Her Value. ( BWWM).

By darkbeneathlight

I tried to look up at him but couldn't as fear took the best over me. Fear of me almost getting beaten up to... More

Prologue.
chapter 2.
chapter 3.
chapter 4.
chapter 5.
Characters.
chapter 6.

chapter 1.

830 35 7
By darkbeneathlight

Unedited

Theodora.

"Woww!!! It feel so good stepping foot here after a long time."

I took a deep breath feeling the air hit my skin.

Ohh!!! Such a satisfaction!!!

"Okayy Dora the explorer!!! You should better get going before Mrs. Cooper calls you and gives an earful." I chuckled to myself at the way I was speaking and got out of the airport looking for a cab.

I thought to call my brother but his phone was switched off and than a thought came to my mind that I should surprise him.

I looked for a taxi and it took me 15 minutes and right when I was about to give up a taxi driver came stopping in front of me.

The glass window rolled down and instead of a man it was a woman.

"Where should I drop you ma'am?" She asked smiling brightly and I smiled back at her.

I got inside the seat and gave her my address.

"It's very rare to see a woman driving taxi. No offense though cause I'm feeling very safe now and hope you also drop me my home safely." I grinned at her through the mirror as she did too.

"Glad you feel safe. Actually from 3 years the kidnapping of women and sex trafficking and rape cases has really scared many women to be alone by themselves. So, for that reason I applied for a job as a taxi driver." I cannot agree more than this. She was right. I've heard my mother telling me about those cases, some of them being unsolved.

It's so painful and terrible for women for not being able to be safe anywhere, you never know what and when can happen to you. That's why every woman should be bold and toughen themselves up more, So that no men can look at us or harm us in any way.

After few minutes the driver dropped me off to my address and I paid her uttering a thankyou with a smile and she left from there.

I turned around to my old looking home which can fit 4 to 5 people inside the house. Even though it's old it has so many memories of mine and now even if earthquake appears I would never leave this home.

But one thing that caught my attention was so many people gathered around my house. Dressed in black some had tears on them some looked sad.

As I opened the door and walked through it inside people turned to look at me with hurtful gazes and all I did was look at them confused and puzzled.

All of them started uttering "we are sorry for your loss." "We wish your family the best recovery." I didn't wanted to ask amy of them what happened cause I wanted to see it from my own eyes.

Feeling bizarre, I clutched on to my bag's handle more and toom a deep breath before rushing inside my house and ignoring everyone.

I heard the voices of some ladies crying there heart out and one of them was of my mother's. I searched for her and saw her on the ground crying her heart out while hitting her chest.

Right than and there my bags fell and I sprinted towards her.

"What happened momma? Why are you cry----

My steps came to an immediate halt, when I noticed the dead body laying there lifeless looking as horrific as it can be seen.

Several marks on his body, various cut making him look very miserable and vulnerable.

Chetachi!!!

" No this can't be happening, my son cannot die. He did no one wrong why does God has to take him away from me." I knelt down in front of his body, examining his face. He no longer had that naughty expression.

Not even my parents continuous trying was convincing me, that he won't just wake up and shout loudly saying it was a prank.

I stretched my shivering hands towards his body and shook it lightly.

"Wake up." I said softly feeling nothing but just thinking that he would wake up and call me some names and than we will fight and curse at each other until our parents would arrive and we will behave like we are the most loving siblings in this whole world and love each other like death.

"Wake up matchstick, it's not funny anymore!" I raised my voice a little shaking his body which was covered in clothes.

"Dora! Don't touch it it's a dead body you wi---

"What did you say?" I stood up looking for the person who uttered those disgusting words from their mouth as I was ready to rip them off in pieces.

"How dare you call my brother a dead body huh? How fucking dare you??!!" I yelled on top of my lungs feeling my face getting red and heated.

I started blabbering things out from my tongue in defense of this dead body not being my Chetachi's.

I felt my mother pulling me towards her self and calming me down but I refused to believe any of her words.

I kept saying that he wasn't and would come back anytime soon.

"Momma you don't believe these people. He's not dead I know he always loved to prank me Momma you call him tell him to come home fast I brought so many gifts for him. And throw this away, I don't care whoever's body is this I don't wanna see it disgusts me just throw it aw----

I fell on the ground feeling a hard blow on my cheek and that's when a tear dropped from my eyes.

"He's dead Theodora. Your brother is dead come to your senses." I sniffed once and looked back at my mother with tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

---------------------

I passed my mother a glass of water as all the men went to bury my brother. People around me we were awfully silent.

Everyone was here with us speaking some consoling words to momma while I kept myself as away from them as I can.

My Brother was all over my head. And I needed to know how all of this happened.

But I can't ask it in front of these people who might make something big of a matter were not any help.

He was barely 18 and could've done so many things in life. I remember him always telling me how he wants to be someone as rich as the family my father and mother used to work or maybe more richer than them.

The Agha's

That's where my father worked. He worked for those people. I don't know the position very well cause he would be out before we wake up and come after we are already on the bed.

My mother worked there partly. We actually had a shop of stationary that we ran. My mother handled the shop while my father always went out to his work.

Me and Chetachi would always help our mother out. And mostly Chetachi. He wasn't really interested in studies so he would be sitting on the shop.

Not like he had an interest in the stationary too, selling things, calculating numbers and all. It wasn't his thing but the shop was a very great escape for him to bunk his school.

But even after all of his failures, I knew my brother had so much more up to his sleeves. He was capable of something. I knew it from the bottom of my heart.

"Okay than Mrs. Cooper we should probably leave by now. May god bless your child and our blessings and support is always with you. Don't hesitate to ask for any help." Our Neighbours said as my momma exchanged some words from them and few people started disappearing slowly and gradually.

My mother looked more feared than upset and gloomy. I knew something wasn't right. My brother couldn't just die all of a sudden.

He never did drugs, he never had the courage to. Never had any enemy. I can anticipate it must have been an accident. But if it would have been an accident my mother wouldn't have been so quiet. She would have told me before. But all she is doing right now Is dodging me.

I came out of my senses when I observed my mother taking Mr. And Mrs. Johnson to the corner and talking to them.

"No one should ever know about what happened specially The Agha's. Keep the truth away from my daughter. I will feed her some lie and I hope she would never try to ask me more further. If she got to know about it she would be more devastated. She loved Chetachi more than herself. Losing her brother after Afiya left would make her feel miserable." My mother said to them in a dangerously low voice. She also handed them some money and told them to dismiss themselves.

I went back to the living room where I originally was and pretended like I never heard anything. Mr. and Mrs. johnson came standing across me.

"Take care Darling. Your mother and father needs you the most. Call us if anything happens." I gave them a tight smile while thinking if I should ask them about the talk they had with my mother. But after having money I don't think they will ever open their mouth. I have to ask my mother directly.

I saw both of them leaving our house and as they did I immediately went to my mother.

I saw her staring at a photo of mine, Chetachi's and Afiya's. The thought of my brother's death instantly vanished when I noticed her tracing Chetachi's and Afiya's photo. I quickly went towards her, snatched the photo away. I took the photo of from the frame and sprinted towards my room.

"Dora my child!! What are you doing?" I can feel her trailing behind me but I don't care.

I noticed my room being the same as I left it. Good! I hope I don't have to find something that I want knowing where I used to keep it.

"Dear, What happened? Give me the photo back." She said in her normall soft voice which she always used while talking to people or her own children.

I ignored her talking and took a scissor out.

Kept the photo right in front of my face and started cutting out Afiya's figure from the photo.

"Dora!!! Dora what are you doing? Are you out of your mind?!!!" Momma came and started taking the scissors away from me. But too late cause I already cutted her photo off and threw it somewhere we or no one can ever find it.

"Dora you are insa---

"How many times have I told you I hate that woman? I don't want anyone utter her name in front of me or even in this house." I plopped on my bed and started breathing heavily with rage.

Afiya, my eldest sister. A witch. I hate her. I hate her from the bottom of my heart. Although we are blood related, I would never ever miss a chance to express how much hatred I have for even if it's herself in front of me.

"She's your older sister Theodora. Have some respect for her. And is this how you talk with your mother? Knowing how much we are going through!! We lost our son."

"And I lost my brother Momma. I lost him too. And no, I don't have any respect for that woman who cares for no one but herself. I lost all the respect for her the day she tried to------

I stopped mid sentence when my started recalling that moment which will never fade away from my life. In such a short period of time, my sister has done so much destruction to me.

"You know what, forget it. I don't want to talk about any kind of topic which brings us negativity. Also to remind you that you still haven't told me the death reason of Chetachi." I stood up from me bed and went towards the kitchen grabbing a cold water bottle and gulping it down in one go.

"Even I don't know myself dear. I'm not hiding anything from you. I could never do that. I know how much you loved your brother." Her voice totally sugar coated like she did not just bribed a couple to not let me get to know the reason of my own brother's death.

"Enough of the drama Momma. I saw everything and heard what you said to Mr. And Mrs. Johnson. Until I'm back please find it in yourself to not hide anything from me and tell me how all this happened. I'll be back soon, don't get worry." I grabbed my phone which was kept on the living room table and my gaze went to my bags.

"Also, I brought some gifts for Chetachi---- You can find them on the orange colored bag. Place it in front of his photo please." I ran out of my home while ignoring her calls and covered my head and ears with my hoodie. Walking around my neighborhood all I was getting on the back of my head was the memories of me and Chetachi doing shit.

I chuckled thinking about him. I am so unlucky to not even see him alive one last time before he left me.

All the while I was on my flight I was muttering up the reactions he would give me after seeing me for the first time in 3 years. He would've been 19 year old.

As I was fastening my pace up to ignore all the places where I've been to with Chetachi, I came across the bakery shop I always went with him.

"Dora, are you sure mom and dad won't tell at us for doing this?" He said whispering to me as we came out of the house without making any sound and wore our shoes.

"No, They won't don't worry. Besides I'm the one who's taking you out at this hour. Cause you've been making me sick by how much you wanna eat black forest." I looked over at my purse and counted the money before shoving it back and holding Chetachi's hands tightly leading him the way to our favourite bakery shop which must be not opened now.

"It's so late at night Dora. Are you sure the shop would be open?" He asked me looking here and there nervous and I chuckled at the way he was getting scared.

"No. But the one who handles the shop at evening shift is a good friend of mine and I'm sure she will open the shop. I just have to give her a call and eat the delicious pastries." I started imagining those mouth watering looking pastries.

"Big big don't think about those pastries or you might faint now." I hit his head lightly and showed him my tongue which he gave back to me.

"Don't be so ungrateful okay. It's a one in a million chance to get out of the house at night and eat something sweet. It feels so adventurous." He agreed with me and I saw the bakeries lights on strangely.

"We are almost here now let's run." I exclaimed and we both started running towards the bakery shop.

As we got inside the bakery I saw Mia making out with someone in the counter.

When she turned around she almost screamed until I gave her a sign to keep her mouth shut and she did.

"I'm sorry we didn't know you were with someone we came here to buy some pastries." I said and she panicked as the one she was making out was a girl.

They both looked scared and I assured them that I won't tell anyone.

"Shop is about to close and I don't think we have any pastries left." She said and I looked over at the freezer which was contained of only cakes.

"Give us a cake than. And you know Chetachi's favourite flavour." I said and we got seated on the table across the window.

"Dora!!! Dora!!!! Dora!!!!!" I flinched badly when I looked over at Mia who yelling my name.

"What are you thinking so deeply about? I've been calling you from the last 5 minutes." She handed me the black forest cake and I took some candies which my brother loved eating while enjoying his feast.

"I'm sorry I was just---- Forget about it. Thankyou for the cake Mia." I said throwing a fake smile on my face which she would never figure out.

"Where is Chetachi though? Haven't seen him in a while. He always used to come here after you shifted and would buy all your favorites. Oh by the way glad that you are back in the town hope we can hang out someday." I couldn't even mask my face anymore after hearing his name. It's like people around me desperately want me to burst out and show them my weakest side.

"He---- He--- He's d-- Dead. We just had his funeral completed. And I came here to buy his favourite cake as a memory of him." I saw her keeping the scanner down and instantly getting upset by the news.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry Dora! I didn't knew--- I thought-- How? How did this happened?" She asked resting her hands on the counter table.

"It's okay you don't have to apologize. The first thing I got to see after I landed back here was his dead body. And I don't know the reason yet. But let's just forget about it." I took out my purse and took my credit card out.

"I will definitely love to hang out with you and Ciara someday. And your payment." I said passing her the credit card but she refused to take it.

"We are not together anymore, so it will be only me and you. And no need to pay it's on me. Please take care, call me if you need any help I'm always there for you Dora." She passed mea very heart warming smile which I couldn't resist to return her back. I thanked her and got out of the bakery shop instantly not being able to stand there any second longer.

I didn't wanted to go to my home straight. So, I let the air bring me wherever it wants to cause All I needed right now was to be with myself. Away from people who always say they are with you, lying right through their tooth and after seconds pretend like nothing happened.

Chetachi was the only true friend I had in the guise of a brother. He knew I was always lonely. Didn't had much friends to share my thoughts with. Always captured on those pages full of sentences and alphabets and flipping then over again and again.

Yes!!! I was a nerd!!

And also the girl who was always in the back or on the corner of the class. My existence was not so much important until I would be in my home and have my all time company. Chetachi.

Introvert would be the best word to describe me. Not with the ones whom I was closest to. I always choose the people I wanna be closer to. And one of them was Chetachi.

Just like how I would help him on his studies, he would help me to be more social.

Make friends, Be free and don't give a two shits about anyone else's opinion. He was my confidence booster. He was the one who made me believe that I could live all by myself in New Zealand. Without my parents, without him and without anybody's help.

I halted on my steps when I heard someone crying hysterically.

I looked at my surrounding and realised it wasn't familiar. I am lost. But it won't be hard for me to reach my house real quick.

I turned around to leave but the crying I heard earlier was getting louder and now I was getting worried.

I started searching for the voice until I spotted a very tiny figure laid on the ground by her stomach and crying our for her father while the people kept ignoring her and kept walking over her.

I quickly ran towards her direction and picked her up instantly and wiped her tears with my hands patting her back while she threw her hands at me neck and cried more harder.

"It's okay. It's okay baby don't cry. Everything's fine." I took a look at her as she rubbed her eyes hiccuping every single second.

"Baba!!! ( Dad!!)" She cried on top of her lungs and started panicking how to make her stop.

"W--Wat--water." She hiccuped and I was almost not able to understand what she said until she started repeating it for me.

I searched for a shop and went there immediately holding her in my arms tight rocking her back every now and then.

I bought two to three water bottles and made her drink it while placing her in a park bench.

"Is this enough baby? Do you want some more water?" She nodded her head and I took another bottle and made her slowly drink it. I softly told her to drink her slowly and she obeyed.

After a few seconds she was done, I took some water and washed her face which had tears stains and wiped it with my handkerchief.

"Are you okay baby?" I asked her in a very low voice and she nodded with her pouty lips.

"Will you kidpan me?" I chuckled lightly at her sentence and patted her head.

"No baby. I will not kidnap you. And it's not kidpan, It's kidnap. Say after me----- Kid---"

"---Kid." She repeated and I continued.

"Nap."

"- N-- Nap."

"Now together. Kidnap." I said in a slow pace and waited for her response.

"Kidnap." I clapped as she said the word correctly with her cute baby voice. I saw her breathtaking smile and noticed such a beauty she was even in such a young age.

She had light brown shoulder length hair and her eyes were light green. She had some freckles on her cheeks which enhanced her white skin more. And the heart shaped red lips were cherry on top.

"Very good. You are a very smart girl......" I stopped midway when I remembered I don't know her name.

"What's your name baby?" I asked her fixing her hair properly.

"My baba told me to not say your name to slanger(stranger)." She said and hung her head low.

"Than how will I help you to go back to your home to your parents. You will have to tell me your name."

"Okay then you tell me your name fis (first) and than I will tell you my name." I nodded my head and opened my mouth to tell her my name.

"Okay. Hello. My name is Theodora but you can call me Dora." I stretched my hand towards her for a handshake and she extended her tiny little hands and rested it on mine moving it up and down.

"Dora from Dora the explubble (explorer)?" I giggled at her remark and nodded my head teaching her how to spell explorer afterwards as she catches it quickly.

"Now tell me your name." I said and she smiled widely at me.

"My name is Ecrin." She said stretching her hands and I accepted it.

"What does Ecrin means baby?" I asked her.

"It means Gift of God." My eyes widened and I grinned widely at her.

"You know my name Theodora also means Gift of God." As I said that she started laughing loudly while clapping her hands in an adorable way.

I heard someone's stomach growling and Ecrin hide her stomach covering her mouth.

"Are you hungry?" I asked and she nodded.

I took out the box of cake and opened it.

"I have a cake it's delicious. You should eat it." I said and handed her the spoon but she did not take it. I asked her why and she gave me her response.

"I don't know how to eat with a spoon. In my home my Anne(Mother) Or Baba would make me eat." She said looking sad and afraid.

"It's okay. I will feed you now okay. Now eat quickly and than we will find your parents okay Baby."

---------------------------

We came back to the spot where I found her and just than a Man came taking her away from my arms.

"Who are you, You bitch? And how dare you kidnap her?" I started raging at the way he talked to me and used bad words in front of thus innocent kid.

"Oh hello you Mr. Irresponsible fellow. I was not kidnapping her. I was finding her parents cause I found her hear laid in this ground in between these people. And do not try to blame me for your irresponsibility. How can you be so careless leaving a small child----

I was interrupt by his phone call as he picked it up and answered the latter on the line.

"Yes Sir I found her. She's safe and unharmed. On my way sir." He said and slided his phone inside the pocket turning around and leaving from there without giving me any reply.

"Excuse me. Where do you think you are taking the baby without my permission?" I said snatched her away from his bulky arms as she looked uncomfortable in his presence.

"Look Miss, Our boss is worried sick for her. Now that I found her I will take her back home. And here your money." He said putting some money on my hands and trying to take the baby back.

I threw the money somewhere and yanked his hands away from her protecting her with my arms as she wrapped her hands around my neck and hugged me tightly.

"How do I know that you are taking her back to her house? What if you are some evil kidnapper who sells innocent children from one country to another country?" I exclaimed as he looked at me with his widened eyes and tried to say something.

"I don't wanna hear you. I'm taking the baby to my house and will not give her until her real parents come." He sighed heavily and looked annoyed at my remark.

"You know what. I'll take you to boss and than you will know I'm not a kidnapper." He said irritated and turned around going somewhere as I followed him to his expensive looking car.

-----------------------

"Are your parents very rich baby?" I asked her with a verg low voice as she nodded her head sucking the candies.

"My Baba buys me so many gifts. I will tell him to buy a cute looking doll for you too Dora." I smiled and gave her a light peck at the side of her forehead as she smiled while having her candies in her mouth and wrapped her arms around my neck again.

"But you know baby. I don't need a doll cause I already have doll and she's very beautiful and the prettiest." I said with a light baby voice as I was walking through this huge mansion where that man was taking me but me and Ecrin were busy talking with each other.

Ecrin asked me about the doll saying that she wants to see her too.

"You can't see her. Cause it's you baby. You are very beautiful and pretty." I said and her eyes got smaller as she giggled through her mouth while softly hitting on my chubby arms which was having a warm thick coat.

"Do you like this candies should I give you some more?" She nodded her head excitedly and I took some candies out from my pocket unwrapping it.

"Make sure to not eat too much candies okay baby. It's not good for your teeth." I said as she opened her mouth for the candies.

"Ecrin!!!!" I looked up at my front to see the person and to be very honest, being shocked was an understatement cause I was astonished.

End of chapter 1.

New chapters loading soon so please be patient.

Give this book the amount of love tou gave to I hate you. I know it can not reach up to the level of I hate you cause that was my first story and for me it was the most emotional book out of all the books I wrote.

I hope I reach your expectations.

Please.

Vote ✌️.

Comment 😍.

And add to your reading lists ❤️.

Bye 😎.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.3K 11
" I am pregnant," I said timidly caressing my flat belly hoping that he will be happy hearing the news. After all, he is going to be a father. He sai...
5.9M 185K 35
"Let me put this very clear to you, because it looks like you're not fully understanding. I paid for you to be my wife, meaning as my wife you'll do...
101K 2.5K 29
✧𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 '𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧'✧ (18+)(; -Book #1 of the (Psycho series) ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• "Fuck," Soren whi...
405K 9K 26
Warning!: there may be some scenes of sexual activity along with trigger scenes like self harm or rape. There will also be very violent scenes. You h...