Twisted Wonderland Book 1: Th...

By PinkiePieSweets

Briar and her friends are beginning their first day at Night Raven College, but Ace shows up unexpectedly wit... More

Chapter 1: The Desperate Heart
Chapter 2: A Misappropriated Tart
Chapter 3: Garden Decoration
Chapter 5: A Class Escape
Chapter 6: A Carbonara Scrape
Chapter 7: A Traditional Lesson
Chapter 8: The Legendary Seven
Chapter 9: A Mealtime Chat
Chapter 10: A Garden Spat
Chapter 11: Secret in the Oysters
Chapter 12: Egg Destroyers
Chapter 13: Past Improprieties
Chapter 14: Delicious Varieties
Chapter 15: An Army of One
Chapter 16: Hard Work Undone
Chapter 17: A Rule Slip
Chapter 18: A Surprise Tip
Chapter 19: Punishment Escalation
Chapter 20: Rookie Frustration
Chapter 21: A Duel Ill-Advised
Chapter 22: Soundly Chastised
Chapter 23: Magic Unchecked
Chapter 24: An Unhinged Prefect
Chapter 25: A Sad Little Child
Chapter 26: Feelings Reconciled
Chapter 27: Five Second Rule
Chapter 28: Finale for Heartslabyul

Chapter 4: Student Multiplication

95 2 0
By PinkiePieSweets

Time has gone by, and it's proven that painting the roses red with magic is a lot more difficult than it appears to be.

Deuce thinks of the color, "Red... Red..." Then cast his magic on the rose, "BAM!"

However, the rose has turned into a blue color, "Wh-whoa! It turned blue?!"

At another bush, Grim gives it a try, "Change, o foul color! Change! AHA!"

However, that causes the rose to burst into blue flames, making Grim scream, "BWAH! The rose caught on fire!"

Briar becomes shocked and turns to Sereia, "Sereia!"

"Got it!" Sereia replies.

She then uses her magestone pen to cast her water magic and puts out the fire.

"That was too close," Briar says.

She then waves her magestone pen at the rose, "Alright. Red Rose. Red Rose."

Briar cast her magic on the rose, and it does turn red, but the wrong shade.

"Using magic is a lot harder to use than I thought," Briar replies.

Cater calmly crosses his arms and says, "Wow. You're even less competent than I thought.

"Yo, maybe you should just leave the roses white! They look perfectly pretty 'n stuff to me," Ace replies.

Briar hears this and says, "Yeah. The White Roses look very pretty the way they are. Why do we need to change them to a different color?

"It's a matter of tradition," Cater answers, "You can't have an unbirthday party without the roses being red. And you can't play croquet without seven-colored flamingos as mallets and a hedgehog for a ball. Oh, but of course, the roses need to be white when the garden flowers put on their spring concert. That's absolutely crucial.

Then Grim says, "All your rules are completely insane!"

"And complicated," Jasper adds.

Trinket nods her head in reply.

"They say the Queen of Hearts made up these rules herself - she was one of the Great Seven, you know. And Riddle is all about tradition. Probably more than previous housewardens, T-B-H. I'll admit that he's, well... a bit extra," Cater explains.

Yeah, no kidding. I sure don't have time for this nonsense. Is Riddle here? I gotta talk to him," Cater says.

Yeah, probably," Cater answers.

Then questions, "But are you sure that's wise? Did you even bring an apology tart to replace the one you ate?

"Uh, no...?" Ace answers, confused. "I came here first thing in the morning!"

But Cater says, "Ah ah ah... That could be a problem. Have you forgotten rule 53? 'Stolen items must be replaced.' If you're not in compliance, I can't let you in."

This ends up catching everyone off guard, especially Ace.

Ace exclaims in shock, "Are you serious?!"

"All dorm residents must obey the rules. If I let you slide, it would be off with my head next! I hate to say it, Ace, but I'm gonna need you to leave before Riddle spots you. Thanx," Cater explains.

This causes everyone to be wary about Cater's statement.

"I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this all of the sudden," Briar says.

Ace grows concerned, "I... think this guy is for real. You guys, do something!"

"Why should WE do anything?" Deuce questions.

Ace practically begs, "C'mon, please! I can't use magic! Hurry, he's—"

Suddenly, Ace yelps to see Cater has his magestone pen out. Then Cater fires some Flora Magic at them.

Sereia panics and screams, "Stay away!"and fires some of her Water Magic at them.

However, Sereia's magic doesn't seem to have an effect on him.

"Huh? What just..." Tanzanite asks, confused.

Decide then tries to perform some magic, but again, Cater doesn't seem to be affected.

"I'll take care of this guy!" Grim says.

And let out a cry, "MWAH!"

And fires his fire magic at Cater, but once more, Cater isn't affected, and is still coming toward them.

"What's the deal with this guy?!" Ace asks.

"Let's get out of here!" Briar cries out.

Everyone quickly turns back and begins to make a run out of the Rose Maze. The group continues to run away as Cater chases after them. They also try to use their magic to stop it, but the magic doesn't seem to work on it. It's like Cater is immune to every magic they fire at him. Soon, the group runs out of the Rose Maze entrance the way they came, and end up falling to the ground with a thud. Trinket flies down to check on them.

"Don't worry Trinket, I think we're all okay," Briar says.

Ace mutters, "Speak for yourself.

"Here he comes!" Sereia panics.

The group sits up and looks to see Cater arrive at the entryway. Instead, he grabs hold of the gate

Cater waves and says, "Do make sure you bring that tart next time, m'kay? Buh-bye now!"

And closes the gate to the Rose Maze on them. The group has no choice, but to head back. They walk away from the maze and are soon in front of the dorm where the Mirror is.

Ace questions, "Was that guy for real?!

"We hit him over and over, but he just kept coming," Deuce says.

"I can't believe that guy chased us out," Briar says.

Decide then begins to wonder, "Maybe he was using some kind of illusion magic?"

"It seems like it," Briar says.

"But what kind of magic did he use? No matter what we used, nothing seems to work on him," Jasper questions.

"Hmm, it must be a very unique spell," Tanzanite says.

"So lemme get this straight: we walked in there, totally tartless, but this dude still made us do that whole song and dance before throwing us out? He just wanted to make us paint his stupid roses!" Ace questions and gets very annoyed.

"We sure look like a bunch of chumps," Grim comments.

"It seems that the only way for you to talk to Riddle is to bring a tart to replace the one you are," Sereia says, turning to Ace.

Trinket nods her head.

"I guess it kind of makes sense when you think about it," Briar says.

"Eh? And why's that?" Ace questions.

"It's kind of like when you break something from the store or damage something that is someone else's property. 'You break it you buy it' or in this case 'you break it, you remake it,'" Briar says.

Trinket tilts her head with a confused look.

"It just means that if you damage something, you have to pay for the damages. In Ace's case, since he ate the tart, he needs to make a new one," Briar replies.

"I'm not sure if it means the same, but it does make sense," Deuce says.

Then adds, "I guess we'll just have to get an apology tart and come back. Maybe after class, we can-"

Suddenly Deuce panics, "Oh no!"

"What's wrong?" Briar asks, confused.

"We already missed the first bell! We're gonna be late for class!" Deuce cries out.

This causes them to react in shock, "EH?!

Grim freaks out, "Myah! I don't wanna get a blemish on the first day of my glorious Night Raven education! Shake a leg, chumps! To the classroom, pronto!"

But Ace quickly asks, "Hey, so what class are you guys in, anyway? You're freshmen too, right?"

Briar then says, "I remember the headmage had the ghosts of our dorm give us a schedule. And apparently, all of us have to go to the same class.

"Yeah. The headmage said we're in Class 1-A!" Grim adds.

Then Decide says, "Hey, that's the same one I'm in. We got Potionology for first period."

"Oh ho, yeah! That sounds awesome!" Grim cheers.

Ace thinks a bit and says, "M-maybe I don't need magic for that?"

"I don't think it matters, we don't want to be late on the first day," Jasper says.

"You're right, we need to go now!" Sereia says.

"We'll make it if we run for it!" Briar says.

"Then let's hurry!" Deuce says.

And with that, Briar and the others hurry to the mirror to get to their first class before they end up being late on the first day to school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 929 26
From being reincarnated into a rich girl with abusive parents in a world full of fantasies and magic (and Disney apparently), she could only imagine...
760 26 23
What once was a babysitting adventure with Ace and Deuce, has become an thrilling adventure with Cater's new dragon bff...? or Cater finds him self a...
394 45 6
❛ so high, stars eat our dust .ᐟ ❜ ★ ᝰ neon guts ! ⸺ ABOUT 𐏐 ⟡˒ ༘ ⋆˙ the new freshmen at night raven college encounter a strange d...
1.7K 41 39
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) Some time after the events of the Spelldrive, the time has arrived for Ciel and his friends to take their final e...