Our Bond Of Vengeance (Batman...

By drjakelee

~~ You're a middle-class citizen, with an internship at Gotham Gazette, about to attend a university. Your... More

Back In Gotham - 1
The Party - 2
The Letter - 3
The Kiss - 4
Iceberg Lounge - 5
Gotham's Masked Vigilante - 6
The Dressing Room - 7
Rush (NSFW) - 8
Mystery Girl - 9
The Injured Bat - 10
Our Bond - 11
Lies & Jealousy - 12
Compromise - 13
Bartender - 14
The Manor (NSFW) - 15
Confusion - 16
Red Handed - 17
Weakness - 18
Gotham General Hospital - 19
Origin - 20
Reunion - 21
Oxygen - 22
Breathless (NSFW) - 23
Photographs - 24
The Journal - 25
The Night Of Lies - 26
The Dawn Of Truth - 27
Realization - 28
Him - 30
Together - 31
Vigilante - 32
The Suit - 33
Unmasked - 34
The Buzz - 35
The Batman - 36
In The Open - 37
The Elevator - 38

Confirmation - 29

2.4K 62 52
By drjakelee

The last night swirled in your mind, blurry but you could recollect every moment. After you received a ride from Gordon, you collapsed into your bed after removing the gun from your pocket and hiding it in your dresser. 

You buried your face into your pillow as your alarm went off. You kept thinking about the batman. About Bruce. 

You groaned, thinking about the striking similarities that you had chosen to ignore because well, the thought of.... Bruce Wayne, reclusive billionaire dressing up as a bat, fighting villains in the middle of the night... that just seemed impossible.

That eerie feeling that you kept getting, that something was up and you felt unsure... It was because of Bruce, and the batman. You needed to find out, maybe the batman truly just was aiding Bruce, and they weren't the same person.

You needed to talk to Bruce about it soon, but the chances of him showing up to work was very slim according to what the other employees said. 

You got up from bed, checking your phone before you got dressed. Bruce had yet to text or call you, signalling that his phone was still off for whatever reason.

You carefully put on your clothing, being weary of your aching wrists, a result of the night before. 

You looked in the mirror at yourself before you quickly grabbed your things and headed out to catch a taxi. You noticed the cop car was still parked outside of the apartments. 

On the way there you scrolled through the various articles produced by Gotham Gazette. 

How our exclusive interview led to romance

Published by Gotham Gazette, 

Written by Janette Jones. 

Reading that name made your blood boil. You had long since forgotten about the interaction you had with your ex boss, Miss Jones. You read through the article briefly, it was honestly embarassing. It was more like a love letter to Bruce Wayne than anything else. 

You sighed, as you got out of the taxi, after paying for the ride. When you walked through the doors of the building you noticed a strange buzz.

You walked to a group of people who were talking around one cubicle on the first floor. 

"What's all the excitement about?" You questioned, approaching the group.

One of the people looked at you and smiled wide. "Mr Wayne showed up in person today, and he's raised everyones hourly pay!" 

He was here. In the building. That eerie feeling began to build up in your chest again. You needed answers. 

"Oh, I see." You replied, turning to walk towards the elevator. 

You heard one of them mumble something about you looking familiar, followed by an exchange of words and your name.

As you walked to the elevator and pressed the top floor your heart began to race.

You were nervous.

Not only did you need answers, you also had a job to perform as his assistant. Avoiding him wasn't an option. You'd have to face him.

What would you say?

Would you say anything? Were you just overthinking?

Was this reasonable... at all?

Your thoughts were interrupted by the elevator dinging, signifying that you had reached the floor. You walked out as the doors opened. Again, there was a buzz of excitement and people chattering on the floor, more than usual.

You noticed Mr Fox amongst a few other people, and walked over to them. 

"I heard that Mr Wayne is here today..."

Fox smiled, turning to look at you. "Yes that would be correct."

"Where is he now?" 

"I believe he left 30 minutes ago. He seemed unwell, and left during a short meeting."

You nodded your head. "Thank you"

As you walked away, you felt a twisted sense of relief but also uneasiness that you wouldn't be seeing Bruce today. You walked towards his office, where you would normally gather files that were left there for you.

You approached his office door, opening it, humming slightly to distract yourself from the thoughts you were having. You needed to focus on your work, even if that work was for Bruce. 

You shut the door behind you, and set a few of your things on the table next to the door. You heard the sound of labored breathing.

Your eyes shot up towards the lounge/couch area of Bruce's office and your eyes widened, noticing him sitting there.

"Oh- Bru-Mr- Wayne..."

He was really there.

His back was facing you, as he sat on the couch. He slowly turned his neck/ body to look at you, you noticed his jaw clench and his eyes squint as he clutched at his side. "Y/n, or should I say y/n-Miss-l/n" 

You bit your lip smiling a little, but growing concerned at the way he reacted to turning to look at you. 

"Are you okay?" 

His face turned from a slight smile into a frown as he turned to sit normally again. You walked over, standing towards him. 

"You don't seem too well... are you okay?"

He made a small grunt like noise. "I'm fine" His nostrils flared as his labored breathing continued.

Your face wrinkled at his response, and your gaze went towards his hand that was clenching at his side underneath his suit jacket.

That feeling of uneasiness.

You got closer to him, till you were standing right next to the couch. He cleared his throat.

"It's nothing, dont worry abo-"

He coughed a little, moving the hand that held his side, to cover the cough. 

There was blood on his hand, along with a bandage wrapped around it. You looked to his other hand, that had a similarly wrapped bandage around it.

You sat next to him quickly, your heart beginning to race.

"It's nothing? Really?"

You grabbed his hand, looking at the slight prescence of blood. 

"This doesn't look like nothing..." You looked at his eyes, feeling a sense of deja vu.

He looked away from you, and you let go of his hand. 

"Let me see." You cleared your throat, grabbing the edge of his suit jacket.

"It's just the old stitches, I'm fine. I'll go get it taken care of."

He began to stand up from the couch, letting out a huff. Your hand slipped from his jacket as he did.

"Bruce-"

His knees buckled, and he stumbled, leaning onto the arm of the couch while his labored breathing turned to gasps for breath. You reached your arms out, still sitting on the couch and grabbed his arm.

He opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't. You tried to help him sit, but it was no use. His body fell towards yours, onto the couch. You gasped, the full weight of his body was against yours.

"You're definitely not okay.."

With a few struggled movements, you managed to get out from underneath Bruce, and turn him so that he was laying on his back, you grabbed his suit jacket, unbuttoning it and then slowly pulling it off of him. 

There was blood stained on the white shirt underneath, on his side. He squeezed his eyes shut, reaching his hand towards the wound. You stopped him.

"I- let me just-"

You turned to see the first aid kit you had passed many times while in his office during work. It seemed him getting injured happened frequently, the kit was large. You got up quickly walking over to it, grabbing it then returning to bruce.

He had sat up, now leaning against the back of the couch. It was an awkward position to be in, but you moved in between his legs, setting the kit next to you on the couch. 

You reached to unbutton his white shirt, but his hand stopped yours.

"I need to help you..."

You were now kneeling on the couch in between his legs, and his eyes made contact with yours.

You slipped your hand from his grasp and looked towards his shirt. You unbuttoned it, sliding it off his shoulders. You looked towards the wound...

It was not just the old stitches like he had said. 

It was a new wound.

It seemed to be a knife wound.

The batman had been stabbed last night too.... 

You felt your heart race as you shakily reached towards the kit, grabbing a towel and disinfectant to clean the area. 

Your hands were shaking as you began to clean the wound, noticing sloppy stitches that already held the deep cut together.

You felt his hand grab onto your waist.

"You're shaking..."

His voice muttered, that tone.... 

The influction in his voice.

It was just like the batman's, how had you not noticed before..

"I-... yeah... it's not everyday you sit in your bosses lap while he..." You gulped looking towards the sloppily done stitches. 

"While his poorly stitched wound bleeds..." 
You grabbed the stitching tools, avoiding his gaze at all costs necessary as you began to fix the terrible stitch work.

Your hands had steadied, but your mind and heart hadn't. His hand still held your waist as you finished the stitching. You looked at his body, mentally cursing yourself for finding this whole situation to be thrilling... and hot.

You paused, after you set the tools back in the kit and looked back to his body, still avoiding his face.

It shouldn't be, but it was. You noticed the faded scars on his body, that you had seen before... On Bruce.... and on the batman, on the night you had saved him... You bit your lip, a feeling of unsurety and uneasiness filled you.

"Hey..."

You heard his voice mutter. You slowly looked back up to his face, the image of batman flashing in your mind, as you stared at his jawline, and slowly to his face. You cleared your throat.

"What happened to you?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 154 3
(Book 3 in my "Son Of" series) Y/N Wayne is the 17 year old son of billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne. Who also happens to be the main hero of Gotham C...
19.5K 320 7
Uh I don't really have a description for this. It'll go like the 2022 movie goes with some slight changes to add you in it !! I'm writing This mainly...
173K 4.8K 20
ANNOUNCEMENT MARCH 17, 2021 This story, as well as my other Justice League Universe story 'Heroes', is being completely rewritten! First I will rewri...
37.8K 451 10
bruce wayne x reader one shots robert pattinson's version will include some as batman (don't do part 2s-sorry!) Completed as of May* - *warning* sm...