epiphany - lydia martin [book...

By scorpioid

in which scott mccall has a twin sister and lydia martin finally gets the love story she deserves. [lydia m... More

chapter one. perspective
chapter two. full moon
chapter three. murderous
chapter five. questions
chapter six. 678-999-8212
chapter seven. crush
chapter eight. note to self
chapter nine. confessions pt. 2
chapter ten. heart monitor
chapter eleven. teen wolf
chapter twelve. on the run
chapter thirteen. rescued
chapter fourteen. what?
chapter fifteen. gemini
chapter sixteen. jealousy, jealousy
chapter seventeen. alpha
chapter eighteen. miscommunication?
chapter nineteen. hail mary
chapter twenty. the bite
chapter twenty-one. surprise, motherfucker
chapter twenty-two. what the hell is she?
chapter twenty-three. the turn
chapter twenty-four. search party
chapter twenty-five. bad liar
chapter twenty-six. things still left to say
chapter twenty-seven. fears
chapter twenty-eight. lost
chapter twenty-nine. abomination
chapter thirty. faith
chapter thirty-one. revelations
chapter thirty-two. break up
chapter thirty-three. detention
chapter thirty-four. inconclusive
chapter thirty-five. rave
chapter thirty-six. make up
chapter thirty-seven. who controls the kanima?
chapter thirty-eight. backstabber
chapter thirty-nine. the truth
chapter forty. chess
chapter forty-one. clarity

chapter four. kick in the balls

5K 161 26
By scorpioid

I watched as Scott and Stiles walked up to the mound of dirt on the side of Derek's house. I decided to wait in Stiles' Jeep because I did not feel like getting all dirty and sweaty from digging up that body. It was gross and definitely terrifying. Also, the two of them could handle it just fine, they clearly didn't need me. They also didn't have another shovel.

After they dug for a couple minutes, I whipped out my phone to check my messages. I had one missed call from my mom and a text from Allison. My mom was probably wondering where Scott and I were. I felt bad that I had to lie to her so much now. I knew it was gonna create a rift between all of us soon enough. I sighed before I opened the text from Allison.

Hey, coming to the game tomorrow? I know Lydia said she would ask you but I didn't think she got a chance to.

yeah, actually she did.
not totally sure how I feel about her invitation
seems like she doesn't want me there lmao

Huh?
It was her idea to invite you in the first place.

what?
she said you asked her to ask me.

Uh, no...
She definitely was the one to bring it up, I just told her she should.

oh that's weird...
well I will be there!

Sounds good!

I exhaled before I put my phone in my back pocket. I didn't have time to think about who was lying and why they were lying. I figured it was Lydia but then again, I wasn't a human lie detector. Scott and Stiles were taking way too long and I was afraid that Derek would come back. I hopped out of Stiles' Jeep, the sound of my vans hitting the gravel startling the two boys. "You guys are taking way too long." I warned as I approached them.

"I don't see you helping." My brother commented.

I scoffed, "Well god forbid I assume that the two of you could do anything without me, like digging up this little ass hole."

"Just keep going." Stiles commanded as he rolled his eyes.

"What if he comes back?" I proposed a scenario.

"Then we get the hell out of here." Stiles answered, starting to dig faster.

"What if he catches us?" Scott asked, fear evident in his voice.

"I have a plan for that."

"Which is?"

Stiles shrugged, "You run one way, Devin and I run the other, whoever he catches first, too bad."

"He would definitely catch us first, Scott's a werewolf!" I exclaimed.

Scott nodded, "Dev's right, I hate that plan."

Stiles didn't get to respond before his shovel hit a very firm piece of dirt. "Oh, stop, stop, stop." He held his hand out in front of Scott's chest. They jumped down into the hole, trying to push all of the dirt off of whatever was under there.

I couldn't do this. I didn't even wanna look.

It was just a big ass cloth covering something tied in a knot. I watched as Stiles tried to untie the large knot, glancing behind us just in case Derek had come back. "Hurry." I whispered.

"I'm trying! Did he have to tie the thing in, like, 900 knots?" Stiles struggled. He finally untied the knot, the cloth unraveling. My eyes widened as I saw fur, revealing a big black wolf.

"AH!!" Scott and Stiles nearly flew back, landing on the outside of the hole. I held back a scream as I covered my mouth with my hand. The wolf was dead but its eyes were open and its tongue was hanging out.

"What the hell is that?" I whispered in disbelief.

"It's a wolf." Scott said, confusion in his eyes.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah, we can see that. I thought you said you smelled blood, as in human blood."

Scott shook his head, "I told you something was different."

Stiles sighed, "This doesn't make sense."

I shook my head, "Well we can think about it later but right now we have to get out of here." Stiles nodded, his eyes glancing up before he did a double take. He was frozen as he was staring ahead of us. "What's wrong?"

"You see that flower?" He pointed to a short, purple one in front of us, just a little bit past the hole. "I think it's wolfsbane."

"What's that?" Scott asked.

"Haven't you ever seen the Wolf Man?" Stiles asked. Scott shook his head as we stared at the boy in confusion. "Lon Chaney Jr.? Claude Rains? The original, classic werewolf movie?"

"No! What is it?"

Stiles sighed, "You two are so unprepared for this." He mumbled. He then got up and started to pull the flower out of the ground. It was connected to a long piece of rope that he unraveled around the hole.

"Stiles." Scott whispered.

I turned to look at my brother as Stiles stood next to him, the boy's eyes widening. "Holy -" I flinched as I looked at the hole, where a pale, dark-haired girl now laid, her dead, lifeless eyes staring right at us.

>

I let out a sigh as I stuck my hands into the pockets of my bomber jacket, taking in the night. It was the night of the Lacrosse game. I was trying to ignore how anxious I was feeling. Mostly because I was scared of how this was gonna go for Scott but also because I was gonna spend the whole game with Lydia, and Allison. I was gonna find them in a second, I just had to breathe for a moment.

After we nailed Derek for the murder, Scott went all berserk because Stiles kept the wolfsbane which then lead to Scott jumping out of the car and us searching for him for hours. Again. Obviously, Stiles didn't know that wolfsbane would cause Scott to have that reaction. I just didn't understand how he knew what wolfsbane was but didn't know what it did to a werewolf. We found that wolfsbane was like a werewolf's weakness, their kryptonite.

I realized that this whole time we were trying to get Derek in jail so he wouldn't give Scott shit for playing in the game, when we probably should have been focused on, I don't know, making sure that Scott could actually play the game without changing.

I know that he's been really frustrated lately. He just wants to live a normal life and date Allison and play Lacrosse. But we clearly weren't figuring this out on our own so we were gonna have to find someone who could help. Even if it was Derek. The night of the first full moon, Scott said Derek was totally in control. He wasn't transformed at all, while Scott was going rabid. So he had to know something. But he was in jail. They arrested him the morning after we found the body on his property. I just hoped he could control it just for one game. Please, just one game.

"Hey, you." I heard Allison say.

I turned to see her standing at my side with a big grin on her face. God. I totally understood what my brother saw in her. She had to have one of the most gorgeous smiles I had ever seen. I mean, she was the kind of girl everybody would have a crush on.

"Hey." I smiled faintly, my eyes drifting to the man that was at her side.

"This is my dad. Dad, this is Scott's twin sister, Devin." Allison introduced me to a tall, skinny, fair-skinned man with cold, blue eyes and dirty-blonde hair.

"Nice to meet you." He barely smiled, giving me a simple nod.

"You as well, sir." I nodded as I shook his hand. He wasn't what I expected at all. I mean, I could definitely see him being a hunter. But Allison didn't have any of his features nor did she share his manners or personality. He seemed so serious and cold while Allison was the complete opposite. She was the definition of bubbly and warm.

Maybe she gets it from her mom.

"Come on, Lydia's sat right over here." Allison locked her arm around mine before she led us to the middle of the bleachers where Lydia was sitting.

"I see you made it." Was how the strawberry blonde greeted me, her face indicating that she wasn't phased. I chuckled as I sat down, Allison and her father sitting on the other side of Lydia.

"I guess I did after all. I couldn't pass up the opportunity after hearing how badly you wanted me to come." I smirked, watching as shock overcame Lydia's face before she quickly regrouped. I wanted to see if she was the one who lied and that face said it all. It was almost as if I had found out some secret of hers.

Lydia scoffed, "Oh don't flatter yourself, I was doing you a favor. You can't spend the entirety of your high school life socializing with your brother and his best friend."

I threw my head back in laughter, "Ouch. And I was beginning to think you were actually starting to like me."

Lydia rolled her eyes, "Don't hold your breath, McCall."

"What if I did hold my breath? Would you just
let me die?" I teased with a smile, causing the girl to roll her eyes yet again even though she was fighting back a smile.

"I would eventually give in, not because I want to, but because that's the kind of selfless person I am." She said, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

I chuckled as I nodded, "Uh-huh, you like me."

"I do not!" Lydia defended, seemingly embarrassed that I could tell she wanted to be friends with me.

"You do." I concluded, not receiving any rebuttals from the girl this time. I bit back a smile as I looked into her green eyes, a silence falling among us as she gazed at me. I didn't know what it was. She just seemed to have a different look in her eyes. A different demeanor about her. It was like she was having fun just teasing me. Her eyes twinkled for a moment, the girl breaking out into a smile as she looked back onto the field as if she didn't want me to see it.

She was becoming fond of me, I could tell. And I was actually becoming fond of her too. She was actually kind of nice to talk to. She challenged me a little. There was a bit of playfulness that I didn't expect from her. Maybe she wasn't all that bad.

Although I still don't know why Lydia suddenly took an interest in me. I also don't know why she lied about wanting to invite me? Maybe she just thought it was kind of weird because we weren't really friends. I mean, neither were me and Allison, but I have talked to her more than Lydia because of Scott. I only had her number because I wanted her to send me a picture of some notes for English class.

I didn't even think I was the type of person Lydia would get along with. The whole reason she befriended Allison so quickly was because her mom was a buyer for some fashion boutique back in San Francisco, so Allison had good style. I wasn't rich and into designer fashion and whatnot. My closet mostly consisted of like ripped jeans, hoodies, and crop tops. I wasn't completely in the dark when it came to fashion but I wasn't like Lydia or her friends. So I wondered what interested her about me.

>

"Which one is Scott again?" Allison's dad asked. The game was almost over and it seemed like we were gonna get through it without anything happening. That was even more important now that Allison had brought her dad to the game. He was a hunter, which meant he knew werewolves. If something happened, he would probably be suspicious of Scott. The bad part was that Scott literally hadn't done anything for the entire game.

"Number 11." I answered.

"Otherwise known as the only one who hasn't caught a single ball this entire game." Lydia remarked.

"Well it's not his fault they're not passing to him." I defended. I didn't know what was going on but none of the other team members were passing Scott the ball. I actually recall Jackson tackling Scott so that he wouldn't pick up the ball on one occurrence. They were on the same team.

"I hope he's okay." Allison said in worry as she bit her fingernails nervously, watching the players run on the field. I looked at her in realization, a small smile on my face. It was cute that she was worried about him. She was really a sweet girl.

"I hope we're okay. We need to win this." Lydia stated. I looked at her in confusion. I wondered why she cared so much. Like, what does any of this have to do with her? It was as if she had made a bet for a million dollars in favor of Beacon Hills.

Lydia stood up, holding a sign for Jackson at her waist. "Allison. A little help here?"

Allison scratched her forehead, clearly not wanting to oblige. She still stood up, helping Lydia hold the other half of the sign that read:

Jackson's number 1!

I looked to Scott, noticing the look of anger in his eyes. It was probably the fact that Allison was holding the sign too. I don't know if he just finally got his act together or what because he scored the next goal. I then realized he literally ripped a hole through the goalie's net with his shot. He was turned. He was using his powers.

After that, Coach was literally screaming at the team to pass to Scott. And they did. So Scott scored again and again and again. Until the game was all tied up.

He had the ball for the last ten seconds of the game, stepping a few feet away from the goalie's net. He was literally cornered on all sides. The opposing teams players started to close in on him, the voice inside my head begging him to just take the shot.

"You can do it, Scott." I heard Allison whisper. It was almost as if she knew he could hear her too.

Scott ripped back his arm before he launched the ball right through the goalie's net. The whistle blew as the game ended, the field being filled with students running onto it.

"Yes!" I heard Stiles cheer from the bench as he threw his hands up. I gave Allison a high-five, our fingers locking for a moment.

"Thank God." I said in relief.

Lydia started to exit the bleachers, presumably to find Jackson and congratulate him. Or maybe to berate him for not making the game-winning shot, I don't know.

"That was amazing." Allison said in excitement, the girl bouncing up and down. I chuckled as I glanced at her father who didn't seem impressed one bit. I wondered why he came. He didn't seem excited or interested the entire game. Maybe he knew something. Like he knew that the werewolf was a student at the school and he came to stake it out or look for anything suspicious. I hoped he wasn't suspicious of Scott.

"You gonna go find Scott?" I asked the brunette.

Allison grinned as she nodded, "Yeah."

I smiled as we started to walk down from the bleachers. Allison made her way onto the field but I kept walking along the sidelines until I found Stiles. I tapped him on the shoulder, the boy spinning around in confusion.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I threw my arms around his neck, the boy wrapping his arms around my waist as we rocked from side-to-side. I pulled away, noticing a smile on the boy's face. "Great job out there." I said sarcastically.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "What are you talking about? I literally never play."

I laughed, "Yeah I know it's just fun to tease you."

Stiles chuckled as he glanced behind him. I furrowed my brows before I looked behind him, noticing his dad standing off to the side on his phone. "What?" I asked, nodding my chin upwards.

Stiles swallowed thickly, "I heard my Dad talking on the phone. Medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found, and they determined the killer to be animal not human."

"Because of the bite marks, I'm guessing."

Stiles nodded, "And because of the wolf hairs, of course. They don't know that Derek's a werewolf. So since the killer is 'animal' not human, Derek human not animal - Derek not killer - Derek let out of jail."

My eyes widened, "What!?" The boy nodded. I could feel my heart racing. Oh man, that guy was gonna kill all of us. "Okay but that still doesn't change the fact that he covered up a murder!?"

Stiles shook his head, "I know, but there's something else."

I furrowed my brows, "What?"

"They ID'd the body. Both halves. Her name was Laura Hale."

I literally felt like I had been hit by a truck. "Hale?"

Stiles smiled nervously, "Derek's sister."

>>>

getting more into the story! i plan on publishing a chapter a day so stay tuned, if you enjoy pls vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 295 51
Lillia Hope was any other student at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. She got sorted into Ravenclaw and went on with her life. She got go...
833K 51.1K 115
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
59.6K 3.3K 44
in which the youngest weasley triplet and the clumsy order member overcome the obstacles of the great war [ nymphadora tonks x female oc ] [ order of...
31.4K 869 22
·˚✎ ﹏ a holiday miracle disguised as an annoyance... in which holly gets a scandalous text not meant for her... or... in which rebekah falls for a st...