Rejected 1: Fall For The Rise...

By MeandDiamond

#20 best in Romance, #21 Best in Werewolf I never thought I'll be rejected by my own mate... And most of all... More

Read it carefully
Rejection Accepted...
Decisions
Breaking The Bond
Hello! California
New Beginnings
Acquaintances
Why Did You Leave Me?
Life could be Clichè....
A Start to Know You.
True Mates: Part I
True Mates: Part II
True Mates: Part III
Start A New
Devil In Hiding
Family
The Café
Coffee and Gossips
New Mates
Meeting Gracia
Healing Bonds
Incomplete Story
The Winds of Change
Promise

Breaking the Legacy

55.3K 2.2K 593
By MeandDiamond

Guys, try my other book if possible...
My Boyfriend's lover (bxb)
I hope you all will like it.😊

Packhouse, Alpha's Office
Alpha Clark

"Alpha, it's Kyle, something has happened to him." My beta came crashing down the office door a couple of minutes after Andrew left, the look on his face speaking volumes to back his statement.

My eyes widen at his words as I jumped from my desk and ran with my beta towards where Kyle had been. We came out in the backyard of the packhouse to see many of the pack members surrounding someone and watching closely.

I entered the circle and everybody moved to the side seeing me approaching.

"What happened?" I asked no one in particular.

But before anyone could answer my eyes fell on unconscious Kyle lying on the ground.

I fell to my knees beside the pack doctor who was checking upon him. I looked at him and then at Kyle who even unconscious appeared in a lot of pain.

"What... What happened to him, who did this to him?" I looked at my beta and the others standing around.

Before they could answer the doctor stood up. "Is he alright?" I asked once I stood up to face him.

"He is fine Alpha just unconscious from the pain, I guess." He spoke as he motioned for others to carry Kyle to his room.

"What happened here?" I asked turning to my Beta again.

"Not sure with the details Alpha but we heard a painful howl coming from the forest so I had asked the pack guards and warriors to check upon it. When they returned they were carrying unconscious Kyle and the howl was probably from him as when they reached him he was clenching his chest and writhing in pain on the forest floor."

The confusion was all that entered my mind. I looked at the pack doctor for an explanation for it. He looked at me and then at others standing around me "I would like to talk in private." He said in our link nodding to the packhouse.

His serious tone and the dark wave of emotions didn't sit well in my gut and I nodded starting to walk "In my office then" I said to the doctor and my beta both.

I can feel them buzzing, the news of unconscious Kyle spreading like wildfire among the pack members. The unrest from the members on the ground alone is unsettling. They all know the person in the talk is their future Alpha and there are not many things out there that can make a 'were' unconscious let alone Alpha blood.

Entering into my office which was thankfully soundproof before I broke the windows myself I took a seat on a chair in front of my desk and motioned for the other two to sit on the sofa facing the opposite wall. Why didn't I hear the damn howl? The office isn't soundproof anymore.

I watched them taking their seats before I began
"Now, I want to know what is wrong with my son and who is responsible for it."

The pack doctor looked at us both before taking a deep breath and then looking down for a minute he began "I am sure you both are not going to like what I am going to tell you but still... so I checked him up and if what I am thinking this is then it is for no good."

I was getting slightly frustrated by his round talking "Would you please tell it straight!" I ended up using my commanding voice at him.

He looked taken aback at me and possibly scared at my outburst not expecting me to get charged up.

"Well, Alpha what I mean is that it appears that Kyle has been rejected by his mate. He is starting to show the signs of rejection and if the pain and pale body colour is already not giving it away then the darkness appearing on his chest above his heart confirms it.

In a normal case, it wouldn't have turned into this serious but since Kyle is Alpha blood the effects of rejection are taking a toll on him and probably destroying his wolf spirit."

It took me a couple of seconds to process his words as I stared blankly at him.
"What the hell?" I stood up in disbelief. "Are you sure it is really what you are talking about?" He nodded a second later making sure I wouldn't attack him.
Has Alia lost her fucking mind?

"Max, ask someone to bring Alia here this moment, she needs to explain herself."

"And Keith I don't care what you do or how you do it but I want my son cured. Stop the effects of rejection for the time being and hopefully, Alia hasn't lost it completely."

Max was up and out of the office before I could finish ordering the doctor and I was about to follow him to see Kyle however before I could take another step Keith stopped me again.

"Alpha... there is a bit more to it," his words felt hotter on my skin than the one time I accidentally touched silver and it burned through my skin and muscles to the very bone.

I paused and waited for him to explain further.

"I am not completely sure though at the moment since my powers are not advanced enough but the rejection is not the only thing that has happened to him.
Kyle's bond was not only broken but appeared rotting. I tried to connect with him and see the damage to his wolf after rejection but his spirit was not responding. It seems to be withering away quite rapidly and badly.

I think Alia broke the mating bond between them and also without Kyle's consent. And since the bond is broken from his mate's side only the other side began rotting spreading a poisonous infection in his soul and his wolf's spirit.

Honestly, I am not qualified enough for this and we need an expert on this matter because even if the bond was broken a few days ago the expanse of infection is too fast. The suffering must be excruciating to make a trained Alpha wolf pass out like that."

I can feel the dread settling through my spine after his every word. How the hell did it all come to this? When did all this happen? I... I... What evil has settled upon my pack? My one son was already hurting because of his mate and now my other son too. Oh, goddess! What curse have you put on my children?

"You called Alpha Clark?" Alia entered the office looking hesitant with her steps. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even sense her coming.

It took me minutes to find my voice, thankfully Keith saw my condition and took the lead.
"Yes Alia, come inside," he said. Both of us looked at her scared expression and heard the rapid heartbeat. What sin have you committed that you are this nervous? Please, please tell me that Keith has gotten everything wrong. That he has lost his bloody damn mind and is making everything up.

He fiddled with her fingers and suddenly I realised that I don't smell him. I don't smell Kyle at all on her. Even if they are not mated, even if they haven't marked each other after so many days... the scent should be there on both of them. And yet neither of them smells like other...

.... My mind seems to be breaking completely down. How can I be so blind... how?

Feeling the rising rage beneath my skin I couldn't stop myself from slipping it through my words
"Now answer me very carefully and in all honesty, because your one lie could lead you into a lot of trouble Alia, you got that?" She nodded looking at me and then at Keith.

"Are you really Kyle's mate? Did you reject him? Did you break the mating bond between you and him?"

She looked at me in surprise with wide eyes and even a whole minute later she stood there with no intention to answer me. Rapid heartbeat, sweating, fiddling like there is no tomorrow. What more did I want from her? She has already given everything away.

But I want to know why? Why the lies? Why the deceitfulness?

Using my hard commanding alpha voice I growled at her.

"Tell me the truth and very carefully, ARE YOU KYLE'S MATE?

Answer! Me!"

A squeak escaped her lips as she stumbled a few steps back in fear and finally shook her head "No... No, I... I didn't reject him coz he is not my... my mate."

The despair, the guilt, it is all too much... I looked down at the wedding invitation cards resting on my table, images of Kyle telling me about finding his mate and the urgency to marry her.

My insides were burning with fury as I turned to Alia who was standing with her head bowed down and trembling. Taking an intimidating step towards her I let the full force of my wraith fall upon her. I didn't stop a single ounce vengeful of aura from suffocating her, watching her as she kept walking back with each of my steps.

"Then who?" I asked her.

She didn't answer. My patience is losing thin.

"I asked who?" I roared at her again.

"Don't know... He... never told me."

"YOU ARE LYING!" I couldn't help myself this time. This bitch still dares to spew evil from her trap.

"No... No... I am not. Kyle never told me the name. I only know it is a man. Just that. He never told me the name." She started to sob cowering away.

I glared at the bitch standing in front of me. "Get out of my pack right now before I kill you with my own hands. I'll talk to your father about this and he will decide your punishment. After this, you will never-ever enter here again. Never.

Now, Get the fuck out!"

She quickly nodded and scurried off.

As her foot receded and the silence fell around me the reflection of my doom clouded my mind like a veil.
Putting my hands on my head I felt like I am being buried in the ground from the weight of my insanity.

Why didn't I ask about Andrew's mate? Why did I give in so easily to him? Why didn't I question Kyle about his wedding proposal? Why was I so blind to my inability? I have doomed my pack's future with my own hands. This is entirely my fault. I am the one that caused pain to both my sons. I am the root of their doom. I should have asked him about his mate. I should have known that Kyle was not ready. He wasn't ready to be the leader of the pack yet.

"Clark?" Keith's voice reached me, testing me.

"I ruined everything. I killed the future of the pack with my own hands. I am the one who broke the bond. I am the one responsible for all the suffering.

Keith, it was me. Minutes before you found Kyle I was here, right at this place ruining everything. I am the one who broke the bond between Kyle and Andrew and not even once... Not even once did I question the morality of my actions. Not even once did I question the course of all this."

It is Andrew. It is him. Why didn't I heed the alarms when he saw the invitations? It was written all over his face, his entire body was telling me. He was in pain and all I did was add more to it.

I felt two hands on my shoulder trying to lift me. I looked up in the eyes of Keith looking down at me with remorse in them.

"It's all right. You didn't know. It is still not late, we can get Andrew back and reseal the bond between them. You have to be strong Clark, for this is not the time to mourn. Come on we should go and correct our mistake. There is still hope and we should do everything in our hands to reach it."

Max stepped in moving closer to us.
"Clark we need you. Things have escalated too quickly and we need to deal with it as efficiently as possible."

He is right. I need to amend the bonds I have broken. Fix up my mistakes before it is too late and the damage is permanent.
I nodded and stood up.

"Prepare the car and send a troop of warriors to our boundaries siding with Lockwood's pack. Ask them to stay cautious of any activity, we don't know what story she will spin once inside her borders." I commanded in a low voice to Max. He nodded and went on ordering others.

"Keith, I will arrange for someone to help you with this matter and for now just keep Kyle alive. See, if you can reduce the magnitude of pain." The doctor bowed to me in respect before taking his leave.
"And Keith, you are wrong about one thing. Kyle isn't a reject instead it was he who rejected Andrew.
Andrew was here this morning to break the bond which was no doubt to save his wolf from disappearing which also means that if it had been him who rejected Kyle then he didn't need to do it."

Keith nodded "I'll keep that in mind while tending to Kyle." He walked out of the office leaving me alone with sorrow and guilt.

I think it is time for my son to learn some harsh lessons from life. He needs to remember that actions have consequences and he is the sole bearer of them.

Walking out of my office to Kyle's room I linked my wife Emily to meet me in his room.

As I entered his room I saw her already sitting on his bed comforting him as he sat taking support from the headboard.

He is awake, good.

"How are you feeling Kyle?" I asked in a calm voice. I wonder if he can sense my emotions going haywire.

He smiled at that "Better dad but what happened? At one moment I was fine and then I had this unbearable pain in my chest." My jaw clenched at his question but I held myself back.

"Your mate broke the mating bond."

His face turned into a mix of emotions that I just couldn't pinpoint. Though I was hoping for him to act surprised he didn't.

"Broke the Bond? Why would Alia do that?" His mother asked me, disbelief covering her face as she looked at me and then at Kyle.

"Would you answer her or should I?" I asked Kyle who looked down at his hands not replying to my question.

"I know everything Kyle so you are hiding nothing by staying silent." The momentary flick of his eyes at me and the tense muscles told me what I needed to see and confirm.

"Fine then," I looked at her telling myself "Not Alia love but Andrew, Andrew is your son's real mate whom he rejected last night." And very much like us back in the office she sat there shocked looking at him as she could never imagine that her beloved son could do something like this. Soon though anger covered her face and before I could understand what happened a loud crack sounded in the room as she slapped Kyle hard.

His facial expression didn't change but the tightening of his jaw showed how much it affected him.

She grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him. "How could you and why? Why did you do that? Why did you reject your mate? Do you not realise what you have done to your pack?" She was yelling down his ear but there was no remorse on his face.

"Answer her goddamnit!" I yelled at him.

He looked up at me his eyes holding a challenge, not settling well with my wolf. I let him surface baring his fangs at Kyle.

Fortunately, he took the warning and looked away whispering "Because I love Alia not him, I am not a faggot."
As soon as those words left his mouth my rage crossed all the limits. I rushed to him in long steps and lifted him as I punched him hard again, again and again.

I didn't stop until I felt my mates hand on my shoulder stopping me. I looked back at her to see her pleading. The look in her eyes and venting out my anger made me stop the assault.

Dropping him on the bed I stepped back, he was still conscious but painfully bruised.

I mind linked the whole pack to stay away from Kyle and refused the pack doctor Keith to provide any type of medicine to him. Let him suffer the consequence of his actions and heal by himself.

I grabbed Emily by the shoulder and walked to the door of the room but before exiting I spoke my decision. "You have lost the place of the future Alpha. You will not become the alpha, zeta, beta or delta of the pack. You will just be a normal member and I will not release the mate bond from your wolf. You have to live with that pain for all your life if you are unlucky enough that Andrew never returns."

Saying this I walked out as my beta joined me informing me that the car is ready.

I turned to my mate. "Love, we are going to Andrew's house to ask for his forgiveness. I made an unforgivable mistake but we are hoping he will listen to us. Would you like to come?" she nodded agreeing to accompany me. I just hope that he forgives us and if possible then return as the future Zeta of the pack.

We walked to my car and I was just about to sit when I didn't feel the pack bond with Andrew anymore. I searched my heart for a link to him but found nothing. My eyes grew wide at that as I looked at my wife. She also nodded at that feeling the disappearing bond. As fast as possible I sat in my car and drove to Andrew's house, breaking all the rules, I also linked the border guards to start a search for him.

I was praying that what I am thinking hadn't come to true. But my hopes were crushed when upon entering his driveway I found a big lock on his front door and his scent getting weak.

He left, he left us. He had crossed the boundary of our territory and for some bloody reason, I can't get a trace of his scent.

ANDREW.

[A/N]: So how was that. Did you like it? Was it different???

Vote. Comment. Please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 41.6K 58
One more step and my whole life changes. I'll become a rogue, all the connections I have with the pack will be lost. Do I really want to do that? Do...
310K 10.4K 25
Lena Jordan is your typical college girl, working her way through school while getting as much of an education as she can. All she wanted was to get...
2.4M 54.4K 32
Sam was the lonely wallflower of her pack. She was the goodie two shoes that was as innocent as an angel; she never drank or smoked. But when she rea...