Leviathantale Mermay 2022 - P...

By puddle_of_creativity

I'm trying my hand at the Mermay again. Last year was super fun and a lot of people liked it. I hope this yea... More

Day 1: Shark
Day 2: Frenzy
Day 4: Net
Day 5: Scars (NFSW)
Day 6: Teeth
Day 7: Anchor
Day 8: Leviathan
Day 9: Seafoam
Day 10: Selkie
Day 11: Mermaid's Kiss
Day: 12 Turtle & Day 13: Manta Ray
Day 14: Shore
Day 15: Octopus
Day 16: Storm + Day 17: Ship + Day 18: Pearl
Day 19: Trident
Day 20: Adrift + Day 21: Bioluminescence
Day 22: Goldfish

Day 3: Shiver

151 8 0
By puddle_of_creativity

When Cross met Dream, he never expected him to have such a colorful family. He hadn't realized what it was like to be surrounded by caring people, nor had he appreciated the quiet when he only knew one Killer. For apparently there were six others, all with a different soul trait. He also learned from Balance that the Shiver was actually quite a bit larger than it appeared. Apparently there were a few other shivermates, but they lived spread across the sea.

"Why are they separated?" Cross had asked. He still remembers Balance's sad look when they seemed to be staring into the void. The goldfish wore a lonely look of sorrow, as if there was something they was sorely missing.

"They've lost something important, Cross, and they don't know if it'll ever come back. They mourn, each in their own way. One hides to avoid facing the truth. The other denies it every day. Another eagerly awaits a sign while searching in vain. Another forgets it over and over again just to remember it over and over again. And the last one chases after the affection of others to make up the missing part. They keep their distance from each other, neither of them wants to risk another war.”

"Have you lost someone too?" Cross hadn't been able to resist asking this question. Not with the beautiful Mer in front of him looking as if they would be crushed by the weight of a thousand years. He really didn't like this expression, it didn't go with the otherwise lively Mer.

"I have." Balance nodded slightly and looked gently at Cross. "I know they're long gone, out of my reach. I still miss them every day. But… sometimes one of them visits me when the loneliness gets too big. Who knows, maybe someday I'll introduce you to him"

Cross hadn't inquired further after that. But he thought he now had a slightly better understanding of why Nightmare and Dream sometimes gazed longingly after that eel and squid mer before disappearing back into the trench themselves. He wants to see them happy, all of his shivermates. And if that means venturing into unknown territory so he can bring Nightmare and Dreams shivermates back home, then he'll do it.

After all, he would do anything for his family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 382 13
Read to find out. (Trigger warning: If you get triggered by suicide, death, and self harm, then I would go to a different book)
17.6K 295 16
As I said Max Mayfield ladies Warnings for Gore possession Torture Will add more if there is anymore warnings Enjoy Lovelys ❤
126K 8.4K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
11.7K 379 21
warning: this book contains serious topics, and might be triggering to some of you read at your own risk This is an incredibly Slow-burn this is just...