Chasing Shadows

By Ella_Quinn204

In book two, things are not what they seem. They thought things were bad before, when their teacher tried to... More

Chasing Shadows
Part One ~ Chapter One
Part One ~ Chapter Two
Part One ~ Chapter Three
Part One ~ Chapter Four
Part One ~ Chapter Five
Part One ~ Chapter Six
Part One ~ Chapter Seven
Part One ~ Chapter Eight
Part One ~ Chapter Nine
Part One ~ Chapter Ten
Part One ~ Chapter Eleven
Part One ~ Chapter Twelve
Part One ~ Chapter Thirteen
Part One ~ Chapter Fourteen
Part One ~ Chapter Sixteen
Part One ~ Chapter Seventeen
Part One ~ Chapter Eighteen
Part One ~ Chapter Nineteen
Part One~ Chapter Twenty
Part One ~ Chapter Twenty-One
Part One ~ Chapter Twenty Two
Part Two ~ Chapter One
Part Two ~ Chapter Two
Part Two ~ Chapter Three
Part Two ~ Chapter Four
Part Two ~ Chapter Five
Part Two ~ Chapter Six

Part One ~ Chapter Fifteen

458 12 4
By Ella_Quinn204

If you are reading this on your ipod, you might was to go onto your computer or something because the italics in this chapter is important in the flashblack.

xx

---

“Something happened that night. “

-Amy

------------

“I can’t believe I’m saying this,” I told Julia after Matt had left, “but I sort of just want to get back to Hamilton. Being here, around my family, it makes me feel like there are more people we can hurt. There’s more damage we do back home.”

                “This doesn’t feel like a home,” Julia whispered softly. “At least at school, there’s more people to be around.”

                I nodded, rubbing my head and lying down in my chair. I was still feeling slightly queasy from the hospital, but I was just thankful to be out of there alive. “How’re you feeling?” I heard Julia ask. I just nodded, mumbling something I don’t remember. Instead, my vision was being clouded by a memory from the hospital. Something that happened which I didn’t quite remember.

                The room was dark.

                I blinked in my chair, trying to hold on to that memory.

                There was an IV hooked up to my arm. I looked down and saw the tube running to the machine. There was a queasy feeling in my stomach.

                “Amy… Amy are you okay!?”

                I snapped out of it, the memory fading. “Yeah…” I muttered. “It’s just… I dunno. Forget it.”

                “Just what?”

                “There’s something not right about what happened in the hospital. Something I can’t remember, and I feel like it was important.”

                “They had you on a lot of drugs,” Julia replied, giving me a worried look.

                There was a white pill.

                “I know,” I clenched my fist, losing the memory yet again. “But this was real, I know it. And there must be a reason my mind is trying to get me to remember it.”

                I could tell Julia didn’t believe me. She had this look on her face that made it seem she was thinking the drugs hadn’t worn off yet.

                “I swear, I’m sober.”

                “I didn’t say you weren’t.”

                There was a door.

                “Of course there was a door,” I muttered to myself. “It’s a hospital.”

                “Amy… Maybe you should rest.”

                “I’m not crazy, I swear!” I sat up; realizing that lying down in my chair was making all the blood rush to my head.

                It was dark. The door slowly swung open. I sat up in bed with a jolt, my heart beating fast. “Who’s there?” I demanded. But I realized the words didn’t make it out of my mouth.

                “Do they allow visitors in the hospital at night?” I asked Julia.

                “Not in your wing. We pretty much spent the night sitting in the lobby with the terrible hospital food.”

                “Did you see… anybody suspicious?”

                She raised an eyebrow, knowing very well who I was talking about.

                “Not that I know of.”

                His face was at the door. “Why hello, Amy. It seems like you’ve had a horrible accident.”

                I got up out of my chair, pacing the room. “He was there with me Julia, he was in that room.”

                “What room? Amy, what the hell are you going on about?”

                “The hospital room!” I slammed both hands down on my desk. “He was fucking in my hospital room. He could have, like, filled the IV drip with drugs or something and easily killed me. Julia, do you realize how bad this!? JULIA.”

                But Julia didn’t seem shocked. Instead, she just seemed sad. For a while, my friend didn’t say anything.

                “Julia, I swear to you I am not hallucinating. I swear on our freaking friendship that this happened. You’ve got to believe me.” My voice was starting to sound slightly panicked.

                “That’s the thing, Amy,” she sighed. “Sometimes you yourself don’t know that it’s not real. I think this is the trauma speaking, mixing up reality and your thoughts.”

                But I could feel it in me, that all of this was real. Something happened that night. And I was determined to remember it. I started walking around again and talking to myself. “We went to the movies last night. Saw a weird movie. I fell asleep during it and had a strange dream about Mr. Grey. We left the movies. That car was there. The one that followed us after we left and nearly killed us. The car followed us… No, no, I’m missing something.”

                I sighed, sitting back down on my bed. Closing my eyes, I remembered it. There was something odd about yesterday. “Andrew,” I said. “He sent me a strange picture of him with a turkey. I didn’t think it was weird at the time, but it’s so unlike him.”

                “So there’s a clue in the picture?”

                “No,” I bit my lip. I reached into my pocket. “There’s something about my phone.” The minute my finger made contact with the phone, the memory came flooding back to me.  

                “Who’s there?” I demanded. But I realized the words didn’t make it out of my mouth. His face was at the door. “Why hello, Amy. It seems like you’ve had a horrible accident.” I gripped onto the edges of the hospital bed. Still no words were able to come out of my mouth. “Such a shame you made it. Didn’t think any of you could withstand the crash.”

                “So it was you,” I hissed. This time I managed to find my voice. “How’d you get in here?”

                “I have my ways,” he chuckled. “I’ve gotten into your house before, haven’t I?”

                My knuckles were turning white as I gripped the bed tighter. It was getting harder for me to breathe. “Get out of here.”

                “Excuse me?”

                “Get the fuck out of my room.” I was done playing games.

                “Well that wasn’t quite nice. So, no.”

                “How did you even survive?” I dug deeper. “That fall. It’s impossible.”

                “It’s all in the mind, my dear,” he chuckled. “Everything you’ve ever known, it’s all in the mind.” He tapped his brain and then reached over to the table beside me. For a moment, I felt a brief panic that he might bend over and stab me with a scalpel or something. But instead he grabbed my phone.

                “What are you doing?” I demanded.

                “Putting my number in.” I could hear his fingers tapping on my screen. Then he held the screen up and took a picture of his face. The white flash left spots in my eyes so that I didn’t see what he was doing next. “In case you ever need me, I’m just a phone call away.”

                “Take this.” His hand was in my face, and there lay a white pill in front of me.

                “No.”

                “Take this, or I will go to your house right now and shoot every single person in it without a heartbeat.”

                “What is it?” I wasn’t about to play to his bluff.

                “A pill, what does it look like? It’ll make sure you never remember this conversation.”

                I took the pill and the glass of water he handed me. Slowly, I took a sip and swallowed. I closed my eyes for a brief second. And then he was gone.

                Julia just sat there stunned as I replayed the whole story for her.

                “Are you sure-”

                “I am absolutely positive this happened.” I started scrolling through my phone. My stomach clenched when I came to the G’s. He was in there as ‘Grey.’ I dropped my phone to the floor as his contact picture came up. It wasn’t himself he had taken a picture of. It was me in the hospital bed, trying to shield my eyes from the bright light.

                “So it really did happen,” Julia whispered. “Amy, I’m so sorry…”

                “It’s fine,” I shook my head. “I was starting to doubt myself too.”

                The shock of the fact that he was in my room hadn’t worn off yet.

                “What do we do?” Julia asked, her voice sounding tiny and vulnerable.

                “We’ll wait to tell Matt,” I decided. “Later. Let’s not ruin his Thanksgiving dinner.”

                Julia nodded in agreement. Then we both just sat in my room silently, taking in everything that had happened.

                A little later when my mom called us to get ready for dinner, the silence was broken.

                “How did you remember?” Julia asked me as I was putting on my coat at the door.

                I thought about it for a second. “I guess sometimes the will to remember is more powerful than any drug will ever be."

____________

Hey guys! Omg, you say, an upload?! I know, I actually prewrote this because I have a CRAZY day tonight, so much studying and work to do I have a headache just thinking about it. >.< But here you guys go!

I dunno bout you, but I'm kinda creeped out by Mr. Grey being in her hospital room. Eeeeeek. Mr. Grey just scares me in general though, so ya know.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow... There are three types of valentine's day people: 1. the couples 2. the people who complain about how they are forever alone. 3. those who say "just be thankful for what you have! stop complaining!"

Which one are you? I'm the second. Forever alone, never had a boyfriend... Sigh. And I go to a boarding school where everyone's giving out secret messages for people's mailboxes and it's quite depressing. Oh well :(

Anywhoo, enjoy your Valentine's day! I'll upload again this weekend! Maybe on Saturday, because it's my birthday(; Speaking of which, I found out my favorite writer on Wattpad, XxSkater2Girl16xX has the same birthday as me :D brb fangirling. If you haven't read her books guys, seriously go read it.

peace out

xx

Ella

Comment, vote, fan<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 452 26
A teenaged girl struggles with the death of her best friend. When the police stop investigating the case of her friend she decides she should find t...
Seeking Souls By Ryan

Mystery / Thriller

39 0 11
His best friend gone, and no one seems to understand what he is going through. His life has been turned upside down but suddenly, a mysterious girl h...
18.9K 310 20
Andrew and Anthony, finished college and are now moving into the world and adjusting to their new jobs. Anthony, a teacher at the local high school i...
12.6K 601 27
"Do what's right" my mother always said... A normal girl goes to high school ready for her usual classes until it's announced that another studen...