The Cursed Relic

Af AvaFics

Since when did I start hating him? Since when did I start falling unto darkness? When they showed him their l... Mere

Note
Beginning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 36

1.5K 80 20
Af AvaFics

~*~

Two raven hairs, bright cerulean and blood red eyes, fragile and toned bodies, insecure and confident.

Both entirely different individuals stared at each other, the other had fear and confusion while the other had blank eyes.

Rosh Edward Del Razon narrowed his eyes at the young girl, almost at his age but definitely doesn't look like it. His iris glimmered in curiousity as he observed her.

Amros' words flashed in his mind.

''This rotten kingdom of yours have a lot of dark secrets, Master. The previous king bred a lot of children to fight for the throne, not many people know of this.'' Amros used his magic to create a human image made of fire.

It was a woman, wearing old traditional long dress and a tiara on her head. She was beautiful.

''One of those children is this princess, Cynthia Ainchleim. The fourth princess amongst five.''

''Fourth? There's no such thing, Amros. There are only three known princesses and four princes, seven royal children in total.'' Rosh said before looking in Amros' eyes.

''Or so I thought.''

''That's right, Master. The truth behind is that there are five princesses and four princes. Nine young royals overall.''

He waved his hand once more, and the human figures of the 'supposedly' nine royal children formed.

''Having more princesses than princes is considered lowly for a royal, as it means you aren't capable enough to even produce more male royals to bear and continue the royal name, it is a disgrace. Personally, even I found this stupid.'' 

''So this is the reason why the royal family only confirms the queen's pregnancy if they are assured that the male royals are more in number.'' Rosh pondered.

''Correct, Master.''

''Biased aren't they? Even I have a bit of respect for sexuality.'' The boy commented. He cleared his throat before continuing. ''Continue.''

''Fighting for the crown is a fight for survival, the fight for the key to the blue-blood family entrance. If you fail, then bye-bye royal life.'' Amros said in a playful tone. ''When the current king, the second prince, was chosen to succeed the throne, there were three options given to the other children.''

One of the princes human figures disappeared, as it represents the current king who survived as a royal. There were only eight left children casted for the given choices.

The violet eyed man then lifted three left fingers.

''First, is to be banished to another kingdom as a commoner.'' The second, third, fifth princess' and the third prince's figures disappeared.

''Second, is to marry into a high ranked noble family and live as a noble.''

''Choosing the second option will give them higher possibilities of having their descendants be given the right to be in line to the throne. The higher the rank, the nearer your stand is to the throne.'' Amros made the fourth prince and the first princess' flames disappear.

''However, some of them do not want their freedom to choose their spouse or partner be controlled. So not everyone chose this.''

''And the third?''

''Two words.'' Amros snapped his fingers, and the remaining flaming images vanished into smoke. ''Be killed.''

Banished from the kingdom, the second, third and fifth princess along with the third prince disappeared, never to be heard of again.

The fourth prince didn't give up the option for nobility and is now the current Viscount of Biren after his marriage. While the first princess also married and became the current duchess of Pascano.

On the other hand, the first prince retaliated against the options from the king, as he believed it was not right for them to be given such unfair choices without them giving up in many things. Because of this, he was killed for 'treason'.

And this is where princess Cynthia enters. She wasn't killed, nor was she banished, and neither was she married in a high ranked noble. The first prince sacrificed all the odds of him surviving, for being a great swordsman himself, just to save and free his sister.

He succeeded and the princess survived. She escaped through the wild and found herself in another region of the world, in Sendira.

What did she do after? She didn't marry a noble, a merchant or a knight.

She married a prince.

That's right. Princess Cynthia married a prince from a once flourishing kingdom, however, that kingdom didn't last long. It became a fallen one when they were attacked by another kingdom. Leaving them defeated and forgotten.

Everything leads to the present.

''W-who are you!?'' She yelled in horror.

He raised his brow, is he that scary? Rosh brushed away the dirt from his clothes and stood up from the ground.

''I should be the one asking you that, miss. Who are you?'' He backfired her question.

Though he didn't really need to ask. He already knew who she is.

''I-I...I...uhm..''

''Tch.''

Rosh clicked his tongue and confidently towered the cowering descendant of princess Cynthia Ainchleim and another prince.

A pureblooded royalty. In terms of status rank and blood, a perfect second-in-line to the throne.

Anya Mirage Ainchleim Wesyl.

''...''

''Don't look at me like a lost duck. Are you going to answer me or not?'' Rosh rolled his eyes.

''I-I...I'm......A-Anya. Anya Wesyl.'' She squeaked.

Rosh hummed with the shadows of the trees hiding his slight grin. His eyes sickly sweet as he looked at the innocent little lamb. How refreshing, for someone to be so innocent as to just say her real name infront of a stranger.

Almost as naive and ignorant as Josh. She's quite comparable to his stupid little brother.

''Anya? What a pretty name.'' It is a pretty name. And since she spoke to Rosh with honesty, it's only right to reciprocate it right? ''My name is Rosh, I'm eight. How about you?''

''S-seven.'' She glanced away incomfortably. Why is she talking to this strange boy?

''Is that so? Then, why is a young child such as you in such a place like this? Don't you know there are giant beasts here that are strong enough to kill you with a single flick?''

''That's...but...Are you not a child yourself? We're just the same!'' She tried to be brave but her shaking legs speaks the opposite.

''I might be a child, but not like everyone else. But you? You look like a paper. Can easily be blown by the wind, and crumpled by the ground. Unlike you, I am strong.'' He gazed at her incredulously as her emotions became even more visible. ''You do not have the power to protect yourself.''

He tilted his head and said innocently. ''You're quite weak, Anya.''

Rosh spoke without filter. After all, what's there to filter? When this little girl will know the dark side of the world soon enough.

Anya was washed in fear as he reminded her of her whole flaw, she was and is weak. She couldn't do anything, much less defend herself. Why would she be mad at Hyacinth for underestimating her, for calling her weak? Everything her sister speaks of is the truth.

She looked at Rosh's glowing eyes. Filled with nothing but darkness, merciless and unempathetic, as if he cares about nothing in the world aside....one.

But when she looked even closer, everything in his eyes went vast and wide. Pain. Regret. Hatred. Anger.

Though the fear in her eyes didn't disappear, it softened slightly enough not to be noticed. Did he go through something similar or even worse than me? Can he understand my pain if he did?

Rosh looked at her fearful eyes in amusement. ''Are you afraid, Anya?''

She then trembled unconsciously. Stop.

He took a step before he froze, his eyes widening slightly.

'What....what is....this..?'

The ring on his fingers started to heat up and glow, as if telling him something. Masked yet powerful. Such immense magic of a blessing! The sudden surge of mana in the air as her power starts to fluctuate, even the Siltheur's emblem which isn't very enthusiastic in the presence of normal magic, is being extra attentive to this sudden surprise.

''Master, this magic.''

'I sense it, Amros.'

''It is very enticing, if I'm not a powerful being, I have long been hypnotized by this energy and will chase that girl 'till it's in my grasp.''

'Very strong and dangerous. An interesting factor from such a weak looking girl.'

''Agreed. However, be careful, Master. This power and that girl herself is not normal.''

'You don't need to remind me.'

He woke up his senses more and became even more guarded. The Siltheur's emblem is acting up again. It's craving everything that surrounds her. A dangerously powerful energy inside her, strong enough for Amros to even warn him to be careful. Rosh laid his eyes on the girl, his fists clenching.

He wanted it, that power, he wanted everything.

Rosh couldn't determine if it was him being driven insane and controlled, or is it just his personal desire.

But a silent plead claws his heart, his mind and his soul.

''Anya...''

He wants her.

***

Marquis William Aphen went out for 'personal matters'. The whole household have been in shambles after the beginning of the whole 'Pause'. Their business line was very affected and their workers started complaining because of their missing salaries.

Permitus Aphen anxiously circled in his room, trying to calm himself about everything.

Why? Why? Why?

Is this really a coincidence? Everything is breaking down around him. Nothing is going his way!

He had started the feud between him and the first young master of Razon for the past weeks, but now, after the slow running of their financial source, even he is starting to grow embarrassed. Him, the son of a slowly falling marquissate, is playing tug of war with the son of a duke.

Something, he needs to do something!

Permitus lifted his head and walked towards his desk. He took out a stationary and wrote a long letter before sealing it in an envelope.

He called in his personal maid. A young woman entered and bowed her head nervously. He gave her the mail.

''Take this letter and send it to this address.'' Permitus gave her a small paper with an address written.

''Young master..what is this? But...''

''Did you not hear me? I said send this letter.''

''But young master, the lord said—''

Pak!

''——ack! Y-young master..'' The poor woman held her reddened cheek and stared at the boy in horror. The young child held a vicious expression, something no one would expect for a kid.

''Stupid b*tch! Just do as I say, aren't you a servant? Don't talk back to your master!'' Permitus gared at her intensely. ''And if you tried to tell my father, you will lose your tongue, do you understand?!''

''Y-yes, young master!'' The maid was forced to follow his orders.

''Now scram!''

***

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

62K 1.9K 53
"Monsters aren't born. They are created. Not from the imagination of someone's deepest fears, but from tangible negative energy. Darkness formed fro...
1.5K 3 47
I have always been a hopeless romantic, always daydreaming of my prince charming to come, sweep me off my feet and we would ride off into the sunset...
407 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
7M 268K 64
"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just that my body decided not to move. "I will...