Two Sides of The Same Coin: G...

By anonymityisfunwriter

The Grumpy x Sunshine Trope Ft. You and Bucky Barnes (Cross-posted on AO3) This story has a playlist: https:... More

Welcome To New York
State of Grace
Ready for It?
Holy Ground
Wonderland
It's Nice To Have A Friend
The Archer
mad woman
hoax
So It Goes...
Delicate
Mirrorball
We Were Happy
A Place In This World
Everything Has Changed
The Joker And The Queen
I'm Only Me When I'm With You
The Outside
Bad Blood
Nothing New
Safe and Sound
Dancing With Our Hands Tied
You Are In Love
Peace
Invisible String
False God
Exile
Renegade
Out Of The Woods
Long Live
Last Kiss
Come Back...Be Here
Breathe
All Too Well
Don't Blame Me
Evermore
Long Story Short (Epilogue)
Daylight (Epilogue)
Begin Again (Prologue)
Bonus Chapter: Going To The Chapel And They're Gonna Get Married

I Did Something Bad

8.3K 261 68
By anonymityisfunwriter

"Wait," Steve falters, noticing your absence as the chaos of the moment dies down. He sticks his hand out to Wanda, who's assured everyone that she's okay and that there's no need to fuss over her because as terrible as the moment was, you didn't purposely hurt her- she's sure of it. "Where did she go?"

"It's fine, FRIDAY will know where she went," Tony assures him, then proceeds to ask FRIDAY what was your last known location.

And the AI doesn't know.

All FRIDAY knows is you went out the window into the heavily wooded area alongside the compound.

"Sam's going to kill us," Steve exhales, shutting his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Okay, let's not panic," Tony starts. "We just have to find her before Sam gets back and realizes she's gone. Or before she destroys the city or something."

"Are you insane? We need to call Sam and tell him what happened!" Steve hisses, refusing to let Tony talk him into any more terrible ideas.

"Tony, honestly, that was as much our fault as it was hers. Probably even more so," Nat reconciles, immediately siding with Steve.

"And how do you figure that?" Tony sarcastically questions.

"I told you that the training wasn't a good idea, but did you listen? No!" Steve scolds. "I told you she wasn't another one of your experiments, but did that stop you? Of course not."

"Oh like you-"

"Okay, blaming each other isn't going to help find her," Nat interjects. "We're wasting time bickering back and forth when she could be anywhere right now."

"So how do we find her? Those woods are a lot bigger than they seem and I don't know if you've noticed, she's kinda got an edge over us."

"We call Sam," Steve repeats, this time his tone more demanding.

"You want to tell Sam we lost an entire person. Better, you want to tell him how we lost an entire person?"

"Who else would know where she would go?"

"I know who," Steve says, already pulling out his phone.

-

"What the hell happened?" Bucky demands, striding into the conference room looking particularly irate- especially considering all that Steve told him over the phone was that there was an accident, and now you were missing. Furious and worried didn't even begin to describe how Bucky felt.

"Bucky..." Steve says, stepping in front of the Bucky to try and stop him before he kills Tony. "It was an accident."

"An accident?" Bucky glowers, stopping just short of Tony and Steve. "What kind of accident makes a person go missing?"

"If you'd stop yelling we'd show you," Tony retorts, rolling his eyes.

"Show me," Bucky orders. And the footage he sees does nothing to assuage his anger.

"What did you do to her?" Bucky hisses, his head snapping away from the screen to Wanda, who's face is contorted with a guilt-ridden expression.

"What did Wanda do?" Clint challenged, having shown up as the rest of the team were coming through security footage to figure out where you'd run off to.

"I can't believe you called Bucky. He's not doing anything except yelling at me! " Tony seethes.

"He knows her better than all of us," Steve reconciles. "I thought he might know where she might've run off to."

"Well, do you?" Tony snarks. "Or are you just here to defend your girlfriend?"

Bucky ignores Tony's snide comment, taking another step toward the man. "I've been on countless missions with her and she's never done anything like that. Never hurt a single person until Wanda started poking around in her head."

"Bucky's right," Wanda concedes, feeling particularly guilty that she, a seasoned Avenger, got caught up in a simple sparring match. "I pushed too hard- I shouldn't have looked in her head."

"She could've killed you," Clint sneers, more at Bucky than anyone else.

"Fuck off, Clint. You weren't even there!" Bucky shouts.

"And you were?" Clint shoots back.

"You've never even met her!" Bucky counters, turning his ire toward Clint.

"I don't need to meet her to know that she tried to kill Wanda!" Clint continues.

"Clint," Wanda interrupts, lifting a hand to signal to him to back down. "It was an accident. I don't think she was trying to hurt me."

"Is that supposed to make it better?" Clint fumes.

"We got caught up in the moment. We were both out of line."

"If I may, I don't believe the girl meant to cause Wanda any harm," Vision interjects.

"The intent doesn't matter! She did. She hurt Wanda. I don't care who's fault it was or who pushed who, Wanda is the one that was hurt, we can't really be okay with that?" Clint asks the room, only getting more upset when no one backs him up.

"You don't get it," Wanda snaps. "I do- I understand feeling out of control, and you don't. It was not her fault. No one in this room is going to hold this against her or so help me God-"

"Okay," Tony groans. "Now that we've established that it was indeed an accident, maybe we should get back to finding the missing person."

"I'm serious, Clint," Wanda pointedly remarks to Clint, who just grunts in response.

"Great," Bucky sneers. "You two are done being jackasses. Now we still have to find her!"

"Well where do you suggest we look, since you apparently know her better than everyone else?" Clint scoffs.

"You know what?" Bucky exhales, uncrossing his arms and standing up straighter. He takes a step toward Clint, practically sizing the other man up, it's only Steve sticking his arms between the two men that keeps them separated. "Screw you. I'm going to go find her and you guys can tell Sam how you lost her in the first place."

Steve and Tony both watch as Bucky storms off in the general direction that you disappeared in. Tony sighs, "Yeah, Sam's going to kill us."

"I'm back!" Sam calls, throwing his jacket on the couch as he walks past the threshold. "How'd it go?"

"Sam," Steve winces, absolutely dreading the moment he has to tell his friend that he lost someone they were both supposed to keep safe.

Sam's smile slowly drops, seeing the serious look on Steve and Tony's face. "Where is she?"

"Sam, there was a little bit of an incident."

"What?" Sam deadpans. "What kind of incident? Is she okay?"

"She's fine, physically. But... we kind of lost her," Steve anxiously admits.

"You what?" Sam shouts. "What kind of incident makes you lose a whole person, Steve?"

"It might be easier if we show you."

And when the clip is done playing, Sam is furious. Right on par with how furious Bucky was. "Is Wanda okay?" Sam asks, his voice barely loud enough for even Steve to hear.

"Yeah, she's fine," Steve quietly responds. "Sam, we're really-"

"Have you two lost your minds?" Sam says, his voice just above an eerie whisper. "We're moving in here- in a week. One week. And you two do this?"

"We're really-"

"I leave you alone for four hours," Sam continues, talking right over Steve as his voice gets progressively louder. "Four hours! And not only did you cause her and her powers to spiral, you lost her! You've lost an entire person!"

"In our defense-" Tony starts.

"Zip it," Sam snaps. "You- you two know better. I entrusted her to you, not only my asset, but my friend. I trusted you to watch her and instead, you two throw her into a training room without proper supervision."

"We were watching her."

"Really?" Sam rhetorically asks, crossing his arms. "Did you stop the training once you saw it get out of hand?"

"We didn't know-"

"She doesn't know!" Sam booms, his fist tightly clenched as he tries to remind himself that the two men in front of him are also his friends and coworkers- and that punching them in the face would probably not help the situation. "She doesn't know her limits. She doesn't understand that her power has limits. You two do! I introduced you to her because I thought the team might help her understand those limits, but instead you used her as some sick form of entertainment."

"It wasn't like that," Steve insists, guilt still twisting at his stomach.

Sam holds his hand up, effectively cutting off the conversation. His first priority was finding you- he could yell at them later. "I'm not done yelling at you, but I need to go find her."

Steve nods. "Bucky's been out looking along with Nat and Wanda. She went into the woods through an open window."

"Great. I'm sure that's going to make it so much easier to find her." He turns, snatching up his jacket. As Sam's about to walk out of the door, he turns back to Tony, a threatening look in his eye, "And if I ever see you yell at her like that again, we're going to have bigger problems than this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 72 3
Reader and Steve have been dating for some time. One day Steve leaves for a mission. A moment between Bucky and reader might disturb the order of thi...
6.3K 172 17
She was a simple nurse, sent to be the aid and care to the Hydra experiment James Barnes. After caring for him she finds her self slowly falling in l...
49.5K 1.3K 27
"So now that you've stopped fighting, what do you want?" "Peace." *bucky barnes x oc* *set during TFATWS - diverges from plot* *18+ warning - specif...
9.1K 488 63
Grumpy x Sunshine Drabbles with a hint of outtakes from Two Sides of The Same Coin