Stringed (Nino Nakano x Male...

By Franzel_Red

What are you willing to do for the person you started to grow fond of? What if that person is pursuing someon... More

Author's notes
(I) Prologue
(I) Chapter 1 - Lost Stars
(I) Chapter 2 - Surreal
(I) Chapter 3 - Glimpse
(I) Chapter 4 - Bet
(I) Chapter 5 - Denial
(I) Chapter 6 - Uncertainty
(April Fools Chapter/You can skip this😂)
(I) Chapter 7 - Visit
(I) Chapter 8 - Lunch
(I) Chapter 9 - Tryouts
(I) Chapter 10 - What it's like
(I) Chapter 11 - Ode to my Family
(I) Chapter 12 - Circumstances
(I) Chapter 12.5 - Moments
(I) Interlude Chapter - Hope
(I) Chapter 13 - Good News
(I) Chapter 14 - One Night, Two Days, and Three Hearts
(I) Chapter 15 - Revelation
(I) Chapter 16 - Unstring
(II) Chapter 18 - The Family
(II) Chapter 19 - Second Eldest
(II) Chapter 20 - Advises and Goodbyes
(II) Chapter 21 - Closer
(II) Chapter 22 - Permission
(II) Chapter 23 - Misplaced
(II) Chapter 24 - Gaze
(II) Chapter 25 - Bliss
(III) Chapter 26 - Forward
(III) Chapter 27 - Meet
(III) Chapter 28 - Solace

(II) Chapter 17 - Fireworks

1.6K 96 31
By Franzel_Red

A/N: 
Featuring "Tracing that Dream Ballade Ver." by Yoasobi

********************************************************************

[Nino's POV]

It's already past seven in the evening and I can't seem to get any updates from either Takeji or Fumia. I tried to send Takeji a text but he wasn't replying. I didn't want to bother him since I don't want him to think that I'm rushing him or anything. He only told me that he'll meet with Fumia.

"What if both of them decided to date??"

"What if Takeji already chose Fumia...?"

"Would I be alone again...? Would I not be chosen once more...?"

"I mean... It already happened to me so it wouldn't be surprising anymore..."

"But I know it would still hurt..."

"Takeji... Where are you...? Please... Please be here..."

"If you do... I'll confess to you... I'll tell you what I really feel..."

I was already worried if Takeji will come since the Fireworks show will start in a bit. I took a seat on the bench so I can wait for him. I sent him a text to let him know where I was. It was a bench that was placed far from the crowd. I picked this place thinking it would be the best spot.

"The Fireworks show is about to start in a couple of minutes. Please do be mindful of your belongings while the show starts. Thank you and enjoy"

The announcement can be heard all around the place. Takeji still isn't replying. Minutes pass and still no signs of him. Everyone already gathered and taken their seats. I can already hear the announcer declaring the start of the show.

"The show will start in Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

I can already see the first firework making its way up in the sky. The tension was coursing through my body. As I see the firework explode, my hopes of seeing Takeji went away as well. I stood up from my seat and sighed.

"Yeah... I guess he won't be here... I'm just gonna go home—"

"NINO!" 

I heard a voice. The voice that I was hoping to hear and the same voice that I was worried about not hearing tonight. 

"I'm here! I'm sorry!" I can see him running towards me.

My heart started to beat fast as I can hear the sound of the fireworks, the music, and the cheering of the crowd. I can see him. I can see the person I got head-over-heels for as much as I hate to admit it. The person that makes my heart race. 

The person I love.

"Dummy! Where have you been!? You're late!" I protested as he walks really close to me.

"I'm... I'm really sorry..." He replied while panting.

"That's it!? Sorry!? I was worried you know!?"

"I know..." 

"Fine! It's not that I can stay mad at you!" Smiled at him and I wiped the sweat on his face with the handkerchief I brought with me

"Alright... I told myself that I'll tell him what I really feel... He's here... So there's no reason for me to back out now..."

"Takeji... There's something I need to tell you... I—"

"I'm sorry for being late Nino..."

"You already said sorry for that! What are you talking abou—"

"I LOVE YOU NINO. I love you and I'm sorry for taking too long to finally tell you."

I wasn't able to reply. He was just staring at me with his sincere eyes. It feels like I can't even hear the fireworks anymore. It's like time stopped around us. It was just the two of us alone at the moment. The night sky was filled with beautiful fireworks and I can see it lighting up our faces from up above.

I just look at him and I can feel the tears from my eyes.

"I'm sorry for being so indecisive. Sorry for not being honest with my feelings. I'm sorry if by any chance I hurt you for waiting this long. I'm really—"

"You dummy! Can't you let me finish my sentence!? I was about to say something when you cut me off!"

"I see... Sorry about that. What were you about to—"

I cut him off as I jump on him and gave him a kiss.

I can now hear the loudness of the fireworks in the sky but I think my heartbeat was louder. Without a care in the world, my lips brush against his. 

"Does that give you an answer?" I smiled at him and I noticed him being all red.

"I Love you too, Takeji."

"I don't care if you were indecisive. I don't care if you were late."

"What I care about is you. And you're here. I love you Dummy... I love you so much..."

He pulled me close to him. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a kiss once more. I can feel his lips and I brush mine against his. I hold on to him as we kiss each other underneath the colorful fireworks painting the night sky.

As we continue to kiss, tears were falling from my face and I hugged him tightly.

"So this is what it feels like to be loved back? To be chosen...? If this is a dream... I wouldn't want to wake up from it..."

I move slightly away from him and asked,

"So I guess Fumia wouldn't be going anymore?"

"Yeah... She already told me that she wouldn't go. Both of us cleared things up with each other."

"You did?"

"Yeah, she also said that I take care of you."

"Fumia... Thank you..."

I just smiled and I grab his hand.

"Let's enjoy the rest of the Fireworks festival then." I told him as we sat on the bench.

We continue to watch the fireworks from where we were seated as I continue to hold on to his hand. Without a care in the world, I leaned on his shoulder enjoyed the moment I was having with him.

While watching the fireworks, I can hear the music that was being played by everyone at the show.

"Ah, you're in our night with me; just me and you, that's it
Foretold and now we've come arriving
Fine, go through, your mind will be told
Fine, go through, be understood
And the scenes beyond what's dreamt to be reaching" 
♪♪♪

"Takeji?" 

"Hmm?"

"Thank you..."

"For?"

"For choosing me... You don't know how much you made me happy..."

"Thank you for making me feel special Nino. Being with you is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"I love you Takeji..." I smiled at him.

"I love you too, Nino..."

Our face drew closer and we kissed each other once more.

"Ah, and out through our present, and soon know what begins
And our days are intact, for we've met
More, almost; don't alter what I am waiting for
Almost, look up, final of the fireworks is now here wrapping over two" 
♪♪♪

World of no sound in the silence, you speak "I'm in love with you" ♪♪♪

After the fireworks show, some people were already making their way home. As for me and Takeji, both of us were still sitting on the bench. No one was saying anything but we were still holding hands. I can feel him holding my hand tighter. I looked at him and he was all red.

"Hey... Are you worried or something?" I asked.

"Hmm...? No... I'm just happy... I still can't believe the fact that I'm here with you holding your hand."

"Dummy..." I said with a faint voice and I wrapped my arms around him. "Well... I'm still in awe of being with you now. It feels like I'm floating on cloud nine."

"Me too. Hey... So..."

"Hmm...?"

"Want me to walk you home?"

I move away from him a bit so I can see his face.

"Yeah, of course. I would like my boyfriend to walk me home." I smiled at him and his face became red again. "What? Don't tell me that you're getting embarrassed!?" I teased.

"I can't help it alright!? But... Thank you for accepting my feelings..."

"You accepted mine as well, didn't you? We're even." I smiled at him.

He walked me home the moment the festival ended. Some time passed and we arrived in front of the Pentagon. We're so caught off with the moment that I didn't realize that we were holding hands the whole time. As we prepare to part ways, I felt him hold both of my hands.

"Hey so... You take care alright?" He told me with all sincerity.

"I... I will..." I tried not to look at him because I can feel how red my face is right now.

"Ugh! Why am I so awkward!?"

"Okay, good."

"B—Besides... I'm just a couple of steps away from here. You're the one who should take care."

"I will. I wouldn't want my girlfriend to worry about me." He smiled at me.

"Gosh! Don't smile at me like that!"

"Why?"

I kissed him on the lips and smiled back at him. "Coz' you're making me fall in love with you even more." 

He wasn't able to say anything.

"What? You thought that you were the only one who can make their partner fluster? I can do that too." I teased.

"Okay, you win!" He replied as we both chuckled.

"Anyways, you take care now, I'll see you at school. Send me a text once you get home." I told him as I place my hand on his cheek.

"I will."

"Okay then, see you..."

"See you..."

We were about to part ways when he grabbed my hand.

"Hey..."

"Hmm?"

"I love you, Nino."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."

For the first time ever, I finally called him by his first name. We finally let go of each other's hand and he went home. I head inside the Pentagon and finally arrived home. After I closed the door, I covered my face with my hands.

"Gosh! I'm finally dating (Y/N)! It's really happening!"

"Nino?" I heard a very familiar voice asking me with a confused tone.

I removed my hands from my face.

"Oh, Itsuki, sorry about that!" I chuckled awkwardly.

"Is everything okay?"

"Hmmm...?" I replied while trying to contain my smile.

"You're awfully happy. Did something good happen?"

"Yeah..." I smiled at her. "Why are you still up? How about the girls?"

"I'm studying for exams, remember? Yotsuba and Miku are in their rooms."

"Oh, really? I forgot about that part."

"Yeah, but I think we'll be okay. But you should study too."

"I'll do that, don't worry. By the way, have you eaten yet?"

"I did earlier. But... I'm getting hungry..."

I walked toward Itsuki and played with her face.

"N—Nino!?"

"Well, let me cook for my sister then!" I giggled.

"You really are to something."

"Don't worry about it. I'm just really happy." I smiled at her.

[Takeji's POV]

I finally arrived home after spending my time with Nino. I was smiling like an idiot while walking towards my home feeling all excited about what just happened. My heart is beating fast and my head feels light. It feels like I can't even contain the smile I have on my face. I went straight to bed to send Nino a text.

[Takeji]

I'm home now. Thank you again.

[Nino]

Great! 💜😊 Aren't you hungry?

[Takeji]

Nope! I'm all good. We did eat a bit earlier before we went home. How about you?

[Nino]

I whipped up something for my sister here so I just ate with her.

[Takeji]

That's good. Don't be like me who tends to skip meals. 😅

[Nino]

Well, that's now gonna happen anymore.

[Takeji]

Why?

[Nino]

Because I'm here to watch over you. I'll make sure you won't skip your meals. I'll cook for us.

[Takeji]

That's great! I'm looking forward to it! 

[Nino]

You better! If you skip meals, you'll really get it! 😠

[Takeji]

I'd better be careful then! 😅

[Nino]

Good! 😘

I love you. ❤️

[Takeji]

I love you too. ❤️

[Nino]

Hey so...

[Takeji]

What's up?

[Nino]

The exams will be coming up, what are your plans about it?

[Takeji]

I'll try to study, I guess?

[Nino]

Want to review with me? I mean, I get tutored and I'll share it with you every lunch if you like.

[Takeji]

That's a great idea! We can even do it here at home.

[Nino]

I wouldn't mind! Are you sure it's just studying we're gonna do though? 😉😏

[Takeji]

What? You want to do something else? 😏

[Nino]

Don't tease me like that. You might just get what you're asking for. 😏😛

[Takeji]

🥵😬😏

[Nino]

Whatever! 😤

Anyways, I was planning to go to a mall tomorrow. Want to go with me?

[Takeji]

I'd be glad to! What time?

[Nino]

Maybe before lunch? Then we'll eat there as well.

[Takeji]

Okay! It's a date then!

[Nino]

It is! So don't be late! 😤

[Takeji]

Don't worry! I'll be the one to open the mall for you!

[Nino]

And if you don't?

[Takeji]

Just kidding!

[Nino]

Alright, alright! It's already late! Let's get some sleep! 😴

[Takeji]

Okay! Good night!

[Nino]

Good night! 😴🥰

[Takeji]

Wait! Don't sleep just yet!

[Nino]

What? Can't get enough of your girlfriend? 😏

[Takeji]

I'm not even gonna deny that part.

[Nino]

💜💜💜

[Takeji]

 What I wanted to say was

I love you!

[Nino]

I love you more dummy! 😘

If you want to say it, just say it! I wouldn't mind. 💜

You'll hear a lot of that from me too so...

Be ready!

[Takeji]

I'll be in your care! ❤️

[Nino]

And I'll be in yours. ❤️

Good night! 😴😘

[Takeji]

Good night! 😘

Sunday came and I was preparing to head out for the day. I prepared and got dressed for this. I want to make sure that I'll look good since it's my first official date with Nino. As I was heading out, I saw Misako playing with her phone.

"Nii-chan, going out?"

"Yup!"

"You're more excited than usual. That's suspicious..." She smirked at me.

"I got a date." I smiled at her.

"REALLY!? Is it with who I think it is?!" She stood up from the couch and got all excited.

"UHUH!"

"Hmm... I don't want it to happen again where we said a different thing but... Let's say it at the same time!"

"I'm game! Ready!"

"NINO!"

"NINO-CHAN!"

We both voiced out excitingly and I can see her being happy as well.

"Finally!" She gave me a high five. "It's about time that the two of you finally go out! OMG! I'm so happy!!"

"I know right!? I am as well!"

"Don't be standing here now! You got a date! We'll talk about this more later!" She was playfully pushing me towards the door.

"Alright, I'm going now!"

"Take care Nii-chan! Enjoy!"

"I will!"

I head to the mall so I can meet with Nino. We agreed that we'll meet at the food court. I arrived a bit earlier than expected and a minute later, I saw Nino. I waved at her so she would know where I was. After seeing me, she walked in my direction. I stood up from my seat so I can meet her halfway.

"Are you that excited to meet me?" She gave me a teasing smile.

"What if I tell you that I am?" I teased back.

"Whatever." She playfully punched my chest.

"So, want to eat first? Or is there anywhere you want to go?"

"I want to check some clothes. We'll be studying at a university soon so I want to buy a new one."

"Sure, we can do that."

I followed her towards the clothing store and she checked some apparel with me. It was a clothing store for anyone our age, so I checked some too.

"Babe!"

I heard Nino's voice and I wasn't able to reply right away.

"Hmmm?"

"I think this would look good on you!" She showed me a black oversized shirt.

"Y—Yeah... Let me try it."

"What? Were you caught off-guard with what I called you?" She smirked.

"N—No!"

"Then... Why don't you call me that too from now on then?"

"O—Okay..."

"Okay what?" She grinned at me.

"Okay babe!" I voiced it out more than I intended to and the people that were shopping looked at me.

I got embarrassed since I didn't mean to be that loud. I felt Nino locking arms with me and smiled.

"Great! Let's get this fitted for you!" She dragged me to the fitting room so I can check the shirt.

"Let me check this then."

"Sure! I'll wait for you here!" She cheerfully smiled at me.

After trying the shirt, I opened the curtain so I can show her.

"Babe, does this look okay?"

I found Nino looking at me and was just smiling.

"Hmm? Y—Yeah! It looks good on you." I noticed the redness on her face.

"What? Were you caught off-guard by what I just called you?" I smirked at her.

"Geez! You always want to retaliate!" She protested.

"Kidding! Anyways, how about you?"

"I already got one! Look!" She showed me the same shirt. "It's like a couple shirt! We can wear this on our next date or something!" She excitingly suggested and I can't help but smile at her.

"Yeah, that sounds nice!"

"Of course it is! It was my idea after all!" She replied and we both chuckled.

Nino continued to look for more clothes and she showed me each one of them. After she decided what she wants to buy, we both head for the register.

"Here's for my shirt." I hand her my money.

Nino just gently push my hand away and replied, "It's fine, babe. This is my gift for you. Besides, you went and check clothes with me so, consider us being even." She smiled.

"I'll take you up on your offer then!"

"Alright! But you'll pay for the food though!" She teased.

I just chuckled and replied, "Of course!"

We head to a restaurant after she paid for the clothing.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her.

"Besides you?" She looked at me with a teasing smile.

"Oh shit. I sometimes forget how straightforward she can be. But it's one of the reasons I fell for her in the first place."

"Y—Yeah, besides me." I smiled back to try and retaliate.

"I'll just get some pasta. You?"

"I think I'll get that too!"

"Okay then!"

Some time passed and the food finally arrived.

"So, since the exams are coming up, are you okay with studying in my home?" I asked while we eat.

"Yeah, it's okay with me. I'll bring my notes."

"Great! I'll also introduce you to my parents and to Misako. I mean, I know she already met you but she was excited when she heard about us."

"Really? I looked forward to it. Though Babe... there's something I need to tell you..."

"Hmm?"

"Can we keep our relationship a secret from my family in the meantime?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:

How's everyone doing? You all good? If that's the case, that's awesome! If not, hang in there!

Credits to "テト" from Pixiv who owns the art I used for the chapter cover.

Just a context, the lyrics I used was the official "English ver." of the song. If by any chance it doesn't add up with how the lyrics of the "Ballade Ver.", I apologize.

For some who don't know, the lyrics part of the chapter is something I introduced on my first book(Unwavering). This is the first time I did it here. It's also to prepare you guys a bit since this is how "Haven"(Miku Fanfic) would look like.

That's it for me! I hope you guys have a wonderful week ahead of you!

Stay safe and stay awesome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 19.4K 73
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
316K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
688K 42.3K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
146K 5.3K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...