"Real Ambition to be a Shinob...

By Legacylyric33

Naruto Uzumaki, many would argue that he is one of the strongest Shinobi to ever live! Is he really though? W... More

Chapter 1: My Eyes Are Now Open!
Chapter 2: Time to Train!
Chapter 3: Time to Keep to my Word!
Chapter 4: Preparing for Graduation and the Genin Exam!
Chapter 5: Traitor, Team 7 Test, and Missions!
Chapter 6: The Land of Waves Mission!
Chapter 7: Uzushiogakure and Gato, end of the Mission!
Chapter 8: Preparing for The Chunin Exams!
Chapter 9: The Chunin Exams Begin!
Chapter 10: To Save Kirigakure and the Conclusion of the Chunin Exams!
Chapter 11: Hiruzen's Last Fight and a New Hokage!
Chapter 13: The Future is Looking Bright!
Chapter 14: Where the Travels Take Me... and a Reunion or Two!

Chapter 12: The Fifth Hokage and Preparing for the Future!

941 19 2
By Legacylyric33

(In the Hokage's Office, a Few Hours Later)

Hiruzen: "So that is what happened. I knew sending him was a great idea." *Smiling*

Tsunade: "Sensei, the kid is a total wild card. How did he get so strong? I'm surprised at how calm you are about all of this. You seem less stressed than before, granted that was long ago, but still! Did you finally figure out the secret to paperwork or something?" *Chuckles*

Hiruzen: *smirks* "I didn't, Naruto gave me the answer."

Tsunade: *faulters* "H-how, that was the one thing no one has had an answer to. Like, you're the "Professor", the "God of Shinobi". You're telling me that this kid blessed you with the solution to the curse of being Hokage?"

Hiruzen: *Laughs* "Yes, while it's true that Naruto is unique. He is exceptionally gifted. He has also worked extremely hard. Truth be told, he is a Sage, a Kenjutsu and Fuinjutsu master, has control of the Nine-Tailed Fox, and is above a Jonin in all areas. I don't think anyone could beat him in an all-out fight. Except, if he knew nothing about the person that is. Or maybe the surprise of another's abilities, that might let the battle lean in their favor. He is also the head of the Uzumaki clan and leader of Uzushiogakure, if you didn't know. He has even gotten us a lot of trade and alliance deals."

Tsunade: *just done and sits down* "Well goody for him, what can't he do?"

Hiruzen: *Chuckles* "Not much. Now, tomorrow will be your coronation for the position as the Fifth Hokage of Konoha. Afterwards there are somethings we'll have to take care of. Jiraiya will be here, as well as Naruto with his team. I'll explain in a bit, but for now. *Pulls out a scroll* Naruto said that we should sign this and let him run with it."

Tsunade: "Did you read it?"

Hiruzen: *Signing it* "Of course, it is a pardon for Itachi Uchiha, for the murder of the Uchiha clan."

Tsunade: "Why in the hell are you signing it then!?"

Hiruzen: "Because the Uchiha Clan's extermination was assigned to Itachi as mission. Which he carried out. We soon later came to realized, that Danzo planned the Uchiha clans' revolt, by slowly taking their importance and power away. Then, when there was an Uchiha who was ready to stop the revolt, by controlling the heads of the Uchiha clan with an extremely powerful Genjutsu, which couldn't be broken from. Danzo, stopped this attempt at a peaceful revolution in order to get rid of the Uchiha clan and take the Mangekyo Sharingan from the boy. Which is able to be used by him now, as well as an entire arm of fully matured Sharingan on his arm. Which is now made from Hashirama cells, so it can hold the power of the Sharingans. Thanks to Orochimaru. So, by signing this, if Naruto ever comes across Itachi, he can bring him home."

Tsunade: "That damn old coward! What the hell Sensei? Why is he still around?"

Hiruzen: "That is what we're all gonna be taking care of tomorrow. Now, would you sign the paper? I only signed it as a nod to Itachi when he sees it, and since I was the one who assigned him the mission and made him a missing Shinobi."

Tsunade: *signs it* "Does the last Uchiha know?"

Hiruzen: "I think Naruto is telling him later tonight, it's just a waiting game until then. Oh, Naruto may ask you to train someone as well, oh and the hospital will be yours to do with as you please. He said that in exchange, he'll give you copies of the Uzumaki healing technique that he found in Uzu, as well as the secret to paperwork."

Tsunade: "Hmmm, couldn't I just wait for a bit and have you tell me the secret to paperwork later?"

Hiruzen: "Please, if Minato didn't tell me it. There's no way I'm telling you, you'll have to deal with the curse if you don't accept his conditions." *Laughs* 

Tsunade: *groans* "God Damnit, that brat. He really is gonna be a pain in my ass! Fine I guess, I hope this person at least is competent!" *Gets up and opens the door to leave* "See you in the morning Sensei, I may be late, because I'm going to drink the rest of the day away!" *Slams the door*

Hiruzen: *laughs* "Well, I wonder what Naruto is planning right now. He is constantly doing something; I can only dream of how crazy it is?" 

(With Naruto)

Naruto: *going into his house* "Home sweet home!" *Goes and sits down in the living room, seeing a scroll* "What do we have here? Let's check it out, seem to be the report from Hiruki and my clones."

(The Letter)

~

Hello Naruto-Sama! This is the progress report of Uzushiogakure. So far, we have met all the demands for the trade good to export. We have created many more add-ons as well. We were able to create multiple tanks to store the water in. They hold over 750 liters of water, with a total of 5 of them. We have two of these tanks filled with salt from the sea. We have created separate rooms to each hold our, ice, stone, and wood. We also came up with the idea, that you should create metal style soon. It'll be harder/ more chakra consuming. But that way we can create regular metals and chakra metal ourselves. We have developed the room to keep all the fish we have caught. We have been using two of the tanks to keep live fish, as well as preserving fresh dead ones. We have even had the option to smoke the fish and also create jerky out of it. One of your clones came up with the idea, to sell canteens as well. They would have a seal on the inside of the bottom, which would once it's dry would refill through the seal. No matter where in the elemental nations from our tanks here. We have already made over 2,000 of them.

I'm happy to report that the Land of Hot water, Tea, Moon, Keys, Waves, Vegetables, Frost, Honey, Bears, Birds, Mountains, Demons, Fangs, Forests, Woods, Valleys, as well as the Bamboo Village, Genjutsu Tree Village, Hacho Village, Hoshigakure, Village Hidden Among Stars, Howling Wolf Village, and Sunagakure have all agreed to the alliance/ trade contracts. We had a few close calls, but the promise of homes in Uzushiogakure, the 200,000 Ryo, and the Uzumaki Fuinjutsu levels 1-4 were all used to reel them in. Everyone is planning to meet in Wave country in a month or so or are sending a delegate in their stead. Good news, Gaara is the new Kazekage. So cool right, it really worked. Along with the news above, the homes are also completed. We even manage to talk to Tazuna about building the roads and bridges over the next year or so in Uzu. We are waiting a bit though to let the alliances sink in to ask for manpower. Hopefully, once everything in the elemental nations settles, we can start bigger projects. I had figured that when creating the contract tax reform percentage, the tax for going into another's land when unified in the trade agreement with Uzushiogakure, would be a total of 10% of the normal travel tax. They all still signed, so it's a blessing. They were happy to hear of your abilities as well Naruto-Sama. Some would later ask for the ability to pull out of the contracts if you don't meet their expectations. Those were most of the Villages. But what can we do, you'll have to show them why you're amazing when we all meet in Wave Country. We told them that after the meet up is when we'll be ready to provide all the accommodations that we promise on, from citizen housing, trade, teachings. Everything!

~Hiruki 

Hey me! We're doing great, lots of missteps, but all's going according to plan. Hopefully when you read this you can dispel us, because some of us are getting cranky. Please, create more than 50 and send them through over the next week most of us have been here for two weeks now. Would very much appreciate leaving, somehow, I found myself in charge of all of us?! God, it sucks. See ya boss.

Naruto: *laughs* "Sweet! All going great. Sucks to be a clone. I'll get started on that tomorrow after everything is settled. Now, to do the thing that is gonna cause some problems. Sasuke... hope you take the news well." *Gets up and goes towards the door* "Oh wait! *Grabs his Kunai, then puts it back* Might as well take the scenic route this time around."

(At the Uchiha Compound: Sasuke's House)

Naruto: *standing in front of his door* 'I'm definitely gonna need ramen after this.' *Knocks on the door* 

Sasuke: *Opens the door* "N-Naruto, back already huh?! What's up, it's almost dinner. Did you want to come in and eat?"

Naruto: "Sure, sounds good to me. Plus, we can talk and catch up on what's been happening over the past month or so."

Sasuke: *Shows him into the kitchen and begins making their plates* "So, how did the search go? Did you successfully bring back Tsunade Senju to be the Hokage?"

Naruto: "Actually yea, took a bit to find her. But got in some good training with pervy sage."

Sasuke: *chuckles* "Well you're not the only one. I was able to work on the dog contract some more and am now their summoner. My eyes are progressing too.

I now have my eyes fully matured. We have been working hard, we together have made Kakashi use his Sharingan to fight us seriously. Sakura has also been working on some things as well. She has gotten really into poisons and senbons recently. We each have our set of Jutsu. Mine for fire and lightning as well, five for each. While Sakura has five for each in water and earth Jutsu. We're easily the strongest Chunin in the village. So, how about you? What did you work on? Did you want to talk about anything, because it seems like you wanted to say something since, I opened the door?"

Naruto: "Oh, well I worked on a lot. Mostly experience in Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. I of course worked on Sealing. I have a couple of ideas ratting around up here that I've been wanting to work on. But haven't had the time. I'll start once everything calms down and we have free time for missions and training... Now, I do have something to talk with you about." *Completely serious*

Sasuke: *sees this and drops his smile* "Okay, what's it about?"

Naruto: "The promise I made to you to talk about after we became Chunin."

Sasuke: "Itachi."

Naruto: "Yup. Now, here's the truth. Itachi, is a great Shinobi as you know. Skilled above all. But he was also a very loyal Shinobi. Not to his clan, but to Konoha. A couple months before the Uchiha Clan Massacre. Itachi as you know was an Anbu. Your father must not have thought that Itachi was gonna rat out the clan. but he did. the Uchiha Clan council and your father were planning to overthrow the Anbu and Hokage, in a revolt. *Sees Sasuke's shocked face* I wouldn't say it if it weren't true. Now, one might think. How did this lead to the Massacre? Why not deal with those who are responsible. Well, it came down to shadowy figures, manipulation, and a time crunch. Turns out, the massacre was planned for years by one person. Danzo, one of the Konoha head elders. Over the years he worked his way, into subjugating the Uchiha clan. Making them lose power and respect within the village. He moved them, disbanded the police force. He's done a lot. Even played on your father's hate for those who look down on him and your clan. Though, there was good news. An Uchiha, Shisui Uchiha to be precise. Had his Mangekyo Sharingan. It has an ability to cast a Genjutsu which allows you to command or persuade anyone into following anything. It can't be broken either. But it's a one-use thing. Danzo, new of this. So, he killed Shisui and took his Sharingan. Even though his body was never found. He probably went to Itachi, one of his only friends. Giving him his other eye. This is what I think gave Itachi his Mangekyo that or killing the entire clan, I'm not positive. Itachi had to resort to the backup plan. Lord third and the council agreed on these plans, as did Shisui and Itachi. But once Shisui died, Itachi carried out his Shinobi duty to rid a threat to the safety of Konoha. But he was supposed to kill all the Uchiha's, but he couldn't kill you. Plus, I assume that's why he's so hell bent on you getting stronger. that way you can kill him and free him from his own guilt. Lord third, didn't know about what Danzo did. None of it actually. Danzo is extremely dangerous. I have no clue how strong Shisui's Mangekyo is, or what one can do with it. But I know that he has an arm and eye socket made of Hashirama Senju's cells, which allow him to use the Sharingans however he likes with minimal drawback. He has many fully matured Sharingan running along his arm. It's masked by old war injuries. *Sees Sasuke pissed*

Sasuke: *Three Tomoe Spins* "I"LL KILL HIM!"

Naruto: *Hold up a one-handed sign* (Roots shoot up and capture him) "Calm down."

Sasuke: *struggles for a moment then looks to Naruto* "W-WHY?"

Naruto: "Just calm down, we're gonna take care of Danzo tomorrow, I can't let you ruin the plan by trying to kill him right now. But if you want your chance, be ready tomorrow morning. I'm gonna capture him, and then you can kill him. I promise, have I ever lied to you?"

Sasuke: *calms down and stops struggling* "No... okay. Tell me the plan." 

Naruto: *drops the hand sign and the roots go back down* "Sit down and let's finish eating, I'll explain everything. Plus, I want to catch you up on my plans for Uzushiogakure too. For future endeavors." 

Naruto and Sasuke talk the night away, discussing how everything will go down in the morning. Missions and plans for the future. The current and future goals and businesses of Uzushiogakure. As well as the plan on bringing back Itachi.

(The Next Morning in the Hokage's Office)

Naruto: *comes into the room* "Congrats Granny on becoming the Fifth Hokage. *Sees all the teams and present, as well as the Third Hokage* Oh, well damn. Guess this is a meeting for everyone."

Third Hokage: "Yes Naruto. Tsunade has called this meeting since the coronation has ended. We can now start over, with a new leaf. Which means I am officially retired!"

Everyone: *smiles* (Some chuckle)

Tsunade: "Yes yes Sensei, we know how thrilled you are. Now, Lord third has made it clear that he has sent all the Jonin leaders the reports and file on the group called the Akatsuki. From what we know, they will be ready to move within a year or so. You can fill in your squads after this if you'd like. Other than that. I have missions for you all starting this week. Team 7 you'll be going to the Land of Snow for a mission. As well as the other team having big missions. This will be testing your abilities as Chunin. Don't disappoint. Now Naruto, you Sensei said that you wanted me to train someone. Who?" *Everyone looks at Naruto*

Naruto: "Thanks for putting me on the spot like that Granny. I ask you to train Ino, Hinata, and Sakura. Hinata and Ino, need to be able to heal their teammates. Sakura is already a level 10 medic in accordance with Konoha training levels that you lined out in the medical section of the library. *Sees Tenten look at him* Sorry Tenten, but from what I can sense, I don't think you'd be adept to learning Medical Ninjutsu. You're welcome to try. But *Pulls out two small scrolls* these are two special scrolls, worth more than probably any piece of equipment ever. What I used to heal Lee of his injuries, the seal for it is in the scrolls. All you have to do is funnel Chakra into the scrolls over time. When the Chakra bursts back at you, they're full. It took over a fifth of my Chakra to heal Lee. So, you'll have to put close to twenty times your Chakra levels into these scrolls. It being full, could basically reverse death, as long as the person is hanging on. The amount of Chakra in the scroll, the more injuries and severity of injury it can heal. This doesn't leave this room though."

Tsunade: "Wait, you did what?"

Naruto: "Oh yea, no one would have told you yet. Plus, the hospital staff kind of hate me, but whatever. Lee was severally injured. To the point that the head medic said that his career was probably over. That no one could heal his absolutely crushed leg. They said if you were here, there would at least be a slight chance. So, I took my self-healing technique, which I call the Uzumaki Seal Release: Mastery Pinpoint Heal. Like you, *Removes his headband, revealing a complex swirl* I have a seal full of Medical Ninjutsu Chakra. Mine is less of a full body regeneration, more of an extremely fast healing session. So yeah, I can't be giving these out to every team. They are way too hard to make, and way too valuable for that. It'd be too dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands. So please train the other women present, that way I feel like I have helped further the safety of Konoha's future. Oh, also *Pulls out a scroll and rolls it out on the table* (Laying there are 4 Kunai)

I ask that the Jonin of teams 8, 9, and 10. Take one of the Kunai present, you all most likely know what they are for. If you find yourselves in a life-or-death situation, run a good amount of Chakra through the Kunai. I'll be there instantly. You're also welcome to use it as a weapon, it is Chakra conductive. The last one is for you Granny. If you need me, or just want to see your family when I'm far in the future. You're welcome to use it at any time."

Tsunade: *softly smiles* 'Damn brat, still going to watch out for me huh?'... You heard him take a Kunai. If the Akatsuki are present at all within the next year and a half. Please call on Naruto. They are all Mission Shinobi, with an S-rank attached to them. Don't get cocky! Naruto, I will start their Medical Ninjutsu evaluation tomorrow. You are all dismissed, except for those I talked to before and Sasuke Uchiha."

Everyone: *leaves after taking a Kunai*

Naruto: "So, when is he coming?"

Tsunade: "Any moment n-"

(The Door Opens)

Danzo: *walks in* "I saw that everyone left, I didn't want to interrupt, so I waited. You called for me, I as already on my way to see you as well. Congratulations on becoming the Fifth Hokage Tsunade." *Slightly smiles*

Tsunade: "Elder Danzo, how punctual. I was actually calling you in to talk about a few changes that I'll be making. Also, Naruto has given us all some gifts, so I'd like for you to take this. In case I am ever away from the village in meeting with other leaders and or Kage. Naruto will most likely be one of my guards. If the worst ever happens Naruto is to report to you at that moment. *Throws him the Kunai*

Danzo: *catches it* "I-

Naruto: *Teleports directly in front of him placing his palms on his head and arm* "Uzumaki Master Seal: Dojutsu Bind!"

Naruto gets rushed by two Anbu and he creates two clones to take the hit. In which he slams two Rasengans, one in each Root Anbu member.

Danzo: *slams into the wall* "W-WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!"

Tsunade: "Well, if you must know. This is what you call, killing a traitor."

Naruto: "I wouldn't bother using your eyes. I highly doubt that even Shisui's genjutsu could capture me while in Sage mode. I have for now, permanently made those Sharingan unusable. Which mean that you won't be able to stop this. 

Sasuke: *appears in front of Danzo* "CHIDORI!" *Thrusts his hand through Danzo's heart, electricity cracking in his hand on the other side.

(But in the Hokage office and a seal on his head)

Danzo: *spits out blood* "S-Sarutobi, y-you... *Can't gather the strength to speak anymore*

Hiruzen: "I told you that things might end this way, it was time. If the Roots are bad and sick, the rest of the tree goes with it. But if we harvest a sapling from the tree, we can make it stand tall again. Your way just doesn't help Konoha in the way it truly needs. Plus, you have done far more than what even I know you've done to deserve this outcome. I hope sensei can explain better than I when you see him. Sorry, old friend. *Turns away as he sees Danzo's eyes glaze over*

*A/n* (Bet none of you saw that going that smoothly huh? And it's staying like that. I hate Danzo as a whole character. I kind of agree with the root as an organization, but not the programming they do to the members. Ya know?)

Danzo: *Dead on the floor*

Kakashi: *Body Flickers to the body and picks it up* "I'll take his body to Anbu headquarter, Anko, the Head Commander, and myself will harvest the Sharingan and seal them in the scroll Naruto gave us."

Tsunade: *nods*

Sasuke: "Since I'm no longer needed, can I

Hiruzen: "Sasuke Uchiha *Faces him*, I want you to know how sorry I am. If Danzo had never gotten in Shisui's way maybe my decision wouldn't have been as it was. I am sorry that I, your brother, and Danzo took so much from you. Even though Itachi and I did it with regret and a heavy heart, we still did it. He chose to carry it out, and I chose for it to be one of the only options. I'm not going to ask for forgiveness, but just please know how truly sorry I am."

Sasuke: *Shocked/Confused/Sad/A bit Angry* (He breathes) "I- Thank you for that. I will probably need time to forgive you. Let alone Itachi, but hopefully I have a while before I have to see him. I think I'm just going to head home and rest before training tomorrow. See you then Naruto. Lord Third, Lord Fifth." *Body Flickers Home*

Hiruzen: "Well that went okay, I guess. Now Tsunade, is there anything else you need of me, in terms of Hokage leadership?"

Tsunade: "I want to say yes, but you and Naruto really got everything in order for me. Including the council, now Danzo is dealt with. Naruto, we have Anbu and Jonin all surrounding the Root Headquarters and all exits. As well as that fool Jiraiya. Oh, and here. *Pulls out a box from the drawer* This is a gift from Jiraiya, Kakashi, the old man here, and myself. Put it on so we can see how it fits. As of today, you are officially an Elite Jonin of Konoha....

Naruto opens it and is shocked, slowly puts it on while admiring it.

We took a little inspiration from your dad's cloak, but gave it a more 'you' color scheme.

(What they see)

Naruto: *appretiation written alll over his face, eyes watering slightly* "T-Thank you so much, Granny, Gramps! *Hugs them both* I think I rock this."

Old man and Tsunade: 'You sure do kid.' 

Naruto: "Oh, I have gift for you both as well. Granny Tsunade, in terms of what I'm bringing for the future of Konoha and to everyone here. I feel the gift should be one that will personally make your life better. So, I will reveal to you the secret to defeating paperwork. The secret is to.... use Shadow Clones."

Tsunade: *Falls out of her chair* "You've got to be kidding me. Was it really that simple all this time, I swear for the God of Shinobi and Professor, you're getting senile sensei if you couldn't figure that out before the kid? Thank you so much for that Naruto, I owe you one. Now I can go drink and relax instead of doing paperwork."

Naruto: "Or you could go to the hospital with Shizune to help reinvent it and the medics there."

Tsuande: *annoyed face* "Why do you have to ruin my fun?!"

Naruto: *Shrugs his shoulders* "If it were that easy, there'd be no point for the Hokage to do the work of Hokage at all. Now, for you Gramps."

Hiruzen: "You didn't really have to Naruto. My retirement is already enough, trust me."

Naruto: "I know it is. Yet, how about you help me out instead. I mean, I could use some help in Uzushiogakure. To start writing out laws for more specific things that we'll have that wasn't there before. Also, with the influx of people, and taxes for living there. I don't know too much. So, if you'd maybe want to retire and go to Uzu, that would be a great help. Plus, you have your own giant mansion there with a view of the sea. If not, you could always vacation there for a bit, but still live in Konoha. I just really could use your knowledge and help Gramps."

Hiruzen: 'Damn....' "Okay, that sounds good to me. I think I'll vacation there for a few weeks every two months or so. Plus, I really want to spend some time training Konohamaru and hanging out with him while I can, during in my retirement that is."

Naruto: "Sweet, thanks Gramps!" *Hugs him* "Now I'm off. A bowl... Several bowls of Ichiraku ramen are calling to me. Bye!" *Body Flickers out of the office*

Word Count: 4,387

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 45 6
I don't own Naruto or it's characters. This fanfic will not follow the cannon. At the age 4 Naruto Uzumaki was brutally attacked by mob and left to d...
27K 486 58
Saruto Hyuga, an orphan in Konoha village, finally gets an answer to his life-long question. Once a boy with no history, no hope and no parents, he f...
58.5K 2.2K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...