Little Miss Greene || Carl Gr...

By iamsad1

You are y/n Greene, Hershel Greene's youngest daughter. Trying to survive this apocalyptic world with your f... More

Chapter 1 | The boy who got shot
Chapter 2 | Guns
Chapter 3 | Life
Chapter 4 | The end and the beginning
Chapter 5 | Missing leg
Chapter 6 | The invasion
Chapter 7 | shooting practice
Chapter 8 | the Governor
Chapter 9 | Going to war
Chapter 10 | Making a deal?
Chapter 11 | The end?
Chapter 12 | A new start
Chapter 13 | Sickness
Chapter 14 | An attack on the sick
Chapter 15 | The prison is gone
Chapter 16 | Split up
Chapter 17 | "we win"
Chapter 18 | Traintracks
Chapter 19 | Those who arrive, survive
Chapter 20 | Escape
Chapter 21 | Dating?
Chapter 22 | They're back
Chapter 24 | She's gone
Chapter 25 | Walking. Walking And More Walking
Chapter 26 | We are the walking dead
Chapter 27 | On The Road
Chapter 28 | Alexandria
Chapter 29 | In The New Community
Chapter 30 | Woods
Chapter 31 | A new way of life
Chapter 32 | Wolves
Chapter 33 | Keeping A Look-out
Chapter 34 | Walkers
Chapter 35 | "Dad?"
Chapter 36 | The next world
Chapter 37 | Bring me a souvenir
Chapter 38 | Haircuts
Chapter 39 | The Journey
Chapter 40 | Eenie Meenie Miney Mo
Chapter 41 | Two Down
Chapter 42 | Aftermath
Chapter 43 | Grief

Chapter 23 | "I'm not a scientist!"

1.7K 27 84
By iamsad1

The radio was playing on the bus and I was sitting in silence looking out the window.

They were all talking about something but I was completely ignoring them.

Recently Beth had been on my mind a lot. It's strange but I know she's out there still. I know she's alive. I know it's embarrassing but she's probably my best friend and I know as her best friend. She's surviving. I hope she is.

She was always a people person. I don't know if she could survive on her own. But she's brave she'll make it. I will see her again.

"No one can make fun of my hair." Eugene warns about his mullet. I glance out the window seeing loads of walkers outside.

"I can. I will." I say. Eugene looks at me ready to bite back when the bus spins and crashes out of control.

I feel my head hit the seat ahead and it goes black for a split second. It's blurry and I can hear muffles of Glenn's voice as I wake up. It feels like a dream.

He's shaking my shoulder "Y/n? Y/n can you hear me?" I finally snap back into reality. Seeing everyone lying about everywhere.

Maggie is standing up and is looking down at me. I touch the top of my head and feel blood drip down. "You okay?" Glenn asks me helping me up. I nod.

"Abraham me and you go first to clear the way for y/n, Rosita and Maggie. Once we are all out we start hitting them yeah." Glenn announces the plan.

Abraham and Glenn bust out and I go after Rosita. I'm in the cold air which makes me feel even dizzier. I feel for my knife as I have a gun and a knife on me at all times.

A walker runs up to me but Maggie knocks it with the back of her gun. I get my knife and start stabbing loads it takes a lot of effort.

Eugene walks out and one walks near him but he's frozen in place. I kill it just in time. Then run to get others.

Once they are all killed. Glenn goes over to me and inspects my head "God y/n that looks like it hurts. We'll try and clean it up a bit yeah." I nod and Maggie says she will get the first aid kit in the bus.

However, the bus is on fire. Shit there goes our transport. Abraham starts shouting about how we can't go back to the church.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We stop at a little bookstore for the night. I'm sitting on the blankets that have been put on the floor as my bed.

"Hey y/n," Tara says sitting with me "How's your head?"

I looks towards her showing her the huge gash on my forehead. "Not bad. Barely hurts anymore." I joke. Truth is my head hurts like a bitch.

"Well it doesn't look that bad." Tara responds making me cackle I saw in a window what it looks like. It's horrible.

"Thanks Tara." I reply playing with the blanket. "Hey we're in a book store I bet you could find a book here to read? Let's take one as our souvenir for staying in the bookshop." Tara says. I perk up and get my torch out as it is pitch black.

"Yeah okay," I answer we walk out of the main room and go round with my torch looking for books. We walk through a door seeing Eugene sitting on a chair and shelves of books.

"Just what we needed." Tara says going over to the shelf. "What ya'll doing?" Eugene asked.

"Getting some books." I say.
"Just getting a souvenir." Tara says.

I look through the piles of books.

Murder mysteries. No thank you too much of that in the real world.

Then I see one book that I immediately grab. "Oh what you got there?" Tara says walking over to me after seeing my excitement.

"Wizard Of Oz." I reply staring at the book "My dad used to read this for me ages ago. When the —When the prison broke. Umm I lost it."

Tara stares at me in pity. "Well guess you can have it now huh. I got a book called Little Woman. Apparently it's a classic it's in the classic section." Tara said changing the subject. Phew.

"You can keep in your backpack for me, yeah." She asked. I nodded. I then packed a few more in my bag. Plus a few more comics that I know Carl would love.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A little while later we were all getting ready for bed. "Right y/n where are you sleeping?" Maggie asked. I gave my bed to Eugene who made a fuss about not having a blanket.

"I'm keeping watch." I tell them sitting by the window. "No your not. Your going to sleep." Maggie instructs. God she's not my mum.

"I'll just keep watch. It's cool." I say. Maggie goes over to me pointing her finger "No you will go to sleep. Do you hear me."

I huff "Stop treating me like a child. I'm not." I shout a bit louder than I intended. Maggie looks as surprised as me at my burst of anger.

"Woah. Woah. Chill y/n." Glenn says after hearing the shouting.

"No I won't chill Glenn. Why can't I just go on watch?" I ask crossing my arms.

"CAUSE YOUR A DAMN KID. HOW THE HELL YOU GONNA GO ON WATCH ANYWAY ALL THE WINDOWS ARE BLOCKED. NOW SHUT THE HELL UP AND SLEEP I ALREADY DIDN'T WANT YOU COMING DO NOT MAKE ME REGRET IT!" Abraham shouted. I roll my eyes but don't argue can't be bothered to.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The next day we find a fire truck to use as transport.

Just as Abraham is getting it to work. A group of zombies walk out the fire station door. I get my knife and jam it in as many walker heads as I can.

I feel water from the hose hit me and I glance to see Eugene using it to kill the walkers.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I shout to Eugene. He glances at me "Because sweetheart. It did the job of killing then right."

I roll my eyes. All these assholes think I'm a kid. Abraham gets on the top of the fire truck doing a creepy laugh. That makes me give him a weird face.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We get as far as we can on the fire truck before it breaks down.

Then we walk in the heat the rest of the way. In the distance we see a huge herd of walkers on the road we need to follow.

I start walking back the way we came. There is no way we can walk through them. Abraham is the only one who doesn't join us.

"We can't detour it. They can't see us or hear us from here." Abraham says. Everyone word he says makes me think he's even more insane.

"We are not going through this, okay? It isn't gonna happen." Glenn says walking up to him.

Abraham starts talking some bullshit about how "we don't go back. We can't go back." He's crazy I wish I was back at the church. It was calm and quiet and I wasn't with assholes. Well Tara isn't an asshole. I'm sure isn't one either but you get what I mean.

"I'm not talking about going back. Just south a few miles." Glenn says. Abraham immediately answer no. Rosita says it's a bad idea so does Maggie.

"Abraham we can't through it. There's too many." I voice my opinion. He turns to me "We don't have have to go straight through."

"That's the way the road goes." Maggie says backing me up. "Exactly. Unless you have a death wish." I add.

"WE CAN GET THROUGH. I KNOW IT! THAT MEANS WE ARE NOT GOING SOUTH OR GOING AROUND OR GOING BACK!" He screams I jump a little at the sudden shouting.

Rosita replies no. Abraham gets mad at this. He starts to walk back grabbing Eugene. "Get off of him." I say trying to get his hand off Eugene. Instead he shoves me back.

Glenn runs up to him pushing him and shouting "You are done!" They start shoving each other and screaming.

Rosita gets knocked over. There's only screeching until Eugenes voice speaks one sentence "I'm not a scientist!"

We all go silent. "I lied I'm not a scientist. I don't know how to stop it."

We go back to the fire truck and Abraham starts punching and hitting him until Eugene is knocked out. Oh lord. I kneel next to him and shake him asking if he's awake.

Eugene isn't a scientist

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 1.1K 95
Y/n Dixon, she was the youngest Dixon child, nothing like Merle. She was sweet, kind, caring. Like her mother. She always had Daryl to protect her. B...
8.5K 201 16
Lexi Dixion. Daughter to Daryl Dixion, Niece to Merle Dixion. Being an Avid reader went to the Library in Town every day. Eventually she went to the...
280 48 11
Isabella Grimes, daughter of Rick Grimes never knew that the life around her would drastically change. Her mornings were spent writing poems with her...
1.6K 39 6
The zombie Apocolypse could not have come at a worse time for the Grimes/Dixon family. by geekygirl699 on ao3