๐„๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ - ๐„๐๐ฐ๐š...

By tehyayoung

๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™– ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ค๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™ค ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™—... More

act one - twilight
characters
chapter one - its a crime to be an artist
chapter three - now everyone is gonna think you're a pervert
chapter four - first impressions
chapter five - the mark
chapter six - icy conundrums
chapter seven - cracked glass
chapter eight - troubled
chapter nine - red
chapter ten - legends
chapter eleven - night terrors
chapter twelve - port angeles
chapter thirteen - dead bodies piling
chapter fourteen - you gotta stop with the spying
chapter fifteen - human nature
chapter sixteen - the meadow
chapter seventeen - bound by heaven yet signing my way to hell
chapter eighteen - i'm a vampire hunter
chapter nineteen - so my dad was batman?
chapter twenty - family meets and greets
chapter twenty one - i'm sorry it had to be like this
chapter twenty two - you're either the hunted or the hunter
chapter twenty three - you are my life now
chapter twenty four - fast and furious
chapter five - i want my damn pie
chapter six - destiny was ephemeral like that.
act two - new moon

chapter two - hello forks

481 26 3
By tehyayoung

༉‧₊˚. ✧. *. ⋆┄✧┄┄┄┄ ⋆┊┊┊┊ ➶ 𓆉。˚ ✧┊┊┊✧ ⁺    ⁺  °┊┊ .𓆟 ͎. 。˚ °  ┊┊                                    ┊┊ ➶ 。˚    ┊┊ ✧ ⁺.                          ┊┊.                      ➶-͙˚ ༘✶┊ ➶ 。˚   °*.           *    ·"

It was wet and freezing – that's all I could think about as we stepped out from the airport parking lot in Seattle in the middle of the rain, fighting to stand underneath one umbrella.

This was the first time in a long time we were forced to stand within two inches of each other, but all I could think about was getting warm, so my need to survive outweighed my personal grudges. Not only could I not feel my feet, my hair was uncomfortably damp from the perforating raindrops collecting in the air. If I didn't catch ammonia already, I gathered it would only take me thirty more minutes before my body escalated into the hypothermia phase.

With chattering teeth, I said, "I thought you said he'll be here in ten minutes."

Kimi shook aggressively beside me as she tucked her hands deep within her coat pockets and stamped her feet into the asphalt. We were the only two idiots standing in the middle of an empty parking lot without any means of transport or heat. I grimaced at the glowering clouds above us – they looked ominously shady.

"He'll be here. He's probably stuck in traffic or something." Kimi didn't sound all too relaxed about the idea of standing in the rain like a bunch of half-brained stooges by the edge of her tone. For once, we agreed on something.

"Traffic from what?" I scoffed. "It's not like anyone is stupid enough to be out here when the weather wants to kill us."

"Some people get weirded out by the rain," Kimi reasoned, "It gets slippery when you drive too."

I was about to roll my eyes, but I worried they would get stuck in the back of my head, so I dutifully refrained and pressed my chapped lips instead. "I don't understand why your brother chose to live in the most freezing ass state of all time."

"Charlie's lived here for ten years and been the chief of police for—God, I don't even know how long. Just long enough for it to make him an important part of the town," Kimi acknowledged, somewhat wistful. "I don't even remember the last time I saw him."

I looked at her sideways, "So we're basically gonna live with a complete stranger."

Kimi scowled at me, "He's not a stranger; he's my brother. It's just been awhile since we've got together and talked."

"And here I thought you were an only child," I replied dryly.

"You never asked," Kimi corrected.

"I never cared to ask," I altered with a hard smile.

Kimi rolled her eyes, tightening her scarf so that it secured around her neck, shielding her exposed skin. "Alright, if Charlie isn't here in two seconds, I'm gonna have a shit."

"Just squat down then. I won't judge," I cheekily oozed.

Kimi narrowed her eyes at me, unamused, "Hah-hah. So funny."

I merely smirked. After another two minutes, I nearly kissed the ground in relief at the sight of a police cruiser turning in from the other side of the street. And yet, another part of me thought up of all my past escapades by the blissful image of a cop car chasing after me. I always ran the other way; not toward it. Now I was thanking the Lord like it was a gift from heaven.

I snorted. I love irony.

When the cruiser finally came to a stop, the driver's car door popped open revealing a tall man in uniform stepping out. I instantly noticed his features were apparently different from Kimi's, with far-off set brown eyes and a large squirrely mustache that somehow dominated his whole face and dark disheveled brown hair that had no sense of direction. He had a far more rugged and awkward look about him compared to Kimi's usually put-together-clean and strict facade.

The tension that arose within moments became awkwardly noticeable.

Kimi proceeded to do the first thing she could think of and that was letting out a horrendously outdated and polite, "Heyyyy!" The two exchanged a one second split hug that looked more half-ass and a brief pat on the back before they immediately withdrew.

"You look, um. . .Healthy," Charlie, the man with a noticeably uncomfortable pension for subjects, cleared his throat and gave Kimi a once over as a sort of acknowledgement.

Kimi, in turn, grinned and squeezed his shoulder, "What? Look at you! You're like packing and a freakin chief?! Are you kidding me? That's seriously–that's just insane! Does dad know yet?"

"I haven't talked with Jay since the um. . .funeral," Charlie hesitantly answered.

Way to bring it from awkward to below zero awkward. Kimi paused, her lips opening and then closed. "Oh."

There was a long, stale pause. Nonetheless, I was slightly amused by the awkwardness.

"So, you must be Eloise," Charlie suddenly realized, gesturing toward the silent bystander.

I smiled curtly, extending my hand to shake his, "Hi." He took my hand with a firm grip before he shook it.

"You, um, look a lot like your mom," Charlie tried to say.

I lifted a brow, "Do I?"

Charlie tilted his head to Kimi, "You guys got the same nose."

I nearly broke out of laughter. Kimi's eyes went slightly wide and she tried to intervene, but I was quick to answer.

"That's funny, cause, uh, I don't think you can have two white parents and come out looking like this," I snickered.

Charlie froze, "You're not Kimi's daughter? I'm confused."

"She's my husband's kid. Remember. . .on the phone, I explained the whole–" Kimi began.

Charlie furrowed his brows, "Oh, right. I uh—remember. A little. Sorry, I didn't mean to—I mean—" he cleared his throat, adjourning his whole awkward former apology for, "So you're uh Rendell's kid?"

I nodded, "Yup."

"I met him once. Decent man. . ."

There was a long, stifling pause before I found I couldn't really feel my toes anymore. I was starting to lose all around feeling everywhere.

"So, are we going to get in the car or–?" I interjected before anyone else wanted to start another five minute conversation.

"Oh, right, sorry. Lemme take that for you," Charlie reached to grab both Kimi and I's suitcases and Kimi's duffel bag slung on her shoulder, fitting only the essentials, struggling to lift mine the most. Clothes, toiletries, my painting kit and all the books my dad bought me. Kimi fought to just bring all our family albums and her favorite homemade coffee mug that dad had made for her.

The ride back was just as off-beat and awkward as the initial meeting–low country music was playing idly in the background if only to dissuade the obvious lack of communication between Kimi and Charlie and soft rain pellets that shattered against the windows gave the excuse of disrepaired hearing. Nonetheless, I felt stiff in the back seat, and nearly gagged at how many trees there were. It was like nobody but the wild inhabited this place. From a decently sized urban-city zone, came the ranging greenlands of endless pine trees and logger stationeries. The amount of green-on-green hurt my eyes.

Well, lumberjacking could always be an option if all my other life plans don't pan out.

Once we got to Charlie's house, I instantly noticed the long isle of trees peeking behind an average sized white wash house with window shutters and shingled roofing. I suddenly realized just how far his house lay within the woods.

"Do you ever have bear issues?" I asked warily as we stepped out into the driveway. Charlie hauled our suitcases from his trunk before he slammed it shut and gave a good look at his house, putting two of his hands on his uniform buckle.

"Only a few times," he answered shortly and without explanation. "But I have tranquilizers in case."

My eyes practically bulged out of my head as they averted to Kimi in dire 'this is the hellhole you decided would be good for me?' She proceeded to roll her eyes at me dismissively.

"Guess you won't be sneaking out, huh?" cheeked Kimi.

"I'll show you guys where you'll be sleeping," Charlie proceeded to say, gesturing for us to follow before he went to take Kimi and I's luggage from the trunk. When he popped the hood, hauling out my suitcase and Kimi's, his hand was caught short from ever reaching her duffel bag.

"I got it. I got it," Kimi insisted, her tone slightly wavering.

Charlie gave her a questioning look, "You sure? It's pretty heavy."

Kimi offered him a short smile, "I'm sure," she grabbed the bag, lugging it on her shoulder, "thanks though."

He puts his hands up into surrender, nodding in verbatim. Kimi wore an odd expression on her face before being the first to follow Charlie inside as he grabbed our stuff and carried it in.

Huh. Weird.

The inside wasn't as spacious as the outside made it to be, but I found it quaint and simple all the same. The living room was stacked right besides the foyer, leading to the living room and his small kitchen. The upstairs, however, was not as preferred, as there was solely one bathroom and two bedrooms.

Charlie grimaced when he saw Kimi and I's facial expressions, "It's not a lot of room but–"

And it's especially not designed by someone who knows what they're designing. Outdated. Check. Smells like old people. Double check. Way too overbearingly close in rooms. Triple-double check. 

Kimi shook her head, putting up a hand, "It's okay. We'll make it work."

"I have a spare air mattress if either one of you–" Charlie began.

Kimi could see my obvious need for privacy and said stiffly, "I'll take the air mattress for tonight. It's only temporary anyways."

"You sure? Because I could take the air mattress and you could take my bedroom," Charlie offered with a slight frown.

Kimi smiled and shook her head, "Like I said, it's only temporary. I'm not gonna kick you out of your own bedroom, Charlie. I sort of put you on the spot anyways, asking for us to stay here and all, without any heads up."

He shrugged, "Well, the offer stands."

Kimi sighed, "Thanks, but I'll be fine. Eloise and I won't be staying here too long. Just for a while until I figure some things out."

I quipped a brow, "Where are we going to go then?"

Kimi shot me a hard look, "Hopefully, somewhere different and cheap. I just have to get my finances in order. Speaking of which, you guys have a hospital here right?"

I snorted, "That's a stupid question."

Charlie and Kimi ignored me and he uttered, "We do, but it's pretty small. Probably not as busy as your old work place."

Kimi shook her head, "Doesn't matter. Anywhere will be fine for now. . .Did I say how much I appreciated you for doing this?"

Charlie set his lips in a thin line–was he smiling? Or was he trying to smile? "Plenty, Kimi. So um, hey, how you guys feel about some food?"

My stomach just growled at the thought. "I could eat," I quickly said.

Kimi nodded in agreement, "Yeah, we haven't eaten anything but peanuts and stale granola bars since this morning, so that sounds really good."

Charlie's lips pulled into a slight grin, "I know a place that serves the best burgers in town."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 91.7K 59
โ ๐—ง๐—›๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—œ๐—ฆ ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ง ๐—” ๐—™๐—”๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ๐—ง๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—˜- ๐—œ๐—  ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ง ๐—” ๐—ฃ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ก๐—–๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐—ช๐—”๐—œ๐—ง๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—•๐—˜ ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—–๐—จ๐—˜๐—— ๐—•๐—ฌ ๐—ฆ๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—ฅ๐—จ๏ฟฝ...
288K 6.6K 40
"๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ก๐™š๐™›๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™„ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฎ, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™–๐™ข๐™š." OR ใ€Œ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๏ฟฝ...
120 0 14
๐ด๐‘–๐‘š๐‘™๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’(๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘) ๐‘‡๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ .... It's already finished but I'm editing it ... ๐ผ๐‘› ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘ก๐‘โ„Ž...
2.6K 78 19
๐€ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‚๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ: ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ, ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๏ฟฝ...