Change in Winds

By BlackInfinity1289

When confronted by his greatest fear, Naruto felt lost. Hs felt something Change in him. Is this a good Chang... More

Gaining Experience
First Wave
Diving Into a Whirlpool
Parents Love
Summoning and Planning
Successful Mission
Conclusion
Joint Exercise
Kiri
Affinities
Youth
Suna
The Darkness
Farewell
Discord Server

Awakening

2.4K 39 10
By BlackInfinity1289

Yo,

Welcome to a New Story, my dear Readers.

This is a Naruto story that takes place in Narutoverse. The update schedule of this story depends on the love you show. So be sure to tell what you think of it in comments and DM's.

Note: For Jutsu, I'll write the Jutsu name in Japnese in most cases for the first time and English name will be written in the brackets. Though that won't be the case with the Jutsu I come up with. The Japanese names might have mistakes.

The English name will be continued at every repetition of the Jutsu name with Jutsu in spars and battles written in both Japanese and English. So please be aware of this.

A Special Thanks to Yesthatismyusername for the Story Cover and my beta, Theseus_Theo.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Bijuu/Summons" Bijuu or Summons Speaking.

'Bijuu/Summons' Bijuu or Summons thinking.

"Jutsu" is being used.

Enjoy.

Change in Winds

Prologue

Awakening

It's the day of Naruto's graduation exam and he was in high spirits. With high hopes, he went to the academy to pass and took his graduation test with confidence.

He did well, at least up to a passing level in his written test and barely passed the accuracy test. He was called to perform the required 3 Academy Jutsu.

He did Henge well and changed into his idol, the Yondaime, the Kawarimi went well with a nearby chair. The last one was his toughest, the Bunshin Jutsu.

Naruto performed the required hand seals and with a puff of smoke, a dead pale clone came into existence. Naruto hoped it would stay, but it disappeared a second later in the same smoke.

"I'm sorry, Naruto. You have failed." Said the sad voice of his favourite Chunin Sensei, Iruka Umino whom Naruto looked up to as a surrogate big brother.

He ran from the academy building, unable to bear his third failure and sat on a lonely swing which became his go-to spot in the academy when he is sad.

He always sat there when he was sad as it is always silent, unlike the passers-by who always call him names.

"Did you hear? The demon brat failed!"
"Really? Good thing. Did it seriously think it can pass and kill us?"

"Yondaime's soul will rest in peace now,"

"No doubt, he will,"

Naruto heard people mutter. Having heard them thousands, if not millions of times, he got accustomed to it. But the last part is new, which I didn't care about.

He sat there, wallowing in his sorrow for some time when he heard footsteps and looked up to see Mizuki-sensei, Iruka's assistant walking towards him.

What he told amazed Naruto. After all, he won't be happy when they get a second chance to do what they want the most?

His Sensei told him about a secret graduation exam, which is in his Sensei's power to make him Genin if he managed to retrieve a scroll from the Hokage Tower, learn a Jutsu from it within a specified time.

Being given a second chance to prove himself, Naruto accepted the mission without thought and went to the Hokage Tower to do it. He is going to make it this time.

Hokage Tower

As he entered the Hokage Tower, by escaping all traps and people guarding it, he saw none and went to the room Mizuki-sensei told him about and found a large scroll with so many ink markings on it as instructed.

'Yatta found it.' Naruto thought and took it and exited the room. Only to come face to face with the famed Shinobi no Kami, Sarutobi Hiruzen, The Sandaime Hokage himself.

"Naruto, what are you doing here at this hour? Are you feeling alright?" asked the old man he calls Jiji. Naruto was shocked to find this soon, but he replied to cover it up.

"I'm fine Jiji. I'm just walking around and on a secret mission. Bye," he said and escaped through a nearby window. The old man was surprised but went into the room to check if any were missing and found a valuable item missing.

'Naruto took the Scroll of Seals,' he thought in shock. The Scroll of Seals is a scroll that has many forbidden Jutsu, Jutsu which are banned by the Hokage from general use as they are dangerous.

Hiruzen came out of his shock quickly and went to call the only person who can find Naruto. The is an important mission and should be kept under wraps at all costs.

Iruka hurried to the Hokage Tower as he was called urgently by the Hokage through ANBU. He opened to see the Sandaime looking towards the village.

"You called me, Hokage-sama?" He asked with a bow.

"Yes, Iruka. I have a mission for you and it must be kept under wraps at all costs," said the Sandaime in a serious tone and Iruka nodded in acknowledgement.

"Hai, Hokage-sama. What is this about?" Iruka asked curiously as he doesn't know any important mission at this hour.

"Naruto took the Forbidden Scroll, Iruka," the Sandaime raised his hand to silence any incoming protest from Iruka.

"I know he won't do it, but he told me about a secret mission. I think someone played him to do it. They might be planning to get the Scroll for themselves and if I tell this to all our forces, they would have escaped amid all the chaos.

This is going to be an A-Rank mission and is to be done silently without anyone knowing anything. I entrust this mission to you, Iruka. Naruto's safety is a high priority as well.

Don't let anyone harm Naruto. Prepare yourself for combat as well, we don't know what they have planned. Dismissed." Hiruzen ordered and Iruka bowed and left the Hokage Tower in a Shunshin.

Scene Break

Meanwhile, In Forests around Konoha

"Hmmm, what can I learn. This or this?" Naruto asked loudly as he pointed at all the Jutsu that was in the Forbidden Scroll. He saw an eye-catching one.

'Forbidden clone Jutsu it read. Interested in its name, Naruto read it.

'1. Kage Bunshin no Jutsu(Shadow Clone Jutsu):

Rank- B

Type: Ninjutsu

Status: Kinjutsu

Hand Seals: Cross

The Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Shadow Clone Jutsu) is a technique developed by the Nidaime Hokage, Tobirama Senju.

Similar to the basic Clone Jutsu, this technique creates copies of the user. However, these clones are real instead of illusions. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of its overall power.

The clones are capable of performing techniques, including the Shadow Clone Jutsu itself, on their own and can even bleed, but will usually disperse after being hit by a strong enough force. The clones can also disperse on their own or be dispelled by the user of the technique.'

This peaked Naruto's interest. As normal Bunshins has become a nightmare, he thought of trying it but stopped seeing that something else was written in continuation and read it.

'When dispelled, the user and other clones get the information that the clone learned in its life.

Warning- This technique requires at least Jounin level chakra reserves and dispelling multiple clones at once may cause brain damage and lead to death in the case of low chakra users. clones depend upon the amount of chakra that the user has.

'Wow. A Clone Jutsu that is solid and can send memories to the user? I must learn this,' thought Naruto in joy. He continued, he sees if anything else will pique his interest.

'2. Taju Kage Bunshin no Jutsu(Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu):

Type: Ninjutsu.

Status: Kinjutsu

Rank: A.

Hand Seals: Cross/Ram.

Taju Kage Bunshin no Jutsu is an advanced variation of the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and was banned by the Yondaime Hokage. This is the same as Shadow Clone Jutsu, but the number of clones increases.

Instead of tens of clones, hundreds of clones will be created. This technique can also kill a Shinobi either due to severe Chakra exhaustion or overload of information.

Kage level Chakra reserves are needed for this Jutsu to be performed as Shinobi can die by a mere attempt if they don't have enough Chakra reserves.'

Concluded the Jutsu and Naruto got curious. He was told he had a lot of Chakra once by his Jiji. So he estimated at least Kage level reserves as it was not much.

He smiled brightly, though you can see his mask crack with the devilish grin on his face, Naruto didn't notice it. He can learn something new at last. He is fed up with all the excuses his Sensei gave him at the Academy.

Even though he is seen as goofy and knuckleheaded, he is an intelligent kid. He made this goofy facade in his pursuit to gain attention and it started cracked today, releasing the hidden genius, the true Uzumaki Naruto.

He started learning the 2 Jutsu and it just took him 2 hours to learn both Jutsu perfectly and make perfect clones.

"Kage Bunshin no Jutsu(Shadow Clone Jutsu)," called Naruto, he tried, with no daily. After a few tries, he made 4 Shadow Clones formed to his sides, smiling widely.

"Yes. I did it. I learned a bee Jutsu. Now to learn more," said Naruto, dispelling his clones and started skimming the scroll for any other Jutsu he can learn.

Something extra might help him as an ace like that teme's Fireball Jutsu, he found other styles of clone Jutsu as well. He read through them and took them like a fish to water.

3. Bunshin Daibakuha (Great Clone Explosion):

Rank- A

Type: Ninjutsu, Kinjutsu

Class: Offensive

Range: Short-range (0-5m)

The user creates a Shadow Clone, intending for their opponents to attack the clone at close range. After a certain amount of time has passed, the clone detonates, creating a large explosion.

4. Chi Bushin no Jutsu (Blood Clone) :

Rank- A

Type: Ninjutsu, Clone Technique.

Class: Supplementary

Hand Signs: Dragon→Snake

Blood Clone Jutsu was first created by Kyōei Uzumaki. As expected, the user makes a clone of themselves, but in this case, the doppelganger is made of blood.

As with their shadow counterpart, these clones have a fraction of the user's overall power but are useful for attacks and other diversions.

They are capable of bleeding and are quite durable. Should they be defeated, they will return to their blood form, spraying the opponent with it, marking them that will allow the user to track them.

When dispelled, the user and other clones get the information that the clone learned. This technique requires at least High-Jounin level chakra reserves to make one and dispelling multiple clones at once may cause brain damage and blood depletion that may result in death.'

The Jutsu concluded. Naruto thought of practising them but thought better of it as he is on a time constraint and remembered the required hand seals and moved on to other things written in the scroll.

'Chakra Natures and Kekkei Genkai'. Read the title of the next topic and Naruto got interested and continued.

'Chakra Natures are determined by using the chakra paper and channelling the chakra through them. When shinobi find out about their chakra, they can use them as their chosen elements in combat.

To become Chunin, a basic mastery of one chakra nature is taken into consideration. To be a Jounin, a shinobi must have mastery over at least 2 elements. The primary affinity and the second affinity.

Shinobi often than not face the problem of having only one natural affinity. In those scenarios, they can choose one element of their choice to master.

There is a technique that allows them to gain another element. All they have to do is to draw the following seal on the ground and smear their blood on it with the kanji of the element they chose in the middle.

This will result in either 2 possibilities. Whether the seal succeeds in adding the second affinity to their chakra system or on failing to add, it creates a minimal affinity towards the chosen element.

The risk lay in the process. While the process is going on, the seal will go through the blood and chakra stream of the caster to find the affinities that lay latent in them. The process is painful and may cause immediate death if not treated immediately in case of failure.

This is invented by the Uzumaki Clan. They had invented it as they have a high healing factor which allows them to endure the process with less pain, and heal fast because of their strong vitality.

The Uzumaki were the only clan that can perform the sealing ritual and come out without any loss. They did this to create more natural water users as they are surrounded for defence and offence.'

'Uchiha Clan:'

'To my fellow Senju and Uzumaki who found this scroll and were able to read this, I, Tobirama Senju, write this to give the knowledge I have learnt about the famed Uchiha clan to you, my fellow descendants and clansman.

I can't have this information known to all and risk the Uchiha Clan revolt. So, I suggest you implore caution to whom you choose to tell but keeping it a secret is wise.

He read Tobirama Senju's letter addressed to his descendants. Apparently, they belong to the same clan before separation but still held good relations after separation as well.

The message had so many that made Naruto think again about some things and his respect for the dead clan and the Nidaime increased.

When the Uchiha were around, they would treat him like trash and act as though they were gifts of God to earth. But after reading more about them, he understood more about the clan.

"It is a shame that they were not around any longer." Naruto sighed and read through some more forbidden knowledge. His thirsty mind took every last bit of knowledge he can read before Mizuki-Sensei comes.

Naruto thought of thanking the man when he saw him for the help he unknowingly did. It had been another 2 hours when Naruto heard four steps and turned in the direction.

"I found you," said Iruka, breathing heavily. He searched long and hard and found Naruto at last. He sighed in relief after seeing the blonde in one piece.

"You found me, Iruka-Sensei. But you didn't catch me!" Naruto said and saw Mizuki-sensei come out of the bushes, with a serene smile and as he is looking at him.

"You did well, Naruto. Now give me the scroll and you will pass," he said, his features darkening when he said about Naruto passing. He also noticed Iruka but decided to play cool. Naruto smiled widely at the man.

"Thank you, Mizuki-sensei. I have learnt a Jutsu as you told me to. Let me show you." Naruto said, pushing the scroll behind him and forming a cross sign. Mizuki was outraged.

The demon brat is not understanding him and wasting his precious time. Time, he could use running away from the village as there is no emergency meeting by the Hokage and only Iruka came.

He smiled evilly at the turn of events. 'Seems like the senile old monkey caught up to his age, and only sent Iruka to fight me,' he thought in glee. And continued his act.

"No need, Naruto. As you have already taken the scroll and learnt a Jutsu, that is enough for your field promotion." Mizuki said a bit too late as 4 clones of Naruto poofed into existence beside him.

Both Mizuki and Iruka were surprised. It's the same day that Naruto had failed to create a single clone and now he created 4 clones. Instead of his urgency, Mizuki continued his play and started walking closer to Naruto.

To take the scroll by force and make a run for it. He doesn't have time to play this demon brat's silly tricks.

"Well done, Naruto. I didn't expect you to be successful in your work, I see-" he said sweetly but cut off by Iruka.

"Naruto, don't give that scroll to Mizuki. He tricked you into stealing it from the Hokage Tower. Hokage-sama has assigned me this mission to retrieve you and the scroll safely. He is a traitor, Naruto. Don't give the scroll to him!" Iruka shouted as Mizuki started to walk towards Naruto.

"So he found it, huh? What will you do now? Naruto give me the scroll!" Shouted Mizuki, with a manic gleam in his eyes. Naruto stumbled back, shocked and a bit hurt.

"What? You won't give me and trust Iruka? Then let me tell you a secret that is hidden from you for your whole life but the whole village knows!" Mizuki said with the same manic grin as Iruka's face paled. He knew well what Mizuki is going to say.

"Mizuki, don't, it's forbidden!" Iruka exclaimed fearing Naruto's reaction.

"Do you see Naruto, he is still trying to keep my mouth shut. Anyway, the truth is, when the Kyuubi attacked nearly 13 years ago, the Kyuubi is not killed as told to everyone.

The Kyuubi can not be killed as it is just a mass of chakra with consciousness. The Yondaime had no choice but to seal it. And he chose you, Naruto. He sealed the Kyuubi in you. That is the reason why the villagers hate you.

Didn't you think why were you hated even though you didn't do anything to them? Why they are afraid of you and didn't like you and why everyone used to call you names like Demon child, Demon brat etc?

Tell me Naruto, didn't you ever wonder how your parents died or who they were and even Iruka didn't like you?" He asked, with his grin growing more degenerate as words came out.

Naruto's face saddened deeper and deeper after each sentence. He couldn't bear it and tears started to fall freely from his eyes. He turned to Iruka for one last confirmation and his mourning and sorrowful expression told him everything.

"You are the reincarnation of the Kyuubi itself. You are the monster that destroyed Konoha and took so many lives on that day. You are the demon!" Exclaimed Mizuki. His face was full of twisted pleasure.

A wall broke in Naruto after hearing those words. He is the Demon Fox. Did he kill many? He is a monster. His dream of becoming Hokage was not a possibility now. He knew it. They won't accept him whatever he does. He only felt one emotion at that moment.

Despair.

All his dreams and hopes of becoming Hokage of the village vanished and his light was gone. He felt being dragged into darkness. He can feel despair roll out of him in waves. His body shook. He trembled. Inside of his seal, Kyuubi saw something.

A door, which was not present there when he last saw, came into view and all the chains blocking the entry broke loose. He saw the door vanish and his eyes widened at the familiar feeling.

Iruka couldn't help but kick himself for not being there for Naruto when he needed it. He drowned in his despair, forgetting about the mission entirely.

Mizuki was having the best time of his life. The look of despair in the Demon brats eyes is something he always wanted to see. He laughed deviously. When he felt a sudden surge of chakra, he turned to check on the Demon brat.

He was facing down, his face covered by his hair casting a shadow on his eyes. Iruka stood up after the surge of chakra, regaining his confidence.

"You are not the demon fox, Naruto. You are just its container. You know the difference between a Kunai and the scroll, right? It's just like that.

Yes, I admit when I first saw you, I also thought like everyone else, but you proved me wrong, Naruto. You are not the Demon fox, not that Monster. You are the Hero who saved us and is still saving the village from the Demon Fox by holding it in you.

Villagers are mistaken and with time, they will see you as what you are supposed to be and not as that fox just like how I came to understand," said Iruka with passion and confidence.

Naruto lifted his head towards Mizuki and he would have sworn that he saw Red eyes instead of cerulean blue eyes that of the brats. He turned to Iruka and smiled.

"I hope you are right, Iruka-sensei. That one day, I'll be acknowledged and will become the Hokage, Believe it!" he exclaimed sadly and Iruka smiled at his determination.

Mizuki growled. How is this possible? He revealed the biggest plot hole only to have the Demon Brat bounce back. No, he wouldn't allow it.

He took the Fuuma shuriken which was on his back and threw it at Naruto, which slashed his left arm a bit. Naruto looked at Mizuki who took another one and threw it at Iruka to stop the scarred Chunin from helping Naruto.

"No!" Naruto shouted and threw a kunai which hit the shuriken and changed its trajectory. It then hit a nearby tree. Mizuki felt outraged at this.

"Why you, demon brat. You like to save your previous Iruka-sensei now. Let's see you try!" Mizuki said and performed a set of hand seals.

"Doton: Doryūsō (Earth Style: Earth Spears)," Called Mizuki and an earth spike pierced Iruka's leg, injuring him and restricting his mobility. Iruka cried in pain and seeing this, Naruto saw red and made a cross sign.

"Taju Kage Bunshin no Jutsu," Naruto shouted and a thousand clones came into existence.

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HURT IRUKA-SENSEI." They all shouted in unison and attacked at once.

"Na-Ru-To-Uzumaki Barrage," they shouted and struck Mizuki wherever possible with their feet. A bloody, pale Mizuki was left after Naruto's attack as he was unconscious with his mouth open and teeth broken with a shocked expression on his face. Naruto walked up to Iruka.

"Are you alright, Iruka-Sensei? That teme didn't hurt you, right?" Naruto asked looking at the hole in Iruka's leg in concern to which Iruka smiled in joy. His Naruto is still there, even after Mizuki revealed about the Kyuubi.

"This must be treated by white people, Sensei," Naruto said, referring to the medical ninja and laughed in joy. After that, some ANBU came and took them, with an unconscious Mizuki to the T&I department and Naruto and Iruka to the Hokage Tower.

Scene Break

Hiruzen saw everything through his magic ball. It is nifty like this sometimes. He had a pensive expression as if thinking deeply. Now that the cat was out of the bag, Naruto may change. He saw the expression of Despair on the blonde's face. It was very tragic that he had to know the truth this way.

He couldn't help but feel sorry for the boy. He should comfort him and if possible, cheer him up with a Jutsu scroll or two. He doesn't want to have a is dull and sad Naruto.

Naruto should be Naruto. He should be cheerful with his goofy smile. He saw his ANBU back with Naruto and Iruka in tow in a Shunshin and turned his attention to them.

"ANBU, dismissed," he ordered and with a small bow, they vanished.

"I'm sorry that you have to find out about the Kyuubi from a traitor, Naruto-kun. I'm really, sorry. I kept it a secret to keep you safe," he immediately said solemnly. It is time to face the music.

"All this time, I don't know why they treat me like that. You could have at least told me why Jiji. At least then, I would have done something better than trying to gain their attention." Naruto said sharply.

Hiruzen sighed. He knew he had done so many mistakes in his life, but didn't think Naruto to be this sharp and forthcoming as soon as the cat was out.

"I'm sorry, my boy. I admit that it is a mistake. I will try to not do it again. Now is there anything else?" he asked but internally prayed that this is the end of the matter. But Kami! Naruto had other ideas.

"Is there anything else, you ask? After the big bad secret you have kept from me, now you dismiss it as a normal occurrence?" Naruto asked sharply, his tone having an edge.

Hiruzen was taken aback by his question. How could he think about this? Seems like Mizuki did do something to the little blonde he is fond of. He is unusually sharp and is thinking before asking anything.

That is a welcome change, but in this situation, it started to become a pain in his backside. He smiled at the change in Naruto nonetheless. He thought he couldn't see this day.

But another question came to his mind. 'What about the inheritance he was left with. Should I say it now or not?' He thought about it. He is divided. Naruto already went through a trauma and if he reveals with another, Kami knows what happens.

He shook his head negatively, concluding not to. Now is not the time. He needs to calm the blonde down before anything else.

"I'm sorry for dismissing it like that, Naruto. But I kept it a secret for your safety. Please forgive this old man. I promise to make amends," pleaded the Sandaime.

Iruka wanted to intervene. But he knew how traumatic Naruto's experience was and stayed silent. Naruto needs to let it all out. He saw Naruto think about it for some time.

"Ok, Jiji. But this time tell me before you take any decision relating to my life. Is that all? Are there anything else?" Asked Naruto in agreement.

He is too tired to deal with this and decided to give the old man the benefit of doubt. He waited expectantly for the old man to say something, but he didn't.

Hiruzen was tempted to say everything to Naruto. But he stopped himself. He can't now. He can't risk Naruto's sanity with all the covered secrets. And so he chose not to and nodded negatively.

Naruto nodded in agreement and his demeanour changed, his muscles relaxing and face relaxing. He relaxed in his chair.

"The mission went well right?" he asked and Naruto nodded excitedly, though Hiruzen can see through it. The Mask. He only hoped he could come out of this trauma, unharmed. At least he can hope, right?

"This is labelled as an A-Rank mission, and it will be added to your Official Mission list as a Shinobi. As of this day, Uzumaki Naruto, you will be the Genin of Konohagakure no Sato." Sandaime said, taking a leaf headband and giving it to Naruto, who tied it around his forehead and smiled brightly at the Hokage and both older men smiled back.

"Congratulations, Naruto. This is my gift for you becoming a Genin, Naruto-kun," said the Sandaime and took a book from his desk and gave it to Naruto.

It read 'Basics of Sealing' and had a Red Swirl on it. It has a set of 10 books in a bundle.

"It is a book on Fuuinjutsu, from the Uzumaki clan of the Whirlpool Village. If you manage to complete them, I'll give you more," he offered. Naruto's eyes widened. He had a clan and turned to Hiruzen to ask about his parents.

"No, Naruto-kun, I'll tell you about your parents when you become Chunin. I'll also give you your inheritance then," the Sandaime declined before Naruto can ask and the blonde sighed but nodded.

His Jiji always evades the question of his parents. Iruka only nodded along, not understanding what was happening. He cleared his throat to speak.

"Naruto, as a gift on your graduation, we'll go to Ichiraku and you can eat as much as you want," he said and Naruto cheered "Ramen" and they both left the Hokage Tower after receiving the mission payment.

Naruto was given 20,000 Ryo as his payment as he was not a Shinobi during the mission and accepted it with joy. He is happy with the extra money as he is going to buy new clothes and weapons to start his Shinobi life.

He went to Ichiraku and happily ate his ramen while he explained about his graduation to the ramen chefs, Teuchi and Ayame. They felt happy and gave Naruto a coupon for free Ramen for a week as a celebration and Naruto accepted it with a happy smile.

Naruto enjoyed his meal with Iruka while he sadly looked at the Mission payment he received vanish into broth and noodles.

Scene Break

The went by after that and Naruto reached his dingy apartment and stared around with pain-filled eyes. Though he managed to fool the Hokage and others, he was deeply hurt and cried himself to sleep.

Not knowing the subtle changes going on in his body while the Kyuubi stared at his container in disgust.

The morning came by soon, and Naruto decided to go shopping to shop for his new Shinobi supplies and other basics for his new Shinobi life with the extra money he received yesterday.

He is satisfied that he now knew the reason behind the stares and derogatory comments on him behind his back by the villagers. Though that didn't make it any better, he felt at ease that he can't change them with his current happy go lucky attitude.

He tried in all shinobi supply shops and was promptly kicked out as they didn't want to sell him anything.

He want to try one last time and went to a shop at the end of the street which is at a corner, out of the way to many. It read 'Higurashi weapon stores and Shinobi Supplies'.

He entered to see a full armoury in the shop. There are lots and lots of weapons and Shinobi related items. He can't even identify some, though he knew he is not good at remembering stuff. He did loops around looking at all of them in awe. He heard footsteps and turned around to see who it is.

Tenten heard the doorbell ring and came to the store proper to greet the customer from the inventory room. She saw a short blonde kid with an orange jumpsuit and a forehead. She assumed him to be newly minted Genin and went to ask him what he wants.

"Welcome to Higurashi weapons store, how can I help you?" She asked politely.

"Wow, is this your shop? It is amazing," the blonde boy said in awe.

"Yes, now tell me what do you want. Shinobi clothing, equipment, weapons. We have all of them," she offered with a smile, her chest puffing out in pride.

"I first thought of buying only supplies, but your shop has many things. So I'm going to start with my new Shinobi attire," he said and Tenten smiled widely at that.

The obnoxious orange jumpsuit was like screaming 'Kill Me' and Tenten knew that won't work in their practical life where skill and stealth matter the most.

"Good decision. Now follow me. We are going to take the equipment first," she said and Naruto nodded and followed her around the large store.

He doesn't know why he wants to change his orange jumpsuit, as it was with him for the entirety of his life as far as he can remember, but he thought it was for better.

Inside Naruto, the Kyuubi was laughing his ass off. How can this idiot be that dumb? He is changing from within and he can't understand it.

'Well, he is providing me entertainment why not enjoy.' He thought and watched in interest.

Naruto took a few sets of Shuriken, Kunai and their sharpening kits. He also took some Ninja wire. After putting them in a pack, he proceeded to the clothing section and tried so many colours for his attire.

"Yes, this looks perfect," said Tenten excitedly. The customer is very adamant about his choice of colours. He wanted a bit of orange as a remainder and she relented.

He chose a black shirt with grey ANBU pants with a light blue zipper on top of it with fishnet inside. His attire consists of red and green strips in different places on the shirt and has so many pockets for Shinobi use as well.

He also took plain black and other colour shirts with black and blue pants for casual wear. He told Tenten to stitch the Uzumaki clan Swirl into the attire and she obliged.

Naruto also bought fingerless gloves, arm guards and shin guards for protection and went to the counter for payment. He knew his shopping is going to be costly.

Tenten calculated everything he bought. It is quite a sum of things combined. "Your bill is 7,829 ryo," she said looking at the calculator and saw a shocked Naruto.

"Only 8000 ryo?" he asked doubtfully.

"Yes," she replied impatiently. What is this guys problem? Their shop is the premier weapons and shinobi supplies shop and this guy can't afford their rates? She knew their stores' rates are affordable when compared to other shops.

Tenten's irritated internal rant cut off when Naruto put 8000 ryo in front of her with a large smile in a flash. A smile that made her day better.

"Thank you. If it is just 8000 ryo, then can you show me a sword as well? I want to buy a uh, what is it called?" Naruto said scratching his head and Tenten understood what he was trying and nodded in understanding and took him to the swords section.

She started to explain the various types of swords in front of her which included a tanto, katana, broad swords and long swords. Naruto looked through all of them as any didn't interest him much.

"Do you have anything else?" Naruto asked, seeing that he is not interested in them, Tenten went to the back of the store to bring other swords available.

She brought many swords with various designs. One, in particular, piqued his interest with its design. It is a katana that is at least 2 feet long with a black hilt with a circular guard with rubies in the middle.

But the thing that interested him is the Uzumaki Swirl which is on either side of the guard. The same Red Swirl with black lines which were on his back. Naruto picked it up. A small needle pierced his right thumb finger which held the sword and Naruto felt his blood trickle on the sword.

Seals started forming on it and disappeared as fast as they appeared. The sword glowed dimly and Naruto heard a small tune in his head from the place he touched the sword. The was like a soothing feeling.

The feeling of love, acceptance spread through him and he felt at peace. He took the sword and gave it a test swing. He liked her, her, he doesn't know how, but he knew it. He took her up and checked out.

Tenten noticed this and put down all the swords she is rummaging through and walked towards Naruto.

"That sword is in our store for at least a decade. No one seems to take interest in it. It is a costly one but we are trying to sell it to the first customer who likes it. So you will get a 50% discount. It is 10000 ryo," she said with a smile.

Naruto pulled 10000 ryo and paid without any protest. He knew what he picked was expensive, but the feel of her in his hands is enough for him. He took the scabbard and kept the sword in it.

The scabbard was a purple one with gold endings on it. It also has some seals on it and a pattern of swirls and clouds. Naruto took everything he bought and went to his house.

He is going to start a new life as a Shinobi soon and wanted to be prepared for it. He had 2 weeks to train and is going to use them wisely.

With his new knowledge of Shadow clones and how to use them, he started his preparation for whatever the Shinobi world had to offer him.

First, he made 6 of Shadow Clones and ordered them to go through all his 6 years of Academy books. He went to the library himself. As he is a shinobi now, the librarian can't restrict him from coming as he can complain to Hokage about it.

After showing his headband, Naruto was allowed access to the shinobi section. He sat there and thought of reading about clans first to learn more about them.

Naruto read all the clans of Konoha. He also learned more about the founding clans, the Senju and the Uchiha. Naruto knew a small bit about them from his Academy.

Now he learned more about them like history and rivalry and their fame. The Senju clan had Senju Hashirama, the Shodai Hokage and the first Shinobi no Kami.

The Uchiha clan had Uchiha Madara, the opposite of Hashirama and was a traitor. Senju clan members were told to have strong bodies and Mokuton is an exclusive for the Shodai as none of the other members showed an affinity for it.

He read about the Kekkei Genkai of the Uchiha clan as well. The Sharingan. A memory came to him at that. The note he read was written by Tobirama Senju about the Uchiha clan.

He felt pain in his eyes, as it also reminded the despair he felt when Mizuki told him about the Kyuubi. Naruto couldn't bear it and immediately ran to his house to rest.

He sighed in relief after locking the door and went to bathe. He cleaned himself and looked at his image in the mirror. He froze seeing the reflection.

In front of him stood Uzumaki Naruto, tan skin, blond hair with 6 whisker marks but instead of cerulean blue, Blood red eyes with 2 black tomoes in one eye and 1 tomoe in the other stared back at him.

Naruto knew this to be the pattern of the famous Sharingan, as it is depicted as a red-eye with 3 tomoes in general. He just read about it in the library. Naruto couldn't believe it.

'How is this possible? Was one of my parents an Uchiha? Then why did they not adopt me?' Naruto thought. He can guess it will be something related to the fox that made him not adoptable.

After thinking about this for a few minutes his mind fell into thinking. 'Think Naruto, think. Thinking about how I got this is useless as Jiji won't tell me about my parents till I make Chunin.

I should think of all the benefits I get with it. What is the book told about Sharingan? Hmm, let's see. the Sharingan grants the user two broad abilities: the "Eye of Insight" and the "Eye of Hypnotism".

"Eye of Insight"

'The user can see chakra, giving it colour to distinguish it by its composition and source. Though not as capable in this regard as the Byakugan.

The user is granted incredible clarity of perception, enabling them to read lips or mimic something like pencil movements.

They can anticipate an opponent's next move based on the slightest muscle tension in their body and act accordingly to dodge or intercept.

They can also read the enemy's hand seals to give them an insight into the performed technique's nature, regardless of the speed of performance.

The user can copy almost any jutsu they see, memorising ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu with near-perfect accuracy. They can mimic everything they see.'

"Eye of Hypnotism"

'The user can perform what is generically called Genjutsu through eye contact, suggest thoughts and actions to a target, coercing them to divulge information or act in a particular way, potentially without the target's awareness.

The Uchiha are particularly infamous for using this ability. Multiple targets can be taken control of in this way, though the more divided the user's attention is, the easier it is for targets to escape this control.'

'Note: This information is subject to personal discretion as it is collected from the information collected from many non-Uchiha and people who faced the Uchiha clan. Please be cautious as some information about might not be true entirely.'

Recalled Naruto and he got a shit-eating grin. This would make things easier for him. With his clones, he already went through the first 2 years of Academy subjects which are just mathematics and general knowledge.

With the addition of Sharingan to the mix, things are going to pick speed. He asked his clones to channel chakra to their eyes and they also got 2 and 1Tomoe Sharingan in their eyes and shouted in joy. He calmed them down and gave new orders.

"Boys, take all the books Jiji gave and do as it instructed. If it is a Jutsu, copy it with Sharingan and try it. If it is anything else like writing practice or theory, copy the strokes and make more Shadow Clones and dispel them to pass the knowledge to all.

I'm going to study some more about clans and their techniques in general in the library and dispel them in batches. 2 clones for 5 minutes" he ordered and all of them chorused 'Hai' and Naruto left to the Library in high spirits.

He went to Ichiraku Ramen and had his lunch there and went to the library. He wants to know any techniques which are specific to the Uchiha clan and how can he be an Uchiha, if it is possible.

'Maybe if I improve myself and help the village more, people may recognise me?' Naruto thought hopefully and moved towards the library. Though he knew it is not going to be easy, he hoped.

His change of clothing helped him a lot. Because of not wearing any orange, people thought him to be a new person and did not recognize him at all.

Scene Break

Two weeks went by peacefully and Naruto improved by leaps and bounds. In just 14 days he did months worth of reading and exercise with his clones. He completed all his academy materials and went to the Academy library for more.

He was only given access to the basic Jutsu being a Genin and Naruto found a jackpot there. He found 4 Jutsu scrolls there, which were unused as they were open without a care on a table and Naruto copied them without hesitation.

One of them explained about chakra control and about Tree climbing exercises and another about water walking exercises, which were advanced Chakra control exercises according to the scrolls.

He practised them with another 5 clones every day and managed to master Tree climbing for 4 days perfectly. He can now walk on trees like on land.

Naruto took 7 days to master the Water walking exercise fully and he managed to add 5 more Clones to it. He practised it in the Naka River, outside the village to keep it a secret.

He can now simultaneously run on water and concentrate on throwing shuriken. He was successful in his tried and tested with Suiton: Suidan no Jutsu (Water Style: Water bullets) on himself while water walking to see his proficiency and managed to keep his spot on water without drowning.

The water jutsu was in the third scroll in addition to the chakra control exercises. He practised the exercises to better control his massive chakra reserves.

He can stand on trees and water with minimal chakra expenditures compared to his previous control now. The last Jutsu he learned was called Shunshin no Jutsu.

'Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker Technique)

Classification: Ninjutsu, General skill

Rank: D-rank

Class Supplementary

Hand Seals: Tiger

Description: The Shunshin no Jutsu(Body Flicker Technique) is a high-speed movement technique used by shinobi to go from one place to another. This is done by enveloping one body in chakra and imagining the place to go. This is done in different forms.

The general form used in Konoha is leaf Shunshin, where a whirlwind of leaves will form where the user appears. Every Elemental nation has its unique type of Shunshin.'

Naruto learned and started his practice. As the days passed, his control on Shadow Clone Jutsu increased and he can now do 15 clones without any backlash on his mind.

After practising with his clones, he can use the Shunshin with just a poof of smoke. He liked the way his clones pop, so he applied this to the Jutsu as well. That was a productive 2 weeks in Naruto's case.

He learnt new Jutsu's, improved his chakra control, started seals by practising calligraphy and completed his academy textbooks. He is ready for whatever the Shinobi world throws at him.

With confidence, he walked to the academy in his new attire, ready to face the Shinobi world head-on.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, guys.

The next chapter will be released on the 27th with the Update Schedule of the story.

That's it for this chapter folks.

Check out the new story covers I made and tell me your opinion.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 452 58
Saruto Hyuga, an orphan in Konoha village, finally gets an answer to his life-long question. Once a boy with no history, no hope and no parents, he f...
116K 2.6K 48
Naruto finds his true heritage and wants to prove to the villages that he will protect them all, even if they don't treat them like a human. Eventua...
221K 4.5K 40
After being left out by his team, Naruto decides to walk around the outsides of the village, this sets off a chain of events that will sent Naruto do...
199K 6.1K 30
Everything was going exactly the way they are supposed to go, and all was good. Until someone new shows up, someone different, someone that doesn't l...