The Abyss (Kim Doyoung)

By tayswift679

Kim Doyoung is an orphan without memories of his past. He grows up in different foster homes that keep hurtin... More

The Abyss
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
The Abyss Notes
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10

Chapter 9

151 5 2
By tayswift679

A/N: Hi stars... Yeah, I kinda like to call my readers stars. (Sorry for being obsessed with stars) Anyways, I'm here to apologize because I change the Mafia name to Serpent. I forgot to tell you about it in the last chapter and I was about to edit it too.

I plan to continue updating and maybe two or more chaps since it's been so long since I last updated, even me is surprised that it was so long! I enjoy writing this and yeah, I drop the hints already. hehe

To make it special, Doie is now on King's radar. Lmao (Sorry bunny babe 🙈)

Enjoy reading! 💚

--

Chapter 9

Doyoung went to the guest room and found Jaemin and Chenle cuddling. The boys were sleeping in the position when they were still children. Doyoung felt the squeeze of his heart. The adrenaline wore off and only the fondness and nostalgia kept Doyoung's heart highly elated. He thought of his long-time dream. When was the last time he hoped that they would spend their life together living quietly like family? Doyoung imagined it many times before, what if they lived together and watched Jaemin and Chenle grow up, helping them with their school problems or even their teenage crush. Doyoung wanted to watch them grow, go shopping or play video games in the living room, go out with their friends, and many more. Doyoung is a sucker of a normal family and even if he doesn't experience those, he is still glad that both Jaemin and Chenle found their way to be with him again. It sounded selfish but it was like a gift and an answered prayer to Doyoung. He will do everything to keep them safe. His eyes became heavy and Doyoung joined the two boys, hugging Chenle in the middle just like they always did when sleeping together. The memories are both bitter and sweet and have a deep significance to Doyoung. He fell asleep afterward. 

Morning comes in the blink of an eye. Doyoung opened his eyes and quickly realized where he was. The king-size bed, glamor furniture, and soft bed clear his visions and senses. He searches for his brothers only to find them talking and still in bed. 

"So, I went to the library and searched for the book! I put him into his place!" Doyoung heard Chenle telling a funny story. Jaemin's eyes were twinkling and when Doyoung moved, the boys went to him, and wide smiles appeared on their faces. 

"Good morning Doie!" Chenle greetings are just like the old times. 

"That's hyung for you lele." Jaemin scolds the younger.

"Fine hyung! Chill." Chenle chuckles mischievously following his grin. 

"I miss you, babies," Doyoung muttered, which made the two boys' cheeks turn pink. They get flustered just like before. Doyoung is enjoying his morning so far. 

"I miss you both two. Every day I pray that both of you are fine... I always think of you and have both of your pictures with me so I will not forget your faces." Chenle informed them. Doyoung smirked at Chenle's confession. Even in his teenage life, the boy always said cheesy things to make them feel special. Jaemin pouted at it like usual and kissed Chenle's cheeks. Doyoung giggles. 

"How's your life with your family?" Doyoung asked, curious at their youngest. 

"Hm, I feel at home with them and it feels good being with them. They treated me well and mom is so sweet, hyung. I told her about you guys and how much you take care of me and I miss you so much. Mom even offered to adopt both of you but we discover that Doyoung hyung and Jaemin hyung have good families already. I don't want to be selfish and kinda sulky when I learn it. Nevertheless, I continue my life and promise to visit you here one day! I have forbidden my family to search for you because... What if I miss both of you and I will ask you to go with me... It will be unfair, hyung." Chenle's voice is full of emotions and Doyoung is overwhelmed. He saw Jaemin already crying and Chenle's eyes turned red and held their hands. He careless Chenle's head, feeling the soft hair he misses so much. 

"I thought it was a dream being completed like this," Jaemin says dramatically and both Doyoung and Chenle know that Jaemin is overdoing it already to tease Chenle. Doyoung smirked at the younger. 

"Tell me Jaeminie, how come it's back? Why didn't you tell me?" Doyoung's voice was so serious that Jaemin bit his lip, unable to deny it. Knowing that his brother knew his soul so much he couldn't hide anything from them. It's the same with everyone, as an oath they experience together. Like magic that connects them together. 

"I only feel it because I don't trust Ten. He also told me about meeting Chenle and that both of you were together. I tried to call you but you weren't answering. He spent an hour convincing me before I decided to follow him because Ten called Yuta hyung to confirm. He is a cool hyung. He was patient with me but I still cannot control my emotions. I feel like I was in the abyss." Jaemin explained briefly. 

"I'm glad you're okay now. Tell us if you experience migraine again." Doyoung said and received a nod from the younger ones. 

Their conversation stops when they hear a knock on the door. Doyoung is quick to open it only to see Jeno's fresh look and gentle smile. 

"Breakfast is ready. Please come to the dining room." 

"Thank you, just give me a sec or get my two brothers with you and I will follow later after I wash my face," Doyoung said and smiled at the boy he learned to like the smile. 

Chenle and Jaemin are ready since they both wake up earlier than Doyoung. He was told by both men that there was new clothing on the dresser that he can change after showering. Doyoung only realizes that both of them have different clothes like yesterday. 

Jaemin is wearing a white oversize hoodie with a cat design printed on it and black pants while Chenle has white Tees he likes so much and ripped jeans. Jeno is waiting when both boys come and raise his brow seeing two boys holding hands. 

The awkward atmosphere stayed in the air but Doyoung ignored it. He smirks at them before going to the bathroom and quickly does his routine. Luckily, the bathroom is completed in soap, shampoo, and even body wash and face moisturizer. Doyoung sighs seeing things he often uses and puts them on his body and smells the sweet scent. He only showers faster than he normally does but still feels refreshed. He chooses the dark blue hoodie and pants before going out and following the youngsters. 

"So, Since it's Chenle's first time meeting them. I will introduce these two boys." Kun said after nodding at Doyoung entering the dining hall. Doyoung sits after Jaemin and quickly eats the rolled egg and bacon. 

"This person who looks like a puppy is named Jeno Lee. He is also part of Serpent but an official member because he has no position in the group." Kun smirked when Jeno nodded his head. 

"Ten Lee, the trouble maker." Ten scoffed but did not say anything. 

"Wong Hendery. Be careful because he is grumpy. Like, all the time." Kun grimaced expecting a whine but the younger remained silent only eating his food. 

"For now Chenle, I will leave you to Hendery and Jeno's care. They will stay with you as guards but you can treat them as friends. They're capable.

" Yeah, after seeing them rescue us last night." Chenle cheekily said. 

"I hope you guys get along!" The lack of enthusiasm and only a nod answer made Kun satisfied. He never expects anything and Doyoung knew his boss was not being dramatic in any form. 

"Chenle will live with Jeno in the meantime. He has an apartment in one of the Lee Group buildings and Jeno has many spare rooms." Kun said and Chenle nodded again. 

"Doie, there is a meeting later regarding Chao and I want you to be there. Chenle is also needed but Jaemin can refuse if he isn't feeling well." Kun raised his brow, remembering Jaemin's dull eyes last night and how the boy ignored him the entire time when he asked him. He cannot sense any anxiety or emotions in Jaemin, he just shuts down completely, and Kun is nervous while waiting for Doyoung's arrival. He even scolded Ten when the latter pouted and also was confused about Jaemin's sudden change. 

"He will be fine. Jaemin is fine as long as we're together." Kun's eyes mirror confusion and amusement but did not retort and only nodded his head. 

The breakfast ended without any problems. Doyoung and Jaemin are back at their house while Chenle is with Jeno and Hendery. Both men were acting normal while Chenle is customized to the setup already. He even said that he also had bodyguards back home and was thankful that Jeno and Hendery acted more normally than his previous guards who overprotective of him that he feels suffocated. Doyoung could see the irritation in Chenle's eyes. He hugs Chenle before going to the car that will drop him and Jaemin at their home. Jaemin kisses Chenle on the cheeks that Jeno frowns slightly, he is never familiar with skinship with brothers like that nonetheless, Chenle looks happy getting a kiss from his brothers. 

"See you." The only thing Doyoung said before heading in with Jaemin on his back following him. 

"I'm tired, Doyoung commented. Jaemin is quick to hug his hyung from the back and they settle on the sofa. 

" Hyung, I cannot believe Chenle is with us," Jaemin mumbled, resting his jaw on Doyoung's broad shoulder. 

"Yeah. Miss him so so much." He muttered and felt the warmth that Jaemin was giving him. 

"I'm worried for Chenle. Do you want to join the meeting?" Doyoung's voice is gentle and lets go of the hold as he faces Jaemin and takes his hands. 

"If you're not comfortable with strangers, you can wait for us. I'll tell you everything afterward." Jaemin's eyes flicker with the sincere concern he always received from Doyoung. He stares at his hyung weighing the decisions, at the end Jaemin sighed. 

"I don't want to meet them but Chenle is important," Jaemin mumbled honestly. 

"You know that you're important too. Your feelings matter and Chenle will understand. Don't push yourself so much, Nana." Doyoung uses his childhood pet name and Jaemin remembers their good days. He smiled and nodded his head. "Okay." He whispered. 

It's afternoon when Doyoung was fetched by Jeno. He looks at Doyoung with awe and is about to ask where Jaemin is when Doyoung beats him to it. 

"Jaemin is still resting, he won't join us today." Jeno only nodded his head and started to drive when Doyoung settled in the passenger seat. 

They drove in silence and Doyoung could sense the tension. He is glad that Jaemin did not come and let his brother rest properly. Chenle was informed by the call he received from both brothers and became worried. Doyoung assured him that Jaemin will be fine for a day or two resting. 

They arrive at the huge building with the name EL Tower. Doyoung frowned, hugging his anxiety. It's not every day that he will meet a mafia boss. He only heard it in fiction and even if he knew that he would be safe, Doyoung cannot help but become nervous as hell. He bit his lip when Jeno parked the car at the entrance. The valet is waiting for them and Jeno just throws the key, smirking at the man. The automatic glass door opens and the girl at the front desk greets them after recognizing Jeno. The elevator they ride is a lot different because there is only one floor and needs a card to access. Doyoung breath hitches by the abnormal beating of his heart. He is so nervous and his panicking heart did not help him to lower the tension. Jeno is quite unlike the last time, he doesn't smile nor acknowledges Doyoung's uneasy feeling. However, Doyoung prepared it like that. He is not ready to treat Jeno as an acquaintance yet. 

The elevator opens and they walk to the broad hallway before going to an office. It looks like a conference room and Doyoung is glad to see his little brother looking bored in his seat. 

"Hyung." Chenle greeted him, a warm smile radiated to the room, and even Kun was surprised by Chenle's change of attitude. 

"Hey, aegi." Doyoung pinches his cheek and hugs him before sitting next to him. He holds Chenle's warm hand and looks at the people in the room. 

Jeno, Hendery, Kun, and Chenle are the only people inside. Kun spoke before Doyoung could ask. 

"The boss is on his way. He just attended the meeting." Kun informed him and Doyoung nodded his head after. 

"How are you?" Doyoung whispered to Chenle's ear. 

"Hm, not that good. I'm worried." Chenle whispered back. Their bonding includes them not lying to each other. It was Doyoung's favorite even if the truth will hurt any of them. They swear to be each other's comfort and now that Chenle is back to Doyoung and Jaemin, the habit is coming back too. 

"I'm nervous too but we have each other. Remember the old days?" Chenle eyes flicker with certainty. He smiled at his brother and squeezed his hand. He murmurs a small "Okay."

Their conversation halts when the door opens. Doyoung sees a man with sharp looks. His hair is in style back which makes his face more prominent. His hair is raven with an undercut while his jaw is sharp with boba eyes Doyoung finds beautiful even for a man. He wears casual black tees and dark pants. The next person who came was a man with blue hair with high cheekbones and a sharp jaw too. He looks innocent but Doyoung knows that much. The next person who came is a lot more familiar, his skin is pale with dimples on his sides. He smiles after greeting Kun, Jeno, and Hendery. Unlike the two men who focus on their phones before seating in the chairs. 

"So, I want to introduce them first." Kun started. 

"Mark and Jaehyun for you," Kun said, raising his brow. Mark only nodded without looking at them and was still busy with his phone while Jaehyun smiled at them and offered a handshake. 

"And of course, Lee Taeyong, Lee Group Chairman." Doyoung stared at the man and waited for him to acknowledge his presence. Taeyong seems occupied with his phone when he finally looks at Doyoung and his expression changes. 

"Sean?" Taeyong muttered in awe. 

"What the fuck!" Mark curses after hearing a name and also looks at Doyoung. 

Taeyong boba's eyes are dark and deep. Doyoung's breath hitched abruptly. 

"Sorry? I'm Kim Doyoung." Taeyong turned to Mark and liked him, he also looked baffled, staring at Doyoung with keenness. 

"Wait. Your name is Kim Doyoung?" He asked and let Kun answer it because his boss is acting strange. 

"Do you not remember me? Us?" Taeyong asked again, the voice he uses is hoarse and vulnerable and even Doyoung is surprised. 

"It's my first time seeing you sir." Doyoung can't help but talk formally. 

"Are you sure about that?" Taeyong changing language to English made Kun gasp. 

"Yeah, of course," Doyoung answered back in English with an equal accent. 

Doyoung knows how to speak English. He never really finds it special and with his American accent in that. Taeyong raised his brows and looked at Mark who was also surprised. 

"Alright. Sorry, I thought of you as someone I knew. A friend a long time ago." Taeyong muttered and offered the sweetest smile that creeped Doyoung out. 

Mark is staring at him and also offers a smile and Doyoung could sense that something was wrong. Even Kun and Hendery look astonished. Jeno on the other hand does not care at all. Jaehyun is good at hiding his expression. 

"Let's start the meeting." Taeyong mumbles. He stares at Doyoung before looking at Kun. 

"Alright."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 10.9K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
810K 18.4K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
173K 6.3K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
846K 10.8K 44
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...