The Fallen Player

By Treekami

We follow YOU, the Player, on this epic Undertale story. You get sucked into the game on your computer and ha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Oh, You've Fallen Down!
Chapter 2 Through the Ruins
Chapter 3 Snowdin Forest
Chapter 4 Having a bad time
Chapter 5 Making Friends
Chapter 6 The Walk To The Lab
Chapter 7 A Hollow Crooked Smile
Chapter 8 The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 9 Behind The Mask
Chapter 11 Saving The Game

Chapter 10 Let's Give It Everything We've Got!

526 17 8
By Treekami

The Demon pulled Gaster's strings as they blocked the door to unleash more attacks upon my guardians. I watched with anticipation in hopes my friends won't get hurt for my sake and successfully weaken them in the end.

Toriel dodged out of the way from the power thrown at the crowd, snatching Frisk just in time before the blast could reach them. Undyne flung more spears at her opponent, all the while, bones that Sans and Papyrus threw raced the spears. The monsters were making it a game on who could hit the target first. At least they were having fun while fighting, right?

The spears hit first as you heard Undyne's cheer loud and clear, "YEAH! Mine hit first! Fufufu!" She chuckled and stuck her tongue out at the two skeleton boys looking defeated.

"NYEH! NO FAIR UNDYNE, YOU THREW YOUR SPEARS FIRST!" Papyrus screeched back at her.

"You'll just have to throw harder next time!" Undyne retorted right back.

Before Sans could shout out to look out, the two get hit with a Gaster Blaster beam head-on. Sans dodged like a pro, and luckily Undyne and Papyrus could take a beating, getting up from the hit shortly after.

The Demon sputters out, "Pathetic," and moves on to another target, Toriel, and Frisk, not giving anyone a moment's rest.

"You three, stop playing around. Do not get distracted!" Toriel lectured as she repeatedly attacked the Demon with her fire magic, protecting Frisk that hid behind her.

All three apologized, "Sorry!" Leaping back into battle.

Alphys was shocked at how strong Toriel was. No wonder Asgore submitted to her whenever she snapped at him. Do not mess with a goat mom and her children, or she will set you on fire! Asgore could only dream of getting back together with his ex-wife. He still loved her, and the expression on his face said it all. If hearts could form above his head, they would.

Alphys interrupted his daydreams by coughing to get his attention, "A-Asgore. D-d-do you think we should step into battle?"

He pops back into reality and glances down at the scientist, "Only if the fight looks grim for us all. Until then, we wait."

Alphys could only nod while on edge, watching her girlfriend fight and get hit by the attacks from their attacker. If only Mattaton were here to help aid in the fight, she took her phone out to call for reinforcements, but all she heard was static on the other end of the line. Texting the others failed to go through as well. She suspected that the Demon must be preventing anyone from calling for help.

Suddenly, "BEHOLD! MY SPECIAL ATTACK!" Papyrus called aloud to have everyone back off witnessing him go into a battle stance.

A moment of silence loomed while the vents turned on and expelled a slight wind to sway his red cape. He stood back upright and nervously laughed, "SHOOT! THAT'S RIGHT! THAT ANNOYING DOG STOLE MY SPECIAL ATTACK BONES!"

With Papyrus being distracted and frozen in fear, a Gaster Blaster opened its mouth, discharging the beam at Papyrus. Undyne cried out, not having enough time to jump in to save her friend, "Papyrus, dodge!" But Papyrus was too slow to sprint out of the way in time.

Luckily for him, his brother teleported and pulled Papyrus off to the side, inches from getting struck by the beam. His flowing cape singed in the process. Papyrus broke out of his deer in headlight stance and wept out, "THANKS, BROTHER!"

"Now's not the time for breaks, Papyrus...." He pauses his sentence and raises his hand at the enemy. The Gaster Blaster shot out again, racing toward them. Sans formed a barrier around him and his brother, splitting the beam into sections while it hit the walls and the debris scattered within the room. Sans finishes his sentence, "Going on breaks is my job."

Undyne leaped out of the way from the ray, showing off her royal guard skills; all the while, thanks to Toriel shielding Frisk, Asgore protecting Alphys, and Asriel defending me, the leftover beam from the blaster finally departed.

Sans again teleported Papyrus over to Undyne for safety. He was displeased that the Demon targeted his brother, having to teleport himself in the air behind Gaster. He rose both his hands to the sky, with an array of bones appearing from under the floor. Sans avoided hitting the machine, even though a barrier surrounded it. His bones repeatedly hit his opponent until they disappeared.

Even Sans couldn't tell where the Demon would spring up next as his eye sockets frequently scanned around the room, only to be suddenly hit in the back by a new form of power. The Demon had an attack of their own, and realizing that Gaster's powers were no match for this group of fighters, they started to get desperate, summoning a black hole that shot out a black beam.

Sans hits the ground and skids across the floor with such force that it makes him go unconscious for a few seconds. He heard his brother, Papyrus and Toriel shout out his name as he came to his senses. At first, all he heard was ringing, but the voices became more indistinct as he watched Toriel and Frisk rush to his aid.

Undyne kept Papyrus from rushing over to his brother. "Papyrus, no! We need to distract the Demon while they tend to Sans!" Papyrus understood her order, both having them charge together, yelling out their war cries of "NGAHHHHH" and "NYEHHHHH!"

"Sans, are you alright?!" Frisk cried out, pulling him up off the ground. Toriel used her body to protect them both, ready to raise another barrier around them if the Demon unleashed that void attack again.

"Yeah, I'm okay, thanks....but that attack they just used...." He glanced back at Gaster's presence, covered in a dark void. "That's the Demon's power."

Toriel grunts out in frustration, "I do not like the looks of this, Sans. That power is stronger than our own. I am afraid if they use that power on us again, we may need to retreat."

"No way! We're not giving up on the Player's way home!" Frisk shouted out.

"Frisk is right....Anyway, they're getting weaker by using that attack." Sans watches Gaster's movements intently, looking weary after using such an attack while fighting off Undyne and Papyrus. "We'll need to take some damage....that's the only way to weaken the Demon within Gaster."

Frisk didn't care for Sans's idea. Frisk can use the power of determination to come back just fine, but the monsters have no such ability and turn to dust. If we lose any of them, I will be easy pickings. "There's gotta be another way....right?" They whimper out.

Sans shook his head, not having any other way to weaken their foe. "We can take a few hits. I'm surprised I've survived that hit, to be honest. I rely on my dodging skills to keep me alive." He scanned his eye sockets over to where I stood and remarked, "I wonder...with the Player being here with us, their soul could be giving us a boost of Heath Points."

Both Toriel and Frisk look back at me as I could feel the presence of someone watching me. I advert my eyes over to the three that stared intensely at me as I slightly tilted my head in confusion.

Meanwhile, Undyne and Papyrus entertained the foe while the three had this brisk conversation. The two royal guards suddenly got hit with the same attack that the Demon unleashed upon Sans. The power of the void beam hit with such force that it flung Undyne and Papyrus into a heap of scrap garbage in the room. They weren't getting up after that blow, being covered shortly after by the debris.

Alphys gasps out, "Undyne!" She rushes out into the open to get to her girlfriend.

"Alphys, no! You must stay here!" Asgore calls out only to follow from behind to protect the royal scientist. Fortunately, the demon cared not for Alphys; Toriel, Frisk, and Sans were more of a threat.

The Demon lashes out, "I will win this fight!"

Free from Undyne and Papyrus's attacks, the Puppet Master displayed the void attack upon Queen Toriel, Frisk, and Sans, hitting the three and hurling them to the other end of the room. They hit the wall, causing Toriel and Frisk to be down for the count. At the same time, Sans held it together while guarding the two, who fell unconscious.

Asriel and I gasp out from the sudden change of events, having Frisk, Toriel, Undyne, and Papyrus all down and Sans barely hanging on. "Asriel, you need to go out there and help with the fight!" I cry out in frustration.

Asriel grinds his teeth, wanting to help, but I would be a standing target if he were to leave me alone. "No, I cannot leave you here alone! We must stay out of sight." He started to tear up, noticing Frisk and his mother wounded. If only he could rush over to heal them, but if we both dared to step in the middle of the battlefield, it would attract the enemy to aim at us.

Frozen in fear, I couldn't respond to his answer. His words spoke the truth. But was it the right thing to do, by letting all of our friends get repeatedly hit just for my safety?"

Witnessing his ex-wife pass out alongside Frisk, it was time for Asgore to step into the fight. He left Alphys unattended for the time being as he rushed over to Sans, sliding his way in and having his red trident appear in his hands once again, protecting Toriel and the child. "Will they be alright?" He questioned, lowering his head to catch a glimpse at the two behind them.

Keeping his firey blue eye locked onto Gaster's presence, Sans responds, "They'll both be alright as long as we win this in the end. Don't let that void attack hit you, big guy. It does some hefty damage."

"Right!" Asgore understood San's warning as he set his trident on fire like a torch.

Sans and Asgore rushed towards their target, which never moved an inch away from the door. It was as if the Demon was toying with them, waiting for their next move.

Stopping a distance away, Sans left eye socket started flicking a blue flame in and out, trying to form the Gaster Blaster. To his surprise, the Blaster obeyed and appeared beside him. "I missed ya, buddy...." Sans glanced over to the dragon skull before facing back at the Demon, unleashing the beam that cast off a white glow.

Asgore swept his trident to release his fire attack, having the fire spiral around the beam of white light. The impact lit up the whole room as the upgraded Inferno Blaster engulfed the Demon. It seemed to have hit its target while Sans redirected their combined attack to avoid the machine beside their target. But in further inspection, the Puppet Master controlling Gaster strings despawned just before the beam struck, having the power of Sans and Asgore not even graze them.

As the Inferno Blaster faded, it lessened the light in the room. Gaster was nowhere in sight while everyone franticly scanned around the room. Gaster's face pressed up against the wall; it slid through the shadows within the room while the darkness followed meekly from behind along the edge. As soon as we could figure out where the Demon would appear next, they would vanish instantly, playing their hide and seek game with us. Watching this stunt, fading in and out of existence, Sans blaster and Asgore's fire magic locked onto the target, firing continuously. Unfortunately, they only hit the wall in the end. The Demon was too quick.

A moment of silence filled the air until Gaster appeared behind Asriel and me, casting the Void Beam onto us. It happened so fast that Sans and Asgore had no time to react, turning their attention toward the sudden attack.

Asriel thought fast and transformed into his God of Hyperdeath form, leaping both of us out of the way of the blast. Too close for comfort, Asriel Dreemurr unleashed the Chaos Buster in these desperate measures, shooting the thick rainbow-colored beam at the Puppet Master. Gaster's expression was surprised, struck by the shaft of colorful light through the chest, not expecting the prince to use such a significant attack in such close quarters.

Being protected behind Asriel, I covered my ears, turning away from the sight and sound of the Chaos Buster while hearing Gaster's screech from the pain. Thinking this was the final blow to end the Demons rampage, I glance up only to have my heart sink as my eyes witness the Demon forcing Gaster to push through the rainbow beam. They used Gaster as a shield, having him take all the damage while they both inched closer to the prince and me. By still having the Chaos Buster firing upon Gaster, Asriel presented his arm out to his side and opened the palm of his hand. He summoned one of his Chaos Sabers, clenching it tightly. Using it as a shield, Dreemurr used the blade to block Gaster from coming closer.

Asgore saw the struggles his son was displaying and charged over to help. He whipped his trident in the air, cutting through the darkness and breaking Asriel's and Gaster's tension toward one another. After the trident had met with the blackness, it caused the enemy to disband.

Asriel forced me to back away with his saber in hand, waiting for the Demon that stringed Gaster along to show themselves and set fire upon us yet again. "You okay, Player?" Asriel's eyes met with mine.

My heart was pounding out of my chest, but other than that, I was unharmed. I huffed out a response looking up at the prince, "Yeah."

Asriel redirected his eyes over to his father and quickly said, "Thanks for the backup."

"You are welcome, my son." Asgore retorted.

This short conversation was enough of a distraction. It gave the Demon enough time to appear behind us, and I was the visible target, right in front. Asriel turned around, feeling a presence from behind. His first instinct was to grab hold of my shoulders and spin me around to use himself as a shield. But before the Demon could attempt to have Gaster fire on Asriel's backside, Sans came up from behind the enemy and flung them away with his levitation powers, whipping his hand to the left as he watched Gaster fly into a heap of debris. Fortunately, it wasn't the same trash heap that Undyne and Papyrus took a "break" in, seeing them still passed out while Alphys stood by watching the battle play out.

Asriel's grip on my shoulders loosened after observing Sans had stepped in just in time. Asgore, Asriel, and I stared at Sans and gave a thankful sigh of relief.

I abruptly huff out, "It's a good thing Sans is on our side!"

Seeing Gaster taking a moment to find his bearings, Sans adds to that comment, "I hate to hurt old WingDings here, but we've tried everything to weaken this creep that's controlling him."

The Demon fumed with rage as they observed within the darkness, listening to the four having their conversation. But, yet, one monster was by themselves. Alphys was shaking with fright while witnessing the scene from afar. She stayed close to the unconscious Undyne and Papyrus in the garbage, hoping they would awaken to help aid in the battle.

Without getting detected, Gaster appears before Alphys, hovering his darkening abyss over her. Her screech echoed throughout the room in terror, taking notice of the Demon ready to attack her with no hesitation. Not even Sans was fast enough to teleport to save the scientist while we all whip our heads over to the screech, watching poor Alphys about to become smothered in the Demon's void.

Hearing the cries from her girlfriend, Undyne shot her eyes open. The trash heap exploded, scattering the garbage as Undyne charged over to save Alphys. "Get away from her, you FREAK!"

She had no time to create spears as her body flung towards the enemy, punching Gaster right in the face and knocking the wind out of him as he despawned. We all stood in shock at how that punch was enough to settle Gaster and the Demon down.

"Undyne, thank g-goodness, you're alright!" Alphys cried out, almost in tears, as she went in for a hug.

"Your screech woke my lazy butt up, thanks!" Undyne picked Alphys up, cradling her in her arms. The yellow dinosaur's cheeks turned pink from blushing. Undyne leaped towards Sans and Asgore, landing with such force that she created a dent on the floor. "Hope I didn't miss much!" She set Alphys down gently.

Papyrus was next to awaken as his body sprang up and dusted off his outfit. "WOWIE, THAT WAS ENOUGH EXCITEMENT FOR ONE DAY." His voice rang out, rushing towards his friends, thinking it was all over after seeing that final blow Undyne gave their opponent.

We all rushed over to Toriel and Frisk, who also had woken up. They were beaten and bruised but survived that attack. Toriel started to heal Frisk's aches and pains while asking the group huddling around them, "Please tell me we have won this battle?"

We all witnessed the gray barrier around the machine fading in and out until it finally vanished, allowing me to venture into the door freely. Undyne shouted, "I don't think they'll mess with us after that punch...." She then pointed, "And look! The barrier's down!" Not only was the barrier down around the machine, but so was the force field blocking the exit to the room.

Alphys cheerfully remarked, "Now there's no need for your plan to come into play, Player!"

Was this too good to be true? Was the Demon that caused all this trouble really out of commission, allowing me to approach the machine? Without saying a word to the group, I force my legs to press on alone, stepping closer to the holographic door that teased me while it glitched in and out. Asriel was in protective mode, catching up behind me while the rest followed carefully behind him. He suddenly passed me up, all the while taking my right arm, gripping it tightly, and rushing me to the door. We all arrived at the machine. I took a moment to realize it was truly over. I lifted my dominant hand to grab the doorknob, ready to turn it.... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 359 34
Frisk has freed the monsters of the Underground. Finally, monster kind is allowed to return to the surface. It's been 3 years since then. Yet the mon...
10.8K 243 20
This story follows the storyline of if Ben 10 travelled the Underground with Frisk. Feel free to notify me of any errors in the story. I hope you enj...
14.5K 452 35
CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM BOTH PACIFIST AND GENOCIDE RUNS After a horrible situation, I (Y/N) scaped from home to avenge my (sibling). In a failed attem...
123 12 7
(cover draw by me. It's just a version from an inspiration I saw from another artist that I forgot their name by the way-) read this story if you lik...