Soulmates ✓

By poojawrites

||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| [Wattys Bootcamp Mentorship 2022 - Mentor: @beautlies] Three Amigos. Two soulmates... More

Summary + Author's Note
Cast
Epigraph
01 | The Beginning
02 | The Tripathi Situation
03 | Under The Moonlight
04 | A Promise Of Togetherness
05 | These Beautiful Moments
06 | To Be Loved
07 | Forever Promises
08 | Soul-Crashed
09 | Liquid Heartbreak
10 | Under The Moonlight - 2
11 | The Scars Are Fresh
12 | If I Stay
13 | Walk Away
14 | Accept It
15 | We're In It Together
16 | The Empty Crevices - Part One
17 | The Empty Crevices - Part Two
18 | A Game Of Deception
Ghosts; The Lost Wish
19 | Healing; One Scar At A Time
20 | Not Only In Grief
21 | The Guilt You Wear
22 | Feel Alive
23 | The Choice
24 | Letting Go
25 | The Falling
26 | A Song Of Broken Souls
28 | Yours Truly
Epilogue | Forever
Epilogue | Dear Aarav

27 | Soulmates (Content Advisory)

521 49 2
By poojawrites

It takes him two months to fully recover from the injuries. Ryan has a fresh set of scars on his body and one more traumatic incident to haunt his dreams. But now Shay is there to pull him out of those nightmares just like he is there for her. They are healing one scar at a time.

She stands in his guest bedroom and runs her hands down the heavy silk fabric of her teal mermaid gown. His company's 25th Anniversary celebration party has been on hold, and tonight is the event night.

Shay can't believe it was Ryan who chose this dress for her. It has been sitting in her dresser for two months, and now that she finally wears it, she has the urge to burst right through his bedroom door and kiss him breathlessly. It's just so pretty. The fitted V-neckline gives her some teasing cleavage, topping it off with a form-fitting bodice that bares her shoulder blades. The skirt has soft ruffles cascading waist down. She looks like a literal princess, and her prince is showering just across the hallway.

Ever since he got discharged from the hospital, Shay has not left his side even for a day. She can't afford any more tragedies in her life.

They share the same bed every night, hopping between her place and his. The only time they are apart is when they go to their respective workplaces. He never misses to wine and dine her or take her to fancy restaurants or introduce her to his circle, which isn't so big anyway.

There've been a lot of hospital visits to make sure he's fine physically and a bunch of therapy sessions, including grief counseling that they both needed for a long time. Now, when Shay thinks about it, her life would be a lot brighter if she had regarded her mental health condition before. But as they say, it's never too late for anything. He is mending his bond with his father. Shay is opening up to her parents more, and one of these days plans to tell them about her plans with Ryan. Is she still not sure about it? In most regards, she is. But Shay wants to live her newfound peace a little longer. She deserves it. So does Ryan.

There's a photo of Aarav in her dresser, the one with her head against his chest and him kissing her hair. She mourns him sometimes at night when Ryan is asleep. And she has seen Ryan do the same. Maybe he has seen her, too. It is the only secret they keep from each other.

Maybe, that is why they have fallen into a less intimate relationship, where they share subtle kisses and comfortable touches but not a passionate make-out or steamy sex. Shay is not the one to complain. They have years to catch up on each other's lives, and she genuinely enjoys being with him, talking, sharing stories, and reliving their friendship.

That doesn't mean there is no shimmering heat between them. Shay can feel it in the way he steals her breath every time they are close. It is evident they both have been ready to fully commit to each other for quite some time now, just waiting for the right moment. And as she looks up and catches his reflection in the mirror, she knows maybe tonight is the night.

He leans against the doorframe behind her, his chin down, damp hair swept back except that one strand falling over his forehead in a sexy laze, one hand in the pocket of his dress pants, the other holding the tux jacket. And the necktie hanging loosely around his neck. His raw masculine aura is her undoing. The slight upward tug of his lips into a sexy scowl is all too irresistible.

"Give me two minutes. I need to..." Shay moves to pick up the earrings on her dressing table.

"Wait."

She freezes under his gruff demand, pinned by the effect of his burning gaze, and that is how she stays as he covers the distance between them in a few long strides. Shay releases a sigh as his presence engulfs her, his familiar cologne filling her senses, and his warm breath tickles her earlobes when he leans in.

"You're breathtaking." He doesn't move, but his steady eye contact on the mirror and his heated breathing against her exposed neck are all it takes to make her breathless.

"How did you know teal is my favorite color?" Shay drags a hand through her hair and gives him a small smile.

He places his chin on her shoulder and wraps his arms around her waist, still looking at her through the mirror. "I've memorized every little detail about you. You never have to doubt how much I'm invested in us."

She shags against his body with her back resting on his chest, and Shay can feel his heartbeat, her favorite rhythm. It feels like a lifetime to have this kind of connection, almost like their souls are bound together.

She is learning acceptance at its best. Acceptance that this moment is momentary, that no matter how much she wants to hold on to nothing can pause the sand in the hourglass. So, all she can do is live while she still can and enjoy the moment at hand while it lasts. Shay's accepting the loss. She's okay with the pain and working through their imperfections. After all, they are mortals, not gods or invincible. But she is ready to embrace the risks and grief because it's worth it if it means a future with him. No matter how small their happily ever after will be.

"I'm invested in us, too. Can you feel it?" Shay takes his hand and places it over her heart, pinning him full force with her determined gaze. She might have been unsure about falling in love again, but she has no doubt, now that she has already fallen into this man with a grumpy exterior and sad eyes.

He flattens his palm over her heart, counting each beat, and closes his eyes. Shay does the same. She has no idea how many heartbeats they sync together, but she feels happy. Because right at this moment, they are together and alive. It's a gift you never give away.

"I feel it, Shay. I feel us with every beat of my heart." He presses a chaste kiss on top of her head.

She leans back and tilts her head to peer up into his ink-black eyes. "I never thought I could feel it again, the butterflies, the fuzziness in my heart and so very alive. Tell me it's not a dream."

"It's real, Shay. I'm not letting you go, ever." He twists her in place, her palms flat on his chest, caressing the soft fabric of his crisp white button-up, and savors the rhythmic pound of his heart. "You make me the happiest person alive, and I won't trade this feeling with anything else."

"Ain't we getting late for the party?" Shay smiles and strokes the trimmed hair on his nape, marveling at the soft texture.

"Everything else can wait but not what I need to tell you." Ryan leans back to stare at her face, curving his lips in a smile, a rare one. He places a thumb under her chin and tilts her head enough to gaze at her mouth. "I love you, Shay."

Her breath hitches and Shay blinks up at his calm face. He can not just say things like that and pretend to be normal. Shay tightens her arms around him, burying her face in his neck.

"I can't believe you said that as if-"

"As if?" Ryan trails his finger over her cheek and tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"As if you've been living this love for ages. It isn't something you've just realized."

"That's because I feel exactly like that."

He bends down to capture her mouth in a passionate kiss. Every trembling brush of their lips carries an unspoken promise to be each other's happy song when days are black, and their hearts are blue. The mingling taste of their tongues shares the secrets, which they might otherwise not be able to let out, but they know it's something they are too weak to confess. Each breathless sound at the back of their throat tells a tale of promises and vows that this thing between them is worth fighting.

Their hearts, pounding with the same rhythm, breaths mingling into a timeless harmony, fingers clutching and heads tilting to reach deeper into the souls. Here nothing else matters, no grief, no regret or haunting past, just a happy place where soulmates, either destined or the one we choose, entwine together for a forever dance. This kiss defines a bond that runs through her veins and itches underneath her skin. She wants to hold, protect and preserve this feeling forever.

His hands are everywhere, igniting every part of her skin, exposed or otherwise, and she knows there's no stopping this time.

"I think...we should hit the road." He pants against her mouth. "The party-"

"The party can wait." Shay doesn't want this moment to end. She needs to feel this connection, live in it and savor it for the rest of her life. Life. It has taught her one thing for sure - Nothing is certain. This moment is all you have. So, live it like there's no tomorrow. "I want this, Ry."

Shay needs him emotionally, mentally, and physically. Shay wants to embrace all of him. Ryan is her rock. He is her anchor, her escape from grief, and her light at the end of the dark tunnel. She needs his comfort, his touch. But more than that, it's the way he has his arms wrapped around her like she is all he needs, all he wants and how his fingers set a trail of liquid passion on her skin. She absolutely can not live without it, even for a second.

And then he calms her senses down through a long, breathless kiss, holding the back of her head in the most affectionate way. He pulls her towards his body so that she can feel his heated flesh and hard muscles. "Baby, I want you to know that I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here. I need you to breathe for me, okay?"

Shay realizes she is not okay. Her mind is consumed in fear of loss again and hyperventilating. Is this normal? Even if it's not, Ryan is there to make it okay. Not because he is the fix to her broken soul but simply because that's what he is good at doing. Ryan is unwavering, relentless, caring, and always looks out for his loved ones. And maybe he blames himself for failing that one time, but he is still him. Above all, Ryan loves Shay and is there for her. Even when he knows a part of her soul will always be in love with Aarav.

Shay breathes against his neck, taking in his familiar scent and holding him tightly. They have to do this more often than kissing and sharing beds. It almost feels like their souls are making love.

And then Ryan picks her up in his arms, her face still buried in his neck, and carries her out of the guest room. He heads towards his bedroom with her dress trailing behind in a train of soft teal ruffles and his tux jacket left on the floor.

Ryan lowers her onto his bed. Shay relishes the smell of his cologne and the detergent that lingers in all his clothes. He stays hovering over her, drinking in her impatient, breathless self, and then places his forehead against her to murmur, "I need to be at the party, but you're so impatient, and this raw desire in your eyes is so fucking hot that it can wait."

Shay grins and pulls him close to her. "You know I've waited too long for this moment. Plus, you look super hot in this tux, and I can't resist you."

"But your dress needs to go. May I?" He holds her gaze with his thumb brushing the strap of her dress on her shoulder. As soon as she gives a soft nod, he traces the outlines of her collarbone with his finger, moves a hand to her back, and pulls down the zipper of her dress. The bodice comes next, and before Shay gets a chance to unhook the buttons of his shirt, he does it for her. Shay watches him, staring and consuming his rugged masculine beauty as he strips his shirt, the muscle on his stomach flexing as he peels the material off, followed by the pants, leaving him in his boxer briefs. Shay can see how much effect she has on him.

This is it. This is the moment.

As nervousness dances across her face, Ryan climbs back onto the bed, and she reaches up to pull him to herself, holding his face in her hands, seeking comfort in his touch. "Shay, we can wait if you're not ready," he whispers gently against her shoulder, scraping his teeth lightly on her skin and sending shivers down her spine.

"No more waiting please." Shay breathes against his lips and gives him a firm nod when he gazes up into her eyes. They've been doing this dance for so long, and now there's no denial, just pure, unfiltered acceptance.

Then he's working the teal mermaid dress out of her body, along with any other piece of clothing that came in the way. Shay rolls to her back once they are bare, both skin and soul. Ryan climbs up her body, kissing and licking his way to her mouth.

Heat cascades down her body as she parts her lips to let him reach the depth of her mouth while she tastes him. The soft sheets brush against her skin as she arches into his touch. Shay breaks away from his mouth to kiss down his jaw and gets lost in the salty flavor of his skin while he leans over to dig into his drawer for something.

She can't stop smiling and biting her lip as his fingers fumble with the silver packet to rip it open and roll it on in a smooth move. "You seem a little impatient yourself."

"You turn me into a very impatient man," he murmurs against her hip bone, placing a few butterfly kisses before wedging his shoulders between her legs and positioning her for his taking.

And man, does he take her. Every flick of his tongue and every tweak of his finger send her into a writhing, moaning, mindless soul, turning her bones liquid and setting her skin ablaze. Her fingers dive into the softness of his hair and tug them every so often, awarding herself one of his throaty groans.

She releases his soft locks and moves her hands over the broadness of his shoulders and taut muscles on his back. His hands move higher from the back of her thighs to worship every dip and curve until his soft palms have a gentle hold on her small breasts, teasing the aroused peaks most gently. Then, she feels it the way she has never felt before, almost like her insides are set on fire and she's falling off the edge, the thrill, the tingles, and the ultimate out-of-the-body experience. Once is not enough, and he spends another few minutes pushing her over the edge again.

When he finally moves up her body, leaving butterfly kisses along her heated skin, there's that rarest, most endearing smile on his face. Shay has never seen him smile this happy smile before. He frames her face in his palms and kisses her cheek tenderly. "God, you make me ridiculously happy. I want this feeling to last forever."

"Good, because I'm keeping you with me forever." Shay grabs hold of the side of his face and brings his mouth back to hers. Tasting herself off his lips is something that she never knew could turn her on so much that he doesn't have to work himself in.

"Shay," he groans her name, nibbling the skin on her neck as hips shift to ease the tip of his hardness inside her, not nearly enough. He tangles his fingers with hers and holds their hands on the pillow next to her head. The angry veins lining his neck and biceps shows how much struggle it is for him to lose himself completely in her.

Ryan doesn't need to hesitate, but he does, and maybe, Shay knows the reason. So, she untangles her hands and holds his face to whisper against his quivering lips, "It's okay, Ry. I want this." Her eyelids turn heavy due to the haze of love and desire surrounding her soul. "I want all of you. You don't have to hold back anymore."

Her words ease out the restraint from him and slowly align their bodies together. He imprisons her in a hazy rush of passion, capturing her lips, delving deeper into her mouth to taste her.

Then something snaps in him, the moment her hands move down his body to feel where he sinks inside, fitting their bodies together with an agonizingly slow rhythm. There's no urgency. Ryan moves languidly, heavily stroking along her inner walls, groaning with her, their lips seeking and hands running down their sweat-glazed skin. Every cell in her body ignites, and her chest fills with pure ecstasy of love, lust, and promises of a soul-deep connection as their tongues collide and dance in dominion.

One of his hands leans over her head to take a firm hold of the headboard, and Shay has to bite his shoulder hard with the sudden rush of pleasure that sweeps through her as his strokes turn hasty and desperate. The man has to be the literal beast when he loses control, but Shay knows even in this state, he is in control. The constant unwavering eye contact confirms her theory.

He is the man who makes her happy. And she loves him with every part of her soul, now and forever. He is inside her heart and soul, exactly where he belongs.

His breath, hot and heavy on her lips, murmuring her name with starving thrusts, losing himself in her. His deep groans rumble inside his chest, and she can feel it against her skin. Ryan releases his hold on the headboard and holds her waist instead, his rhythm accelerating.

"Shay, come with me," he moans, kissing her neck and running a hand down her body to where they are connected.

"I-I love you, Ry," Shay gasps as his confession turns his thrusts more rigid. And then when she opens her eyes to meet his, he crashes hard, so hard that her breath leaves in a rush.

She hears a light rustling of sheets as Ryan snatches a pillow from the side and places it above her head, and before she has the chance to read his mind or catch her breath, her entire body is jarred upward with each thrust, and all that leaves her mouth are broken whimpers. Ryan is done holding back and losing himself in her.

Between her whimpers that turn into yeses and then turn into his name with the rhythm of his hips, her head comes in contact with the pillow saving her head from the headboard, and she knows Ryan can lose control of himself but never enough to sabotage her in any sense. His body pressed against hers, his mouth pressing fiery kisses to her breasts, taking the hardened bud in his mouth and rolling it while drilling deep into her.

He rolls into her slowly, drawing her release longer, moving in a sinuous rhythm, his hands flat on the bed next to her head. Oh, god, it's too intense. Shay turns her head to the side and bites his iron forearm as she comes, with his name constantly falling off her lips and her nails digging hard on his back. Not long after, Ryan chases his release, sending another wave of pleasure and a rush of pure unguarded love so powerful that she struggles to breathe past it. But he is there. He is there to envelop her in his tender caresses and wrap strong arms around her to prevent her from breaking apart.

As Shay tries to catch her breath and recover from this frenzy, Ryan whispers against her lips, "Say it again."

Though she figures what he means, she plays dumb to tease him. "Say what?"

"What you've just said."

Shay looks into his eyes, hoping to reach the depths of his soul, and whispers back, "I love you, Ryan Tripathi."

"It feels like I have waited to hear your love declaration for a lifetime," he whispers breathlessly against her collarbones, then takes her mouth, gifting her a raw, passionate kiss.

"I promise to say that more often." She releases a moan as he places a kiss on her heart.

"Every day?"

"For as long as we are alive."

A part of her will always be in grief and longing. There's no cure to that, and Shay accepts it. Maybe they both will always be in the process of healing.

But when they are lost in each other, holding hands and sharing touches, they feel less broken and more alive.

Almost like they are soulmates.

***

So, we've almost reached the end. This is the steamiest chapter of "Soulmates" and I hope it was worth the wait.

Thank you so much for taking out your time to read this story! On this note, I will post another chapter and an epilogue, as I want the ending to be as fulfilling as possible. Please add the book to your reading list, vote, comment and share your thoughts on it, if any.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 735 10
Some get love... Some won't... Sometimes love heals... Sometimes love breaks... Some love stories have a happy ending... Some won't... Some love stor...
9.5K 1.3K 25
⊰ The Wattys 2021 Shortlist ⊱ ⊰ Winner of the Wattpad India Awards 2020 Fantasy and Adventure ⊱ ; Two brave hearts emerged from the tragedy- one a sa...
37.3K 2.2K 31
*Not just a Fan fiction* I saw Aaliya hug aunty and cry, and I felt like something burned my heart. It disturbed me to look at her that way. Why is i...
3K 193 29
you must have heard many stories about how two people who are forced to marry become lover of eternity and then, there is a villainess who is also hi...