Stringed (Nino Nakano x Male...

By Franzel_Red

What are you willing to do for the person you started to grow fond of? What if that person is pursuing someon... More

Author's notes
(I) Prologue
(I) Chapter 1 - Lost Stars
(I) Chapter 2 - Surreal
(I) Chapter 3 - Glimpse
(I) Chapter 4 - Bet
(I) Chapter 5 - Denial
(I) Chapter 6 - Uncertainty
(April Fools Chapter/You can skip this😂)
(I) Chapter 7 - Visit
(I) Chapter 8 - Lunch
(I) Chapter 9 - Tryouts
(I) Chapter 10 - What it's like
(I) Chapter 11 - Ode to my Family
(I) Chapter 12 - Circumstances
(I) Chapter 12.5 - Moments
(I) Interlude Chapter - Hope
(I) Chapter 13 - Good News
(I) Chapter 14 - One Night, Two Days, and Three Hearts
(I) Chapter 16 - Unstring
(II) Chapter 17 - Fireworks
(II) Chapter 18 - The Family
(II) Chapter 19 - Second Eldest
(II) Chapter 20 - Advises and Goodbyes
(II) Chapter 21 - Closer
(II) Chapter 22 - Permission
(II) Chapter 23 - Misplaced
(II) Chapter 24 - Gaze
(II) Chapter 25 - Bliss
(III) Chapter 26 - Forward
(III) Chapter 27 - Meet
(III) Chapter 28 - Solace

(I) Chapter 15 - Revelation

1.2K 100 39
By Franzel_Red

[Nino's POV]

This Machido guy was reaching out for his hand to Takeji but he just left him hanging. I looked at Fumia and something wasn't right.

"You must be wondering what's going on. Maybe you're wondering what Fumia is to me." Machido uttered with an annoying grin.

"D—Don't listen to him Takeji-kun!" Fumia held Takeji's arm pulling him to where we were standing. "It would be a waste of time."

"Now now Fumia-chan. Aren't you being rude to my buddy Takeji here? He's curious so why don't I tell him?"

"You're right Fumia, the way this guy looks, he's no good. Let's not waste time here. Let's go home." He smiled at the two of us and we started to walk away from Machido.

"Tss..." I heard Machido and it looks like he was pissed. "Are you sure you aren't curious why that girl isn't always around? Hmm?"

"Everyone has their own circumstances. It's better that I hear it from Fumia and not from a guy like you."

"Alrighty then, if you say so! Too bad, you're wasting a good bitch." Again, with his annoying as hell of a grin.

Takeji stopped from walking.

"T—Takeji-kun?" Fumia wondered as I found Takeji clenching his fist.

I saw Machido holding on to something. It looks like a sharp object and Takeji is about to confront him. Takeji turned to Machido and started to walk toward him.

"You mother—" 

I held on to Takeji's hand even though I was already shaken by what was going on.

"Takeji... Let's... Let's go home... Alright...?" I can feel Takeji trying to escape my grasp and I don't want to let go because I know it wouldn't go well. "Takeji... Calm down for a sec... Please... Let's just go home..."

While I was trying my best to avoid Takeji from getting hurt, I didn't notice that I was already tearing up from all the tension surrounding us. I'm not used to this kind of situation. The worst fight I had was with my sisters but not this kind of a deal. 

This is too much for me to handle...

Takeji didn't say anything and I was still not letting go of his hand. I don't care if I'm holding on to his hand anymore. I want him to be safe and that's what matters the most.

"I'll see you again Fumia-chan! I know where your school is!" Machido yelled as the three of us continued to walk away.

A couple of minutes passed and there was nothing but silence.

"Let me walk you home." Takeji told Fumia.

"It's okay Takeji-kun I—"

"I'll drop you home Fumia... This time, to your house..."

"It's for your safety Fumia... I'll go with you Takeji." I added.

"O—Okay..." Fumia replied.

The three of us took a bus until we arrived at the stop where Fumia's house is located. Some time passed and we arrived at the house which looks like its Fumia's. The house looks fine. It has a garage, a small front yard, and it looks like it has two floors. We were at the front of the gate and preparing to head home.

"We'll be going now Fumia. I'll drop Nino at her home as well. You take—"

"Wait... Can you two stay for a bit? I can prepare some food... It's to say my thanks to the two of you for dropping me home..."

"I'm okay with that... Takeji?" I replied.

"Okay."

We all head inside as Fumia opened the door for us. As the door opens, we were welcomed by a tidy home and by a lady which looks like Fumia's mother.

"Mom, I... I brought my friends with me..."

"H—Hello... I'm Risu Naruki. Thank you for being friends with my daughter." She gave us a bow which we replied with a bow as well.

"Make yourselves at home. You can just take a seat on the couch. Mom, please help me prepare some food for them. I'll be making some dinner for later too."

The both of us took a seat and just looked around the house. A couple of minutes passed and Fumia went back from the kitchen.

"Here, please have some." Fumia placed some juice on the table.

"Thank you for your hospitality," I uttered.

"N—No problem Nino-chan."

"Fumia... Can you tell me what happened?" Takeji asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah... If you don't mind that is..." I added.

"I... I wouldn't be bringing you inside my home if I haven't stilled myself. Please come with me."

We followed Fumia to a room. She opened it and we found a girl laying on a bed. She was breathing through an oxygen tube and was taking a rest.

"She's my sister, Hanna. She just turned 11 this year."

"I..." Takeji tried to utter a word but it looks like he was the same as me. We're both lost for words.

"It's okay Takeji-kun. You don't have to make sense of everything right away."

We all took a seat.

"Was she always like this?" I asked.

"Yes. She was born with this condition. She inherited it from Dad and... He's no longer with us..."

"I'm sorry to hear that..." Takeji uttered.

"Yeah..." I added.

"It's okay... Her condition is getting better at least, now that she's getting the medication she needs. But before... It was really difficult..."

Her eyes started to tear up as we can see her clinging to her skirt.

"Some things happened and it became very difficult for us to live. An accident happened with mom which rendered her sick for a long time. It's when I met Machido. He offered me a deal where he will support us, especially with Hanna's situation. But I knew from the start that it wouldn't do me any good. Not having a choice, I accepted."

"What was the deal?" Takeji continued to ask.

"I... I worked on his club... The club had Karaokes and private rooms... In each room, you'll find women pleasing the men to earn some money and give them a good time... I didn't do that though..."

Takeji and I sighed in relief after she said the latter part.

"That's... at least..." I softly uttered.

"Yeah... I just served some food and drinks to the rooms... I worked there every after school as part of the deal with Machido... But most recently, he almost sold me to a customer saying that I was already old enough..." We saw Fumia not being able to contain her tears anymore.

I sat beside Fumia and try to comfort her as she was trying to share her story. I can feel her shaking. I know this isn't an easy thing to share with anyone else. I'm just thankful that she trusts us.

"I didn't want to be sold... I love my sister... With all my life... But I need to protect myself as well... Not thinking clearly, I made my escape... Fortunately, I met someone who helped me escape from them. His name is Seiji. Their family was kind enough to take us in for a while as I try to look for a job."

"Is that when I found you?"

"Yes, Nino-chan. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you."

"I didn't have the right to pry on personal things. I'm just glad that you're out of that hell hole."

"I'm really glad as well. Seiji-kun had some kind of connection and he had a best friend who was from a very wealthy family. That's when I heard about Katori-san. He helped me with my financial situation. If it wasn't for Seiji-kun, and Katori-san, I really don't know what could've happened."

"What's important is that you're safe... For now..." Takeji said.

"What do you mean?" Fumia asked and we both look at Takeji.

"Well... I'm sure that asshole will try to go back into your life, one way or another. We'll need to find a way to stop him... Who knows what other illegal things he does...?"

"Takeji's right... We wouldn't want anyone else to go through the same thing... He needs to be put behind bars..." I commented.

"But how would we be able to do that...?" Fumia asked.

"We'll think of something. In the meantime, I'll make sure you'll be able to go home safely. If I have to drop both of you off after school, I will do so." Takeji declared.

After we ate, we both said our goodbyes to Fumia's mother. We were in front of Fumia's home as we prepare to part ways.

"I..." Fumia uttered.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Please know that I didn't say all those things to make excuses to you Takeji-kun... I just thought that it would be the right time to tell you since you wanted to know it from me."

"You don't have to apologize. You did nothing wrong." He smiled at Fumia.

"Yeah... Thank you... You two... For hearing me out..." 

"Thank you for telling us about what happened. It's something that was too personal but you trusted us about it." I replied.

"Nino's right. We'll be going home now. See you at school Fumia."

"Yeah, see you guys tomorrow."

Takeji said that he'll drop me off in front of the pentagon. Some time passed and we finally arrived.

"You take care now..." He looked at me sincerely.

"Hey..." I hold on to his bag.

"Hmm...?"

"You shouldn't jump straight into trouble... Who knows what could've happened if I didn't stop you... You dummy..."

"I... I understand... But I can't just let anyone say things like that..."

"But there are better ways to handle it! Do you understand!? Geez! Don't just let all your anger take over you."

He sighed, "I'm sorry..."

"You should be! Don't you know how worried I was earlier!?"

"I know... Look... I didn't mean to make you worried. It's just that—"

He wasn't able to say anything. He wasn't able to because I gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"N—NINO!? What are you—" I grinned at him as I can see his face getting all red.

"That's for listening to me earlier. Don't think that I'm giving you away to Fumia! Go home now dummy! You take care!" I pushed him as I was trying to hide the redness on my face as well.

"G—Good night Nino..."

"Good night!" I winked at him and I head towards the pentagon.

I went to my room and after some time, I made a phone call so I can give Fumia some help with her situation.

Someone answered. It was Ichika but she was panting.

"Ichi—ICHIKA!? Why are you the one answering the phone call!? And... WHY ARE YOU PANTING!?"

"H—Huh!? I just had some exercise that's why!"

"R—Really!? AT NIGHT!?"

"Y—Yeah! Don't you know it's good to take some exercise at this time of the day? Besides, I can't do it in the morning."

While speaking, I overheard the voice of the person I intended to call in the first place.

"Hon? Who are you talking to?"

"Hmm? It's Nino, hon."

"Can I talk to him please?" I uttered.

"O—Okay, I'll give him the phone." Ichika replied.

"Geez... These two..."

"Hello?"

"Hey...  I need some help... Can you not like, tell Ichika...? I don't want her to worry..."

"Okay..." He replied. It took a minute before he was able to say something. It looks like he moved to another room.

"What's up?" He asked.

"So..."

[Fumia's POV]

The next day arrived. Takeji-kun didn't walk me home and I found Machido waiting for me near the school. We started to walk away from the school and it looks like we were heading into an empty alleyway.

"So, have you already come to your senses?"

"About what?"

"You can't live without me. No one will be able to help you and your sister."

"You're probably right..."

"Good Fumia-chan! That's more like it! You should be using your brain more!" I can't believe that I'll be able to see his rotten smile once more.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Where else? Of course at the club! Especially now that Maki's out."

"MAKI? What the hell happened!?"

"What the did you do to Maki!?"

"Hmm? Nothing that much! I just gave her a good beating. I mean, not me but my men of course. It's too much of a hassle to do it myself."

"Is she..."

"She's alive. I just needed to show that bitch who's boss. Though her current home is a hospital. But we made sure that she'll live. Just a good beating ya know?!" He winked at me.

"You're a monster!"

"I know right!? But aren't we the same?"

"Don't lump me in with the likes of you! We are not the same!"

"What? You took my deal, right? You could've declined but you didn't. You have to admit, you were using me to your advantage as well."

"I didn't have a choice! You were manipulating me the whole time."

"I mean, of course, I wouldn't do something that would make me lose!"

"You're ruining the lives of many women Machido..."

"How can you say it like that? I'm just simply giving them an opportunity. Just like what I did to you, they agreed to work for me. What do they need to do in return? They just have to give my clients a good time is all. Too bad, you really are worth a lot of money. I could've sold you for a higher price but you were such a bitch about it. 

"Anyways, I'll find a new one to sell you for a better price so you better get ready. It's for you sister, right?" He gave his rotten grin.

"Yeah... Too bad..." A grinned back.

"What do you mean...?"

I leaned over him and whispered, "CHECKMATE..."

"HANDS IN THE AIR! THIS IS THE POLICE!"

The authorities arrived. They were just waiting for the right moment to corner Machido. Takeji-kun and Nino-chan were with them. The plan was to bait Machido and let him confess what he was doing. 

"YOU FUCKER! YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT! YOU SET ME UP!" Machido protested.

I turned off the mic I was secretly wearing and said,

"Yes, I did. And now... This bitch just put you behind bars." I just grinned at him.

"GOODBYE MACHIDO."

[Nino's POV]

The police started to put some handcuffs on Machido as we all try to wait for everything to get settled. We were told that they'll be getting some statements from the three of us. It's a good thing I was able to get some assistance and put some legal action to this. We can't possibly do it by ourselves so we seek help.

After the conversation I had last night, we were able to get help from the authorities. I'm happy for Fumia that Machido is finally going to jail to atone for his sins.

"Nino-chan!" Fumia hurried to me.

"Hey...! Take some breather. What you went through was really tough"

"Yeah... But thank you Nino-chan! I can finally say that I'm free from Machido's grasp."

"I'm really happy as well. I'm just glad that everything's been resolved now."

"Yeah, that's why—"

"I WON'T BE THE ONLY ONE GOING DOWN!" We all heard Machido yell.

He head-butted the police and was able to escape from them. He was running towards us and I notice him holding on to an icepick. Everything was going so fast that I got petrified from where I was standing.

"I'LL TAKE THIS PINK-HAIRED BRAT TO HELL WITH ME!"

My ears were ringing due to tension and I heard a faint voice from afar which sounds like Takeji

"NINO!"

I wasn't able to do anything but close my eyes. My breathing got heavy and I can feel the cold sweat on my face. I was hearing some shouting and felt some commotion. I opened my eyes and found Fumia standing very close while facing me.

"F—Fumia...!?" I wasn't able to utter anything but her name as I look at her.

"H—Hey... Are you..." She wasn't able to complete her sentence and I can see blood dripping from her mouth.

"FUMIA!" I heard Takeji yell as I'm trying to get a hold of what happened. Everything felt like it was being slowed by time.

"YOU SHOULD ROT IN HELL!" I saw Takeji beating Machido to a pulp and the authorities were trying their best to stop him.

Machido laughed as he was still being punched in the face. "I DON'T CARE IF I GO TO HELL! SHE'S COMING WITH ME! SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERV—" 

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"  Takeji shouted as he was finally dragged by the police.

I looked back to Fumia and found that she was telling me something.

"N—Nino-chan... Are you okay...?" She was trying so hard to utter the words and she was clinging on to my shoulders.

"Fumia... Why—" I was shaking and I hold on to her back to support her. I looked at my hand and found blood on it.

"What's... What's important... Is that... You're safe..." She smiled at me and ultimately fainted.

"FUMIA!!"

I yelled as I see Takeji run to us while Fumia was lying in my hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.5K 1.8K 29
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
276K 12.5K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...
703K 16.7K 73
"You and me always and forever." 9-1-1 Season 2+ Start- March 26 2023 Finish I do not own any 9-1-1 characters or their plots. I do own my character...
211K 13.7K 76
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...