Twilight | ✔︎

By thewriting_spree

Isn't Twilight sky a beautiful view ? . . When two different colours of nature merge and there comes a blissf... More

character sketch
~ the journey begins ~
~ The Meet ~
~ PROMISE broken ~
Friends wandering the Street
~ Wandering the street-2 ~
~ therapy ~
His Past
siblings
sudoku
Million Dollar Smile
morning drive
A Date ??
The Date
Her Attention
passée (Part - I)
passé (Part-II)
The Sunset
Being with her
A Lucky Coupon
Staycation!
Bliss
besties
irritating her
Drunk Drama
last day
jealous
feelings
Falling for her
better.
Sweetness Overloaded
Realisation
Accident
want him fine
bond
Taking Care
Accepting
Understanding
Confession
Marry Me !
Alliance
Planning
In-laws
welcome home !
shopping
Sagai
Reunion
Mehandi & Sangeet
It's Happening.
The Big Day !
wicked
The Wedding Night
New world
Living Happiness
Karwachauth
Sukoon.
Lets Play ?
Passionate.
Spoiling
~Honeymooning
Back to Bay
With the ladies.
The little moments
Someone is Back !
Dare you.
Happy Birthday
Surprise for the b'day boy.
Author's Note.
The Dawn is OUT !

Over, the Pool of Blood

1.1K 136 180
By thewriting_spree

Karan flipped again on his brother's bed. It was for the nth time he did that. Turning around, closing his eyes taking a breath. Drawing arms around his brother, trying to sleep. But Sleep was far away from his eyes. He couldn't sleep or even shut his eyes to welcome the sleep.

Taking a deep breath he tightly pressed his eyes close. Trying to make his mind numb with sleep.

Karan(mind): so ja Karan.

He never had this problem, atleast not after his marriage. With her beside him, he slept like a log. With no worries of the world.

But today it was a different talk, he was not able to sleep or even droze for a moment.

Surely he had days like this. Where he couldn't sleep. The fire-like burning in his chest and the growling sickness in his stomach, making it all even worse.

Karan shut opens his eyes taking a heavy breath. He turns his head to the left side looking at Rishab to only find him asleep.

God ! And why wouldn't anyone be ? It's two AM in the midnight and he was wide awake like an owl.

Karan fists his palms trying to calm the rapidly crawling uneasiness.

Karan(whispers): calm down... Mann ithna ghabra kyu rah hain ? What's this uneasiness for ? Sab kuch tho theek tha. Babydoll bhi...

He plants his palms against his face calming his breath. He again turns his sides closing his eyes.

He stills when he hears a groan from his brother and then receives a kick on his bum making his eyes wide.

Rishabh: Yaar agar thuje yaha nahi neend aah rahe tho ja na Preeta ke paas. I know you can't even tie your tie without her. Sleeping here is even a big task.

Rishabh chuckles saying the last sentence'. Karan sits on the bed shaking his head at his brother.

Karan: it's not like that. This room has some problem. I mean....

Rishabh rises his head giving him a teasing smile and turning other side closing his eyes.

Rishabh: off the AC while you leave.

Karan hums sliding down the bed. He walks out of the room after switching the AC and closes the door behind him.

His march towards his room was quick like light. Even after standing infront of his door his heart didn't stop pounding like mess.

He closes his eyes taking deep breaths calming his heartbeat as much as he can. He blows out a breath before pushing the door, letting it open wide.

He lets out a soft sigh seeing Preeta sleeping on his side, her face pressed against his pillow. A smile curves on seeing the view.

God. This lady has totally with no efforts turn him into a despo. He couldn't even sleep without her in his arms, even for a single day. Such was the power she had on him.

Karan(mind): dheka. Woh yahi hain. Idoit ho thum just like what she says. And ye jayegi bhi kaha? Pagal ! Bekhar main kuch bhi soch raha tha.

He enters inside the room closing the door behind him. A chuckle leaves a mouth seeing her fully occupying the bed.

Karan smiles squatting beside the bed, looking at her with a soft smile and leaning in and kissing her forehead. He slowly, making sure no movement is done lays down on the bed, beside her on the right side.

He stares at her, softly tucking her stray hairs back and slowly caressing her cheek with he thumb. His brows frow feeling her skin cold.

Karan shakes his head taking the AC's remote and switching it off leaving a sigh.

Karan(whispers): patha hain khud ki your very sensitive and feels cold very fast. Lekin nahi madam ko AC off karne main dhikath hain.

He smiling strokes her cheeks, trying to warm them, and kisses her cheek.

Karan: utho thum subah phir main bathatha hoon.

Karan turns her around to face the other side so he can wrap his arms and comfortably lay beside her, but his body still when her body moves, falling to the side like a leaf.

He slides his hand on her arm lacing his fingers with hers. His frown gets deepened feeling her whole body like air and cold like ice.

His heart thudding hard in his chest and his palms become sweaty. All the shit he felt inside burning him alive.

Sitting back on stright on the bed and switching the table lamp on he turns her around and cups her face.

Karan: thabait theek nahi hain kya ? Why is she so.... ye esse saans kyu le rahi hain?

His hands sweating even more as she breaths heavily suddenly. His eyes turns glossy seeing her breath fall low and high.

Karan: hey,Babydoll... Preeta, Preeta Anke kholo... Dheko Preeta ! open your eyes babydoll.

Karan pushes her hair back patting her cheek.

Karan(sternly): Dheko if this is some prank stop it right here. Your killing the shit out of me !

He says in trembling voice as he softly pats her cheek continuesly waiting for her response.

A tear slips off his eyes as he tries waking her up. But it seemed of no use. She wasn't responding and it was making him hard to even breath.

Karan(shouts): enough, Preeta ! I'm warning you. Anke kholo apna warna.. warna.. main...

He feels hard to say the next word and shakes her face a little hardly. But it didn't show any difference. She didn't even open her eyes or even move a bit.

It made him flinch and his heart heavy.

Karan(wiping his tears): theek hain phir. I'll take you to the doctor.

He adamantly stands up from the bed pushing the comforter away from him and at the action it moves away from her body too.

Karan: Pree--

Karan stumbles couple of steps back jerkily, not believing his eyes. Shaking his head from left to right at the view of the whole other part of bed.

The bedsheet stained with a dark red colour of blood. Fresh blood covered their light yellow colour bedsheets. Which anyone could say without a doubt, was blood.

His body was rushed into a shiver of panic and shock.

Karan's whole world came crashing in a minute, directly as a hard slap on his face. His heartbeat stopping in the rib. He felt hard to suck in a breath as if doing that was a sin.

His whole mind covered with dark black stain patches. His eyes stuck on his wife's lifeless body were glossy and hot. His body trembled and his teeths gritted together, shivering.

He wanted to shout, scream, call out her name. Hold her close and rush down the roads. He tried to speak but he couldn't. It felt impossible. Unbelievable and unbearable.

The scene was death to him. Seeing his wife, his love, his Preeta. On the verge of her last breath.

He didn't know when he landed up on his knees on the floor looking at his wife, his love, who was laying in the pool of blood.

Her wrist having a deep cut and blood flowing freely like it was from a tap water. Staining their bed, his mind and his whole damn life.

This is equal to his death. He didn't have to die again. He was dying each moment. How much he wished he stopped his breath even before imaging something like this, let alone seeing it infront of him.

He couldn't see this. Let it happen. He can't let her leave. Not now, not like this. And not ever and forever.

If she was no more, it means he is not, too.

Karan (shaking his head): noo... Noo.. this.... Noo....

He finally after trying alot, sucks in a trembling breath into his lungs. His mind was fast enough to recover from the panic crawling over.

Because if couldn't do it now, the he would regret this until his death.

He unsteadily crawls upto their bed and look at her wrist, having a deep cut. It seemed deep, harsh and brutal. Why would she do that ?

He shakes his head not letting any negative thoughts in. Like she always says. Wish and think positive, response would be the same.

And now he could give no shit to his thoughts. His heart was ready to drop down as he held her fragile wrist having cut in his plams.

Karan(breathing heavily); Kuch nahi hoga thume. Samjahi ? Karan hain. Kuch nahi hone dunga. I promise. Kuch bhi nahi.

He wipes his tears with the back of his hand and pulls off his shirt and tares it apart with his trembling teeth. Taking a strip off and tieing it onto her wrist tightly. He kisses her knuckles noding in no his eyes vulnerably showing his weakness and pain.

His tears flowed freely seeing her pale face. How cheerful she looked just hours ago. Just 3 hours ago she was blushing, kissing him and saying I love you to him and. now ?

She was laying on their bed going closer to her death. Which he doesn't even wants to think.

He not wasting a time after tieing her wrist, scoops her into his trembling hands. With unsteady yet quick steps he walks out of their room, holding her safely in his embrace.

His eyes blinks of and he stumbles on each of his steps. And a sob leaves his mouth. He had never felt this helpless.

You can't. His mind screamed. He wasn't able to breath seeing her. His heart ached like someone stabbed knife into that little organ for nth time. Each heartbeat made his chest pain and inside burning like a fire.

Why ? Why did she ? Did she even ? Why the hell did he leave her ?

Karan looks at her face and shakes his head off. He will not let this happen. At any cost. It's not going to, not when he is still breathing. She can't just leave him like that. Fuck that, she can't leave anyone, anytime. These thoughts kept on repeating in his hopelessly lost brain.

He mindlessly walked to the stairs and stumbled. His eyes wide as his hands fall weak to hold her. His body becoming weak because of the unavoidable emotions that's riddling up his mind.

He was falling weak. Weak to an extent that he didn't believe he could. and he couldn't fall weak, He just can't. If he breaks down here, it would be the biggest regret an unforgivable thing for himself. Each time of this hour counted on the life of his love. His leaving.

He tries taking steps he strides two more stairs before he stops on the next stair, taking deep breath. He adamantly tries taking another step but again stumbles back almost falling.

But the mighty in him to never let her fall bought him back to hold. He tried but he couldn't. And he didn't have a damn minute to waste now.

Karan(shouts): MOM ! RISHABH!! DAD !

Karan's knees falls with a thud on the stair a soon as he shouts on the top of his voice. Breaking down into a heavy tears and sobs. His hand tightenss around her pulling her closer to his chest.

Rakhi and Rishabh rushes down their rooms hearing his shout.

Rakhi: kya hua puttar ?

She asks from behind, not noticing anything.

Rishabh rushes down to him and freezes on his step. His eyes stays stuck on them. Seeing Preeta close to Karan's chest and her hand dropped freely in air, blood dripping from the cut that was now tied. His hands turns moist and eyes glossy at the heart wrenching view.

Karan holding her close to him like his life depended on her. And yes , it did. If Karan is still alive it's because of her. And if he would live, the reason will also be, her.

Them. Their love.

Rakhi frowns seeing the blood and looks at Karan's back.

Rakhi(worried): yeh khoon ? Kya hua ?

Rakhi steps front and her eyes go wide. Her head shaking vigorously as she notices her daughter-in-law.

Rakhi (shouts): Preeta !

Rishabh makes eye contact with his brother,only to see the vulnerability in them. His heart ached seeing it.

A loud sob leaves Karan's mouth as he shook his head, trembling. Still fallen on his knees.

His voice comes out gruf and heavy. The arms tightenss more around her and he keeps his head on her chest sobbing into it.

Inhaling his favourite scent into his nostrils, but it didn't calm him like always. It made him suffocated because he didn't feel her.

He dugged his face into her, again trying to feel what he always felt but all he felt was fear. A fear that was eating him alive.

Karan (shaking his head): Rishabh nahi hoga mujhse ye...

Rishabh nodes his head taking a breath. He looks at Karan who seemed weak to even cry and that made his heart break.

But each moment was indeed powerful to save her and he couldn't let that pass. So, Rishab quickly takes Preeta in his arms from Karan's embrace and looks at him before turning around .

Rishabh: chup karo thum. Aur ghadi main bait.

Rishabh without wasting another movement climbs down the stairs, shouting for drivers to start the car. Girish who was awake by the chaos quickly opens the door wiping away his own tears seeing her condition, as Rishabh passes the threshold of their door.

Time never left so slow paced like it felt in the suffocating car. Even with the roads clear of traffic, it felt like they were stuck.

Karan eyes stayed hooked on his wife's pale face. His hand gently holding her cut wrist. He couldn't react. He could think, he fucking couldn't breathe.

It felt suffocating. He felt like he's breath was snatched from him. His heart was frozen and his body didn't feel anything. Not pain , not the weight of her body that layed on his lap.

All he felt was in inside. The hurt, the pain, the anger , the frustration, the guilt and the helpless. He wanted to cry, scream shout and if possible just stab a knife into his chest. Because all the would feel hundred times better than what he was feeling.

As soon as they hit the entrance of the hospital. Rishabh stride out, opening the back seat he carried her again, towards the ED.

Doctors were ready with their necessities and preparations by the time they were here.

Karan didn't move from his seat. Not when his wife was carried away from his lap, not when his brother aimlessly rushed towards the doctors.

He sat in the car's backseat. Looking at her being carried into the hospital, layed in the stretcher. He watched her being taken away, with glossy eyes and tears rolling down his cheek freely.

He didn't think of it. Damn ! he never saw that coming. She was not like this. She couldn't attempt this stupidness. It's unjustified.

She's one a strong, willed women he have ever known. Going through all odds, with her signature smile. But today ? What ? Why ? How ?

He leaned back on the headrest of the car clutching the seat beanthe him, tight in his palms. It's not true.

It's all just a nightmare. He would now get up bathing in sweat and, Preeta would be hugging him closely. Laughing out when he says it to her. But then the sob and shiver, the blood stain on his hand and floor. All rushed into him.

But no ! God no ! It didn't. It wasn't a nightmare, a silly dream. It was an unavoidable reality.

The most painful one of his entire 32 years of living. If he thought seeing Rishabh in blood, was most dreadful thing, then he was wrong. He was utterly wrong !

It was not. It was not even close to this pain, not at all. Seeing the love of his life, in the fresh redness of her own blood. Laying lifeless in their bedroom on their bed. Where they loved eachother to no ends. It pained him alot. He was dying each second of this life. From the last 15 minutes.

Yes, 15 minutes. It just took barely 20 minutes. But it felt like 20 decades. Never ending 20 decades. It felt hard to pass. Harder to live in.

Even after having the ability to breath he didn't feel alive. Even having heart he didn't feel a beat.

It was like an end. The darkest place of his life. Again the pain embracing him. The feeling of being betrayed crawling. The urge to end his own life settling in him. Because hell he can't even imagine lossing her.

How much he wished he ended here this moment so he didn't have to know anything more anything less about this dreadful life. To Not see his love fighting for her life.

Why the hell did she do it ? What was the reason? What the hell happened in just three hours of the night ? Why always them ?

Why is love so tragic and not just like the fucking best-selling novels ? Why was life always complicated? Why him again. And why his her ?

"And again that's how life goes. When everything goes smooth just remind yourself something big and horror is awaiting you." Her words echoed in his ears before he felt his body numb and breath fully hitched. His hands falling freely before a whole wave of panic washed over him.

He can't lose her. Fate can't live their love like this. But again, True love is said to be endless and... Tragic?

A humourless chuckle left his mouth before he took a heavy breath.

Here he is now. Again feeling all drown out, exhausted, tiered and hopeless. Exactly the way he felt ten months back.

He want to go in , to be beside her. But also he don't have the courage to face this. See her in the bed like that. If he's called a coward let it be.

All he know is. He failed her. He lost her. He failed them, Their love.
He failed his whole life, in just one night...

Vote Target: 100 votes.
(I'm forced and helpless to do this)

Are you guys having the sweet smile every chapters give on your beautiful faces ?

If not, it's not the end.

But frankly why did she do that ? What happened in just some hours ?

So here we come to an end of our Favourite book 'The Twilight'.

An unexpected and brutal one, isn't it ? I know, for me too... I feel the same.

Please do vote and leave your reviews.

Signing off with a heavyheart
Crazys_writing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 3K 42
Best friends forever since childhood, but will this 'forever is for life or just a second, peep in to know!' No.1 #preeran 11/01/20 No.4 #pkl No.4 #...
47.6K 4.5K 25
|COMPLETED| (updating bonuses) "Why are you rejecting the proposal?" "First of all , i have no interest in marriage and secondly she doesn't meet my...
30.1K 2.6K 31
[ UNDER EDITING ] *SidNaaz Fanfiction* Its strange how tables can turn in a night..... How a person you once crossed paths with randomly , becomes so...
135K 7.8K 61
Hey guys.. (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ I m tina.. new to whattpad.. i m big fan of preeran & seeing people writing story on them.. i also want to try.. All the charact...