EMPEROR | haikyuu x male ✔

By annabeth-973

❝ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴋɪɴɢ, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴ ᴇᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ? ɪ'ᴍ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʜɪɢʜ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟᴇʀꜱ, ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴏʏᴀʟᴛɪᴇꜱ. ❞ ... More

| chapter one. |
| chapter two. |
| chapter three. |
| chapter four. |
| chapter five. |
| chapter six. |
| chapter seven. |
| chapter eight. |
| chapter nine. |
| chapter ten. |
| chapter eleven. |
| chapter twelve. |
| chapter thirteen. |
| chapter fourteen. |
| chapter fifteen. |
| chapter sixteen. |
| chapter seventeen. |
| chapter eighteen. |
| chapter nineteen. |
| chapter twenty. |
| chapter twenty one. |
| chapter twenty two. |
| chapter twenty three. |
| chapter twenty four. |
| chapter twenty five. |
| chapter twenty six. |
| chapter twenty seven. |
| chapter twenty eight. |
| chapter twenty nine. |
| chapter thirty. |
| chapter thirty one. |
| chapter thirty two. |
| chapter thirty three. |
| chapter thirty four. |
| chapter thirty five. |
| chapter thirty six. |
| chapter thirty seven. |
| chapter thirty eight. |
| chapter thirty nine. |
| chapter forty. |
| chapter forty one. |
| chapter forty two. |
| chapter forty three. |
| chapter forty four. |
| chapter forty five. |
| chapter forty six. |
| chapter forty seven. |
| chapter forty eight. |
| chapter forty nine. |
| chapter fifty. |
| chapter fifty one. |
side story : 2
side story : 3
side story : 4

side story : 1

5.9K 261 36
By annabeth-973

SIDE STORY: 1

"DON'T FORGET TO COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNMENTS. I give you three days. Place it on my desk in a folder with all of you in this class. I'm not going to review it if you're even a minute late," the elderly man said before closing the book and tablet he was carrying and walking out of the room. The blackboards were still scribbled on, and the projector screen was stretched out.

The previously tense atmosphere in the room became suddenly noisy. They quickly clean up their belongings and scatter out of the room to the next class.

"Do you have another class after this, Naoto?" A woman and her friends approached the man who was sitting in the middle of the row of chairs. A little stands out with his tall body and that Asian face.

"No," He replied curtly, standing up and wrapping the strap of his backpack around his shoulder.

The woman immediately smiled broadly in relief. "Would you like to join us at the cafe for Professor Philip's assignment?" She asked softly, pointing to her friend's group, which included one woman and two men who were still patiently waiting for an answer.

The man only glanced briefly. "Can't. I'm busy. Maybe next time."

Then he walked away.

The woman sighed, her gaze fixed on Naoto, who had vanished through the door. "Naoto is always busy, isn't he?"

"He has companies to run, it's only natural," one of them replied.

"But it's a bit sad, he's still young and has such a large responsibility," one of the men said. "I mean, my parents will hand over the company after I graduate and complete a two-year internship. So I still have a long way to go."

"Well, his situation is a little different than yours."

"Much different, actually."

"Yeah, you're right."

Yanagi was exiting his faculty building at the time. His firm steps and sturdy body managed to make the people around him pave the way for him on this busy afternoon.

His goal this time was the library, borrowed some books, and then went to his office. It's always the same when he finishes his studies for the day. Lunch? He will eat when he has lunch with his colleagues or in the cafeteria.

The man skipped right to the section he wanted. Take some books, read them for a while, and then look for books that are similar to what he is looking for. He had enough time to choose the books and place them on the table provided. Sit down and then return to reviewing the materials inside. To decide whether or not to borrow this book.

"Wow."

Yanagi's movements came to a halt. He blinked briefly before looking up at the familiar voice.

"Hello there, sunfish bastard."

Yanagi remained silent. However, his eyes widened slightly as he noticed someone sitting in front of him with a grin on his face. Enjoying his reactions.

"Akinori," he finally responded after a few seconds. Yanagi cleared his throat briefly to regain his concentration. "What brings you here?"

"Meeting my girlfriend," he jokingly said and Yanagi frowned. "Of course, to meet you. What else?"

"You don't have to come here; I'll be back in Japan in two months," Yanagi said, closing the books he'd been reading for a while.

"It's up to me; I want to be the one to visit you, not the other way around. My parents also agree. Even though my main goal is to take a vacation. Please don't tell mom," Konoha responded abruptly. He glared at Yanagi as a warning not to tell his parents the reason. "Eh, why do you close it? Didn't you just read it?"

"I can read it later," he said as he pulled Konoha's arm to follow him.

After completing the process of borrowing books through the system, the two of them exited the library. "Are you busy today?"

"No," he said, casting a quick glance at Konoha. "Would you like to eat lunch now?"

Konoha nodded firmly. "I want to go to Area Four."

"Area Four? Pizza?" Yanagi frowned disapprovingly. "Why not go to Hokkaido Ramen? Their ramen is great."

"Heh!" Konoha glared at him. "I'm here for a vacation and to try new things. I can buy ramen at home."

Yanagi chose not to respond. Even though he misses Japanese food, especially now that Konoha is here, he can cook for him.

"What's wrong with you? Are you sulking?"

"No."

The dirty blond-haired man furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. The man in front of him had remained silent the entire time. Well, he's a man who doesn't talk much. However, his response and intonation are shorter and colder. It made Konoha confused.

Or.... what if Yanagi doesn't like him here? Did he actually have a lot of work? Is that how he felt burdened with him being here? Because he's here unnoticed? Well, his actual plan is: He's going to visit Yanagi once. 'Once' okay? And then he would explore Boston, or even go to New York by himself. H-I-M-S-E-L-F. Oh, don't forget to take some photos for his parents. 

Okay, Konoha is overthinking now.

Konoha took a slice of pizza and bit into it. Managed to get rid of that negative feeling in an instant from the delicious taste.

"How's college going?" Yanagi finally spoke, which caused one of Konoha's eyebrows to raise.

"Don't talk about it. I'm here for vacation," he answered quickly. Raising his hand as a 'stop' sign for Yanagi not to discuss that again later.

"Where are you staying?"

"At the hotel."

"Why not in my apartment?"

"Don't wanna."

Yanagi arched his brow in disapproval. "Why? You wouldn't have to pay for a hotel room if you stayed at my place, and I could take better care of you."

"Noooo," Konoha whined by making a cross with his arms. "I want to experience the hotel here. The breakfast. The service and facilities too."

"I'm confident that my place is much better and wider in terms of facilities. For the breakfast, I can make the chef prepare the food you want. For service, I can call some maids or butlers for you," Yanagi objected.

"But it's different. It feels like your place when I'm there. When I'm in a hotel, I feel like I'm in a hotel, on vacation," Konoha rolled his eyes lazily. "Come on, you won't get it."

"Make me understand."

"I don't want to waste my time and energy on it."

○ ♚ ○

Yanagi pushed open the door to his apartment. He wanted to shower or at the very least change his clothes. He'd just finished his gym session this morning, and his body was already sweating; even his shirt was stamped with the curves of his hard work.

"Wow, it's 7 a.m. and you're already done working out? I thought that while you're here, you'll wake up like them too," When he heard a voice from the kitchen, Yanagi looked up, surprised. Seeing Konoha dressed in an apron and holding a spatula. About their little argument yesterday, Konoha eventually won that. That's why he was taken aback as to why the man was suddenly in his place.

"Habits," Yanagi mumbled, walking curiously towards Konoha and looking at the saucepan. "You― "

"What? Touched? You gave me the silent treatment yesterday because I wanted pizza and wanted to stay at the hotel, so now I'm cooking breakfast. Oh! And your bento as well," Konoha huffed and pointed to the side dishes he'd prepared. "I will still stay at the hotel by the way. No change of plan."

Yanagi's gaze was still fixed on his cooking. His eyes had the glints, not the evil-like glints, but more like when Bokuto looked at the meat on the grill. And the corners of his lips slightly lifted.

"I'm going to take a shower first," Yanagi turned around and hurried to his room.

"Oi, don't shower too fast! It won't be clean and you're too sweaty! The food won't go away either!"

"Yes, mom."

"I'm not your mom!"

Yanagi finished showering at the same time Konoha finished cooking. They sat at the dining table, eating the Japanese breakfast that Konoha had prepared. And an extra ocha drink for their morning.

"Isn't it 8 p.m. in Japan now, right?" Konoha pulled out his phone. Yanagi doesn't know what he's doing with his cellphone, he's still busy eating Konoha's food, which he always misses.

"Maybe."

"Hello?"

"Hello Kiyoomi, Motoya. I hope we didn't disturb your evening, did we?"

Yanagi looked up in the direction of the sound and noticed Konoha spreading his arms and holding up his cell phone. The phone's screen displayed Komori and Sakusa's faces, as well as another that was still waiting.

"No no. Fortunately, I didn't get any assignments today."

"I just finished my assignment."

"Great," He then directed his phone camera at Yanagi. "Look who I met!! He really misses Japanese food."

"Naoto-san, helloooo!!!"  Komori shrieked while waving his hand excitedly.

"Can't Naoto-san ask the chef to cook Japanese food?" Sakusa frowned in confusion.

"That!! I don't understand it either!"

"Taste different. Your cooking is much better."

"Wooo, so honest, Young Master Naoto!!"

Konoha flushed at his words, quickly looking down to hide his flushed cheeks.

"Even Akinori-san is blushing."

"Kiyoomi, shut up!"

"Eh, Yanagi-san? Hello..."

"Kageyama..."

"Oh, Tobio!! You're here!!"

"Hello Komori-san, hello Sakusa-san. Yeah, Konoha-san invited me," Kageyama narrowed his eyes, bringing his head closer to look for Konoha's figure. "Where's Konoha-san?"

"I'm here," Konoha answered weakly.

"Why are you still awake?" Yanagi asked, raising his eyebrow.

"I'm watching a game recording," Kageyama responded, holding up a tablet with a screen showing a volleyball game from the national broadcast.

"Don't stay up late, you need your energy to play, Tobio. You had a practice match two days later, right?" Konoha said, already finished with his hiding session. "Motoya and Kiyoomi too."

"Of course, Konoha-san."

"Hmm."

"Ok, mom!"

"Don't call me that!"

Yanagi gave a small smile. "When I come back, let's play together."

"Yey!!!!"

"Promise? You have to promise us!"

"Yes, I promise, Tobio."

"Don't break it."

"I won't, Kiyoomi."

"I'll mark it on my calendar!! Don't you dare break it!!"

"Motoya, don't shout. It's already late."

"Aye aye, mom!"

"Stop it!!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I'm back? Thank you for waiting and reading this weird chapter. I just didn't know what to do about this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 24.5K 30
very cringe, 10/10 would not recommend reading! - lowercase intended ! - haikyuu x male reader story ! [ completed ]
70.3K 2.7K 27
"Three strikes, Hasegawa. Three strikes, and now you're out." Where Karasuno's psychotic all-rounder returns after suspension due to reckless behavio...
35.7K 315 8
ンリ゙゚ Haikyuu x reader 〃 "𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 �...
3.2K 228 17
❝𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬!❞ in which sugiyama nanako signs up to be nekoma high's boys volleyball club's team manager after movin...