epiphany - lydia martin [book...

By scorpioid

in which scott mccall has a twin sister and lydia martin finally gets the love story she deserves. [lydia m... More

chapter one. perspective
chapter two. full moon
chapter three. murderous
chapter four. kick in the balls
chapter five. questions
chapter seven. crush
chapter eight. note to self
chapter nine. confessions pt. 2
chapter ten. heart monitor
chapter eleven. teen wolf
chapter twelve. on the run
chapter thirteen. rescued
chapter fourteen. what?
chapter fifteen. gemini
chapter sixteen. jealousy, jealousy
chapter seventeen. alpha
chapter eighteen. miscommunication?
chapter nineteen. hail mary
chapter twenty. the bite
chapter twenty-one. surprise, motherfucker
chapter twenty-two. what the hell is she?
chapter twenty-three. the turn
chapter twenty-four. search party
chapter twenty-five. bad liar
chapter twenty-six. things still left to say
chapter twenty-seven. fears
chapter twenty-eight. lost
chapter twenty-nine. abomination
chapter thirty. faith
chapter thirty-one. revelations
chapter thirty-two. break up
chapter thirty-three. detention
chapter thirty-four. inconclusive
chapter thirty-five. rave
chapter thirty-six. make up
chapter thirty-seven. who controls the kanima?
chapter thirty-eight. backstabber
chapter thirty-nine. the truth
chapter forty. chess
chapter forty-one. clarity

chapter six. 678-999-8212

4.5K 151 13
By scorpioid

Stiles stopped his Jeep at the outside of the bus loop gate at the high school. It was the middle of the night so we were basically breaking into the school. Honestly, it wasn't that hard. There was like nobody on this side of the school at night. You would think there would be extra security here considering the whole thing with the bloody school bus that happened.

I watched as Stiles and Scott walked up to the fence, Scott shaking his head as Stiles started to climb it. "Hey, no, just me. Someone needs to keep watch." I heard Scott say as I rolled down the window in the back seat.

Stiles glanced back at me as I sat in the car, waving my fingers at him tauntingly. "Devin's in the car, and how come I'm always the guy keeping watch?"

"Because there's only two of us! You know Devin's not gonna pay attention!"

"Okay, why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time!" Stiles complained.

"Nobody's Batman or Robin any of the time!"

Stiles blinked in confusion, "Not even some of the time?"

"Just stay here." Scott demanded.

"Oh, my God!" Stiles groaned as he flailed his arms, walking back to the car. He sat in the driver's seat, shutting the door behind him as he sighed.

"Welcome back." I greeted. Stiles rolled his eyes as he leaned his head against his hand, watching Scott walk into the bus. "So what the hell is he doing again?" I questioned. I didn't really get this plan. I just came along for the ride because I didn't want to miss anything. And it also kind of stressed me out knowing that stuff was happening without me.

"Derek told him to just go back to the bus and he would start to remember. That all his senses would remember for him."

I blinked, "That's actually pretty cool."

"I know, he's becoming cooler than me and I'm starting to hate it." Stiles expressed half-jokingly.

"Becoming?" I repeated, my eyebrows stitched together as I tried to hold back the smile on my face. I knew he was joking but it was just funny to hear him say it.

"Oh, shut up." He whined.

My eyes darted towards the bus when I saw a bright flashlight start to shine over the bus. "Stiles!" I said in panic as I slapped his arm repeatedly. Stiles' eyes widened before he started to honk his horn. We watched as Scott started to run out of the bus, doing an entire somersault over the gate from the top of a car that was parked on the other side. "Start the car!" I exclaimed as Scott jumped into the passenger seat.

"Go! Go! Go!" Scott yelled as Stiles reversed swiftly before speeding off.

"Did it work? Did you remember?" Stiles questioned.

Scott squinted in thought as he held onto the handle at the top of the ceiling, "Yeah, I was there last night. And the blood - a lot of it was mine."

"So you did attack him?" I asked in confusion.

"No. I saw glowing eyes in the bus, but they weren't mine. It was Derek."

"What about the driver?" Stiles wondered.

"I think I was actually trying to protect him."

I furrowed my brows, "Wait, why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?"

"That's what I don't get."

"It's got to be a pack thing. Like an initiation. You do the kill together." Stiles proposed.

Scott quirked an eyebrow, "Because ripping someone's throat out is a real bonding experience?"

"You say that but it actually sounds plausible." I admitted.

"Yeah, but you didn't do it, which means you're not killer." Stiles said, his voice indicating relief. "And it also means that -"

"I can go out with Allison." Scott smiled.

Stiles frowned, "I was gonna say it means you won't kill us..."

Scott smirked, "Oh, yeah. That too."

>

"Mmm, pass." Lydia said, critiquing nearly every piece of clothing in Allison's closet. I mean, honestly I didn't blame her. I haven't seen Allison wear any of these shirts in her closet but frankly I hope I never have to. They all just had way too much designs and stuff going on. "Let me see." Allison showed her another possible option. "Pass. Uh, pass on all of it. Allison, respect for your taste is, uh, dwindling by the second." Lydia said, twirling a strand of Allison's hair. I laid on my stomach, kicking my feet in the air as I watched the two of them converse. It was the night of the triple date. I was honestly looking forward to it. I loved bowling. I just hated that I was gonna spend an entire evening with Jackson.

"This." Lydia suggested, taking out a black shortsleeved shirt. She turned to show me the front. "What do you think, Devin?"

I rose my eyebrows, surprised that she asked for my opinion. I didn't really think she would value my opinion on fashion. As for the shirt, it had a certain design on it, I think it was like a bedazzled butterfly. It wasn't my favorite but clearly Lydia liked it. "It's... not really my style." I admitted.

Lydia chuckled, "Obviously. I meant for Allison."

I nodded, swallowing thickly, "Right, yeah. I think it'd look really nice on her." I replied. Lydia smiled, handing the shirt to Allison. My eyes lingered on the strawberry-blonde before I looked over to Allison, the brunette smiling at me appreciatively before she looked down at the shirt.

I didn't know what was going on with me.

It felt like I was unable to keep my eyes off of Lydia. Like anytime I was in a room with her, my eyes just kept going back to her instinctively. We had met eyes like 5 times in the last two minutes because I kept looking at her and kept looking away. I couldn't hold her gaze. And whenever our eyes met, I would be overcome with what felt like nervousness. Maybe it was just because I still wasn't used to being around her, we just became friends, right?

Suddenly, Allison's room door opened and we were met with her dad putting on his jacket as he walked inside. "Dad... hello?" Allison smiled, waiting for him to acknowledge us.

Mr. Argent squinted, "Right. I'm sorry. I completely forgot to knock."

"Hi, Mr. Argent." Lydia smiled as she flopped onto the bed next to me. Her leg brushed against mine, causing my heart to speed up in surprise. She didn't move it away and I was trying so hard to act like I didn't notice.

"Dad, do you need something?" Allison asked.

"I wanted to tell you that you'll be staying in tonight." Mr. Argent told his daughter.

Allison furrowed her brows, "What? I'm going out with my friends tonight."

"Not when some animal out there is attacking people."

Allison sighed, "Dad, dad, I -"

Mr. Argent rose his hands, "It's out of my hands. There's a curfew. No one's allowed out past 9:30 P.M." Allison opened her mouth to protest, "Hey, no more arguing." Allison closed her mouth which made a smile come to Mr. Argent's face. The man closed her door after he left and Allison turned to us with a frown.

"Someone's daddy's little girl." Lydia smirked. I refrained from snorting as Allison bit her bottom lip nervously.

"Sometimes. But not tonight."

I furrowed my brows as me and Lydia watched Allison walk over to her bedroom window. "What the hell are you doing?" I whispered, afraid that Allison's dad would come back in here and see this. Allison stepped out onto the roof before she did a fucking front flip right onto the grass. My jaw was literally on the floor as I looked over to Lydia who was just as shocked as I was.

Allison grinned as she looked at us from her front lawn, "Eight years gymnastics. Are you coming?"

Lydia smiled, her eyebrows furrowed in skepticism, "I'll take the stairs..."

>

This was terrible.

It was absolutely torturous watching Scott miss every single pin every single time. Lydia was doing the same, but I mean, it was like he was aiming for the gutter. I don't know how someone could be so bad at bowling. It wasn't even fun anymore because Jackson kept laughing at him and ruining the mood with his comments.

"Jackson." Allison called. "Mind shutting up?"

Jackson cackled, his shoulders raising as he laughed. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just flashing back to the words I'm a great bowler."

"Maybe he just needs a little warm - up." Allison defended my brother.

"Yeah, maybe he just needs the kiddie bumpers."

I bit the inside of my cheeks as I refrained from laughing. God, I hated that asshole, but it was kind of funny. Scott always threw the ball off balanced and like he was a penguin waddling from side to side. "Just - just aim for the middle, Scott." I suggested, holding my hand out as my brother stood at the front of the lane, holding his bowling ball in his hands.

Jackson smirked, "How about you aim for anything except for the gutter?"

"Let him concentrate." Allison spat. I saw Scott smile at Allison momentarily before he turned back to stare at the pins. He was taking forever to shoot. Jackson rolled his eyes as Allison went up to talk some sense into Scott.

I sighed, looking at Stiles who seemed to be enjoying this just as much as I was. "Why did we do this?"

Stiles chuckled, shaking his head, "I don't know, why did we do this?"

I sighed, taking a sip of my water. "To be honest, I think Allison only invited us because she wanted for us to have like - a date?"

Stiles furrowed his brows, "What do you mean?"

I felt my hands start to get sweaty as he looked at me, "Well, I guess, Allison thinks that you may... have a crush on me?"

I watched his eyes widen as they rapidly looked all over the floor, "Oh, um, I don't - I mean, what makes her say that?"

I squinted at him, confused as to why he didn't just reject the idea right then and there. "Um, I don't know she just said the way you act with me is different." Stiles smiled awkwardly, parting his lips only for nothing to come out. "I mean, I just told her there was no way that was true. Because you have such a big crush on Lydia, right?"

Stiles nodded, "Right."

I nodded, squinting my eyes in skepticism, "Okay." I said before I looked back to Scott and Allison. Scott had just thrown his bowling ball down the lane. I watched as it spun down the lane, staying right in the middle of the pins for a strike.

"Woohoo!" I jumped out of my seat as I cheered in disbelief.

And after that, Scott made six strikes in a row. Lydia even asked Scott for some help, which obviously made Jackson annoyed when she refused his help right after. She then scored a strike after only hitting gutter balls this entire time. "I think I'm getting the hang of it." Lydia looked up at the ceiling as she twirled her hair with a smirk on her face.

"That was sort of perfect form..." Allison pointed out.

"Was it?" Lydia said, obviously trying to play it off.

Allison chuckled, leaning in, "Maybe you should stop pretending to suck just for his benefit."

"Trust me, I do plenty of sucking just for his benefit."

I blinked rapidly, wishing I hadn't just heard that. It was finally my last turn to bowl. I scored a spare. Like I had been doing pretty much all night. Stiles wasn't a bad bowler either, but he wasn't better than me. Definitely better than Scott on a normal night though. I don't know if Scott's wolf powers kicked in or whatever but it was fun to watch.

I finally sighed in exasperation, sitting down next to Stiles again. "Hey, do you think you could grab me a soda before we go?" I pleaded, noticing that Scott and Jackson were off playing some arcade game while they waited for us to return our shoes.

He chuckled, "Yeah. Sprite?" I nodded before he was off to the vending machine.

I turned back to the girls, noticing a smirk on Allison's face. "What?"

She shook her head, "Nothing. He just - he literally knows you. Like he knows everything about you, and you get along so well. And he's cute, and sweet... He'd be the perfect person for you to date."

I shook my head, glancing over at Stiles who struggling to put his money into the vending machine. "I just don't feel it. I don't know, he's really sweet but I don't think I want a boyfriend, if you know what I mean."

Allison furrowed her brows, "What do you mean?"

"Like, I think I want a girlfriend."

Allison nodded as she untied her bowling shoelaces, "Understandable. But if you ever change your mind, I'm sure he'll be waiting for you." She teased before she waved her shoes in her hand, indicating she was walking over to the stand to give them back.

I exhaled in relief as I put my feet back into my shoes. I loved the feeling of bowling alley shoes but there was just something about the comfort of air forces.

"I was impressed with you tonight." Lydia said, the girl taking Allison's chair as she scooted closer to me. She was looking at me with playful bright, green eyes. She had a different look tonight. She also seemed more humble now that Jackson was out of sight. I didn't get it. She seemed to put on such a facade to be with him. Like why even bother dating someone if you have to fake it all the time? Wouldn't the best part of being that close to someone be that you could just be yourself? Your partner is supposed to know things about you that no one else knows. They're supposed to know who you really are.

I chuckled, "Oh, she speaks."

Lydia furrowed her brows, "What are you talking about?"

"You haven't talked to me the whole time we've been here."

The girl rolled her eyes, "Oh, please. Like you were waiting."

"And what if I was? Would it be such a surprise to say that I enjoy talking to you?" I replied. I saw that I had caught her off guard. She probably expected me to shoot some snarky response back at her, and I usually would've, but I actually did want to talk to her. I always looked forward to talking to her now. "You've been surprising me a lot lately."

Lydia rose her eyebrows, "Have I?"

I nodded, "Mhm. You're different than I expected."

The redhead tilted her head as she looked at me in genuine interest. "What do you mean?"

I shook my head, "I don't know. You're... funny and - easy to talk to and... just nice to be around. I mean, I see the way that you act around me, and I see the way that you act around everyone else. It's different. And it makes me wonder. Like, who is the real Lydia Martin?"

I watched Lydia's face fall for a moment. I frowned before she extended her hand. "Give me your phone." She commanded.

I furrowed my brows as I took my phone out of my pocket, placing it in her palm as I glanced around to see if anybody was watching. "What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Putting my number in your phone, dummy." She answered as she typed. She pressed one more button before she then handed it back to me. "There. Now you can get to know the real Lydia Martin whenever you want." She said, a faint smile playing on her lips.

I felt my heart beat faster as she looked at me, swallowing thickly as I tried to ignore how hot my ears felt. "Whenever I want?"

The girl nodded, "Whenever you want." She repeated. I was starting to feel nervous now. I literally could not hold her gaze and luckily for me, Stiles came back with my soda right at that moment.

I stood up, instantly grabbing the bottle from him. "Thanks. Thank - thank you. " I stammered, the boy sending me a weird look as I gripped the bottle in my hands.

"Sorry it took so long, I got distracted with that pinball machine." Stiles explained, earning a chuckle from me.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

"Please." He begged.

I chuckled, "Okay, come on." I turned to the girl who was still sitting, hoping she wasn't still thinking about how I stammered like an idiot. "Uh, goodnight, Lydia."

She nodded, a chuckle leaving her lips, "Goodnight, Devin." She said, before she got up and walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 869 22
ยทหšโœŽ ๏น a holiday miracle disguised as an annoyance... in which holly gets a scandalous text not meant for her... or... in which rebekah falls for a st...
21.2K 295 51
Lillia Hope was any other student at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. She got sorted into Ravenclaw and went on with her life. She got go...
323K 7.2K 102
Genderswap!Rachel AU. Ryan Berry is looking for something. He just doesn't know what. Shelby Corcoran is looking for something too, only she knows wh...
1.9K 115 9
''แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€šแ€นแ€ทแ€›แ€ฒแ‚•แ€กแ€แ€บแ€…แ€นแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธแ€€ แ€™แ€„แ€นแ€ธแ€ปแ€–แ€…แ€นแ€žแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏ แ€ฑแ€”แ€ฌแ€€แ€นแ€†แ€ถแ€ฏแ€ธแ€กแ€แ€บแ€…แ€นแ€€แ€œแ€ฒ แ€™แ€„แ€นแ€ธแ€ปแ€–แ€…แ€นแ€ฑแพแ€€แ€ฌแ€„แ€นแ€ธ แ€™แ€„แ€นแ€ธแ€กแ€ฑแ€•แšแ€™แ€ฝแ€ฌ แ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ‚แ€ฝแ€ญแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€šแ€นแ€ทแ€›แ€ฒแ‚•แ€กแ€แ€บแ€…แ€นแ€ฑแ€แ€ผแ€”แ€ฒแ‚” แ€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€นแ€แ€Šแ€นแฟแ€•แ€ฎแ€ธ แ€€แ€บแ€ญแ€”แ€นแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€•แ€ซแ€แ€šแ€น'' Jensoo Fi...