Twisted Wonderland Book 1: Th...

By PinkiePieSweets

Briar and her friends are beginning their first day at Night Raven College, but Ace shows up unexpectedly wit... More

Chapter 2: A Misappropriated Tart
Chapter 3: Garden Decoration
Chapter 4: Student Multiplication
Chapter 5: A Class Escape
Chapter 6: A Carbonara Scrape
Chapter 7: A Traditional Lesson
Chapter 8: The Legendary Seven
Chapter 9: A Mealtime Chat
Chapter 10: A Garden Spat
Chapter 11: Secret in the Oysters
Chapter 12: Egg Destroyers
Chapter 13: Past Improprieties
Chapter 14: Delicious Varieties
Chapter 15: An Army of One
Chapter 16: Hard Work Undone
Chapter 17: A Rule Slip
Chapter 18: A Surprise Tip
Chapter 19: Punishment Escalation
Chapter 20: Rookie Frustration
Chapter 21: A Duel Ill-Advised
Chapter 22: Soundly Chastised
Chapter 23: Magic Unchecked
Chapter 24: An Unhinged Prefect
Chapter 25: A Sad Little Child
Chapter 26: Feelings Reconciled
Chapter 27: Five Second Rule
Chapter 28: Finale for Heartslabyul

Chapter 1: The Desperate Heart

383 5 0
By PinkiePieSweets

Later in the night, Briar and her friends have already returned to the Ramshackle Dorm to get some sleep. Briar and Sereia are sleeping in one room. Trinket is sleeping on the furniture close by, using a small pillow as her bed and small clothes for a pillow and blanket. In the other room next door. Jasper and Tanzanite are asleep in the big together. Grim is sleeping on the same bed as well, but curled up like a cat with a blanket over him. They've been through a lot on their first day of work, so they deserve to get a good night's rest. By the upcoming morning, they'll begin their day as official students of Night Raven College.

During the night, Briar tosses and turns a little, almost like she is in a dream. Suddenly, she comes to a stop and sits up from the bed. However, Briar has her head tilted forward and her eyes are closed, like she's sleeping while she stands. Soon, Briar gently removes the covers and gently climbs herself out of bed. She then slowly walks away from the bed, and towards the mirror that is hanging on the wall over the fireplace. When she approaches the mirror and in her sleep, Briar gently lifts her hand and places her hand on it.

With that, the mirror ripples in reaction and a white vortex appears in the mirror. And suddenly, a strange telepathic connection appears within her mind.

Briar's Mind:

Briar suddenly opens her eyes and looks around to find herself in an odd area. Briar looks around to see a large hedge area with entrances and hearts on some areas of the hedge like pillars. She then sees tall white rose bushes with hedges of different shapes: Diamonds, Hearts, Spades, and Clubs.

Briar looks around and wonders, "Where am I? Am I in some kind of hedge maze, and am I in some kind of garden?"

Briar continues to look around to see that she is all alone in this odd area. She jumps up and finds herself within a maze of large hedges.

Suddenly, there is a walking being or a playing card appears. It's black and it has the Ace of Spades on it. The living card is holding a paint brush covered in red paint. To Briar's confusion, she notices that the Ace of Clubs is painting the white roses red on the heart shaped bush.

The Card says, "Hurry up and paint the roses red!"

Then, another card appears, holding a paint bucket and the red painted brush in his other hand. This one has the 2 of Clubs on it.

He paints the roses from the red, "Slather them quickly as aforesaid!"

The Ace of Spade continues painting, "Hurry, hurry! There are still roses left to paint!"

Briar is deeply confused, "They're painting... roses? Why would they be painting the white roses red?"

Suddenly, a young girl appears. She has a slender figure and appears fairly petite. She has big blue eyes, fair skin, and blonde, thick, medium-length hair held back by a black ribbon tied in a bow. She is wearing a cerulean and light blue short-sleeved knee-length white skirted dress, with a white pinafore apron on top. Underneath her dress, she wears a white corset, a white petticoat, a frilly white knee-length and matching thigh-high stockings, a frilly white knee-length and matching pantalettes, and a matching lace slip. She also sports black strapped Mary Jane shoes with brown/gray soles.

"Who's that girl?" Briar wonders.

She walks over and asks, "Um excuse me..."

When she tries to touch her, her body or the girl's body, phases through one another.

"Huh?" Briar says, confused.

Then Briar calls out, "Hello, can you hear me?"

But the girl isn't listening to a word she says. Suddenly, a thought came to her mind.

She suddenly mutters, "...Alice? Is that her name...?"

The girl, believed to be called Alice, walks to the cards and asks, "Why are you painting these white roses red?"

"Huh?" The cards reply, coming to a stop.

The Two of Clubs say, "Why, you ask? It's quite simple. We painted the wrong color, you see."

Then the Ace of Clubs say, "The Queen likes her roses red. If they're white, we'll lose our heads!"

Alice rushes past the two and to a rose bush that has some roses painted red while others are still white.

"Goodness!" Alice replies.

Just then, another playing card appears. This one has black three of clubs on it. This card is on a ladder and holding a paintbrush.

The card says, "And so, we're painting the roses red."

Briar searches around and wonders, "Where... where was I? I could have sworn I was in the dorm... And what is this feeling...? And who are these playing cards... and that girl... What's going on...?"

Ramshackle Dorm Room:

Moments later, Briar slowly opens her eyes to find herself facing the mirror in the room.

"Huh?" Briar says, confused. Then wonders, "How did I get here? I thought I was sleeping in bed?"

Briar then yawns and says, "Oh well, I better get back to bed."

She walks to the bed and gently removes the covers to climb under it. Then she lays down, covering herself.

"That has to be the strangest dream... It's best that I sleep it off and think about it in the morning," Briar says to herself.

And with that, Briar soon begins to fall back to sleep. Just as she is about to go back to sleep, she hears knocking sounds.

"Huh?" Briar says to herself with a confused look.

Briar tiredly sits up and hears the knocking sound again.

"Is someone knocking at the door?" Briar asks herself.

Just then, Sereia, and Trinket begin to wake up. Trinket lets out tinkering sounds as she lets out a yawn.

"Wha-what's that noise...?" Sereia asks, feeling tired.

"I'm not sure," Briar says.

Briar then walks out of her room to hear the knocking noise. At the same time, Grim, Jasper and Tanzanite walk out of the room with tired looks on their eyes.

Then Grim says, in a sleepy tone, "Myaaah... Hey, Briar... I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor."

Then the knocking appears again.

Grim yawns and says, "Maybe it's those pesky ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit."

"I don't know. It sounds like it's coming from down stairs," Briar says.

Jasper yawns and asks, "Who would be coming here at this hour?"

"I have to agree. It's really late and I'm still tired," Tanzanite says.

"Well, we won't know until we see who's knocking," Briar says, and lets out a yawn.

And soon, Briar begins to walk down stairs, with Grim and the others follow from behind. She walks down the stairs as she continues to hear the loud knocking sound. She walks down the stair to the lounge and then she walks to the entry hall.

Briar walks to the door as she asks herself in thought, "Who would be here at this hour?"

Briar calmly calls out, "Hellooo? Who is it?"

Just then, a familiar voice calls out, "It's me, Ace! Just let me in, all right!"

"Ace?" Briar says to herself.

Then calls out, "Okay."

Briar walks to the front door, unlocks it, and opens the door.

"Ace, do you know what time it is..." Briar says, but stops in shock.

Just then, Grim, Sereia, Trinket, Jasper and Tanzanite walk towards the entry hall to hear the conversation.

Tired, Grim says, "Ace? It's the middle of the night!"

When they arrive, the others come to a stop and are shocked.

Grim reacts, "B-bwah! That collar!"

To their shock, they see that Ace is wearing a heart shaped clap of some kind metal collar in the shape of a heart, that is red and black, and has a lock at front.

"Ace... what is that thing you're wearing?" Sereia asks, shocked.

"Whar happen?" Jasper and Tanzanite ask, surprised.

Trinket even expresses her shock.

Ace walks inside and slams the door behind him with a scowl look on his face.

Then Ace says to them, "I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good."

"Myah?! Come again?!" Grim exclaims and the others express their shocked expression, "Eeh?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 79 39
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) Some time after the events of the Spelldrive, the time has arrived for Ciel and his friends to take their final e...
1K 48 25
What once was a babysitting adventure with Ace and Deuce, has become an thrilling adventure with Cater's new dragon bff...? or Cater finds him self a...
3.9K 141 6
Another year at Night Raven College, trying to keep to yourself as to not cause any problems goes horribly wrong when a magicless student shows up. Y...
7.7K 223 28
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) After avoiding being expelled, Ciel is now a student in Night Raven College with his magic companion, Grim. Now h...