off you. He came to my place and let’s just say I enjoyed every moment of it.” Dante said smiling that evil smile. My jaw dropped to the ground and my eyes widened.

“What?” I said staring at him in disbelief.

“We did it.”

                I could feel my insides boiling and my jealousy spark. HOW COULD HE SLEEP WITH SOMEONE ELSE? How could he just allow another guy to please him? Why would he do that?!

“You’re lying!” I shouted. He smiled viciously.

“No I’m not.”

“How could you sleep with someone else?!” I yelled. Dante’s brow rose and his smile grew wider.

“Does it matter? We’re not on a romantic level. You shouldn’t care.” Dante replied shrugging his shoulders. He had a point. Why am I so upset with the fact that Dante was with another guy? I had Chanel. I was in a relationship. I shook my head and looked off to the distance. Dante chuckled and then turned away from me. He thinks this shit is funny…

                I rolled my eyes and we stood in silence until the bus came, and being that DDOT buses seem to never follow their schedules, the bus didn’t get there when it was supposed to. I was so pissed at Dante. He seemed so nonchalant with what he did. To know he was in another guy’s arms was sickening enough. Sleeping with another guy was outrageous! But I shouldn’t care. I have a beautiful girlfriend so I’m OK. I’ll be OK. It’s not like Dante and I are dating…

The bus pulled up to the stop near the school and I got off quickly, not looking behind for Dante. No matter how much I tried to act like I didn’t care about him hooking up with some guy, I couldn’t help but be mad. How could he do that? And why would he just up and tell me some crap like that. Maybe Chanel can get my mind off of it but the sad truth is we still haven’t made up. I sigh deeply walking to the band room. Kelsey sat in there with Mr. Howard, who was copying some sheet music for today I guess.

“Good morning.” I said forcing a smile to my face. Kelsey and Mr. Howard turned to me and replied simultaneously. I walked to the instrument storage room and grabbed my clarinet. Before I could even head back to the main room, Kelsey had came in examining me.

“Are you OK?” Kelsey asked pushing her glasses up.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said with the fakest smile ever. But Kelsey didn’t seem to notice which was strange because she always knew a fake smile.

“Are you sure?” She said looking at me attentively. I nodded and started walking back to the main room but then she grabbed my arm. I turned around and looked at her with confusion.

“Do you know if Dante is OK? He seemed quiet when he walked in the band room a few seconds ago.” Kelsey said looking worried. I frowned, which I didn’t mean to do while she was looking at me. Kelsey raised an eyebrow.

“Dante seemed fine this morning. Seeing as he had a pretty good night last night.” I said with attitude in my voice. He was smirking and chuckling about sleeping with someone else after telling me so obviously I thought he was fine. I don’t care right now though.

“Whoa, Marcus. I guess you lied when you said nothing was wrong.” Kelsey replied staring at me with furrowed eyebrows.

“I’m sorry. I guess I am a little on edge and anxious to have my car back today.” I lied. Kelsey analyzed me before nodding her head with a small grin.

“It’ll be OK. You’ll have your car back.” Kelsey said before walking out to the main room before me. I wasn’t sure if she believed me really. I was pretty bad at hiding my feelings as well. Kelsey was probably going to ask Dante what is wrong with him and he probably won’t be able to tell her. He wouldn’t tell her. Snapping out of my thoughts, I simply shook my head and was about to walk into the main room before Dante appeared before me. He looked at me for a while and I did the same. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned from him to walk out but then he grabbed my arm. I instantly felt so many sparks. I turned around and stared at him like he was crazy.

“Um, dude let me go?” I asked glaring at him.

“What are you mad for? What are you so jealous for?” Dante asked, ignoring my question. I exhaled slowly and glared at him.

“Just let me go Dante…” I said very slowly.

“No.”

“Yes?”

“Not at all. Answer my questions.” Dante said slightly tightening the grip he had on my arm.

“You’re not my father…” I said with venom in my words. I hated mentioning my father period or even thinking about him. I’ll go into that way later on why but not now.

“I never said I was your father, now did I? And you wonder why I believe you like me. But you show mixed signs and won’t admit it. Obviously you’re pissed about me being with another guy.” Dante said with his smooth voice. I rolled my eyes and he bit his bottom lip. Oh my god…

“Not this again.” I said. Dante then abruptly pulled me into a warm embrace before pushing me against some instrument cabinets. I gasped at him and stared at him. There was lust in his eyes as he gazed at me.

“Tell me that what I’m saying isn’t true.” Dante said moving his face closer to mines. I saw his nice, soft lips as they came so close to mines. I wanted to kiss him. I really, REALLY wanted to kiss him. What am I saying? Why am I thinking like this? I gulped and started feeling uneasy. What Dante was saying was so true, and that scared the hell out of me.

“If I was to kiss you right now, you’d probably like that, wouldn’t you?” Dante said with his lips coming closer. Kiss me! Wait no…DON’T KISS ME! I’m starting to panic.

“Can I just go, please?” I whispered. Dante smirked with amusement.

“You tell off on yourself a lot, Marcus.” Dante said just seconds away from claiming my lips. But a shrill startled us. Kelsey stood there gasping and smiling. Oh shit…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! What do you think Kelsey will say? What do you think Marcus will try to say in explanation? Tell me what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.7K 46
"What if I'm not one?" I asked, my body wound tight with tension. "One what?" he asked, his voice soft and low. I hesitated. Was I ready? I wanted t...
41.7K 1.1K 31
[BXB] "Promise me you'll stay strong, for me, for us" Smiling at the older boy below him Blake rested his forehead upon Alec's. "I promise" Hearin...
27.7K 990 45
[COMPLETED] "Well, well look who decided to show up on the party.", he then look at me up and down before putting one hand up on his chin. "And he's...
28.9K 558 35
"I push him off me, making him stand on his own. But, Colton pushes me against a wall. 'Jax,' He sighs. Colton leans forward, his lips approaching mi...