Through the window

By _family_show_styles_

Harvey is a 16 year old boy with a sassy attitude, he's sarcastic and plain rude. He lives in a mansion with... More

🖤Information🖤
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
🖤 The end 🖤

Six

2.1K 70 17
By _family_show_styles_

April 15th

When a knock is heard from downstairs i get out of bed quick, tripping over my feet. No maids were here today sadly so I guess I had to do everything myself, I could call them but I enjoy being alone. It's weird having strangers in your house constantly.

Getting up I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, looking like a whole reck. My blonde hair is everywhere and my face looks rough- like I haven't slept in a while even though I have.

It's about 12pm but I've only just got up, what else if there to do when your parents are at work, you have no friends and you're off from school.

I hear someone knock at the door loudly again. "Wait!" I yell and hug my green dressing gown against me, rushing down the many steps I finally reach the door.

I yank it open and glare at whoever is at the other side of the door.

"Hi harvey!" Milo waves to me with a big grin and happy eyes and I want to actually kill him, he woke me up and he's so cheery even though it's early in the morning.

Well, early would be wrong.

Also morning.

"What" I grit out to him and ruffle my hair, trying to sneakily fix it because he is dressed and looking presentable for the day whilst I look like a rat that just crawled out of someone's toilet and has seen things.

He smiles at me, "i was thinking that we should get to know each other more, maybe we could do something together?" He questions with hope but I stare at him blankly. Trying to see if I've understood him correctly because I'm tired and only just woke up.

The silence stretches out until his eyes widen slightly, "oh- are you busy?" I look down at what I'm wearing which is literally my sleeping clothes and I scrunch my face up, is he really that dumb.

"Not particularly no" he brightens up which makes me regret what I said. "Great, let's hang out for the day then" he smiles at me but I start to shake my head.

"I can't, I'm busy..." I try to think of why I'm busy but to be honest that's all I got.

His face drops, "but didn't you just say-"

"Byeee" I shut the door in his face with a proud smile on my own, I go to walk in the kitchen before I hear knocking at the door again.

Sighing I rush over to it ripping it open to glare harshly at Milo who scowls at me, he shakes his head and inhales deeply. "Anyway like I said," I start to shut the door again but he puts his foot in the way.

Rolling my eyes I look at him through the small bit of opening, "why are you so annoying and persistent?" I question but he completely ignores that and me.

"So, do you want to hang out today?" I look at him like he's gone mad, he must really have no friends if he's this desperate to keep humiliating himself. Or he's just not great at listening.

"And why would we do that? What about any of this has said i would willingly hang out with you?" He just shrugs and scratches the back of his head awkwardly as I stare at him for the answer.

"Why not, neither of us have anything to do and you'd probably just end up sunbathing in your garden again. Then lily would break in and I'd have to get her then we'd be spending our day together anyway. Why not start now?" He makes a good point but at the same time I don't care, i don't like him and no.

"Please" he elongates the word and i feel like I'm having a conversation with a toddler. He continues and continues until I finally give in.

"Okay fine! Just shut up" he smirks in victory and I roll my eyes opening the door to let him in. Most of our conversations have been him annoying me until he gets his way and I cave, and I thought I was the spoiled one here.

"Go sit in there and don't touch anything" I point to the front room and he takes his shoes of. I huff and rush back upstairs to change because I look like a mess and he looks the total opposite and I can not have him looking better than me.

I don't have time to shower so I brush my teeth, hair and wash my face. Then I throw on an outfit.

Just some tight checkered trousers with a black belt and a baggy cream jumper, I then make sure I look my best before going back downstairs. Finding him sitting on the sofa looking around.

I rest against the doorway and he seems to sense my presence without turning around, "why are there no pictures of you?" I look around on the blank walls to see expensive art work replicas of Salvador Dalí and Claude Monet (my parents favourite artists) then I look to the shelves which have a few photos of my parents but not me.

"I don't know" he turns around and looks at me with furrowed brows, like he's trying to figure something out. Like he's observing me.

Before I let him weirdly analyse me more I change the subject, "want some tea?" He perks up at that with a 'yes please' and somehow now I'm being his slave and making tea for him in the kitchen. Maybe I shouldn't have used that as a subject changer.

Once it's done I go back to the front room and place the cups down on the table, he's on his phone messaging someone but when I sit next to him he tells me 'thanks' for the tea and puts his phone away.

I sigh.

I didn't want my day to end up like this, I don't even like him so I don't know why he's here and why I let him.

"Nice clothes" I look down at what I'm wearing and smile slightly to myself, my parents never compliment what I'm wearing. I love fashion and dressing up and no one sees how much I like it, they don't care about it- but I do.

So yeah, I'm kind of happy he noticed my clothes even if that sounds pathetic.

He leans down to be in my eye sight and I blush when I see him smile, "are you smiling?" He questions with a cheeky grin and I roll my eyes at him.

"No, you must he seeing things" I huff and sit back with crossed arms, he sits back as well with a small chuckle.

"Stop laughing it's disgusting" he shrugs at that.

"Hey you know what we should do" I glance at him with a sceptical look awaiting for his answer even though I know it will be dumb. "We should make a bet" a who now?

"What? Why?" He shrugs again and looks all around the room.

"It could be..." he thinks for a moment. "You're not allowed to be mean to me anymore and if you are then you have to be my friend. And when we go to college I'm allowed to hang with you" I look at him for a second or two wanting to laugh.

He wants me to be kind to him... and if I don't we have to be friends? Damn he must be lonely.

I squint my eyes and look at every part of his face, "what would I get out of this though?" He sighs with a thoughtful expression as he stares out the window into his own that shows his front room.

"If you aren't mean to me for a month or so then I will leave you alone, for good." I perk up and that, liking how that sounds. So all I have to do is not insult him, that's easy.

He starts to chew at his nails awaiting my answer and I pull a face, maybe this isn't going to be as easy as I thought. "Stop that" I snap and he pulls his fingers from his mouth like I just pulled a gun on him.

"Stop what?" His eyes are wide and he glances down at himself, like he's trying to see what he did wrong. I roll my eyes.

"Okay if we do this bet then you can't be annoying on purpose because that's cheating" he tilts his head in question so I sigh, "like, dont be disgusting like that on purpose or I will be mean and that would just be your own fault."

He shakes his head and rolls his eyes sightly but he's the idiot who's persisting on being my friend, so really that's on him.

"Oh and if you do i get to drown your dog" Milo gasps at that and looks at me with horror and wide eyes. I smirk and pick up my tea to take a sip.

"You are evil!" He whispers out and i hide my smile with my tea, "but seriously though, you can't keep being a dick or you'll lose" he hums and takes his own tea from the table.

I nod, "yeah and I won't, I can be nice" he looks at me like I'm lying and takes a sip of his tea. But he flinches back so his cup moves with him and half the tea spills out onto the sofa and a bit on the rug.

My eyes widen and i stand up looking at the fluffy white rug that my mum loves so much, and the cream coloured sofa that my dad chose which now probably has a massive stain. "Milo!" I scream at him and he stands with me to look at his mess.

I look over to him with a harsh glare and he chuckles nervously with a red face scratching the back of his head, yeah you better be scared. I will swing for you.

"You idiot!" I hit him on his arm and he puts his hand over it with a slight squeak, "ouch?"

"Yeah ouch, look what you did" he glances around with a sheepish face. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to! The tea was hot and I spilt it by accident, we can clean it up" my eyes snap to his stupid blue ones and I pull a face.

"Are you dumb? How are we going to clean tea stains up!" I start to pace back and forwards to think about how to clean all this up. Not listening to the ideas he springs at me randomly because they're all plain stupid.

Like, 'we could buy a replica of the couch and rug and just replace it' or, 'we should just keep scrubbing it and see if it does anything' i actually can't believe he's that dense.

It takes everything in me not to panic and freak out because I know my parents are going to kill me if they see this mess.

And i don't want to lose the bet or I'll have to be Milo's friend, and right now that's the last thing i want. So I close my eyes and take a deep breath thinking of a plan. When I open them I hold my head high and look to Milo- who looks slightly scared that I might end him.

Which I'm contemplating.

In a calm voice I say, "it's fine, I'll call a maid and they can clean this mess up as best as they can. In the mean time we should leave so they can focus" I move past him and leave the room, hiding my shaky hands, not just from him but from me. I hear him scurry behind me to catch up with me.

I take deep breaths as we leave the house and I call a maid up to help, I threaten her that I will fire her ass if she even dares to mention this to my parents. Milo looks at me pointedly but I scowl at him because this is his mess anyway so I don't care how I speak to anyone at this moment.

"I really am sorry" I don't say anything to that and he looks at the ground for a moment before his head snaps up. He tells me to wait in my spot which I find difficult to do because no one tells me what to do.

I huff and cross my arms waiting for him to return and when he does i raise a brow seeing him hold a skateboard. I almost turn around and go back in the house because hell no, but I don't want to look at the mess any longer.

I just hope it doesn't stain.

He tells me we're going to a skate park that he found the other day and I resist the urge to roll my eyes. We start to walk and he tries to make conversation with me but I'm too pissed to answer, because if I do I know I'd lose the bet.

I can tell he's trying to get my mind off of the couch and rug but it's still present in my thoughts and what my parents are going to think. Especially my father.

We finally get to the skate park and he tells me to watch him as he skates down a small hill, he then jumps with it and i can't help but be impressed. Though I keep my face neutral because I'm still annoyed.

He does a few more impressive tricks and a couple guys who are at the park clap when he lands them all, I roll my eyes at that because it's not that fantastic.

When he comes back to me he grins, "what'd you think?" He has his skateboard on the floor with his foot resting on the edge, I look at him with a bored look.

"You took my breath away" I say in a dull voice and his face drops.

"Don't be a dick remember" he gives me a look so I roll my eyes and groan throwing my head up to the plain white sky.

"Yeah whatever, are we leaving now? You showed off and the maid should be done by now" he smirks at that and steps back as he kicks the skateboard to my feet.

"Oh we're just getting started."

*****

About five minutes later I find myself wobbling on the board, struggling to even move it an inch in front of me. I huff, "how do you use this thing!" He just chuckles and moves closer to me, one foot is on the board as my other is next to it on the floor.

Yet I have no idea how to work this stupid thing. "Right, just push off with that foot" he taps my left kneecap and I try not to feel disgusted with his touch as I push off.

But somehow I just ended up falling backwards, I don't know the logic to that. He quickly grips my shoulder from behind to steady me as I fall off the board.

I kick it out of frustration.

He just laughs which I find annoying, I glare at him so he puts his hands in surrender and tells me to do it again.

Which I do, but this time he's distracted by the group of lads doing cool amazing tricks (which they aren't) so I fall forward this time. Straight on my hands and knees to stop me from face planting the concrete.

"Ouch!" I yell at him as he helps me up with a guilty face.

"I'm so sorry, I should have been there" I look down at my scratched up hands to see splodges of blood. I scowl at him as he takes my hands in his own. He starts to dust away the little pebbles that got stuck to the blood and the bits of mud, I look at him in his eyes as he does so.

Have I mentioned how blue they are?

Like really, I've never seen someone's eyes this bright, it's like waves of all different light blues mixing together. An ocean and sky blended. They're quite nice.

I shake my head to snap out of it when he asks me a question. "Huh?" I say dumbly but he just smiles.

"I said do you want to continue, you don't have to if you don't want it. But I promise all my attention will be on you" he says it like an oath as he stands up straight like a soldier with two fingers against his forehead.

My face breaks out into a small smile without me wanting it to, I can't help it. He's just so dumb and dorky, and besides I like attention so why would I pass that up.

"Fine, but if I can't do it I'm going to drown lily" I move back to his board as I hear him gasp and go on a small rant about how I'm supposed to be nice because of the deal. And that lily is the best.

I get back on it and his hand finds the middle of my back, I take a sharp breath in as it wasn't expected. But I stare at my feet to not get distracted.

He's at my side as I push of and I also squeal with relief when I finally move a bit. Milo laughs at me being excited for my small success so I glare at him and slap his hand away.

"I'm still way better than you at skating you frog!" His mouth falls open and then he's chuckling with crinkled up eyes. I just roll my own and stop the board.

"Who calls someone a frog as an insult" he is holding his belly as he continues laughing right in my face and I have to bite my smile away.

I huff, "well you do look like a frog, it's not my fault frog face" He just keeps laughing to the point where he falls on the ground and silent laughs to which I giggle at.

Today was a crazy eventual day, I didn't think I'd actually be here in a park. Laughing with Milo.

But here I am.

And it's not so bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290 1 16
heyaa this is a little Teenlock Story :) !Tw! There are places where violence or self-harm occurs. John, 15 years old, moves with his family into a...
1.1K 47 31
Blue just turned 18 and he has never hated and loved his life as much as he did at this particular age. He is an Introvert, like he is full to the to...
982 174 60
two boys. two houses. two hearts. Seventeen-year-old 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘀 has a long stretch of boring, lonely summer ahead of him. So when a new boy his age m...
17.9K 929 59
Oliver's excuse for everything is that it's a small town. He know that's not the truth. There's many smaller towns that are nice, amazing even. His i...