Lies (High School DxD X Male...

By CoopTheWeeb

What do you do when your life is on the line? For Y/N Himejima, it was a simple trade. The lives of his famil... More

Prologue
Pain
Go Alone
Lost In Memories
Bloodline
Auburn Crown
Eyeless
My Fight
Waste Away
10 for 10
What If I Was Nothing
Nightmar3
Chiron
Life is Beautiful
My X Was Poison
What You've Become
Voices In My Head
Across the Line
Empty
My Wrongs
I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore
Sacrifices
Hurricane
Learn To Walk Again (Finale)

Patience

1.5K 51 6
By CoopTheWeeb

"Y/N, wake up." I look around and see Kuroka sitting at the edge of my bed.

"How did you get in here?"

"I came in as Akeno left, it wasn't hard." I sit up and stretch, Kuroka licking her lips as she sees my chest.

"So what are you doing here?"

"Sirzechs said that today was the school's open house, and he wanted you to join in on messing with Rias and the others."

"Are you going?"

"Of course. Any chance I get to mess with my little sister I'm going to take."  I stand and grab a change of clothes.

"Give me a minute." I get ready and rejoin Kuroka, and as we leave I see Sirzechs and Grayfia with a man I don't recognize.

"About time you got up, we've been waiting."

"Fuck you." Kuroka and I approach the trio.

"Y/N, this is my father, Zeoticus."

"Pleasure to meet you. I'd introduce myself but I feel like that's unnecessary." He smirks and nods.

"Quite. My son seems to think you're not so bad, so I'm going in with faith. To be fair, anyone willing to save my daughter is a good person in my eyes."

"How thoughtful." The five of us begin our walk to the academy. "Is everyone else already there?"

"Most likely. Rias didn't know we were coming until yesterday, and I'm sure she's dreading it." I start laughing.

"I doubt Akeno will be that embarrassed by seeing me, but there's no telling." After a few minutes, we arrive at the main building, and it occurs to me I've never seen the inside of the school, only the outside. As my eyes dart around I notice Issei's mom with a man I can only assume is his dad.

"Oh, hello Y/N. I wasn't expecting to see you here."

"This is the only chance I've had to attend this day, so I'm making the most of it." Everyone introduces themselves and begins chatting before a bell rings. Issei's parents and Kuroka all take off in another direction as I follow the Gremorys toward Rias and Akeno's class. Once we enter I notice Akeno isn't there, and I decide to leave and see if I can track her down. The first place I think to go is the old school building, and when I reach the clubroom the doors are locked.

"Akeno, it's me." The door unlocks and I enter. "Are you okay?"

"I hate this day." In her hand, I see a picture of the two of us with her parents, and I sit next to her and embrace her.

"That explains why I didn't know about it until now." My eyes focus on the picture, the thoughts in my head going back to simpler times.

"Y/N, do you think they would be proud of me?"

"Not a doubt in my mind that they would be." Tears fall from Akeno's eyes and I wipe them away, her head tucking into my chest as the waterworks flow harder. "I hate to think like this, but the worst thing that ever happened to you was me."

"You were also the best." Akeno's tear-stained eyes meet mine.

"Let's get out of here. They wouldn't want us to be upset on a day like today."

"I'm not going to class Y/N." I stand and grab her hand gently.

"I never said you were. First, we're going to go home so you can put something more comfortable on, and then you're going to have a good day with your big brother. If Rias or anyone else has a problem with it then they answer to me, and that's not something any of them will want." Akeno stands and joins me. "Teleport us home so we have some time before anyone notices." She does as I ask and quickly changes out of her school uniform before rejoining me.

"Does this work?"

"That's not my question to answer." I open the door and Akeno and I leave.

"Where are we going?"

"How about a casino? It's been too long since I've gotten to take it easy and gamble." Akeno shrugs her shoulders and we start walking. "There's a specific place I like to go to, but we'll be walking for a little while."

"You know we don't have to worry about money, right?" I chuckle at Akeno's question.

"It's not always about making money, but about stealing someone else's."

"You use your Sharingan, don't you?"

"Of course I do." Akeno shakes her head, though her smirk is apparent. "I haven't been banned yet, but I think today I'll run them until they're broke. After that, we'll go to the most expensive restaurant in Kuoh and reserve it for ourselves."

"You think you'll make that much?"

"I know I will." After fifteen more minutes of walking, we reach our destination. I activate my Sharingan and the bouncer recognizes me on our way in.

"Y/N, it's been a while."

"That it has." He looks at Akeno.

"Who's the lovely lady?"

"My sister." He takes a step back as his expression changes. "I'll see you later."

"He seemed nervous."

"He was here the last time I was here. A band of fallen angels decided to try and get me while I was at a table, but they played the long game. I was caught off guard, but I managed to take it outside and away from anyone that could have gotten hurt. It could always happen again, but my habits aren't the same as a few years ago." I grab some chips and make my way to a blackjack table.

"There's our high roller. The rest of you may want to leave the table, you're not beating him."

"I'll test my luck." My eyes hit the other end of the table and see a man with sunglasses and a suit.

"You look familiar, but I can't say from where. Hopefully, you're not blowing your daughter's college fund here."

"Trust me, I'm not worried about it." Before the first hand is dealt I see a blonde woman join him, and from a distance, I spot a muscular man with a tank top and dog tags on coming to join them as well. The cards hit my end of the table and I quickly check them, 17 being my number.

"Hit." The dealer tosses me another card and I see a 3, telling me that I've got all I need. Upon revealing our cards I show a 20 while the man on the other side shows 19.

"You went on 17? Are you crazy?"

"A little bit." I throw more chips and get my next two cards, a 5 and an Ace. I take another card and catch a 4, meaning I hit 20 again should I choose. As I analyze the dealer I realize I'm not going to have luck with my next one, but my competitor doesn't fare so well and goes over with 24. A few more hands go by and I look around at the rest of the room. My hand wanders into my pocket and I hand Akeno some money, pointing her to a slot machine that will hit big soon.

"You better not blow another one A-List."

"You think you can do better than me take my spot." He switches places with the other man with him, and as he sits down he lights a cigar.

"Sir, there is no smoking here."

"Take it easy on him, he's just getting his mind right." My opponent smirks at me.

"I like you kid." We get our cards and I see double 2s. Three more cards give me 13 in total, making me realize the deck is a bit screwed at this current moment. Looking over my options I decide to stay, but another card is taken on the other side. "Damn." He reveals 22 and I chuckle to myself. "Dumb move staying there kid."

"Considering what I just saw, I'll have to say the opposite. How about we make this interesting? Toss in everything you three have and I'll match it, winner takes all."

"Jax, do you know how much we have? Take it!" After some bickering between the two spectators and Akeno returning to the table, we decide to bet it all. Once I get my cards I can't help the smirk I get, and I quickly reveal my cards and show my 10 and Ace of Spades.

"I suppose it isn't much you can do about that." I take the chips from the table and ask Akeno to help me carry them. Once we cash out we leave the casino and head back to Kuoh, the sun setting on the horizon as we arrive. We head downtown and find a nice restaurant, and as we enter I show the money that I earned at the casino, and we're taken upstairs where we have the floor to ourselves. Akeno and I sit at the corner of the floor, and after ordering some food a bottle of vodka is brought to us. Once our waitress walks away Akeno leans over to me, and I know what she's going to say.

"Don't say that you're not old enough, it's just alcohol." I pour two glasses and Akeno hesitantly lifts hers. "Cheers to Mom and Dad. If you're going to be upset with Akeno for drinking then hold it against me." Our glasses click together and we drink. "What do you think?"

"It's good."

"I'm surprised you haven't done anything like this, but I guess you've got to keep some sort of image up." I lean back in the booth and take another drink. "If you want my opinion, learn to take some time for yourself. Let your hair down and enjoy life, otherwise, you'll lose time that you'll wish that you had. Of course, you've got more time than I do, but make sure you enjoy your time while you're young." I look over at Akeno and see her finishing her glass. "I see how it is. You're trying to outdrink me while I'm giving you good advice." I finish mine and pour another for each of us. "If you're trying to keep up with me you're poorly mistaken."

"I'll take my chances."

Three Hours Later

"See, I told you." As Akeno and I head back home I pick her up and start carrying her. "I don't get to drink much anymore, but I wasn't going to let you try to outdrink me."

"I'm fine," Akeno slurs.

"Yeah, I'm sure you are. That's why I'm having to carry you home." I open the door and help Akeno to her room, but once her feet hit the floor I can tell that she's about to be sick. She gets to the bathroom and starts throwing up, and I hold her hair back to help her out. After a few minutes, she picks herself up and heads back to her room.

"I probably shouldn't have urged you to have that much," I say as she lays down.

"No, it's okay. I had a great time."

"I'm glad." Akeno reaches her hand over and holds onto mine.

"Y/N, can you stay here with me tonight?"

"Really?" Akeno looks at me desperately.

"Please?"

"Yeah, just give me a second." I leave her room and get some water, grabbing a glass for me and one for her. When I return she looks at me strangely.

"No, I don't want more." I laugh and hand her the glass.

"It's water, calm down." She finishes hers and takes mine, and without any resistance from me, she downs that one as well. I say down next to her and she inches closer to me.

"Thank you Y/N."

"How do you feel?"

"My head hurts and I don't think I could walk straight right now, but other than that, I feel fine." I laugh and Akeno's arms creep around me. "I had a great time today Y/N."

"Me too. I'm glad that we got to have a day away from everything, and no matter what happens, we'll be fine." Akeno inches up and kisses me.

"I love you Y/N."

"I love you too, Akeno." Her eyes close and I feel the exhaustion take me over, and we fall asleep together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 684 15
Hi, I'm Yuki Dakede. Yuki means snow, and Dakede means Alone. My last name fits me, because I'm the last remaining survivor of the Dakede Clan, I'm a...
122K 5.2K 17
What would you do if the entire world was set against you? Let alone for something that you had no part in. Itachi Uchiha, patient # 0124, wrongly co...
6.5K 153 9
This story tells the point of view of Shidou Hyoudou, the adoptive brother of Issei Hyoudou. Everything followed normally until one day his brother h...
23.3K 747 19
!Cover Photo DOES NOT belong to me! Top Naruto x Bottom Reader I now have a second book. But it's Bottom Naruto x Top Reader. They aren't connected. ...