epiphany - lydia martin [book...

By scorpioid

in which scott mccall has a twin sister and lydia martin finally gets the love story she deserves. [lydia m... More

chapter one. perspective
chapter two. full moon
chapter three. murderous
chapter four. kick in the balls
chapter five. questions
chapter six. 678-999-8212
chapter seven. crush
chapter eight. note to self
chapter nine. confessions pt. 2
chapter ten. heart monitor
chapter eleven. teen wolf
chapter twelve. on the run
chapter thirteen. rescued
chapter fourteen. what?
chapter fifteen. gemini
chapter sixteen. jealousy, jealousy
chapter seventeen. alpha
chapter eighteen. miscommunication?
chapter nineteen. hail mary
chapter twenty. the bite
chapter twenty-one. surprise, motherfucker
chapter twenty-two. what the hell is she?
chapter twenty-four. search party
chapter twenty-five. bad liar
chapter twenty-six. things still left to say
chapter twenty-seven. fears
chapter twenty-eight. lost
chapter twenty-nine. abomination
chapter thirty. faith
chapter thirty-one. revelations
chapter thirty-two. break up
chapter thirty-three. detention
chapter thirty-four. inconclusive
chapter thirty-five. rave
chapter thirty-six. make up
chapter thirty-seven. who controls the kanima?
chapter thirty-eight. backstabber
chapter thirty-nine. the truth
chapter forty. chess
chapter forty-one. clarity

chapter twenty-three. the turn

3.4K 106 11
By scorpioid

"Hey, you." Lydia said to me as I entered her hospital room, a bouquet of red roses in my hand. I smiled as I made my way to her bedside. She was wearing a surprised grin as I handed her the flowers, the redhead bringing them to her nose to smell them.

She had been in the hospital for a couple days but it was the first time I was able to come see her. Ms. Martin said that she wasn't really up for visitors and frankly, I didn't think I was ready to talk to her. I didn't think she would ask me if I saw who attacked her. I didn't even know if she remembered but I figured she didn't. I hated lying to her. I hated that I couldn't tell her what actually attacked her. Who attacked her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I sat down at her bedside, the girl rubbing her eyes as she set her flowers down next to her. She looked like she had just woken up even though it was about 8 o'clock at night.

She exhaled, "Not great. But I'm getting better though. Thank you for the flowers, I missed you." She admitted before she placed her hand on mine.

I chuckled as I felt my face get hot. "I missed you too. I'm sorry I didn't get to come earlier." I said. I still wasn't used to this. It was so new. I mean, she wasn't even my girlfriend, like officially.

"It's okay it's just so boring in here, I feel like I'm going insane." She complained. I laughed as she threw her hands up in the air.

"Don't you go home tomorrow?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah but that doesn't mean these past few days haven't sucked." I nodded as I looked at her sympathetically. "Do they know who did it?" She wondered, causing me to look away momentarily.

I shook my head, "Uh, no. They don't." I half-lied. They, the police, didn't know who did it but I did. "But - Stiles' Dad is working really hard. And as soon as he finds that lunatic, it's gonna be over for him if I have anything to say about it." I threatened jokingly, earning a giggle from Lydia.

She rose her eyebrows in amusement, trying to hide the smile that was growing on her face, "Oh, yeah? And what are you gonna do?"

My eyes widened, "Are you kidding? I can't tell you! Just know whoever it is, is gonna die painfully and slowly at the hands of me."

She rolled her eyes as she smiled, "Yeah, yeah, whatever, come here." She said as she rested her hands on my neck, pulling me in before she kissed me. I exhaled in relief as she took my top lip in between hers, her signature citrus scent filling my nostrils.

I literally saw fireworks behind my eyes. I felt like my stomach had a stampede running throughout it. I felt like I had descended and now I was in the clouds.

I had no reference of what a good kisser was supposed to feel like but I knew that Lydia had to be one of those.

I opened my eyes as she pulled away, seeing a grin on the girl's face. I was unable to contain my smile as I chuckled, looking down my hands. "You are so cute, look at your face." She told me, causing my eyebrows to rise.

"What do you mean?"

"Every time we kiss you get the goofiest grin on your face, it's so cute." She commented, causing me to laugh. I rubbed my thumb against the back of her hand as she looked at me.

"Your Dad's out there waiting." I brought up, just in case she wanted to talk to him. I knew her parents were divorced and that she lived with her mom so I figured she wasn't as close with her Dad. She never really talked about him.

She waved her hand, "He can wait."

I chuckled as I looked down, a thought lingering on my mind, "So, are we like... dating now? Like... are you my girlfriend?" I asked through squinted eyes. I wasn't sure if we were there yet. "I mean, like I know you just broke up with Jackson and I would understand if you didn't want another relationship so soon -" I was interrupted when Lydia started laughing, causing me to look at her in confusion.

"What?"

She shook her head, a grin on her face, "Of course I'm your girlfriend, dummy."

"Well we never talked about it, how was I supposed to know!?"

Lydia shrugged, "I don't know, I thought it would be clear from all the things I said, and all the things you said, and the way that we went to the dance together and kissed... and from the way that we kissed just now that we were... you know, together."

My eyes lit up at her words, feeling myself become almost insanely giddy, "Okay." I replied in bliss. She chuckled before she winced, putting her hand to her side where she got bit. I frowned, "Are you okay?"

She nodded, sitting up, "Yeah, I'm okay. I think it actually is time for me to take a shower though."

I nodded before I stood up, "Yeah, okay, that's cool. I think I'm just gonna get something from the vending machine, do you want anything?"

She shook her head, "No thanks, I'm okay."

I nodded as she stood up, placing a kiss on my cheek before making her way into the bathroom that was connected to her room. I sighed as I exited, closing the door behind me before I made my way to vending machine at the end of the hall.

I was gonna have to talk to Scott about this.

I couldn't lie to Lydia. My girlfriend. I couldn't lie to my girlfriend. That's not a good way to start or keep a relationship. I mean, look at him and Allison. Their whole relationship he was so stressed about this huge, abnormal secret. It caused so much strain and chaos and anxiety and now that she finally knows the truth, she still loves him anyway and they're still together.

Of course, Mr. Argent didn't know that they were still seeing each other. In fact, that was the only reason he let Scott walk free. If he stayed away from Allison.

But the point is, it doesn't have to be so bad. I didn't know how Lydia would react but it couldn't possibly be that terrible. It wasn't like I was the werewolf. I mean, she's already been bitten by Peter and exposed to all of this. It seemed like she had at least some recollection of what happened that night. Maybe if I just told her, and explained what happened, it would be better for her.

I arrived at the vending machine before pulling a dollar out of my sweatpants pocket. I pressed "E3" for the Reese's Pieces cup after I put my dollar in the machine, the machine granting my request. I grinned as I pulled my chocolate-peanut butter goodness out of the machine before I walked back down the hallway.

"Hey, honey." I heard someone say.

I turned around, my eyes landing on my mom as she stood in front of me. "Hey, mom." I smiled. "How's it going?"

She shrugged, "Just another day. I was actually just coming by to check on that girlfriend of yours."

I couldn't refrain from grinning at the mention of my girlfriend, playing with the plastic surrounding my snack. She didn't even know that we were officially dating, she just called her my girlfriend anyway. "Yeah, I was just heading back there now." I informed her before we started to walk together, my mom holding her clipboard against her chest.

I always thought being a nurse was so cool. It was such an interesting job. You have so much effect on people's lives and you have the opportunity to help a lot of people. I knew there was a lot of bad sides and bad days too but I didn't think I would mind being one when I grew up.

"So how are things going with Lydia?" My mom asked, taking me out of my thoughts.

"Good." I smiled. "Really good, actually."

My mom laughed before she brought her hands up, "Okay, okay. That's enough, don't go any further."

I chuckled, "I wasn't gonna say anything, we haven't even done anything yet, we just started going out!"

"Devin!" She whined, plugging her ears with her fingers. I chuckled as I watched the annoyance on her face. I just liked messing with her, I knew she would find it gross. It was kind of funny.

She opened her mouth to say something before a hideous shriek erupted in the air, causing both of our eyes to widen. "Lydia?" I asked as I recognized the voice.

I ran into her room after my mom, Lydia's Dad following after us. We bursted through the bathroom door only to find an empty bathtub with the shower still running. I looked around in confusion, my eyes searching for Lydia. The bathroom wasn't that big, it was literally like 4x4. My eyes landed on the bathroom window, my face falling when I realized it was wide open.

"Where the hell is my girlfriend?"

>

"Naked? As in nude?" Sheriff Stilinski asked, confusion on his face as my mom told him about Lydia. I had already called Scott and Stiles because I knew that Scott would be able to find her faster, but my mom insisted on calling the cops of course.

"I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing, but, yes, as far as we know, she left her clothing - optional." My mom answered as we walked alongside the dirty-blonde haired man.

Stilinski nodded, putting his hands on his hips, "All right, you checked the whole hospital, right?"

"Every last corner." I said.

"Nothing suspicious?"

My mom shook her head, "Nothing. She just took off."

I wondered if Lydia was turning. She had to be going through something, right? I didn't know if the bite had healed but guessing from the way she winced earlier, it didn't seem like it had. Maybe something was happening to her and she freaked out. And then decided to leave. By hopping out of the window... Naked. Okay, there were definitely some flaws but I was just brainstorming.

Stiles' Dad turned to one of his deputies, pointing his pen at the man, "All right, let's get an APB out on a 16 - year - old redhead. Any other descriptors?"

"She's 5'3", green eyes, fair - skinned, and her hair is actually strawberry blonde." I explained, Stilinski looking at me with an amused smirk on his face.

"Strawberry blonde? Is that right?"

I nodded, "Yeah, actually."

"Well I'll make sure to write that down." He said, shaking his head as he walked away with a smile on his face.

I chuckled as I looked back to my mom who wore a pointed look, "Now you need to go home and get some sleep. You have school tomorrow. She was probably just tired of being cooped up in the hospital and took off." She tried to assure me.

I nodded, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Scott and Stiles are coming to pick me up."

My mom nodded before she kissed my head, "Gotta get back to work, tell the boys I said hi."

"Okay." I said as she walked away. I looked down the hall to see if any other hospital workers were nearby. I had to get Lydia's gown from her room so Scott could use it to catch her scent but I couldn't let my mom see me going back into her room. I knew Scott could find her I just hoped that when he did, we weren't gonna run into any extra trouble.

>

"This is the one she was just wearing?" Scott asked as I got into the back seat of Stiles' Jeep, handing him the blood-stained hospital gown. I could literally smell the blood as I was carrying it from her hospital room. I didn't know why I suddenly had such a good sense of smell. I felt like everything was turned up to ten. I didn't like it. I just nodded in response, resting my head on my hand against the window. "I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again." My brother assured me.

I sighed, "All right, just shove the thing in your face and let's find her."

Stiles started his Jeep, his lights coming on before Allison appeared right in front of them. "Oh!" He jumped in surprise as Allison made her way to the passenger window where Scott sat.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked in panic, his eyes wide. "Someone's gonna see us."

"I don't care - she is my best friend, and we need to find her before they do." Allison told us.

Scott furrowed his brows, "I can find her before the cops can."

"How about before my father does?"

"He knows she got bit?" I asked, sticking my head in between the seat to see her better.

The curly-haired brunette nodded, "Yeah. I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUVs."

"Search party."

The girl shrugged, "It's more like a hunting party."

Scott's eyes went wide before he flung open his passenger door, "Get in."

>>>

we're in the second half of the book now !! we're going through some big changes now, our main couple is finally a couple, our main character is going through big changes, i'm so happy that my book has over 600 reads now, thank you all for reading !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 1.4K 16
TEEN WOLF MOVIE MARKED COMPLETE FOR SAFETY MEASURES!! WILL UPDATE β„‹β„― π“Œπ’Άπ“ˆ π“ˆπ“Šπ“ƒπ“ˆπ’½π’Ύπ“ƒβ„―οΌŒ ℐ π“Œπ’Άπ“ˆ π“‚π’Ύπ’Ήπ“ƒπ’Ύβ„Šπ’½π“‰ 𝓇𝒢𝒾𝓃 teenwolf movie elihale...
102K 2.7K 12
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› wanda makes a fake reality so her ex-girlfriend will love her again or π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› callista barnes is taken from s.w.o.r.d and ma...
849K 52.1K 116
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
323K 7.2K 102
Genderswap!Rachel AU. Ryan Berry is looking for something. He just doesn't know what. Shelby Corcoran is looking for something too, only she knows wh...