Red Strings Entanglement

By axzery_moon

Jewelry Grace Smith has two goals in life: finish college and find her dad. Her mother and brothers do not su... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53

CHAPTER 24

18 2 0
By axzery_moon

"Good morning, Jewel."I turned around and saw the boys smiling at me.

"Hey."I greeted them and turned around again to finish my cooking.

"What are you cooking?"Rigel asked and walked to my side to see what I was cooking.

"Adobo."I said happily and I heard him whistled.

Suddenly, Kaizer appeared at the corner and was about to dip his finger at the food and taste it but I was fast enough and slap his hand with a spatula.

He cursed and sucked his finger because of the pain and I heard the laughter of the others.

"Language!"I hissed.

I grab a spoon and tasted the food and I nodded when it was already cooked. I turned off the stove and put the food at a plate.I then put it at the table and was about to get the plates when August stopped me.

"Let me help you."he said and I nodded.

The two other boys also lend a hand and I agreed. When we were done setting up the table, the girls started heading down.

"Good morning."they greeted.

"Babe!"

"Sweetheart."

"Love."

The boys started running towards them and I was left alone at the corner. Wow, I really feel single here.

"Third wheel, here!Let's eat. The food is not gonna crawl to your mouth."I jokingly said and they all laughed at me.

"Wag kang mag-alala. Magkikita din kayo ni Jace pagkatapos ng shift mo."Amber smirked and I glared at her.

"You already started the research?"Kaizer asked while his eyes widened.

"Yes, and we're almost done."I smirkee in victory as their mouths agape.

"Sana all."

When we were done eating, Kaizer volunteered in washing the dishes and Rigel and August was left to clean the table. I was about to stopped them but they were persistent so I let them.

I checked myself on the mirror one last time. I was wearing a white shirt and black skinny jeans and white shoes.

I came down and saw the girls preparing their work at the living room. Seems like they would be working all day in the living room.

"I better go."I said and they all gazed at me.

"Bye Jewel."the boys said and I smiled at them.

"Ingat."Sapphire said and hugged me and I hugged her back. She let go and then Natasha came foward.

"Tell Ma'am Janice I say hi."She said and kissed my cheeks.She backed away and Amber replace her.

"Be safe."She said and hugged me and I hugged her back.

I smiled at them and opened the door and started walking towards the cafe. After a few minutes of walking, I was now at the cafe.

I head inside and I was shocked to see many costumers at the cafe. I immediately went inside the employees room and started wearing my uniform.

"Hey Jewel."Aki greeted me as she entered the room.

"Hey Aki."I greeted and smiled at her.

"Wooh!Ang daming costumers!"she said and grab a towel and wipe her sweat.

"Oo nga. Kanina pa sila madami?"I asked, curiously.

"Yes, as I and Yale got here. There was already a line and the cafe wasn't opened yet. Nagmamadali namin binukas ni Yale ang cafe. Madami din tinawagan si Ma'am Janice na mga enployees na walang shift ngayon upang matulungan kami."She said as she changed her uniform into her clothes."Nasan sila Amber?"

"Sa susunod gabi pa duty nila."I said and she nodded.

"Ahh. Pero kung dadami pa sa ilang oras ang mga costumers ay siguro tatawagan iyan ni ma'am janice."

"Maybe."I shrugged.

"Ikaw ba papalit kay Yale sa counter?"she asked.

"Yup."

"Ahh sige. Mabuti pa dahil halatang pagod na iyon doon."she said and grab her bag and locked her locker."Alis na ako, Jewel."

"Sure."I smiled at her and she waved at me before opening the door and left. I sighed and locked my locker.

'Seems like I'm gonna be busy today.'

I exit the room and go to the counter. Yale was looking exhausted and sweating when I saw him. Nang makita niya ako ay napabuntong hininga ito.

"Ako na diyan." he nodded.

"Thanks Jewel."He said and patted my back before leaving the counter.

I gazed at the counter and my eyes widened of how long the line was. I smiled at them and started working.

"Good morning, ma'am.What do you want to order?"I asked the woman.

"A slice of red velvet cake and a frappucino."she said with a smile.

"Okay, anything else ma'am?"

"No, that's all."

"Okay, a slice of red velvet cake and a frappucino."I said and she nodded."Dine in or take out?"

"Dine in."

"That would be 250 pesos, ma'am."I said and she grabbed her wallet and took some cash.

"Here."She said and handed me the money. I immediately put the money and started getting some change but she stopped me."Keep the change."She said and winked before going to her table.

After that, I entertained another costumer and another and another, until I got tired. I was feeling tired but I still kept trying. I have to remember that I'm doing this for my dad.

I sighed as I finish handling another costumer. I was sweating and I didn't bring any towel. I cursed in my mind.

Suddenly a towel appeared at my face. I looked at my front and smiled when I saw Carter.

"Here, some lemonade."He said and I smiled at him before accepting it.

"Thanks."

"I better change and start working. You looked really stressed."he said teasingly and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't ask."

"I wasn't even gonna. I already figure it out by the whole circle of costumers."he said and winked at me, before entering the room.

Flirt!

I rolled my eyes and drank the lemonade, and I stopped when I heard a cough and I realize that I still have lots of costumers waiting for me.

I glance at the costumer and smiled but was shocked to see Jace infront of me in a cold face. It suddenly brought shivers into my spine and some kind of trance that my mind went back to  the dance we shared and a melody I started hearing in my ears. I pinch myself so that I would end the trance. D*mn it, Jewel. Not again.

"I would like to order."he said and I nodded.

"Good morning, sir. What would you like-"

"Toi."

My brows furrowed. What kind of order is that? I check at the menu and there wasn't any drink that is named as 'toi'. "Pardon?" Maybe, I heard it wrong.

"2 cappuccino, 2 caramel cakes, and a pancake with whip cream and a strawberry." I blinked my eyes from what I heard. I thought it was just one? Good thing I remembered all of it and immediately listed it down. I took a quick peak of him and he looks bored as usual.

He fixed his glasses and crossed his arms and I find it a bit hot!D*amn!What's wrong with me?!

"Wow, that's a whole lot of order!Are you that hungry?"My eyes widen of what I said.Dang!Why did I say that?!

Curse my f*cking mouth!

"Do you ask your costumers those questions?"his right eyebrow rose and he had this smirk at his face. F*cking smirk again.

Apparently no.

"No. But still-"

"Am I a special costumer?"he said and came closer at my face. And I tell you, one wrong move and I might accidentally kissed this idiot. Accidentally I tell you. Not that I would like to kiss him.

"Pardon?"I asked and backed away.

"Because you ask me those things, seems like I'm special."he smiked.

"Shut up."I said and put my hand at his face to push him away from me.

He chuckled and opened my hand before putting the money at my hand and closed it before kissing my knuckles and push it back to me.

"Keep the change."He winked and started walking to a nearby empty table.

"Show off!"I said under my breathe.

I looked at the next costumer and smiled genuinely at her.

"Was that your boyfriend?"she asked that made me startled.

"Eh?No, ma'am."I said and chuckled."We're just friends."

"A shame."she said and pouted. She looks like in her early 40s or still a bit younger but either way she looks great."That man should confess his feelings for you, before its too late."She said while looking at Jace, who was waiting for his order and tapping his foot seeming impatient but kept calm and was looking outside. "As to you too, my dear."she said that made me looked at her again.

"I don't like him that way, ma'am."I said camly but was feeling a bit sweaty in my hands.

"Oh, I see. Still, indenial of your feelings?"She smirked at me and I shook my head.

"I assure you, ma'am. There's nothing going on between us."I assured her, but there was a bit of a doubt in my voice.

"Time will tell."She said and gazed at her watch. She looked at me and smiled."I would like an americano and a redvelvet cake, my dear."

"Sure, ma'am."I smiled at her, before placing her orders.

"Toi."she suddenly said. My brows furrowed as I gazed at her. A smile lingered on her lips.

"Pardon?"I asked her. What the f*ck does toi mean that two people spoke of it?!

"It means you."My eyes widen.

When I was done with my work, I was needed to be an assistant to orders because there were still lots of costumers that haven't had their order yet, and they were beginning to get impatient.And one of them was Jace and I was the one handing him his orders.

While I was walking towards his table, my brows furrowed when I didn't saw him. Nasan na ba ang lalaking iyon? Did he attend his personal needs? The last time I look at this table, before getting the orders, he was here. Now where could he have gone now?!

"He's on the manager's office."Carter said as he suddenly appeared beside me. I was starting to put Jace's orders on the table and he lent a helping hand.

"Huh? Bakit?"

"Apparently talking to his mother."My eyes widen. Miss Janice is Jace's mother? I'm having a hard time grasping that. It's hard to think that his mom is so kind while he acts like a bastard.

"Mother?"

"Miss Janice is Jace's mother. Don't tell me, you didn't know?"Carter asked.

"I know."I said and looked away. "It's just...my mind is elsewhere." Carter's hand then came to my shoulders and my gaze went back to him. He was looking at me, worriedly.

"I think kailangan mo na magpahinga."

"You're right."I smiled at him. I gaze at the food and sighed. Ang dami nang kanyang inorder halatang nagugutom ito or...may kasama siya. Dalawang kape ang meron eh. Something growled inside my stomach like a wolf trying to break free. I clenched my hands. " Puntahan ko muna ang costumer natin. I don't want the food to go cold."

"O baka nag-alala ka lang sa kanya kasi hindi pa siya kumain."Carter teased and I rolled my eyes at him. He's starting to sound like the girls.

"Whatever, Carter. Say what you want to believe."I smiled at him, sarcastically, before going to the manager's office. I knock in the door and someone uttered 'come in' inside. I opened the door and entered  the room, before closing the door. Jace and Miss Janice were already looking at me when I turned around. Nakangiti sa akin si Miss Janice habang si Jace naman ay walang ekspresyon sa mukha.

"Good morning po, miss Janice."I bowed my head and walk towards her. Ramdam ko ang pagtingin ni Jace sa akin.

"Good morning, Jewel."

"My order. You're here, because of it, right?"Jace asked. I didn't answer him and turn my gaze to Miss Janice. I can feel the heat of Jace's stare at the back of my head as I walk towards her.

"Your shift is already over, miss Smith, right?"

"Opo."

"Samahan mo na lang kumain ang anak ko."she said. "Here's your pay."she  handed me the check which I happily accepted.

"Thank you po."I bowed at her and suddenly I felt the sound of the chair moving and feel the weigh of Jace's presence behind me.

"Come, Jewel."Jace said and we walk towards the door. I saw how Miss Janice's expression changed to sadness. Jace only nodded to his mother before opening the door and motioned me to go out which I did and he followed. My brows furrowed from how he act to his mother. His jaws hardened as we walk towards the table. Ano kaya nangyari sa kanila at bakit ganyan sila maka-asta?

"Join me."sabi ni Jace nang makadating na kami sa table niya. I glance at the 2 cappuccinos and it made my blood gurgle.

"Huwag na. Baka dadating na ang kasama mo."I said and was about to walk away from him, but Jace held my hand. His brows furrowed as he read me then it turned to amusement as his smirk formed in his lips. Mabilis ko inalis ang kamay niya sa akin na hinayaan niya naman.

"Are you jealous?" Tinignan ko siya ng masama.

"Jealous your a*s."

It made him grin. "Careful. Jealousy is not a very attractive trait, miss."

"Hindi ako nagseselos."inis kong sabi sa kanya.

"Then sit."he said and pointed at the seat across from him. Tinignan ko ito. "Ikaw ang hinihintay kong kasama."he said and I tried to read him if he was lying, but he certainly would not do that. I know him too well. It made me infuriated as I did what he told me. Dapat nga nag-walk out ako.

As we ate our food in silence, I decided to ask.

"Miss Janice is your mother?"I asked him as I sip on my drink. It was quite delicious even if we left it for some time.

"Yes."

"Bakit ganon ang reaksyon mo kahapon?"His brows furrowed by my question.

"What do you mean?"

"You were silent when I told the name of the cafe."I said and his face remained neutral. He sipped on his drink like he wasn't bothered by my observation. "Hindi kayo close?"

"No."he answered. "As I have told you, I prefer the company of my uncle and grandfather than them."

"Kahit sa kapatid mo?"I asked him. I felt a weird jump form in my stomach. I symphatize for them. It's not very nice to have a broken relationship to your family. Iyong sa akin ay umalis talaga. While Jace has them, but still feel their absence. Mahirap isipin na kayang gawin iyan ni Ma'am Janice. It's way out of her character. After all, I don't know her. I just saw a part of her that she made me see.

We all have that and we have different perceptions of people. If others think that she is kind, some will oppose the idea.

"Kahit sa kanya."Jace said. "Do you want to know why?"he asked me and he sounded like he's having a hard time to say that. It's no question that he's ready to open up. I shake my head with a smile on my face. Another part that I saw on Jace that some he would let it see. And I was a part of it.

"It's not my business to know."

I wouldn't force him to say everything to me.

"I.."I saw how his eyes widened. He coughed and shook his head. "Nevermind."

After we finish eating, I told Jace that I would change my clothes and he agreed. After I was done changing, we headed out and prepared to leave. When we arrive at his car, he opened the shot gun seat and I entered and he locked the door, before going to his. I put my seat belt on as he entered the car. He checked me first, before swiftly driving off.

I was beginning to get drowsy and fell asleep on the way to his condo. I felt a light tap at my shoulders and I groaned before slowly opening my eyes and I saw Jace infront of me and close to my face. I blinked and realize that we were now at the parking area of his condo.

"Are you tired?"he asked and I yawned.

"A little bit."I admitted. I get out of the car and started walking, but I suddenly became wobbly. I heard him sighed and walked towards me, before he swiftly carried me into his arms.

"I can walk by myself."I said as my hands were holding at his nape.

"You can't even walk properly."

I was looking at his face in side view and I was amazed of how perfect and sharp his jaw are and how his hair was a bit messy because of earlier and his glasses that reflect his beautiful eyes. I wonder how he would like without them, they say that people look different without their glasses. And yes, I'm pertaining to Superman.

We entered the elevator and Jace still didn't put me down. "I'm sure you're tired, you can put me down."

"You're light as a feather, I can handle it."he said and smirkwd down at me and I glared at him.

"I can't even argue with you."I said and I heard him chuckle.

When the elevator opened, he walked a couple bit steps and stopped. He put me down and reach for his keys at his pocket and opened the door. I was about to enter but he suddenly scooped me up at his arms again and ise his feet to locked the door.

I rolled my eyes."I'm starting to think you like carrying me."

"Very entertaining."he smirked and put me down at the sofa.

He kneeled infront of me and took my shoes and I moaned. I feel so much better getting it out.He looked a bit flustered of what I did and coughed. He stood up and asked."are you hungry?"

"I just ate."I laughed.

"I'm asking you if you're still hungry and wants to eat."he said in a serious tone.

"No, I'm fine."

"You should sleep."he pointed out."You look tired."

"No I'm fine. Let's finish this, first."I said and opened the portfolio I left yesterday and switched on his laptop. I heard him sighed and sat at my side and we started doing our project again. While I was reading the portfolio, I suddenly dozed off.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a bedroom and I'm pretty sure this is not mine. The interior designs were nice. Brown borders and white walls and black furnitures. The bed was king size and white and was very soft that you would forever want to sleep at.

I heard the door opened and saw Jace entering and his eyes widen when he saw me awake. He was also holding a glass of water."You're awake."he said and approach me and handed me the water.

"Sorry, I dozed off. What time is it?"I asked him.

"1:00p.m."He answered and my eyes widen.

"Oh, sh*t!The project-"

"Already done."He said and smiled.

"But I didnt help."

"Well, you actually did with you're protfolio. Very helpful. I must say I'm impressed of what you wrote."he said that made me slightly blushed..did he just compliment me? Who cares if he compliments you?!

I care.

Suddenly.

"Thanks."I said and looked away."Uhm..why am I in your room?"

"To make yourself comfortable. You were squirming while you were in your sleep."

"Oh."

"I already prepared lunch. Do you want some?"he asked.

"Sure."I said and stood up and followed him out of his room.

When we arrive at the kitchen, I was beginning to get hungry when I smelled the food. My mouth watered when I saw lasagna!

"Woah. You cook this?"I giddily asked as I sat at the chair.

"Yeah. Do you like it?"he asked and I nodded.

We began to eat and after we were done eating, I told Jace that we would clean the living room because of the mess we made, but he already did finish cleaning. I was not surprised. Halata naman sa kanya na gusto niya palaging linis ang mga gamit niya kahit pa bahay nito.

As I sat at the sofa of his living room, my head leaned a bit when I saw a board game. Not just an ordinary board game, but my favorite board game.

Chess.

"You play?"Jace asked as he return from the kitchen after washing the dishes. His hair was a bit wet too and messy.  Hindi ko man lang napansin na nakabalik na siya at namalayan ang ekspresyon ko habang nakatingin sa laroan.

"Yeah."I said and Jace walk towards me and open the chess. He put it on the table and we started assembling the chess pieces. After that, we started playing. I already know that Jace was good, but I did not expect him to be that good. But still I won the game. I smirked at him when I made a checkmate to his king.

I saw how his eyes widen in amazement not anger or jealousy, just pure astonishment. He then smiled at me. I felt my heart beat made a fast rhythm. What are you doing to me, Jace?! Kahit ngiti, apektado ako sayo.

"Wow. You're so good."he complimented."This is the first time I have been defeated."

"Well, I have to admit that you are very hard to beat."I grinned. Then, I suddenly remembered my brothers and the smiles and laughter that form in the room whenever we play. "This is our favorite game. Me and my brothers."

"Let me guess. You always defeat them?"he asked and I chuckled.

"It took a long time, but I did."A smile lingered on my lips as I watch the chess pieces infront of me. Hindi ko mapigilan na maalala ang mga kapatid ko na nandon sa America.

"You miss them."Jace pointed out as his gaze lingered on me.

I snorted. "Even if they are a pain in the a*s."

"Rematch?"He smirked.

"Alright."I smirked at him. "Don't cry if you get defeated, Montezalde."

"I'll say the same thing to you, Smith."

We did a rematch and you can already know who won the game. After we played, we decided that I should go home since it's getting late. As we rode in his car, we were silent but in a good silent like we just feel each other's presence and that was alright.

As the car stop infront of my house, I turn my gaze to Jace who was now gazing at me.

"I enjoyed the time we spent. I hate to admit."

"I do, too."he replied. "Jewel."My brows arched as he called my name. Kahit hindi pa niya sinabi ang tanong niya ay alam ko na ito kaya ako ang nagsabi.

"Should we be friends?"

"Should we?" He return the question. We both know that something we feel are not close to being friends and its kind of complicated. I don't think we could handle the 'just'.

"I'll see you at school."Iyon lang ang sinabi ko bago binuksan ang pinto at lumabas sa kanyang kotse. I couldn't look at his deep brown eyes that would pull me towards him and I wouldn't stop myself from falling into his pit.

Nang makalabas na ako sa sasakyan ay nagsalita siya."Be safe."I heard him say and it made me smile. Tumakbo ako papunta sa bahay at nang makalapit na ako sa pinto ay narinig ko ang pag-busena niya ng sasakyan at pag-alis niya.

And then, I broke up with a huge smile at my face. 'Why the f*ck is this happening to me?'

Be safe...? Nakangiti ako nang dahil lang sa kanyang sinabi? I must be insane!

Nakangiti padin ako habang papasok sa bahay, pero pagtingin ko sa harap ay nakita ko si Kaizer at Amber nagma-make out sa couch!

Mukhang hindi nga nila alam na may nakatingin sa kanila, dahil busy pa din sila sa paghahalik. Mukha na nga kinain ni Amber si Kaizer sa paghalik niya!

'D*mn!My innocence!'

"Oh!What the f*ck are you two doing?!"I shouted and thet looked towards the door and was shocked to see me. Biglang sumigaw si Amber at Kaizer naman ay tumawa lang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 637 56
Home Series #1 A Runaway teen story. Althea Leigh, a teenage girl, ran away from home after finding the devastating truth. Being played by destiny...
4.3M 246K 64
She may be beautiful, but she is aware that she's quite the airhead and is pretty dense. As such, Vivi masks her weaknesses behind a snobby and haugh...
1.2M 44.7K 92
[π™Άπš‡π™Ά] [π™Ώπšπ™Ύπ™΅πš‡πš‚πšƒπš„π™³π™΄π™½πšƒ] Will you pursue your feelings towards her if she's your professor and your best friend's sister? What if she lik...
Painting the Sky By chis

General Fiction

2.2K 190 37
Fragile Series #1 Medals. Trophies. Grades. Ranking. Be a Leader. Brave. Confidence. That's where her world revolves but not anymore where Mira met I...