a mother's protection spell

Oleh adognumber1

Cinder fall was never supposed to hear that cry that day. She was never supposed to make that deal. Now she i... Lebih Banyak

A red rose in the flame
Red like flames that fill my dreams
The vale of lies disappear
The flaming rose of vengeance
A beacon of hope? Or despair?
In the heat of battle
Burning heart warm the cold
A burning passion for knowledge
A trip to the callows
A chance encounter with destiny
An illusory fang. A real difference
Aria of a flame. Burning brighter
An icy resolve. A mother's fire
Embers burn bright. A flame to behold
A fool's errand. A lovely host
It's a start. Some just want to watch it burn
Time to say goodbye. The storm is growing deadly
A point where it tips. A point where it breaks
Couldn't take it. Couldn't stand another minute
One winged raven. And nevermore
A qrow and raven walk into a bar
Boiling point.
A day in the life
Here comes the dawn.
The ice winds come in.
the winds still, and the cold chills
a framework of lies
A mother's flame vs An heiress's cold resolve!
a mother's story. a daughters story

Newsflash. Damage control

91 3 0
Oleh adognumber1

A/N called raven the summer maiden sry my mistake.

Cinder pov

"Uh oh, this is bad." Roman walked over saying. "What?" She showed him the headline on her scroll. (Newsflash! Local vacuo couple the scarlatinas arrested for child abuse, reckless endangerment and neglect. Human and faunus hate issues are at an all time high, will the white fang strike us down in cold blood?) He pulled away saying. "Isn't the velvet girl named scarlatina?" Cinder nodded. "What do you need me to do Cinder?" She looked at him, and said. "Take neo, kali, ruby, blake and ghira to the beach. Let me take em, and velvet."

He nodded. "I'll take the bimbos too." He was referring to heather and alice, she didn't like that she turned him against them. But he insisted that if she was his girlfriend now, then he'd stick with her. A fact which pleased her to no small degree. "Got it, play nice though." He grinned his signature grin, saying. "Oh, i'm the nicest guy ever sweetheart." Then he left. "Idiot." Cinder said, smiling

After getting to velvets room, cinder knocked lightly. "It's me girls can i come in?" There was a squeal and after some movement they said. ""Come in!"" Cinder entered and found them in very forced natural positions. "What are you hiding. If you tell me now, there won't be any punishment. Take it or leave it." They looked panicked, and velvet said. "It was my idea!" Followed by emerald exclaiming. "Don't listen to her it was mine!" Cinder thought. 'ha i taught emerald well' Cinder then said. "Okay girls, out with it."

Emerald hesitated, then produced a brown baby bunny with a missing, bandaged leg and a blind white eye with a scratch over the brow. With tears in her eyes she said. "We snuck out last night to play, and we came across her." Cinder held her hands out, and took the injured creature. "She has a missing leg, like ruby and an eye that's different like neo, she's dark like me, a bunny like velvet and her good eye is gold like blake." Cinder smiled saying. "And you thought?" Velvet replied. "We thought she'd make a great mascot."

Cinder held the shaking little creature, and said. "Girls, i'm very disappointed in you." They both looked sad and ashamed, and cinder said. "Because we need to get her food and a cage." They looked so shocked and they asked simultaneously. ""We can keep her!"" Cinder said, while smirking. "Yeah, i'm not a heartless bitch. You did the right thing." They both ran and hugged her, and emerald said. "Thank you mom!" Cinder bent down and said. "Velvet i actually came to tell you something. It's gonna be kinda scary though okay?"

The girl looked confused and said. "Okay, what's going on miss fall?" Cinder gave her the scroll and waited a few minutes. The girl dropped the scroll and ran to the bed crying. Cinder looked at emerald and signed. [guard the door] Emerald nodded and left. She walked over towards the girl, and just layed on her bed beside her. Velvet turned and hugged cinder while sobbing. "I don't wanna leave miss cinder. I don't want anyone else, why can't they just fix my parents!" Cinder hurt deep inside. 'YOU POSSESS GREAT TRAUMA YOUNG CINDER, YET YOU PERSEVERE, WHY?' Cinder responded mentally. 'because if i stop i might become something evil. or worse hurt my family'

The deep almost ethereal reverberating mental voice replied. 'I WAS A GREAT EVIL ONCE, BUT... OVER MILLENIA OF MY SOUL BEING PASSED TO ONE PERSON, THEN THE NEXT. IT MADE ME FEEL... INSIGNIFICANT, I SHARE A HIVE MIND WITH ALL THE INFINITE ME'S ACROSS THE MULTIVERSE. YOU ARE MY FAVORITE HOST THUS FAR OF THE ONE'S I'VE SEEN' She smiled and thought. 'thank you zarathos, maybe we could use that to help velvet'

"My real mama and daddy never even gave me a chance you know. I never got to know why they gave me up." That got velvets attention, and she asked. "Do you want to?" Cinder lied, and said. "No, you see... sometimes it's better for a kid to take some time to grow up." She sat up saying. "Listen up velvet, i want to make you a promise okay? I will do everything in my power to give your mama the tools to get help." Velvet responded. "Really!? You'd do that for me?" Cinder nodded and said. "But! If she doesn't use them, then you will have to live with it, it's the worst feeling in the world... trust me i know. But if she won't fight for you or herself, then she was never your mom."

Cinder continued. "Just think about that alright? Now, let's go get this cage!" Velvet smiled and hugged her saying. "I wish you could be my mom." Cinder laughed and said. "If i was, my headmaster would kill me." That did the trick of making velvet laugh, and then they left for the pet store.

Cinder pov pet store

After they got the cage with the workout wheel, they left the store. "Miss fall, can i hold your hand?" Cinder didn't like it, but she said with a fake smile. "Yeah, of course you can." Emerald noticed this, and asked. "Hey mom?" Cinder looked at her, and emerald signed. [why are you forcing a smile?] Cinder falterd. 'she knows my fake smile! that's going to be dangerous moving forward' Cinder replied. [i don't like touching people. you kids and roman are the exception. but she needs this, no matter how i feel]

Emerald smiled and said. "I love you velvet, me and mom both do. She doesn't even like holding hands and yet she does for you!" Velvet looked shocked, and cinder looked betrayed but emerald smirked and said. "We won't let anyone hurt you, ever. I'm gonna get you a scroll so that you can give the team status updates everyday!" Cinder replied. "Um with what money!?" Emerald gave her a Torchwick grin and said. "With this money." As she produced a wallet that was stuffed with lein. "Where did you get that kind of money?" Emerald responded. "We kind of looted some bodies when we fought those infected faunus."

Cinder replied. "I don't know if i should be proud or disappointed... i'll settle for neutral. Fine we can get velvet a scroll, but you just have to but it. I'll deal with the monthly payment." Just then her scroll went off. "Huh? Why's qrow calling me? Girls why don't you run ahead i need to take this." They said. ""Okay!"" And ran ahead.

She hit answer. "Hello?" He replied. "Hey firework how's school?" Cinder snapped. "Don't call me firework! Only roman can!" He said. "Woah! okay geez, just trying ta break the ice." Cinder replied. "What do you need old bird?" Qrow said. "Ouch, i'm only 29. But anyway, i wanted to let ya know that i'm gonna be fostering the bunny kid." Cinder indignantly replied. "Her name is velvet, and why? What's your end game?" He chuckled and replied. "Paranoid much." She then said. "Yeah considering ruby just lost her legs! And it was because some monster grimm machine thing, wanted the fall maiden!" He then seriously said. "Oh my gods is she okay? Do you need me there in case of more attacks?"

"Yeah probably! But who wanted me dead qrow!?" He hesitated but ultimately said. "Look, talk to my sister, she'll have more to tell you about this then i can. But i'm on my way, stay safe and stick close to the belladonna's." Cinder relaxed a bit at his reassuringly gruff voice, saying. "Okay qrow, but ozpin better tell me everything after i come home. And i mean everything." He then finished. "If he's smart he will, i'll back you up, and maybe raven will too. But i need to stop by beacon academy, and grab some things and then we will be there in no time."

Cinder then said. "Heh, drinks on me if you get here soon." He chuckled and said. "Cheers to that!" He then hung up, and cinder texted roman (Qrow will be fostering velvet apparently, how is my pyro gem?) Then a moment later roman replied (Weird, thought he'd never be the type to care for a kid, well i thought the same for me i suppose. She's been doing fine, she's using her semblance to fish with me on the docks. Our daughter is a natural born hustler!) Cinder smiled and sent (Like father like daughter Mr Torchwick, make sure she's making money or generating goodwill with the people.) He sent (Yeah yeah, we know party pooper, have a good shopping trip!)

Cinder then looked up at the sky for a moment, feeling the breeze. Smelling the salty air, feeling the heat of the sun on her skin and taking a deep calming breath. "Wow, it really is peaceful here. Maybe i'll retire here when i'm 70." She then slapped her cheeks saying. "But now is not the time to stop and smell the roses!" And then she went to find the girls. She found them eating some snacks by a food cart, upon noticing her emerald said. "Oh! Hey mom! We got her the most durable scroll and case lein could buy! She's kind of a clutz." Velvet blushed and smacked her saying. "No i'm not! I just trip and drop things sometimes."

Cinder laughed saying. "That's what a clutz would say." Velvet looked betrayed and emerald giggled, cinder then said. "So i found out who's gonna be your foster guardian, they're coming here to talk with me." Velvet shrank down a little and said. "Who is it?" Cinder kindly knelt down and said. "It's a man i actually trust and respect, he does drink alcohol like your parents. But he's never mean just really silly and funny. His name is qrow." Velvet asked. "Qrow? Is he a faunus?" Cinder smirked and said. "Nope, just a big fan of bird's i guess." She then got up, and looked at all the happy kids around here enjoying the beautiful city, and the lovely wooden houses. "Hey let's go find somewhere to get you girls something nice, my treat!" They both exclaimed. ""Really! Let's go then!"" And so cinder enjoyed the rest of her day with emerald and velvet in the shopping district.

Qrow branwen pov, beacon academy

He transformed out of his bird form and sprinted past a lot of confused first year students. And he finally saw glynda. "Glyn! We have a problem! Meet us in the tower!" She looked shocked then determined and nodded. After a few more minutes of running through the long winding halls of the academy and got into ozpins tower followed shortly by goodwitch.

"What's the emergency qrow?" Asked ozpin clearly certain that only an emergency would summon the wandering drinker. "Cinder was attacked and almost killed." Glynda replied. "What!? Is she alright!?" It was no secret that goodwitch took a very quick shine to the young girl, almost seeing her as a daughter figure. But gods help anyone who said that outloud to her. "Yes cinder is fine." Glynda relaxed slightly. "Oh thank the gods." Qrow hated the next thing he said. "Ruby isn't though."

Glynda paled and ran over and grabbed his shoulders with obvious tears in her eyes and demanded. "What happened! Tell me!" Ozpin said. "Glynda! Calm yourself!" She turned around and made to lounge at the man, but qrow held her shoulder and said. "She jumped in at the last moment saving her mother's life, and her legs were severed by their attacker. Cinder managed to beat it after the fact, but she's clearly terrified and upset that she doesn't know the whole truth, oz." Glynda actually started crying a bit but kept strong and said. "We must do something professor ozpin!" He looked toward glynda and said. "Miss goodwitch, as much as i wish too, there isn't anything i can do to help young miss fall."

Glynda replied. "Are you serious! She's not even five! And you can't do anything! Why!?" Ozpin stood and turned away saying. "Unfortunately if i did give her aid, then i'd be acknowledging that what happened was an attack on beacon academy students. Loss of limb insurance is only for those admitted to our academy. As of right now miss fall isn't a student, her mother is but she was not injured as ruby was." Glynda exclaimed. "With all due respect sir, that girl has papers saying that she is to be given admission to beacon academy, why can't that suffice?"

Qrow said. "Because atlas and the SDC won't give a prosthetic to someone who isn't a true student at the huntsman schools, we could fight it with them but..." Ozpin finished. "It would only serve to breed discourse between james and the schnees. A point which we have been trying to fix for years." He turned towards her and continued.  "But say we do fight it, do you think jauqe schnee is willing to give a new set of legs to an avid supporter of the white fang, and the daughter of the girl who humiliated his daughter and set their stock prices down eighteen percent?"

Glynda replied quietly. "So all this, just because you jauqe and james think your petty dick measuring contest is more important then a little girl who can no longer walk or maybe even use her semblance?" Ozpin sighed and said. "I'm sorry glynda but in the grand scheme of things one little girls legs aren't worth rising more issues with ironwood and the schnees. my hands are tied." Glynda curtly replied. "I see, well then... what else did you need Mr branwen?" Qrow was unnerved by glynda's attitude, but said. "I'm going there with my sister, to help give a lose guard against more threats against the maidens."

Ozpin looked tense and said. "Why would the spring maiden want to meet the fall maiden?" Qrow actually shot a glare saying. "To teach her how to use her powers, you know to protect her daughters maybe?" Qz still looked uneasy. "My sister is many things professor, but a cold blooded killer is not one of them." Oz replied. "Yes, of course. I'm sorry qrow, you may leave. You as well miss goodwitch." And the two left, qrow turned to glynda and asked the 38 year old woman. "You okay glyn?" She was shaking with anger, but replied through gritted teeth. "Yes, i'm okay thank you mister branwen." He nodded and said. "Ya know it's a mighty shame beacon can't help ruby, but maybe grandma glynda can."

She looked surprised and said. "Do you know anyone in atlas qrow?" He slyly passed her a number saying. "I'm qrow mother fucking branwen, of course i know a guy." She actually hugged him, he returned the gesture, then she threatened him saying. "But call me grandma one more time and i'll break your wings with my semblance, understand?" He felt a cold sweat and said. "Yes ma'am sorry ma'am." Then she let go and said. "Good, and tell your sister i truly do miss her and her willingness to tutor and learn." He smirked while opening a window saying. "A little birdy told me, that she feels the same way." And on the window was a black bird that cawed at her.

Glynda goodwitch pov

Glynda smiled and waved, then said. "Fly fast and fly well." He nodded and jumped out the window and suddenly two black birds flew away towards the horizon. "Good luck you two, and no matter what happens. Keep moving forward." Then she closed the window and proceeded to call the number he gave her. "Hello? Yes this is glynda goodwitch. I'm calling to order a pair of cybernetic legs, they're gonna be for a five year old girl. Yes below the knees, money isn't an issue. Yes, 4 months? Alright thank you. Oh a name? Um Ruby fall. Yes i'm her... grandmother. Alright thank you send it to the belladonna household in menagerie."

And with that glynda hung up, and said to herself. "It's kinda nice feeling like i have a family." Glynda started tearing up remembering what the doctor told her all those years ago.

Glynda goodwitch pov 19 years ago

"Yes i'm at the doctor now, don't worry it's just a cheek up. Hey i gotta hang up now bye babe." Said the 19 year old third year student of beacon academy. The doctor said. "Miss goodwitch, i have some sad news." That made the young girl confused, so she asked. "What is it?" The doctor said. "It um, it turns out your womb is an inhospitable environment. So the chances of pregnancy is practically nonexistent. I'm really sorry." She was confused and in shock, she asked. "Wha-what? You, you have to have made a mistake! We are trying right now. My boyfriend wants a family! You had to have made a mistake!"

The doctor said. "I'm sorry miss goodwitch, but that's not something that will ever change. There is always adoption and other options, why not discuss this with your boyfriend. And try to take some time to yourself."

The weeks after weren't much better, her relationship started to stagnate and she was trying her best to not fail at any of her classes, until that one day. No less then two months later, she caught him with another woman in her bed no less. They broke up, and she broke down, then the headmaster asked her to take a year and come back as a teacher for combat classes.

Glynda pov 4 years ago

It was the hardest time of her entire life, and it wouldn't get any better until the year after she learned her prized student was killed and her baby died as well. Then everything in her entire life changed when she met her. Cinder fall a young street rat who was running around in her former students robes, and using her license as well. This impetuous young teenager was also a mother of two and was able to beat her in combat. Granted with the use of maiden powers but still glynda always believed she could stand toe to toe with the maidens, hell ozpin even said so.

Maybe that was what made glynda start rigorously training again even though she was only 34, she wished to be the best, and not be beaten by some young fiery upstart! But after cinders first combat classes glynda noted the way cinder could overpower young shasta but also that after beating her with ease, she didn't even use her semblance to fight the entirety of team IICE not to mention that she put headphones on! 'oh i'm starting to like this kid!' Thought glynda. That's when she started truly appreciating cinder more and more, eventually even giving her one on one lessons and access to the combat gym. She finally felt like she could leave a legacy behind with cinder if she taught her well.

Glynda pov present

"Heh, man i'm getting sentimental in my old age, but let's hope ruby appreciates the gift." And then she left smiling at the feeling of family that she now had with the young cinder and her daughters.

Author's notes
Hello everyone! It's been a crazy ride 21 chapter's! And over 500 reads and 10 votes you all are absolutely amazing! This started as a hobby to distract myself from an upcoming surgery. Then i kept at it during recovery and it was and still is a great passion project! If i could at least distract you from the crazy world for a moment and maybe make you feel something then i can keep writing, even if i only had one reader i would keep at it! Please vote and comment maybe even add it to a list, those notifications make my day and i love it when anyone can see my work and enjoy it.

Please continue to read the story, we are slowly getting there then we can have Cinder fall supreme! In the war for the relics! But before that her daughters have to study and graduate! Comming soon! The fall of beacon arc! But untill then we will continue with the menagerie of chaos! Oh? You thought it was almost over? Fat chance please join us for chapter 22. A qrow and raven walk into a bar. But until then true believers excelsior!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

101K 1.7K 17
Ruby Rose was gone. Yang and Taiyang were left alone on the little island called Patch. But years later, she appeared at Beacon Academy as Team RWBY'...
408 19 6
Y/n loves his family. So much so that he is willing to be put in the line of the huntsman's eyes for them. But when the time comes he will have to ma...
47K 1.4K 96
"Yang and Ruby were attacked and almost killed by three beowolves but qrow came just in time to save them" that's what was supposed to happen but wha...
447K 5.1K 40
Y/N L/N was a student from Beacon who was bullied once his girlfriend starting abusing him and cheated on him he ran away from Beacon worrying his fr...