𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥�...

By haleyboook

kate bishop x oc unedited! ➴➵➶ ➴➵➶ "I swear if you point another gun at my face I will lodge an arrow up you... More

prologue
ronin
lila
pent up aggression
hide and seek
target
mercy
pressure
meet the parents
holiday cheer
small packages
yelena unknown
cool vest
night out
stealing from orphans
kate the date
vormir chronicles
widow
confrontation
life and death
fighting on christmas
barton's past
what was that?
trick arrows and anger
fighting kingpin
pain only makes us stronger
christmas day
answers needed
endings and beginnings
Part 2
begin again
museum of cap
moose and goose
new captain in town
reunion of some sorts
tell me lies
Q&A
she deserved answers
our answers
father of mine
budapest barton
melina's help
the family reunion
madripoor god

bombshell of the century

2.6K 91 104
By haleyboook

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"We gotta figure out where the serum is coming from."

Sam nods saying "Yeah. And how in the hell after 80 years are there eight Super Soldiers running loose?"

John Walker approaches in the military vehicle, honking twice and opening the door for them to get on. He says "Well that didn't go as planned, huh?"

They keep walking and says "Look at least we know what we're up against now, hm? And we're pretty sure it's one of the Big three, so.." Lemar chimes in "Aliens, androids, or wizards."

"There's no such thing as wizards!"

"Alright, then it's aliens, or androids.."

Sam quips "Or Super Soldiers."

Lemar looks to them surprised saying "Shit. Super Soldiers, for real?"

"Wow. Alright, then we gotta work together."

Bucky shakes his head saying "That's not happening."

"We stand a much better chance if we all just.."

Bucky cuts him off "Just because you carry the shield... it doesn't mean your captain america."

"Look I've done the work. Okay?"

"ever jumped on a grenade?"

"Yeah. Actually, I have. Four times. It's this thing I do with my reinforced helmet.. it's a long story but.. Look it's 20 miles to the airport. You guys need a ride. Get in. I'll tell you about our asset."

They get in the car and Bucky remains glaring at both of them, making them uncomfortable while John says "Okay, so we've got eight super soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?"

"They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during the Blip. Maybe they're just trying to help."

"They sure have a funny way of showing it." Bucky chimes in. John says "That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record. No offense."

Bucky glares at him and Sam says "We need to figure out where they're going. How'd you track them here? The flagsmashers? Your asset is a mole or something?"

"Uh, no.. we didn't track the flagsmashers. We tracked you, through redwing. Uh.."

"You hacked my tech?"

"No, we didn't. Sorry, it's not exactly hacking. It's government property and our asset had links in. And I'm.. kind of the government."

Bucky glares daggers towards John as Sam says "Who's your asset?"

"An Avenger actually."

Bucky looks to Sam and Sam says "Who?"

"Agent Barton. The female."

Sam leans forward saying "Kenzie?"

Lemar says "She's really nice."

Sam scoffs saying "Are we talking about the same person? You're meaning to tell me that Barton helped you track me down?"

John says "She thought a team up would be a good idea. She was going to be on this mission but she had food poisoning."

Sam laughs and shakes his head. He nods saying "Yeah, of course. She doesn't answer my emails or messages for months but she gives you my location, no hesitation."

Lemar says "She's just been reinstated."

Sam questions "Why was she uninstated?"

"She needed psychological evaluation after the events that happened involving Wilson Fisk and Hawkeye. With reports from her colleagues and the government, they felt she needed to be cleared before being thrown back into missions."

Sam says "And I wasn't notified of this? She's a friend of a friend, and I owe her one. Why do you have access to that information and I don't?"

John says "I'm sorta Captain America... thats why."

Bucky looks to John and narrows his eyes at him. John asks "Does he always just stare like that?"

Sam sighs saying "You get used to it."

I quickly make my way back to the states after I send Amelia a small care package via Reya and the others.

Hopefully that helps with her sickness, it's causing a bit of a damper on my plans to say the least

Checking in with Kate, I enter the apartment. I look to the empty apartment and I watch as I see a red and purple blur swing past the huge glass wall we have

I sigh saying "Why am I not even surprised?"

Kate yippee's and shouts "This is amazing!"

I hear their laughing and I smile lightly. I stand on the balcony and lean over the rail watching as they go slightly lower.

Peter and Kate swing past and Peter says "Hey! It's Kenzie!"

"Kenzie? Wait no way! Heyy!" Kate shouts

I smile and say "I see he's showing you how swinging works."

"It's amazzingg!"

I laugh and Peter says "Yelena refuses."

"I don't blame her."

He goes back and forth again saying "Hey! I am a perfectly safe swinger."

I chuckle saying "You're so weird. Anyway, Kate I've gotta handle the whole John Walker thing. He reached out to me. Via email. That's like weird right?"

They land beside me and Kate says "And I didn't get an email?"

I nod saying "He probably doesn't know the new people. He only knows of me because I was in the government data base."

Peter says "I want a call from the fake captain america."

"How'd you know he called?"

"He did both? Man he's desperate. Everyone wants a piece of you Kenz." I smile at Kate's teasing and she hugs me

I laugh saying "You bet. Creepy military men that doubt my skills always want me. Not my connections or anything."

"Hey. Your connections are apart of you too. So technically..."

"He won't ever know of my connections. Only what I'd like them to know." I answer back quickly

Peter says "So where are you headed next?"

"Ah, nowhere interesting. Just trailing a few people. Nothing entertaining."

Peter nods and Kate says "When do you leave? Do I need to pay rent while your gone, since it's the 30th?"

"No. I have it covered. Already paid. I leave as soon as I receive an update."

They nod and Kate says "How about a sandwich? You hungry?"

"Starving."

Peter says "We went to Del Mar's."

"All the way in Queens?"

"Yeah. Swung all the way there."

My phone chimes and I look down at the message from Karli "Tell your goons to leave me alone."

I look to the two of them as they walk inside. I respond "I sent you my message in person, days ago. I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Karli, we were on the same side. Destroy the serum and let me help you."

I push my phone back into my pocket and sigh as I run my hand down my face annoyed. I ask them "Where's Yelena?"

Kate shrugs saying "Nobody tells me anything. I don't know where she is. And most of the time, I don't even know where you are."

I look to Kate surprised and Peter vacates the room to enter the kitchen. Kate crosses her arms walking away. I say "What's that supposed to mean?"

Kate says "I got an interesting email the other day."

I freeze and say "What are you talking about?"

"Photos. Information."

"What kind of information? And from who?"

She reaches for her laptop saying "Just the business you work for. Someone was very interested in explaining just how much you've been keeping from me. They stayed anonymous."

I tilt my head towards her saying "And you, trust this information more than you trust me?"

She pauses and looks to me "Kenzie, I don't know what to believe. Are you actually going to see John Walker?"

I nod saying "I am. Hate his guts, but I am. Want me to take a selfie with him, when I see him? Will that make you feel better? I didn't know I had to clear every action I make with you first!"

Kate scoffs saying "It's not like that and you know that."

"Then why are you questioning me like this?"

"I get it you know, the grief. I've lost people too. We're all worried. Every single one of us. Yelena may not admit it but all she wants to do is keep you safe. That's all we want to do. You haven't even spoken to Clint since Christmas have you?"

My jaw tightens and I say "He's my father. My communication with him is my problem. Not yours. There's just some things you can't get involved in. My relationship with him is more complicated than you'll ever know. He abandoned me when I was alone already. Countless times. You worship the ground he walks on. I don't want to ruin that for you."

Kate says "Then where do you go?"

I reach for her shoulders and say "I have missions. What I do, I do to protect you. Protect everyone."

"That's not your burden, Kenzie."

"Yes it is. I'll explain everything. With time. I promise. Just.. give me time. Please."

Kate's expression softens and she hugs me tightly "Okay. Just... you're not alone."

Nodding I say "I know."

She rubs my back and then pulls away to make eye contact. "There's people that love you, and want to help you. We're all here."

I nod slowly and look to her lips. She leans in, pressing a kiss to my lips

Bucky sits on the crates, zoned out. Fully out of it. Sam says "You alright?"

"Let's take the shield, Sam. Let's take the shield and do this ourselves."

Sam says "We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it. Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it?"

"Maybe."

"I'll help you in case you forgot. Sharon was branded an enemy of the state, a 15 year old girl broke all of us out of jail, she then went on the run with Steve, Natasha, and I for two years. I don't know about you, but I don't want to live the rest of my life la vida loca. We just got our asses handed to us by Super Soldiers, and we got nothing. We didn't even think super soldiers existed past the 40's."

"...Not entirely true."

He gets up, and sits beside Sam. He sighs saying "In the early 2000's... Hydra and the red room.. They worked to create more super soldiers. They sorta... bred me."

Sam's eyes widen and he says "What?"

Bucky sighs saying "It wasn't exactly my conscious mind. Most of the kids didn't survive. All of them died or were unsuccessful, but one. I had a daughter. She was a super soldier. The amount of samples they took of her blood when she was born was terrifying. At the time, I didn't know they needed multiple forms of my blood to harvest the serum from my veins. I can only assume that's what they did. If the flagsmashers are some how related to that, her blood, my blood is the reason."

Sam says "They bred you?...God.. Bucky I'm so sorry."

He shakes his head saying "Don't be. Alright? My daughter was the only thing I lived for in there. She was the happiest little girl. Even after everything they did to her.. she still smiled and hugged me, always. She was... my favorite person."

"What happened to her Bucky?" Sam asks carefully

Bucky shrugs saying "I had orders.. she was caught in the cross fire as her mother tried to get them out of hydra and the red room."

"Oh god. Bucky.."

"I made my mistakes. This mission.. destroying the serum, it just feels like my last chance at protecting her."

Sam says "I get it. We'll figure it out."

"I know someone. Someone you should meet. They aren't related to her but.. you should meet him."

Sam nods and says "Okay. We'll meet him."

Shortly after the avengers data base alerts me that my father was picked up by police in Baltimore.

I board the quinjet, placing the coordinates in and landing about 30 minutes later in Baltimore.

God I love high speed jets

Stepping out of the jet I enter the police station.

Fully myself.

No mask.

No gloves.

John walks right past me and I roll my eyes as I approach the lady behind the glass. I look to her saying "I'm here to pay James Barnes's bail."

"You?" She questions

"Yes. Me. How much?"

She shrugs saying "Usually we charge a few hundred but since he has a pardon and we've called his therapist he should be off free."

"Actually.." someone behind her says something and the woman says "$2,150."

Such a scam

Nodding I slide my wallet out. I tilt my head saying "This'll be dropped from his record?"

She nods saying "As soon as payments processed and the therapist shows up it'll be dropped." I sigh and slide the card towards them.

I'm interrupted soon after as they hand me back my card. "ID miss."

I slide the Mackenzie Barton ID over and they say "Holy shit."

The lady behind me interrupts the front desk attendant and says "Agent Barton... Hi."

I turn and see doctor raynor. Oh for fucks sake. We have the same therapist too??

"Dr. Raynor. Hi."

"May I ask what you're doing here?"

I clear my throat saying "Fulfilling a promise I made. What are you doing here?"

"Seeing a client. A therapist never sleeps. Walk with me?"

I grab my ID and card back as the women up front attempt to tell me they voided my card because of my status of avenger

I walk with Dr. Raynor and she says "Sam. I've heard a lot about you. I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James's therapist."

Sam looks over to the two of us as he stands. He looks to me confused and says "So nice to meet you Doc. Thank you for getting him out."

Raynor shakes her head and says "That was not me, I assume you've met Agent Barton. This was her doing."

Sam tilts his head towards me saying "Uh huh, I know Mackenzie. She has a habit of getting avengers out of jail it seems."

I smile and say "Hi Big bird."

He smiles and pats my shoulder. John interrupts shouting "Christina!"

I make a face and Sam mutters "It's your buddy." he teases

I glare at him as John says "Great to see you again!"

"You know him?" Sam grumbles

Christina says "Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day."

"Heard you were working with Bucky. So I thought I'd step in. Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

I clear my throat saying annoyed "Excuse me?"

Dr. Raynor says "We haven't finished our work. Who authorized this?"

He motions to himself and I scoff. I shake my head saying "Are you a medical professional Walker?! Are you a doctor??"

"Excuse me?" He asks confused and continues "Who even are you?"

"This is Agent Barton." Dr. Raynor clarifies

His eyes widen and he says "Oh. Wow. Well, hello. Nice to meet you."

I nod saying "Yeah. Sure, pleasures all mine. Who put these guidelines in place that he has such a short leash anyway?"

"The government, Agent Barton."

I grumble saying "The government should have asked for other avengers input on the matter. Including me."

John says "I'm sorry. How old are you actually?"

"That's classified." My anger spikes and I grit my teeth.

My phone rings as I reach into my pocket and John steps away saying something to Sam.

The buzzer sounds as the doors open and I look down at the blocked number

What the hell? Who has my burner number?

Sam says "Kenzie?"

Pressing the phone to my ear I answer as I watch my father step through the doors with two cops. I haven't been this close to him in so long. "Mackenzie."

"Yes?" I ask confused. The voice is a little muffled and I can't tell who it is. But they know me, they know my name

"Everything's secure and ready."

"Rick?" I question

"Yeah, It's me, Rick. I got everything."

Rick. Rick Mason. My mom's asset. He came through. I smile lightly

My eyes widen as Sam looks to me. I stumble back and I say "What? How? You told me the pym particles were taking longer to figure out?"

Sam says "Mackenzie?"

I make eye contact with him as Bucky looks over to us. I shake my head as Mason says "I have it all. Every part. Even managed to get the pym particles replicated.."

My heart aches, hope is all I feel besides a small amount of joy and I nod saying "Alright... thank you. I'll get there right away.. Thank you, Mason. So much."

My eyes water and Sam says "Kenzie?"

"I gotta- uh.. I gotta go. It's an emergency. I'm- I'm sorry."

I'm getting my mom back...

Sam looks to me concerned as I squeeze the phone tightly in my hand

I go to rush out of the police station as Bucky looks to me, I pause and look at him.

Frozen in place, his eyebrows etch together confused as he goes to step closer towards me as Dr. Raynor speaks with him.

I open my mouth to actually address him being in front of me

Confusion sets in as he opens his mouth to say something. The ringing stops quickly on the other line and Amelia's phone goes directly to voicemail and I shake my head as Bucky leans forward to see me leaving.

He mutters "Mackenzie?"

He steps forward, attempting to go after me but I walk away too quickly and he's interupted.

Dr. Raynor says "James. Condition of your release. Session. Now. You too Sam."

"What? No I was just-"

"It wasn't a request."

Quickly I dial Peter's number. It's time to get him, to work. To use that mind of his to my advantage.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

haley speaks!
SO close. Soorrryyy. Haha, BUT. Did you see the huge bombshell I dropped?? EEEEKKKK Mackenzie's getting her mom back?? How? Oh my god!! :) Bucky confides in San a bit here. And obviously we see that Sam cares for Mackenzie too, even if he won't admit it. Things are heating upppppp! Not sure if you guys saw my anouncement but I got covid. My whole family did and I feel like death lmao. I sound like a dying toad when I cough. HAHAHA. Also! Can we PLEASE talk about the release of the obi wan episodes??? SO good. Anyway, what'd ya think of the chapter? :)

Q&A: So, many were saying Kenzie deserves a happy ending.... Does she deserve it?
And should she get it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 290 26
Kate Bishop enjoys a relaxed and well deserved Christmas with the Barton family and stays with them into the new year. But once she returns home to N...
74K 1.1K 25
will include -smut -fluff -cute stuff in general maybe g!p if you don't like that then don't read:)
212K 4.9K 50
Everyone knows y/n as a player, but a girl catches her attention making her finally commitment? They have there ups and downs but will they get throu...
3.7K 118 14
Lizzie Thompson, the badass and the world's most wanted thief confronts an old friend that drives her crazy. But how can she resist the feeling if Ka...