Timeless Hero | BNHA OC FanFic

By vintage_gigi

| BNHA OC FANFICTION | TIME TRAVEL Rini Otani has an extremely rare quirk similar to that of Sir Nighteye's F... More

\\ Foreword //
\\ Characters //
\\ PART I //
1 | First Time For Everything
2 | Quirkless No More
3 | Purple Hair Boy
4 | Bully To Friend
5 | What Didn't Happen
6 | Serious Discussion
7 | Making Sacrifices
8 | Consequences
9 | Hope For The Future
10 | Training
11 | Ready
12 | Entrance Exam
13 | Welcome To UA
14 | Quirk Assessment Test
15 | Possibility
16 | Hero 101
17 | Declaration Of War
18 | Its Time
19 | Not On My Watch
20 | Moving Forward
21 | Sports Festival
22 | Festival Finale
Quick A/N
23 | Queen Chess Piece
24 | Internship
25 | Hero Killer
27 | Mistakes
28 | Calm Before The Storm
29 | Oversight
30 | Change Of Heart
31 | En Prise
32 | Checkmate
33 | Time Is Precious
\\ Costume 2.0 //
34 | Symbol Of Evil
35 | TRANSCEND •●• T I M E
// Part II \\
36 | TURN BACK •●• T I M E
THANK YOU <3

26 | Threat

1.5K 77 10
By vintage_gigi

\\ Rini //
\\ During The Fight //

.

.

.

"Evacuate the people out of that cafe!" Ingenium directed.

"On it!" I shouted before taking off.

While I ran to help the people, I felt a cold shiver suddenly run down my spine - the same feeling I had when the press invaded the school grounds -  like a pair of eyes were following my every move. The feeling lingered as I helped the crowd get away from the hellish battle taking place between Endeavor and the Nomu. I tried to ignore it but it wasn't going away.

"Hey, taffy head! Watch out for those flames!" Bakugo hollered from behind me.

I spun around and noticed what he was warning me about; Endeavors flames were flying everywhere as he fought. They weren't extremely close to me, but they were close enough, so I kept my distance and regrouped with the others.

"Thanks for that," I offered the blond a smile.

"Tch, don't mention it," he replied while averting his gaze.

"That's everyone in this area," Tokoyami stated as Dark Shadow returned from scouting.

Iida's brother, who stood tall in front of our group, assessed the area before turning back to us.

"It seems so. Fine work everyone. Let's stick to the plan and fall back-"

"Ingenium! We need you over here!" Another Hero shouted from Best Jeanist's zone around the corner and cut him off.

"I'll be right there! You all, retreat to the safe zone just as planned, I'll meet you there afterwards," He instructed before taking off.

"We will, brother. Stay safe!" Iida replied.

The little interaction between them made my heart happy knowing that I helped prevent Stain from attacking him a few days ago. It also reminded me of what I had to do now to prevent things from turning out badly like in my vision.

So far so good, I thought as I looked around at all the chaos.

"We should fall back now-"

Iida was cut off by the Nomu colliding with a bus from Endeavor's throw.

"This is getting out of hand," the blue haired teen added.

"I agree. Let's make them handle this," Tokoyami said over the chaos.

We all gave firm nods before taking off in the opposite direction of all the fighting. As we were jogging down the sidewalk, I still felt those pair of eyes on me and it made me glance around curiously as we crossed buildings and alleyways. My attention was then stolen by Todoroki's comment.

"Why is my old man dragging this fight out?" He muttered after looking over his shoulder to see his father scorch the Nomu.

"Tch, if we weren't stuck as interns I would've taken them down faster," Bakugo grumbled.

"Let's focus on getting to the safe zone guys," I said, but in reality I wasn't focused at all.

My mind wandered to my vision, which had now been altered, so I knew I needed to look ahead again to make sure things were playing out fine.

When we arrived to the specific corner of a block dubbed the 'safe zone' where a few Heroes worked on crowd control, we stopped and took a moment to catch our breath. The fighting in the distance could be heard echoing between the buildings, mixed with the sound of police sirens, and it caught our attention. We all turned to look at the illuminated buildings that were reflecting the flames flashing every other second. The sight was both mesmerizing and horrifying to watch. And as I stared at it, I hoped everything was going as planned on Sir Nighteye's end.

"We should help with controlling the crowd," Tokoyami broke the tense silence between our group and gestured to the situation behind us.

"Right," we all said in unison.

Just as we began keeping the public back, a bright blue glow reflected off the surrounding buildings then the sound of the Nomu crying out followed. It was a sign that Endeavor used his blue flames and finally ended the fight. We all turned to look at the illuminated sight.

"About time," Shoto muttered under his breath.

"Guess that means the fight's over," Tokoyami remarked.

Not yet, I thought while looking in the direction where Sir Nighteye and the others should be dealing with Stain.

Bakugo noticed my attention was elsewhere and silently moved closer. He stood at my right side but made it seem as though he was dealing with the crowd. Then while the others were distracted he whispered:

"How's everything lookin?"

I turned around and also started working on crowd control to seem inconspicuous.

"I need to check again. Things change in the moment, so I need to make sure nothing bad randomly happens," I whispered with a slight frown.

For a moment, I looked down at the ground in deep thought. During the USJ attack, I saw Sir Nighteye get killed by Nomu and prevented it from happening. But in this vision, I saw Stain injuring Bubble Girl and near-critically wounding Pro Hero Native. I made sure to inform Sir Nighteye so they should be avoiding that outcome. . . but still, I need to make certain nothing worse happens.

Then it hit me.

A sudden wave of dread washed over and goosebumps rose all over my body.

"Hold me for a second," I suddenly leaned against Bakugo.

"Eh!-"

I didn't give him any time to protest and closed my eyes to focus on my quirk. I felt his arm support my body while I looked ahead a quick thirty minutes. The images flooded my mind, and as soon as it was over, my eyes blew wide in surprise and horror.

"What did you see- HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!"

Bakugo hollered as I suddenly turned and bolted down the sidewalk towards the chaos. My legs acted on their own and I couldn't stop.

"SORRY BUT DON'T FOLLOW ME!" I yelled in return, the panic in my voice evident.

I didn't have time to explain, but if the guys followed then they would get too close to the danger. And to prevent what was about to happen, it would be better with less people crowding the alleyway.

The first thing I needed to do was get to them fast. And what came to my mind to achieve that goal was. . .

"HAWKS!" I screamed as soon as I got in range of the Hero.

He had just finished securing the flying Nomu along with some of his sidekicks when I came racing around the corner. He looked up at me and was about to say something snarky, but I cut him off.

"FLY ME TO SIR NIGHTEYE AND THE OTHERS! NOW!"

The red winged Hero jolted back slightly at my volume with a concerned expression replacing his cocky smile.

"Wha-"

"No time to explain! Please!" I cut him off again, but this time I was directly in front of him.

It took exactly three seconds for him to register my plea and I watched as his eyes flickered from confusion to comprehension. His brows pulled down into a serious expression and he gave a firm nod.

"Let's go. Everyone else, secure the Nomu," he said as his wings swiftly unfolded with a 'woosh' sound.

Suddenly, we were off with a single beat of his wings. He held me bridal style as we flew through the city at an alarmingly fast speed. I stared at the streets below as we flew over Best Jeanist, then Endeavor, then finally we were approaching the alleyway where Stain and the others were fighting. . .

And there they were.

As planned, Sir Nighteye, Bubble Girl, Mirio, Native, and two sidekicks kept Stain in the center of the alleyway as they blocked each end. The Hero Killer looked tired and out of breath, his chest heaving while he clutched a katana in his hand. It appeared Bubble Girl was holding a wound on her arm while Native looked like he could barely stand on his feet as he clutched his side. Mirio looked untouched, no doubt his quirk the reason, and Nighteye seemed unscathed too.

However, running directly towards the fight were two extra people I did not expect to see after altering this future:

Midoriya and Gran Torino.

Yes, I saw Midoriya get involved in the fight when I first used my future vision. But I expected after altering this outcome he'd never show up.

I was wrong.

"Drop me directly over them!" I ordered Hawks.

"What?! I can't do that! What if Stain-"

"If you don't drop me right now Gran Torino will die!" I retorted as I started fidgeting to get out of his hold.

Time slowed down as I fought to get out of Hawks' arms.

I quickly glanced down to see Stain lunge forward with his katana poised to strike; his attack aimed at Native.

When Hawks didn't let go, I rammed my elbow into his chest and caused him to drop me.

While the Hero Killer flew toward the injured Hero in an attempt to finish him off, Midoriya flew forward with green lightning encompassing his entire body. The green haired boy soared past Bubble Girl and Mirio with his fist reeled back to deliver a blow to Stain, but Stain caught sight of him. His murderous gaze snapped to the boy and something seemed to have clicked behind his red irises.

Since I was high above the action, I had enough time to flip myself over midair like a skydiver then went into a free fall.

Meanwhile below me, with lightning fast reaction time the Hero Killer started angling his attack toward Native AND Midoriya. His rugged katana tilted sideways so he could perform a clean slice to hit both of them. Everyone else was slowly jumping to action, but they were too late at this point.

Except for Gran Torino.

The veteran Hero may have been old, but his quirk allowed him to move just as fast as Hawks. Not only that, but he looked like he expected this from Midoriya and was just a second behind the boys actions.

As I fell from the sky and grew closer and closer towards Stain, I didn't realize Hawks sent some feathers down too. A few flew past me and towards the Hero Killer while I felt some press into my shoulder blades. It was then I realized the winged Hero was increasing my speed so my attack could knock out Stain.

And at that moment, Gran Torino was closing in on Midoriya, a hand stretched out to push him aside so he could take the fall. . . Until he realized my presence and instead clutched the back of Midoriya's costume and swiftly directed his feet to blast them both out of the way; and at the same time the blast of air pushed Native aside, clearing him of Stains katana.

Finally, as they were in the process of moving, I stretched my foot completely forward, my heel aimed at Stains head. With each passing millisecond my foot got closer and closer. Then the Hero Killer finally noticed my presence.

His murderous red eyes snapped up to meet my apologetic lavender ones. Right before my foot made contact, I saw a flicker of something within his eyes. . . Something that looked like he recognized me. . . But then it disappeared as soon as I finished my move and knocked him out.

And it was finally over.

The Hero Killer Stain was finally caught.

.

.

.

\\ 3rd Person POV //
\\ As Rini Descended //

.

.

.

Stain was sick of these Heroes. They set a trap and used Pro Hero Native as bait - so he thought - and suddenly he was surrounded with no escape route. Moments ago he had to deal with that annoying man-child Shigaraki trying to recruit him and now this. He also heard the chaos ensuing a few blocks down and knew right away that it was Shigaraki's doing, so it just added to his sour mood.

The Hero Killer studied his opponents once more. He took note of Bubble Girl's injuries but his gaze locked onto Native considering he had the most damage. He figured he could do the Hero a favor and put him out of his misery.

With that in mind, the murderer didn't waste any time and lunged forward with his katana aimed to strike. His gaze was locked onto the fake Hero until another figure caught his attention in his periphery. His blazing red eyes suddenly snapped towards the figure, but what he saw surprised him.

It was the boy in one of Shigaraki's photos.

His eyes widened ever so slightly as Midoriya flew toward him with green lightning sparking everywhere. The Hero Killer saw something in the boys emerald eyes. He knew right away that he was different from these fakes. But he didn't want to receive the punch the boy was ready to serve, so he angled his katana to strike him as well.

Stain grit his teeth and for once felt regret for what he was about to do. The green haired boy clearly had more of a Heroic heart than these fakes surrounding him. He didn't want to end his life. But in order to make his escape, he needed to clear a path, and Midoriya just so happened to be in the way.

Then Stain caught sight of the old timer behind him.

His red eyes landed on the old man and he understood what he was doing to protect the boy. He no longer felt guilty for what was about to happen now that the old timer was about to receive the blow from his katana. . . But then the old man clutched the boy, changed directions by blasting his feet, and all in a few milliseconds neither he, the boy, nor Native were in range of his blade.

Stain suddenly felt a presence above him. Something he hadn't noticed due to his blind intent to kill Native and the others. And when he felt it growing closer he snapped his gaze upward.

To his surprise, he was met with the otherworldly and intimidating sight of a pink haired girl with ethereal lavender eyes. And behind her silhouette followed a plume of feathers loosely shaped as wings dazzling from a light source in the distance.

An angel. . ? He thought as he watched the girl descend in slow motion.

Stain stared at her in awe. He swore a halo of light surrounded her and a symphony echoed in his mind like in an empty cathedral. Perhaps it was the multiple blows to his head making him hallucinate, or he was on the verge of death, but he couldn't look away.

She was hauntingly beautiful.

She was unnervingly formidable.

She was the girl Shigaraki warned him about.

Suddenly the man found himself thinking back to the conversation he had with Shigaraki before he stabbed him and the warp user. He recalled Shigaraki holding up a couple of photos, and in the front of the stack was the pink haired girl.

"This brat is a problem. Not only for me but for every "villain" in this society trying to demolish this garbage system of Heroes. I doubt you'll ever run into her, but know this. . ."

As the words echoed in the back of Stains mind, his red eyes bored into her lavender ones and all he saw was sympathy, solace, and warmth. It's as if she was simultaneously saying without words "sorry for doing this" and "sorry for seeing you turn down this path" and the Hero Killer felt his chest tighten.

Somehow, in some way, the girl evoked such a strong reaction in the mans heart that he thought it stopped beating. Within the milliseconds of meeting her gaze, he felt as though the world turned on its head.

Then the last of Shigaraki's words echoed in his mind before her foot collided with his cranium:

". . . The power she possesses makes her a danger to us all."

The Hero Killer didn't understand what Shigaraki meant by his words, or why he said it the way he did like he was hiding something important, but now that he came face to face with the girl he could see what he meant. Despite not having the time to fight and discover her quirk, he understood just by feeling alone that whatever 'power' she possessed meant the downfall of those around her.

She was dangerous like the things in this world that came without warning.

She was dangerous like an unpredictable storm.

She was dangerous just as Shigaraki forewarned.

Then suddenly Stain felt her heel land a solid hit to his head and in an instant he succumbed to the darkness.

Everyone watched this scene unfold in a matter of seconds. To everyone's surprise, including Nighteye's, Rini showed up out of nowhere and delivered the final blow. They all stood there in shock as the girl removed her foot from Stains head and stepped back, a trail of Hawks feathers still stuck to her back. She had her attention on the Hero Killer, head down with her hair curtained around her face and fists clenched loosely at her sides.

To those watching, she truly looked threatening.

After a solid three seconds passed, she took a shaky step back, and another, until she bumped into Hawks who had landed behind her.

"Easy, kid," he said after returning his feathers to his back.

The red winged Hero then placed reassuring hands on her shoulders to calm her nerves. The teen made no reply, her thoughts going a million miles per hour.

Holy. . . I actually stopped him. . . If I had arrived just a second later. . . Thanks to Hawks we got here in time. . . Oh no. I just gave myself away in front of Hawks. Oh crap, she thought.

Suddenly after a few tense and silent moments passed, everyone snapped out of their stupor and started moving again. Bubble Girl went to treat Native's wounds while the sidekicks secured the Hero Killer. Meanwhile Sir Nighteye, Mirio, Midoriya, and Gran Torino then rushed to Rini's side which caused Hawks to back away a little to give them space.

Sir Nighteye stopped short of the girl and gave her a once over for any injuries, and when he found none, he quickly embraced her in a hug. One hand cradled her head and he held her close like she was going to disappear. Rini simply stood still as she processed everything that happened and what might happen when they left this alleyway; namely if Hawks would reveal her secret.

"Why do you keep doing this?" Sir Nighteye whispered, snapping her from her thoughts.

Rini knew what he meant.

Why do you keep running into the fray unannounced and risking your life for the sake of others?

The perceptive girl sighed.

"I'm sorry."

Sir Nighteye heard her soft voice and pulled back, but rested his hands on her shoulders. He met her gaze and returned a soft-hearted, fatherly look that clearly read:

Don't be. I'm proud of you.

"Woah Rini, it's a good thing you showed up," Mirio smiled warmly, his usual loud cheeriness more reserved given the circumstances.

"Yeah, thanks to you we took down Stain. . ." Midoriya added, but it sounded as though he wanted to point something out.

This then reminded Sir Nighteye of the crowd around them, so he let her go and stood at her side so the others could speak to her. Hawks went around to her other side and simply observed the pink haired teen with a neutral expression.

She clearly saw the future and came here to prevent it. . . I have the evidence to back it up, so now all I have to do is give my report to my superiors, he thought.

The red winged Hero then watched as Gran Torino and Midoriya started talking with her. She had a conflicted expression on her face until it melted away into a smile upon seeing Midoriya and Gran Torino safe. Needless to say, Hawks felt torn about his mission.

I'll hold off on the report for now, he thought before listening to the conversation.

"Young lady, thank you for saving my life. . . and ultimately this troublemakers life too since he flew straight toward that murderer!" Gran Torino expressed his utmost gratitude to her before turning around and bonking Midoriya hard on the noggin.

"Ow! I'm sorry Gran Torino, it won't happen again!" The green haired boy stated while rubbing his head.

"You bet your last dollar it won't!" He grunted and bonked him again.

As Midoriya was getting scolded, Rini held back a laugh then turned to the seasoned veteran.

"Your most welcome, Sir. I'm glad I got here in time, and I wouldn't have if not for Hawks," she gave a respectful bow before gesturing to the winged Hero.

Gran Torino let go of Midoriya then acknowledged the winged Hero. He said a quick thanks to Hawks and offered a small smile to the girl before leaving it at that. When Rini returned a smile, for a moment, it reminded him of his friend Nana Shimura and he recalled the small conversation he had with Toshinori over the phone:

"That successor of yours did a good job controlling One For All during the Sports Festival. . . Until he went up against that Todoroki kid. But still, I must admit you aren't a terrible mentor," Gran Torino chuckled.

"Sorry sir, but I can't take credit for Young Midoriya's progress and display of strength during the Sports Festival. The praise belongs to his fellow classmate Rini Otani. She helped guide and teach him using her quirk. . . She reminds me of your dear friend and my teacher in many ways. . . She's got the heart of a Hero," Toshinori explained in a reminiscent voice.

Now that Gran Torino met her, he could see what Toshinori meant. The pink haired teen resembled Nana in spirit. And that was enough to make his heart ache in sorrowful joy.

"Nighteye, we secured Stain. . . He's unconscious and I doubt he'll be waking up anytime soon after that kick to the head," one of the sidekicks informed, causing everyone to look.

Stain sat motionless on the ground with one of the Heroes support items tied around his torso. His head leaned forward completely showing his unconscious state. If not for the slow rise and fall of his chest, he would have looked dead. And resting on the ground out of the murderers reach were all his weapons.

"Your intern may have helped by delivering the final blow, but we all know the law. . ." The other sidekick trailed with his arms crossed.

At this, Sir Nighteye stood taller and sent a warning look to his fellow Heroes. His yellow eyes blazed with a certain expression of protectiveness.

"Don't worry, I will handle that matter myself," he said in a stern voice, getting his message across that Rini wouldn't take any form of punishment for acting without a Hero License.

Rini, standing beside him, glanced at her mentor, then at the other Heroes, and then finally the scene before her. It dawned on her the other issue she had to face; causing bodily harm to Stain without a Hero license. Which meant she would be meeting the police chief alone rather than what happened in her original vision. And that meant she would have to explain her actions thus risking her quirk becoming known.

Oh great, Rini thought.

"I'll accompany you and take responsibility," Hawks suddenly announced.

Rini and Sir Nighteye looked at the winged Hero in silent bewilderment.

"I brought her here and assisted her with incapacitating Stain by providing more force with my wings. She only told me that we needed to get here, and when I didn't act swift enough, she took matters into her own hands and engaged the fight. I am responsible for not acting fast enough. She doesn't deserve any penalty," he explained.

This surprised Rini and Nighteye tremendously.

Here they thought he was out to expose the secret of her quirk to those around them - and the HPSC - but instead he was covering for her. They didn't know what kind of angle he was playing, but for now they were thankful.

"Alright then. Thank you Hawks," Nighteye offered a curt nod.

"Don't mention it," he waved him off.

After the quick discussion, everybody left the alleyway with Hawks carrying Stain with his feathers. Their large group could be seen from a distance by a certain blue haired individual with a pair of binoculars. He managed to see half of what happened, particularly how Rini ditched her classmates, ran to Hawks, then flew toward the alleyway before disappearing between the buildings. And now here they were with the Hero Killer captured.

Shigaraki scratched at his neck.

The Nomu were defeated and captured. No civilians got hurt during their rampage. The Heroes were already on the scene. The evasive Hero Killer Stain was finally detained.

And it was all thanks to Rini.

"I've seen enough. Kurogiri, warp us back," the man-child declared in an eerily calm voice after disintegrating his binoculars.

"Certainly," he replied.

Suddenly, they were back at the bar. Shigaraki made his way towards the TV while keeping his eyes downcast. He stared at his red shoes while reality sunk in of how foolish he acted on impulse and how wrong he was for underestimating Rini despite knowing her power.

"Judging by your sullen demeanor and the absence of the Nomu, I'd say you had a run in with that girl again. Didn't you, Tomura?" All For One's voice echoed in the silent bar.

Shigaraki kept his gaze locked on his shoes as his Sensei read him like an open book. His mind kept running in circles as he chastised himself for being so stupid.

"I hate to rub salt in your wound, but this is exactly what I imagined would happen since that girl and her quirk stands in the way."

Shigaraki remained silent.

Stand in the way? She stands in the way because she's on the Heroes side! If she were on our side. . . He trailed in thought as a light bulb went off in his head.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Tomura. We'll remove her soon enough-"

"I don't want to remove her from the board. I want to recruit her," the young villain suddenly stated.

All For One hummed in reply and said a quick "go on" to hear his successors idea.

"I know it will be difficult to catch her, but I want to make her an offer - along with that Bakugo kid - to join the League. And if she declines, I'll let you steal her quirk."

Up until this point, they were plotting to kidnap and steal her quirk. But now Tomura was considering a more gentleman-like approach by offering her a place in the League before handing her over to his Sensei if she declined.

Tomura saw a potential flaw he could exploit to manipulate the teen. He figured he could twist things to show her that those Heroes and even her classmates only saw her as useful because of her quirk. If he could plant that seed of doubt in her mind and make her realize how messed up Hero Society is, then she could join his crew and help him demolish this corrupt system.

Thus, Shigaraki explained this to his Sensei. And by the end of it, All For One agreed.

"Okay, Tomura, I'll allow this. But the moment she declines, send her straight to me. If she won't work with us, I'll see to it that her quirk will once I take it."

Shigaraki gave a nod.

"Excuse me, but I just received word from Giran. He said they're already broadcasting Stains capture but they haven't said who was behind his arrest. They're also claiming he is connected to the League of Villains - a news helicopter captured footage of us on the water tower - and some are interested in joining our cause because of that claim," Kurogiri suddenly announced from the bar.

Shigaraki frowned at the news. Stain wasn't apart of the League. He was far from it. And instead of the public focusing on him and the Nomu, they were focused on Stain. Shigaraki wanted to flip a table out of frustration. . . But then the young villain decided to make this work for him.

"Tell Giran that its true. The idiots who believe that will soon be pouring in here and joining our group. The sooner we have more players on our team the sooner we can create a plan to catch that unpredictable girl," he said with an evil smirk.

All For One smiled to himself upon hearing his successors decision to use Stain as a stepping stone for his gain. He felt proud knowing Tomura abandoned his petty childish mentality after finally understanding how big of a threat Rini Otani was to their plans.

"I'll leave this part to you, Tomura."

.

.

.

\\ Later That Evening //
\\ At The Hospital //

.

.

.

After the authorities dragged Stain away, those who were injured were taken to the Hosu General Hospital. Since Bubble Girl was among the injured, that made Sir Nighteye tag along, which in turn meant Mirio and Rini had to follow as well.

Unfortunately, Rini didn't get the chance to see her classmates she ditched, but she told Izuku to pass along the message that she was fine considering she knew he'd run into them.

Now, after two hours of sitting in a random waiting room with Mirio, Sir Nighteye, and Hawks, the door slid open and in walked the Chief of the Police Force himself. Kenji Tsuragamae.

"Good evening. I came as soon as I received word of what happened, woof," he greeted them the second he stepped through the door.

Sir Nighteye stood up, followed by the others, then greeted the respectable man with a bow.

"Evening, Chief. Allow me to introduce my work study Mirio Togata and my intern Rini Otani," he gestured to the two before turning back to the dog-man. "As I'm sure you heard, Otani was the one who took down Stain. However, I take responsibility as her mentor for her actions, and Hawks also takes responsibility for assisting with the ordeal."

"Yup. What he said," Hawks gave a nod of agreement. "I was the one to fly her to the fight, and I helped her land a solid hit using my wings to apply more force."

The Chief tilted his chin up at the sudden form of bargaining. He glanced between the two Pro Heroes then at the teen in question. Rini stood silently with her hands clasped in front of her and her eyes cast to the floor. Until she looked up at him.

In that moment, the Chief of Police sighed.

"I will keep this brief. As a Hero in training without a license, you do not have the authority to engage criminals or villains and inflict harm unless you were given instruction from an authority figure. Before I entered this room, I was notified of Stain's condition and he received a serious concussion; if you applied anymore force he would have received a hairline fracture in the skull."

Rini averted her gaze to the floor again. She felt terrible she caused such damage despite him being a horrific killer.

"That isn't her fault. I applied the force to her kick by using my feathers," Hawks bud in with a more serious tone. He took a step forward in defense.

"Allow me to finish," the Chief raised a calm hand. "Stain is now responsive, but had he ended up in a coma, there would be explaining to do in the media. As of now, he is under strict guard and monitoring, woof."

The Chief took a quick pause before continuing and directing his words at the teen.

"In any other case, you and your supervisor would be in clear violation of the rules and therefore would have received a strict punishment if this wasn't the outcome. However, if knowledge of your involvement were to remain secret from the public, then this would be dropped. Thankfully there weren't any witnesses besides the Heroes present in the fight, so this violation could be crushed here, woof. But this would mean no one would know about your good judgment or achievement."

Story of my life, Rini thought with amusement as she met the Chief's gaze once more.

"I can arrange for Hawks to take the credit since evidence supports his presence and the way you landed the blow to Stains head is exactly the way he would have fought. Unfortunately, Sir Nighteye will receive a mild punishment and have his teaching license revoked for a few months considering he is your mentor, not Hawks, woof."

"I accept that decision," Nighteye gave a nod.

Rini looked at her mentor and noted how unbothered he appeared. He truly was unbothered. If he had to take some responsibility for Rini, he'd do it a thousand times over because she deserved more than that; she saved more lives than anyone in that room would know.

"Although you won't receive the praise you would have gotten, allow me to express as a fellow protector of peace, my thanks," the Chief finished with a respectful bow at the teen.

Rini, a little speechless, looked gratefully at the Chief. She offered a gentle and appreciative smile in return when he straightened his posture.

"Well, sounds like your off the hook," Mirio joked to ease the slight tension in the room.

Rini giggled at his words until the Chief added:

"Additionally, I wanted to clear up one thing. The Pro's on the scene all witnessed you rush toward Hawks and state you needed to arrive on the scene but you had no time to explain. How did you know they needed the assistance?"

Crap, Rini thought while her smile faded.

"I. . . I had a bad feeling about the situation. I couldn't shake it and so I figured Sir Nighteye and the others needed assisting since the Nomu on our end were already secured," she came up with a decent lie.

The teen could feel Nighteye and Hawks eyes on her as she told her fib. Nighteye was hoping she was convincing enough. Whereas Hawks silently observed how the teen kept her quirk secret firsthand.

"Hm. Alright then. It's a good thing you didn't ignore that feeling and trusted your gut. The best Heroes have that quality," the Chief replied, fully convinced of Rini's lie.

The teen internally let out a relieved sigh whereas she kept a neutral expression on the outside.

Dang this girl is good, Hawks thought upon witnessing this interaction.

"Well, now that that's settled, I will take my leave. I need to oversee the report for this ordeal and make amends with the paperwork. I wish you all the best in your journey of becoming a Hero," the Chief said kindly before saying his farewells and leaving.

And just like that, the pink haired girl was off the hook.

"What a way this turned out. Sorry I gotta take credit for your actions," Hawks sighed while turning to the teen.

"Its fine. What matters is the Hero Killer is caught and he can't terrorize society anymore. I don't care about receiving credit," she said calmly, her expression placid.

The winged Hero nodded then turned to Nighteye.

"And I guess you feel the same, although you have your license revoked," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yes. Just as she said, so long as Stain is caught, I could care less about the ramifications. But I do hope you do not parade this as your own accomplishment," Nighteye stated in a critical tone for that last part.

"Of course not. You have my word," Hawks gave a slight bow.

Although there wasn't a thing mentioned about Rini's quirk or how she dodged the truth with the Chief, the unspoken topic sat over the trios heads. They were waiting for who would acknowledge it first, but when nobody did, they left it at that.

Rini and Sir Nighteye only hoped Hawks would silently keep this to himself.

.

.

.

\\ With All Might //

.

.

.

Prior to this situation with Stain, Toshinori had met with his dear friend, Detective Tsukauichi. They discussed the matter of the Nomu he fought at USJ, specifically his strange ability of having multiple quirks. The investigation took some time and a lot of scientific research, but the conclusion they came to was that the Nomu he fought was bioengineered to hold multiple quirks. And that was only possible if a person that had the ability to give quirks was apart of the process.

Only one person came to mind for All Might: All For One.

Has that man. . . Started to move again. . ?

All Might asked himself that question when Tsukauichi proposed the possibility of his return. He couldn't believe it. He refused to believe it.

But now after hearing from Gran Torino over the phone his input on the situation, the possibility of his return sounded plausible.

The news stations were spreading word of the Hero Killer like wildfire and how he could be linked to the League of Villains. Whether it was true or not, this meant the League would gain more followers thanks to Stains despicable reputation.

Which meant the one backing the League knew what he was doing and expected this result to work in their favor.

A quality All Might recognized to belong to that heinous monster who called himself All For One.

During his conversation with Gran Torino, the old timer mentioned Midoriya's trait of running headfirst into battle without thinking. That and how he met his classmate, Rini Otani, and he expressed briefly how Toshinori was right; Rini did remind him of Nana.

The veteran also mentioned how he would have to tell Midoriya the truth about One For All. Then eventually tell him about the threat of All For One targeting him.

All Might sighed. He never wanted this for Midoriya. He shouldn't have to be in fear of that monster coming after him for the quirk he passed on to him. . .

And then it hit him.

If the threat of All For One was now real, then that meant the threat of him discovering and stealing Rini's quirk was real too. And if that happened, it would mean the end of everything.

"I need to tell Nighteye."

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 249 18
There are three months left of their first year at UA high which has everyone's stomachs in knots; Katsuki Bakugo and Izuku Midoriya have gotten clos...
28.4K 920 10
25 year old Izuku Midoriya, also known as Pro Hero Deku, was fighting villains, along with him friends. However, one peculiar villain had a time rel...
8.5K 33 15
Y/n and her older brother, Katsuki Bakugo, have been students in UA for quite awhile. Y/n usually likes to hang out and have fun with the Bakusquad m...
22.5K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...